The first wave of beta invites have been sent out. Some of you will be receiving access to an exclusive group which will allow users a first look at what the new GameSpot has to offer. Didnt get on the list? A second wave of invites will be set out in September for those who are interested.
What's gonna happen to the old Gamespot?O_o
New Gamespot starts in October, been confirmed by Lark.
Also, the layout of the new GS:
It looks too much like Giant Bomb, lol:
Thanks to whiskeystrike for this info based off the latest vid:
- Visual overhaul of the front page and organization of links
- Links at the top of the page: Games, Reviews, News, Videos, Community. All content should be easily accessible from those 5 groups.
- There's a seperate video player specifically for Gamespot's video shows for easy access
- Will be an upcoming event bar at the top of the page to notify users when things like review embargos will be lifted
- Will be optimized for the newest versions of Chrome/Firefox/IE
- Will also be optimized for tablet/mobile use, no kind of App needed
- Search function of Gamespot will be overhauled and useable.
- There is going to be something like a Facebook feed
- It'll track who in your friends list is commenting in what thread, user reviews, blogs, status updates, etc
- You can change the background of your profile versus just a banner
- Fuse is done, hence they're taking elements from it to incorporate the feed into your profile page.
- Something about a "stack" though it's not finalized and they're still toying with it.
- No plans on bringing back the total access subscription, ads are here to stay on the website.
- GameSpot loves GiantBomb
- If you're not in the beta but really wanna get in post under the video and they'll consider adding you in the next update.