List of Atheist Links, Books and Videos.

• 75 results
TenP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 TenP
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts

Edit: Wooo Sticky! :D

Hey all, here's a list of some Atheists we can find on Youtube that have some pretty good talking points, some pretty bad ones and some pretty crazy ones.

If you ever find yourself in a debate with a theist some of these can be pretty helpful, but most of them are probably for reassurance.

First I'm going to link a video simply called Atheist. It's not a blog, vlog, cog, smog or fog but it's just a video "in defense of atheists" says the video creator.

Second I'm going to link a video called Atheist Statistics 2008. It's pretty easy to figure out what that means...

Third, I'm going to link a video called Pale Blue Dot. From one ofCarl Sagan's books. Sagan is often credited as being the "King" of modern Atheism (Not Neo-Atheism, mind you). If you get emotional easily I suggest you to get some tissues ready to watch this video. Rest in peace Dr. Sagan, rest in peace.

I plan on updating the list when I find new users.

List

(links lead to youtube channels)

TheAmazingAtheist - I personally like TAA, although he'd be considered a very militant Atheist, mainly because I think he's pretty funny. He does have some interesting points to say, though. "eh hates everything and doesn't afraid of anything." Conservatives, check out in your own disgression.

Pat Condell - A British comedian that has his own Wikipedia page! Often known for being one of the few Atheists that targets every religion instead of just Christianity, but he does live in England so the percentages of Muslims, Jews and Hindus are quite a bit higher making them easier targets. I like him as well, he's got a sarcastic undertone that I've grown to know and love.

Edward Current - A Satirical youtuber posing as a Fundamentalist Christian Conservative, pretty funny a lot of the time yet pretty boring at others. His older videos are quite a bit better than his newer ones because in his newer ones he keeps talking about politics. As with TAA, conservatives enter at your own disgression.

Thunderf00t - Gaining Youtube fame thanks to his "Why do people laugh at creationists?" series, Thunderf00t is known as one of the major Atheist bloggers on the innernets. He doesn't strive to be funny, but when he drops his hammer it often makes his watchers laugh (at his opponent). He's an English vlogger, but he sometimes gets into American Politics. He tries to be fair to both sides but it's pretty obvious on which side he personally supports.

PaulsEgo - Known for his "LOLgical" videos, it's obvious that PaulsEgo goes for a Comedic Effect and he does it pretty well. He's pretty popular but he's been very inactive... until yesterday. He just put one up saying where he's been and whatnot.

Tooltime9901 - One of the lesser known Youtube Atheists, but I'd put him up at the top in terms of intelligence and rationality (Cut short by Pat Condell). He talks about more than just Religion and Atheism, often talking about Politics. But he doesn't seem to be very partisanly (is that even a word?) to me.

Mickipedia - Mickipedia isn't really that known to be an Atheist vlogger, just a vlogger that happens to be an Atheist. However, her "atheistic" videos aren't about proving her point to others, just about her experiences as an Atheist and what it means to her and the people around her.

Theo Warner - Theo is a very worded man. He speaks with sincere eloquence and thought, often quite touching. But if you're not into looking at words on a screen or just listening to him speak then you're going to find his videos boring.

CapnOAwesome - or Captain Awesome. I'm not a huge fan of Cap'n Awesome, but he is pretty popular. Along with TAA and Thunderf00t he's one of the three most prominent Atheist vloggers on Youtube. He's never really that insightful so if you're looking for talking points don't bother with him.

FightingAtheist - FightingAtheist may put many people, like myself, off due to his name. Personally, I'm not into attacks and jabs at the religious but FightingAtheist name is merely a muse! That's right people, a muse! While he does take some shots, most of his videos are pretty clean using facts and other talking points to get his views across.

RationalResponse - You'll like it if you're into blind religious-bashing!

PiroNiro and FFreeThinker - I put these two in the same section because they're very similar. They themselves don't vlog, but the reroute videos made by The Atheist Experience, of the Atheist Community of Austin [Texas], onto Youtube. They deal with more issues than just marriage though. For instance they talk about politics and other controversial issues like Abortion and Gay Marriage.

That's all I got now.

TenP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TenP

EDIT by domatron23: Hey TenP I hope you don't mind me using this post of yours. We've got a few more stickies now so I figure that I'll merge Felix_Lynch's "useful websites" topic with this so that the front page doesn't get cluttered.

These are some useful links to websites regarding or about atheism. Here they are:

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/mathew/intro.html

A complete introduction to atheism with many common questions answered.

http://www.atheistalliance.org/

This is a link to Atheist Alliance International.

http://www.update.uu.se/~fbendz/atheism/ath_qots.htm

A list of quotes about Atheism.

www.skeptoid.com

And finally a link to a weekly science podcast site.

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts
Captnordinary is the only one I can think of that you've left out although he comes of as very condescending.
creepy_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 creepy_mike
Member since 2007 • 1092 Posts

I kinda like TAA and Edward Current, but the only other one I've heard of is the Rational Response Squad, who I find far too obnoxious and condescending to be credible. Calling creationists "****ing morons" to their faces is counter-productive to the extreme and only provides them with more ammunition. Sounds like most on the list are in the same vein.

I've found myself kind of veering away from the whole "pop-atheist" movement anyway. All this inflammatory quasi-punditry does little more than "preach" to the choir, and has mostly only backfired where theistic zealotry is concerned. To often in our quest to marginalize and disempower religion, we seem to intuitively model ourselves after our opponents. Thing is, we actually have the logical and scientific upper hand; we don't need to go into every debate foaming at the mouth.

What I think we need now are more Carl Sagans, people who are well-respected, educated, reasonably aged, and most importantly, as civil as they are steadfast in their position. I'll now proceed to search for such thinkers and report back to this thread if and when I find them.

EDIT: Here's a pretty good one, Jeff Hebert who runs the Atheist FAQ. This is the kind of thing I'm looking for, someone who directly addresses theists in a reasonable and sincere manner while keeping pejorative or sarcastic jabs to a minimum.

I'll continue to edit this post when I find more.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts
I don't care for TAA. He curses too much to make out a complete sentence. I don't like EdwartCurrent's satire. I don't like what I've seen of RationalResponse. Out of those that were listed, I like CapnOrdinary.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts
The amazing atheist, I managed to like his vids for while, then he got boring. and Rational response, I hate them so much.
-Keel-_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -Keel-_basic
Member since 2002 • 4137 Posts
Pharyngula, of course!
NaiKoN9293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NaiKoN9293
Member since 2004 • 4102 Posts
TAA is the best one.
Avatar image for MetalGear_Ninty
MetalGear_Ninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MetalGear_Ninty
Member since 2008 • 6337 Posts
TAA is very entertaining -- he is full of **** half the time though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5a79221380856
Here is an interesting user. Her channel name is Atheistblindchick. She's actually blind which I think is really cool that she can participate in YouTube videos. This is a video of hers poking humor at her disability.
TenP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TenP

Thanks for the sticky, and a little update!

I'll put your additions on the list shortly.

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
I've known about Pat Condel for around a year. I love the guy's work :D
Sitri_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sitri_
Member since 2008 • 731 Posts

ACK!  They are on to us.

War is here

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

Pharyngula, of course! -Keel-_basic

That man is just as bad as the RRS. He desecrated a Eucharist and made a video of it, calling it a "fun hobby." Here is what a Eucharist means to Catholics:

The Eucharist is "the source and summit of the Christian life." "The other sacraments, and indeed all ecclesiastical ministries and works of the apostolate, are bound up with the Eucharist and are oriented towards it. For in the blessed Eucharist is contained the whole spiritual good of the Church, namely Christ Himself, our Pasch."

Myers also plans to do the same to a Koran (if he hasn't done so already), which means even more to Muslims than the Eucharist means to Catholics.

CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts
Kaiser von Wilhelm (CptJSparrow) - Worldnegativeone.com
TenP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TenP

Kaiser von Wilhelm (CptJSparrow) - Worldnegativeone.comCptJSparrow

Oooh nice, I'll be sure to check it out when I have time!! :D

joshi1s3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 joshi1s3
Member since 2006 • 2550 Posts

Pat condell is amazing.

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 domatron23
NonStampCollector is great.
Frattracide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Frattracide
Member since 2005 • 5395 Posts

You people may also enjoy "Victomlesscriminal" His unabashed defense of free speech, through the use of reason, against increasingly violent European religious movements is to be commended. The vigor with which the Western world is abandoning this basic tenement of its existence is disturbing. Anyways here is a link to one of his videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HVbGEVzXG4 

7guns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 7guns
Member since 2006 • 1449 Posts

This page is informative.

Reddit

Sitri_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sitri_
Dawkins Root of all Evil 1 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9002284641446868316&ei=jwebSdy-HJTuqAKDzIXxAw&q=root+of+all+evil&hl=en

Root of all Evil 2 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8210522903232438954&ei=jwebSdy-HJTuqAKDzIXxAw&q=root+of+all+evil&hl=en

Enemies of Reason 1 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7218293233140975017&ei=UgibSfSOD4iGqwL0ysyKCA&q=enimies+of+reason&hl=en

Enemies of Reason 2 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4720837385783230047&ei=UgibSfSOD4iGqwL0ysyKCA&q=enimies+of+reason&hl=en
Sitri_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sitri_

2 hour documentary

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-178629120699935619&ei=3_WdSfv8K6Ss-gGLjYjVDA&q=marjoe&hl=en

This is an excellent film about an evangelist who was indoctrinated as a child and later exposes the scams and shows you the tricks first hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVRsWAjvQSg

This speech is absolutely ****ing amazing.  Ken Miller, scientist and catholic addresses much of the controversy around evolution.  He has such great information about transitional fossils, dna, lack of irreducible complexity, legal battles, exposing creationist agenda and their blatant intentional lies, he explains what we stand to lose by allowing ID in the schools, and he kicks Behe's teeth in (again).  I can't say enough good things about this video.  I don't think anyone that watches this could "honestly" argue for creationism after.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#24 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

This speech is absolutely ****ing amazing.  Ken Miller, scientist and catholic addresses much of the controversy around evolution.  He has such great information about transitional fossils, dna, lack of irreducible complexity, legal battles, exposing creationist agenda and their blatant intentional lies, he explains what we stand to lose by allowing ID in the schools, and he kicks Behe's teeth in (again).  I can't say enough good things about this video.  I don't think anyone that watches this could "honestly" argue for creationism after.

Sitri_

Wow.  I just watched 45 minutes straight and have bookmarked it in order to finish it later (I should have been in bed 30 minutes ago :P).  That guy is singlehandedly dropkicking into a furnace every single argument I've ever seen in favor of intelligent design.  I need to take notes to look this stuff up on my own later to confirm what he's saying.

Sitri_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sitri_

Wow.  I just watched 45 minutes straight and have bookmarked it in order to finish it later (I should have been in bed 30 minutes ago :P).  That guy is singlehandedly dropkicking into a furnace every single argument I've ever seen in favor of intelligent design.  I need to take notes to look this stuff up on my own later to confirm what he's saying.

GabuEx

One of the nice things about practicing professors and scientist, if they are found to be lying or even just blatantly wrong when they have access to other information, they basically lose all credibility and their business suffers.  Creation scientist don't really suffer this same level of purging, they will always find more people who will fund and listen to them just because they are creationists.  But let us know how your research goes.  ;)

7guns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 7guns
Member since 2006 • 1449 Posts

Sitri_

This video finally showed up here!:D 

The references to AIG cartoons were downright hilarious. The video may be little long but it's worth it...

cjdaweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 cjdaweasel
Member since 2004 • 1560 Posts

nice list, but I have a two suggestions:

1) http://wiki.ironchariots.org should probably be on that list.

2) I think RationalResponse was banned from Youtube.

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 domatron23

I present you with: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozmoroid

He's a gentleman, a bit of a loony and one smart mother****er.

Avatar image for bean-with-bacon
bean-with-bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bean-with-bacon
Member since 2008 • 2134 Posts

The "Sensuous Curmudgeon" Blog:

http://sensuouscurmudgeon.wordpress.com/

Direct links relating to evolution

The Inevitability of Evolution (part 1)

The Inevitability of Evolution (part 2) 

The Inevitability of Evolution (part 3)

There are some other interesting articles in there as well. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5a79221380856
I'm currently watching a video of Potholer54debunks. Good stuff. Also domatron23, thanks for suggesting ozmoroid. He's bright.
Maqda7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 Maqda7
Member since 2008 • 3299 Posts
The Athiest video, The Pale Blue Dot and athiestfaq are amazing.
domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 domatron23
I've got to share this merely on the grounds that it is hilarious. Messed-up bible stories tells five different tales from Genesis.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

I've got to share this merely on the grounds that it is hilarious. Messed-up bible stories tells five different tales from Genesis.domatron23
That was very funny. Thanks for posting.

But I was expecting some mention of dinosaurs... :o

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 domatron23

[QUOTE="domatron23"]I've got to share this merely on the grounds that it is hilarious. Messed-up bible stories tells five different tales from Genesis.Teenaged

The entire third episode was pretty much the flintstones.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts
[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="domatron23"]I've got to share this merely on the grounds that it is hilarious. Messed-up bible stories tells five different tales from Genesis.domatron23

The entire third episode was pretty much the flintstones.

I mean at the Arc of Noah.

It didnt explain how dinosaurs became extinct. I was expecting at some point saying that they were to big to fit in the arc or something. :P

But, no, no mention.

Avatar image for bean-with-bacon
bean-with-bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bean-with-bacon
Member since 2008 • 2134 Posts

I've got to share this merely on the grounds that it is hilarious. Messed-up bible stories tells five different tales from Genesis.domatron23

Ha, those were hilarious :lol:

Here's the story of Abraham and Isaac by Mitchell and Webb :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqC73omSk4o

Maqda7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 Maqda7
Member since 2008 • 3299 Posts

The messed up bible stories are awesome! I'm waiting for the Ken Miller on Intelligent Design video to load up. I'm going to watch all of it.

Edit: Got bored after the first 15 minutes. Could be interesting though, it's just that I don't dwell on such things for very long.

Avatar image for RationalAtheist
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 RationalAtheist
Member since 2007 • 4428 Posts

What about this, from John Cleese?

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts

RationalAtheist
That made me double over, laughing hysterically in my chair. Thank you for reminding me of why I love John Cleese. :)
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GabuEx

RationalAtheist

He starts off attacking those who want to find meaning in everything, and then finishes by attacking those who don't want to find meaning in anything; I would say that that is firmly in the boat of "not useful to anyone", which is exactly why I love John Cleese. :P 

RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 RationalAtheist
[QUOTE="RationalAtheist"]

GabuEx

He starts off attacking those who want to find meaning in everything, and then finishes by attacking those who don't want to find meaning in anything; I would say that that is firmly in the boat of "not useful to anyone", which is exactly why I love John Cleese. :P 

I love it, since it is challenging.

I'd disagree on your interpretation, since his final dig is the discovery of a gene that makes you want to "punch people in the head, when they take the scientific process and subject it to their pathological literal-mindedness." I think this is said because science doeas not take an exclusively reductionist view and makes no claims on absolute knowledge.

There is plenty of interesting discsussion about the true meaning of this comedy sketch under the video and on the dawkins.net forum too (apparently they're friends!)

Dr_AlanGrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Dr_AlanGrant
Member since 2009 • 83 Posts

http://commonsenseatheism.com/

I've been following this blog for a couple weeks and have been enjoying lately.  

0Tyler0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 0Tyler0
Member since 2008 • 2602 Posts

Haven't seen this guy mentioned yet, he has very good videos.

Philhellenes 

Check him out

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 domatron23
This thread needs more QualiaSoup.
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 RationalAtheist

Love that Qualiasoup! His 2 preceding videos are well worth watching too.

Also: 

A rather fascinating series has just started on BBC, called the History of Christianity (hosted by the good Professor Diarmaid MacCulloch).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00ntrqh

Its a six part series and part one is available on BBCi player (for 1 month) at the link above, for those able to access it (I think it'll work ok for Brits (and the colonies too?)). It's not necessarily an atheist series, but it doesn't seem partial either. 

jackelhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jackelhunter
Member since 2005 • 598 Posts

This thread needs more QualiaSoup.domatron23

Gah, i was gonna post him here too.  I love his Putting faith in its place vid.

TheraminTrees is great too.

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 domatron23
I found this guy called evid3nc3 and he has an excellent series on his deconversion.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GabuEx

I found this guy called evid3nc3 and he has an excellent series on his deconversion.domatron23

Wow, what a fantastic series of videos.  It's a refreshing breath of fresh air to see someone who seems so genuinely open-minded and respectful, rather than the "open-mindedness" that is typical of the internet that translates to "I'm right and because you disagree you're obviously just closed-minded".

Avatar image for MetalGear_Ninty
MetalGear_Ninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MetalGear_Ninty
Member since 2008 • 6337 Posts

[QUOTE="domatron23"]I found this guy called evid3nc3 and he has an excellent series on his deconversion.GabuEx

Wow, what a fantastic series of videos. It's a refreshing breath of fresh air to see someone who seems so genuinely open-minded and respectful, rather than the "open-mindedness" that is typical of the internet that translates to "I'm right and because you disagree you're obviously just closed-minded".

Pfft, being open-minded is overrated. :P

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GabuEx
[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

[QUOTE="domatron23"]I found this guy called evid3nc3 and he has an excellent series on his deconversion.MetalGear_Ninty

Wow, what a fantastic series of videos. It's a refreshing breath of fresh air to see someone who seems so genuinely open-minded and respectful, rather than the "open-mindedness" that is typical of the internet that translates to "I'm right and because you disagree you're obviously just closed-minded".

Pfft, being open-minded is overrated. :P

Well you're just not open-minded enough... :P