RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RationalAtheist
Member since 2007 • 4428 Posts

A chance for you all to jerk over how intellectually and morally superior you all are, or just a chance for a bunch of rich, white, suburban, white, straight, able-bodied kids to feel persecuted? Lol at either of the two... you're fighting for nothing worthwhile.

Drasonak

Your post here implies some sort of moral superiority from yourself, as if you wouldn't otherwise lower yourself to participate in such a venture. Wealth, ethnicity, sexuality and physical ability have little to do with atheism - it is a global philosophy that cuts through all those boundaries. I'm not sure that anyone is fighting for anything here: - Bear in mind it is a discussion forum, then read some of the previous threads here to get an idea of the intents from various posters here.

I came here mostly because Zeviander was making misogynistic statements earlier, yet has the audacity to go on his crusade against religion. Do you think abolishing religion will suddenly improve things? Do you not understand how complex the situation really is? Yes, it does some bad, but also some good. The thing is, there's more pressing matters to attend to if you really care about this world getting on the right track as much as you all claim.

Drasonak

I wonder why you think this union (as an entity) wants to abolish religion. Misogynism and feminism are not especially complicit in the development of atheist ideas. Association with this union does not infer exclusivity to only focus on atheism, or promote any suggestion that atheism is any more important than anything else. You'll note that you don't have to be a member to post here. My personal view is that focus on religion is a particularly important consideration in modern society, as recent events keep revealing. If there are more pressing matters to attend to, then why don't you attend to them? I'd suggest that "getting the world on the right track" isn't a shared goal here. If it is your goal then it says much about your own sense of self-importance. Is your statement of complexity that "there is some bad, but also some good" with religion? Wouldn't you think you're over-simplifying things?

You all bash religion under the guise of it being for humanitarian purposes, as if you think state control or what-have-you is entirely dependent on it. Yeah right. Do you all really believe it's that simple? And do you really expect me to think you care as much of a **** about people when you're all so anti-feminist (because you only know strawman feminist arguments)?

Drasonak

All of us? I don't expect anything from you. Do you think your gross generalizations do you any justice? If you knew the meaning of "strawman" type arguments, then you'd realise that you are making one yourself in your unjustified, fallacious attack on "all of us" participating in this union.

I think you all need to get over yourselves. You are not particularly enlightened individuals for pointing out the inconsistencies in a 2000 year old text written by a couple of average guys. I'm an atheist, too; I just don't base my character around it like it's something to be proud of. Stop defining yourselves this way and actually do something important for once in your lives... You know, something that matters?

Drasonak

Perhaps you should be getting over yourself. You're not particularly enlightened for pointing out inconsistencies in our union. I too don't think that atheism is anything to be proud of. I think it is important to discuss differing views and have information that is easily accessible to people wishing to find out more on atheism though. As long as religious unions exist here, then the Atheism Union should also facilitate expression of alternative ideas. How do you know how the people in this union define themselves - and how do you define yourself? What do you do that you consider important? What do you do that matters?

Tl;dr: You're either pseudo-intellectuals or have a persecution complex. Either way, you should probably get over this idea that you'll all be accomplishing something by wiping out religion. I'm an active humanitarian and feminist; I know the self-centered elitists who do it for their own ego rather than the good of the world.

Drasonak

Tl;dr You seem to be misguidedly aiming an attack against one individual to the whole union. It seems that they upset you for some reason and you think venting against others here will somehow salve your own sense of superiority in transference. Perhaps you don't understand the purpose of discussion forums, or perhaps you don't understand that members of a union can disagree on things either. Maybe you don't understand the natures of atheism. For example, I don't think we need to wipe out religion, but get an understanding of our different ideas on faith through discussion. I wonder what sort of humanitarian would disagree with that.

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Drasonak
Member since 2012 • 1515 Posts

A chance for you all to jerk over how intellectually and morally superior you all are, or just a chance for a bunch of rich, white, suburban, white, straight, able-bodied kids to feel persecuted? Lol at either of the two... you're fighting for nothing worthwhile.

I came here mostly because Zeviander was making misogynistic statements earlier, yet has the audacity to go on his crusade against religion. Do you think abolishing religion will suddenly improve things? Do you not understand how complex the situation really is? Yes, it does some bad, but also some good. The thing is, there's more pressing matters to attend to if you really care about this world getting on the right track as much as you all claim.

You all bash religion under the guise of it being for humanitarian purposes, as if you think state control or what-have-you is entirely dependent on it. Yeah right. Do you all really believe it's that simple? And do you really expect me to think you care as much of a **** about people when you're all so anti-feminist (because you only know strawman feminist arguments)?

I think you all need to get over yourselves. You are not particularly enlightened individuals for pointing out the inconsistencies in a 2000 year old text written by a couple of average guys. I'm an atheist, too; I just don't base my character around it like it's something to be proud of. Stop defining yourselves this way and actually do something important for once in your lives... You know, something that matters?

Tl;dr: You're either pseudo-intellectuals or have a persecution complex. Either way, you should probably get over this idea that you'll all be accomplishing something by wiping out religion. I'm an active humanitarian and feminist; I know the self-centered elitists who do it for their own ego rather than the good of the world.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
lol Drasonak thread. And lol me a misogynist. You're such a try-hard D.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts
dont feed the troll
junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts
0/10
JimmyJumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 JimmyJumpy
Member since 2008 • 2554 Posts

A chance for you all to jerk over how intellectually and morally superior you all are, or just a chance for a bunch of rich, white, suburban, white, straight, able-bodied kids to feel persecuted? Lol at either of the two... you're fighting for nothing worthwhile.Drasonak

There's a third possibility: a place to get away from fools who are so blind in their beliefs that they have a misplaced sense of moral righteousness they feel they must ram down every unsuspecting bystander's throat.

I came here mostly because Zeviander was making misogynistic statements earlier, yet has the audacity to go on his crusade against religion. Do you think abolishing religion will suddenly improve things? Do you not understand how complex the situation really is? Yes, it does some bad, but also some good. The thing is, there's more pressing matters to attend to if you really care about this world getting on the right track as much as you all claim.Drasonak

You don't seem to understand that the complexity of the situation has come to be mostly thanks to manipulation by politically inspired religious leaders.  Organized religion as we know it came into existence thanks to a politician (Roman Emperor Constantine) who saw bread in having one religion for his crumbling Empire.  That's what started the Roman Catholic Church.

You all bash religion under the guise of it being for humanitarian purposes, as if you think state control or what-have-you is entirely dependent on it. Yeah right. Do you all really believe it's that simple? And do you really expect me to think you care as much of a **** about people when you're all so anti-feminist (because you only know strawman feminist arguments)?Drasonak

I personally bash organized religion because it is thus far the greatest evil Humanity has encountered.  One of the purposes of religion is the de-humanization of people.  It's not for nothing they always speak in terms of "sheep" and "flock".  Calling atheists anti-feministis a bit of a stretch, in light of the trouble religion went through to abolish women from their entire history, thanks to the jealousy of Petrus for the affection Jesus Of Nazareth had for one Maria Magdalena whom Jesus was preparing to become his successor.

I think you all need to get over yourselves. You are not particularly enlightened individuals for pointing out the inconsistencies in a 2000 year old text written by a couple of average guys. I'm an atheist, too; I just don't base my character around it like it's something to be proud of. Stop defining yourselves this way and actually do something important for once in your lives... You know, something that matters?Drasonak

The sad fact is that the "inconsistencies" you talk about are exactly what religion tends to wipe under the carpet.  And those texts weren't *written* by "a couple of average guys" but *translated* from Hebrew to Latin and then to English by monks and priests.

Abd why should we stop defining ourselves as atheists when you define yourself in the same way?  Do you have the unique right to call yourself an atheist?

You don't base your character around atheism, just like you don't base your character around mathematics.  In fact, you don't base your character around anything since your character is formed by your experiences.  And am I proud to be an atheist?  Nope.  It's just the way I turned out to be:  empty of all religious feelings thanks to the history of a church which has been written in blood; murder, rape and pillaging, false promises, revisionism and knowingly lying and which despite all those proven facts is welcomed everywhere with the highest egards...

Drasonak
Ask the tens of thousands who have been burned at the stake as heathens about persecution complexes.  I don't want to wipe out religion.  I want to wipe out those who misuse religion for their own agenda.  About inflated egos, I fear you'll have to build an extension to your house to fit yours in.

And you don't have a clue what feminism or humanitarianism mean...

Avatar image for RationalAtheist
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RationalAtheist
Member since 2007 • 4428 Posts

What, like this is Reddit? Have you even read anything posted here?

Android339

I feel like I'm missing out on something - as I don't use Reddit.Â