How many time have you beaten Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest?

Avatar image for Gamegerdude0752
Gamegerdude0752

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamegerdude0752
Member since 2005 • 299 Posts
I've beaten that game at lest twice already, and I got the best ending in the game!! It's still one of my favrorite games in the series as well as Symphony of the Night and Lament of Innocence, and Castlevania 3. How many times have you beaten Castlevania 2??
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 propyro
Member since 2005 • 6736 Posts
Never. I love the game and have spent retarded amounts of time in the forest outside the starting town just because I love listening to bloody tears. One of these days i'll put some serious effort into progressing in that game.
falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#3 falconclan
Member since 2005 • 15885 Posts
once :| its an embarrassment to the castlevania universe imo...
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 propyro
Nah, it's not that bad. The biggest problem it has is that there are some parts of the game that are impossible to figure out without the help of someone that's beaten the game (like kneeling at the waterfall). Now Castlevania Adventure is an embarrasment. no wait, Curse of Darkness comes pretty close to an embarasment, but not for the reasons Greg K was whining about in his review.
ainge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 ainge
Member since 2003 • 219 Posts
Castlevania Adventure and CoD aren't that bad to me. I've heard people say that they got sick of the game by the end of it. Well I am currently outside of Dracula's room in CoD and I still enjoy the game. But to keep on topic, I've only beaten Simon's Quest one time. I love the game personally and have watched my brother beat it about a dozen times. He's 26 now and primarily plays NES games. If it wasn't for him I would have never played any Castlevania games.
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 propyro
Curse of Darkness isn't all that bad if it weren't for the castlevania part of it's name. I'm pretty much at the same part of the game you are at, except dracula's second form keeps kicking my ass because I suck at dodging. The game is a fine ho-hum action rpg to me, it's just that i don't think it lives up to the Castlevania name. As for Castlevania Adventure, other than Mortal kombat 2 for Game Gear, it's probably one of the most broken games i've ever played thanks to the retardedly finicky controls.
Geusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#7 Geusprime
Member since 2004 • 2263 Posts
Please don't say anything more about Castlevania Adventure ;  ;

I've beaten Simon's Quests enough times to write a game guide for it off the top of my head. Yes it has obvious flaws but it's endearing to me as it's the first game I ever loved to play. For an exact number, I'd say somewhere in the neighborhood of forty times.
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 propyro
Please don't say anything more about Castlevania Adventure ; ;Geusprime
For some reason i can't wipe this really dumb looking grin off my face.
Avatar image for Gamegerdude0752
Gamegerdude0752

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Gamegerdude0752
Member since 2005 • 299 Posts
Castlevania Adventure was a big disappointment indeed!! I downloaded a ROM copy of it for the Virtual Advance emulator, and it was just terrible. I'm so glad I stayed away from that awful piece of crap when it was out for the regular Game Boy, and went with Belmont's Revenge!!
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 propyro
Well it wasn't that bad if you could perfectly time jumps with the last pixel of your heel on the edge of a pit, or deal with the half second delay after pressing the button before the whipping animation even started. Most of us can't, hence the dislike.
ainge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 ainge
Member since 2003 • 219 Posts
That's why you've got to man-up, bite the bullet, and play it for four hours straight on a gameboy player until you beat it. Or your eyes start bleeding, whichever comes first. 
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 propyro
I'm willing to put $50 down that most people's eyes will start bleeding before they start making real progress in that game.
alucard1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 alucard1137
Member since 2006 • 2916 Posts
ill take that bet