Has anyone you know well been banned or suspended lately?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

User Lists: 0

#251 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts

Wow. Can we please discuss the topic title, please? Rather than discuss union invasion I believe this thread is to talk about people who you know that got banned or suspended.

So back on topic, one of the top 75 posters got banned yesterday. Dante003. He had 37000 posts and he had just joined SonicSpot, and appearantly he did something somewhere because I went to see his porfile and he was banned.

PolskaKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252 PolskaKing
Member since 2008 • 39592 Posts
Couple weeks ago, three people in a union im in. THe leader Combatsoldier, an officer: Z-Blood, and a recurit named LaughingManX23.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 Cloud_765
Z-Blood... dunno him.
Avatar image for deactivated-6016f3a1e8420
deactivated-6016f3a1e8420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 deactivated-6016f3a1e8420
Member since 2005 • 112042 Posts

Wow. Can we please discuss the topic title, please? Rather than discuss union invasion I believe this thread is to talk about people who you know that got banned or suspended.

Cloud_765

Sorry, dude.

Avatar image for papermariofan57
papermariofan57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#255 papermariofan57
Member since 2008 • 121960 Posts

Eveerything can be stopped easily, without going to each other union and moderating each member that violates the TOU. This fight has to end before something worse happens, as you can see around 3 gamespot members has been banned cause of all of this and i dont want to continue watching new gamespot members banned. The OTB, is a separate union, and the jedi council another. In other words we are doing anything, just fighting. Would be worse if an admin comes and closes both unions for something without any meaning.

and yes, i had hear of combatsoldier before, but never meeted him:(

lancelot200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 lancelot200
Member since 2005 • 61977 Posts
There have been plenty of cases of board invasions on Gamespot. A lot of members of -Exodus- got in trouble just for talking about invading the OT Board, and Gamespot does take it seriously.Orlando_Magic
That's a union, right. Time to dig up some info!
Wow. Can we please discuss the topic title, please? Rather than discuss union invasion I believe this thread is to talk about people who you know that got banned or suspended.Cloud_765
This is actually interesting though. Technically, it's just the background story of how a bunch of people got suspended/banned.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 Cloud_765
True lance, but if it gets to much into the union fighting and not into the users being banned/suspended we would be getting OT. But as long as it can relate to users being banned or suspended I suppose it counts.
dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#258 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

I know a few friends that have been banned yeah, my closest one was toadster101 but Im not going to say that he didnt deserve it he was kinda a pervert :P

also ftr guys Serbsta and King23 werent plagurizers how did that rumour start? I know both of them over at noobfeed :?

Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 Orlando_Magic
Member since 2002 • 37448 Posts

Whoa, You took images of our deleted posts? lol.

UltraZero

I actually just googled the thread and there's a cached image of it...

And yes, I said its blackspeak because I don't know what its actually called.

And if you look closely, I said blackspeak is awesome.

UltraZero

You were being sarcastic but it doesn't matter whether you said it's awesome or not. It's an offensive term nonetheless...

And no, I'm not exaggerating.

I can also post screenshots if it makes you feel any better.

I had like, 8 Moderations, OA had like 5. Rogan said he had 7.

Glasgow had 1, Mr.Anonymous had 1. Jediknight4242w/e had 1.

BT had 2 as far as I know, without being in a convo with him.

Thats 20. I recall alot more people saying being moderated. I don't remember well.

UltraZero

I think you should really count them up and you'll see that its less than you actually think. But still, 20 is waaaaay less than the 50+ you're saying it was anyways.

I didn't know OTB got suspended, as far as I know, none of our members moderated OTB.

UltraZero

I don't think anyone believes that it wasn't anyone from the JCU, and for all you know it was someone like rogan. I'm not complaining about it either, just letting you in on the situation. We had people serving 9-day, 8-day and 7-day suspensions and at least a dozen people got moderated for some flames reported in an old thread. So if you really are most upset about the moderations, OTB received more than the JCU when the JCU reported all of our posts. All this stuff that happened to the JCU happened to OTB if it makes you feel better. Both unions got moderated.

He's still checking our boards, I assure you that.

Even though we made a deal not to check each other's boards anymore.

Ultrazero

I like how you make a big deal out of me looking at your board but you clearly have to be reading OTB as well to know that two of our members recently got banned. How else would you know that? I think we're both guilty of it.

However, the JCU has been ranting on and on about the whole situation on their board while OTB hasn't said anything and is trying to let it die. I'm just opening random threads in the JCU right now and you have posts every single day talking about OTB. If you're really trying to end all of this I think it would be best for EVERYONE to stop talking about it and just carry on.

I wasn't even spreading this drama, I wasnt going around in union boards justifying my unions actions, "let them think what they want to." I just came in this thread because someone linked me to it and I just felt like dropping a reply.

UltraZero

Understandable. But I think it would just be best if everyone stopped talking about and just let it die... unless you like dragging this thing on.

Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 Orlando_Magic

[QUOTE="Orlando_Magic"]There have been plenty of cases of board invasions on Gamespot. A lot of members of -Exodus- got in trouble just for talking about invading the OT Board, and Gamespot does take it seriously.lancelot200

It's actually a private UCB. -Exodus- was the first major UCB on Gamespot many years ago, and it used to have the most posts of any UCB as well. The name came from a group of vets who left OT to form a new private board since people were getting fed up with OT at the time. All the big posters from OT were invited to post there. It's pretty much the father of any OT boards/unions on Gamespot. It's public now and 99% of the posts have been purged so there's nothing really left of it though...

Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 Orlando_Magic

Cloud_765

Sorry

I am just trying to mediate the situation between our boards, not fight.

I want us to just stop talking about all this to let it die. I want us to stop talking about each other on our union boards. I want to end all this drama.

Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 Orlando_Magic

How come every time I say I'd like for everyone to stop talking about it here, on our union boards, or anywhere else on Gamespot in order to squash this drama between our unions you ignore it and don't reply to that part. Do you not agree with that statement? I really would like to end all of this and it needs both of our sides to come to some kind of agreement. If you guys are mad, OTB got modded as well and as far as I can see it both unions received about the same amount of punishment. We need to get over it and stop talking about each other. What do you say UZ?

btw I've seen people with 14-day suspensions, if I recall correctly, but don't quote me on it.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#264 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127492 Posts

[QUOTE="lancelot200"][QUOTE="Orlando_Magic"]There have been plenty of cases of board invasions on Gamespot. A lot of members of -Exodus- got in trouble just for talking about invading the OT Board, and Gamespot does take it seriously.Orlando_Magic

It's actually a private UCB. -Exodus- was the first major UCB on Gamespot many years ago, and it used to have the most posts of any UCB as well. The name came from a group of vets who left OT to form a new private board since people were getting fed up with OT at the time. All the big posters from OT were invited to post there. It's pretty much the father of any OT boards/unions on Gamespot. It's public now and 99% of the posts have been purged so there's nothing really left of it though...

If I make a UCB sometime I know what my goal will be.
Dan_Lero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#265 Dan_Lero
Member since 2006 • 7487 Posts

I dunno who locked this, but it was a good decision.

But seriously, stop this arguing. I'm sick of seeing it myself. If you don't want people to talk about it then simply don't bring it up, fuel it or even look at it, cos this needs to stop. It's not going to go anywhere but down a bad road, so please stop, thanks.