felixlynch777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 felixlynch777
Member since 2008 • 1787 Posts

Ok everybody this is the final vote for the union banner and motto. Take a look at the suggestion thread:

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26593212&union_id=17275

And then decide which one you like. You can't vote for your own idea though if you submitted one. You have to choose one made by somebody else.

Heres my vote:

SimpJee: "Atheism Union: Join us. We're reasonable, logical, and eat children only on leap years."

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts
I vote for SimpJee's one as well but I reckon we can still come up with something a bit better. I'll have a think about it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts
My vote stands as undecided. In my personal opinion, these quotes of atheism are direct attacks against theism. I know that there's hardly anything to atheism besides its opposition to theism, but I wish there were some way in which we could display it in a positive light. Also, some of these are rather fecitious, such as the one that makes it sound as though we're going to hell. I realize that for the majority of us, we lack a belief in hell, but joking about it to me, just doesn't feel right. To some in the mainstream and many of what I consider to be the "pseudo-underground Christianity" faith, it'll make the admission that we're immoral heathrens.
creepy_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 creepy_mike
Member since 2007 • 1092 Posts

I'm with Genetic_Code, in that I think its all fine and dandy to be pejorative and sarcastic when having discussions in one's own circle, but when you're trying to engange in reasonable debate with the opposition, or in our case, attract people to a community where they will inevitably confront such debate, there needs to be a bit more tact involved.

But if we must go the sardonic route, then I'll put in another for Simpjee's quip about eating children. :)

SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SimpJee
Member since 2002 • 18309 Posts

Mike give me a suggestion. I can't come up with anything better than "Reasonable discussion" I was thinking more along the lines of:

Atheism Union: Reasonable, logical discussion of the unreasonable and illogical.

It's long, but that's what I'm trying to say. I still like the children one, seriously if they think we have no morals and take me seriously ... I don't know what to say for them.

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts

Mike give me a suggestion. I can't come up with anything better than "Reasonable discussion" I was thinking more along the lines of:

Atheism Union: Reasonable, logical discussion of the unreasonable and illogical.

It's long, but that's what I'm trying to say. I still like the children one, seriously if they think we have no morals and take me seriously ... I don't know what to say for them.

SimpJee

I like it a lot. It might be a little insulting but dammit it's just too catchy.

My vote has changed to this.

Junkie_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Junkie_man
Member since 2008 • 1219 Posts
[QUOTE="SimpJee"]

domatron23

I like it a lot. It might be a little insulting but dammit it's just too catchy.

My vote has changed to this.

Mine too.

creepy_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 creepy_mike

SimpJee

You know what? Forget what I said earlier. I actually like the eating children one the more I think about it, and I'll proudly display it in my signature. Hell, fundies didn't get where they are today by being polite.

In fact, I think its already won by a majority vote, but to make up for the fuss I made earlier, I respectfully yeild to whatever you decide, SimpJee. :)

SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SimpJee
I really think you guys should probably include whatever you want in your own sig, as it would probably encourage people that don't necessarily like one slogan but see another user with theirs and like that better. Might work out, what do you guys think?
felixlynch777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 felixlynch777
Member since 2008 • 1787 Posts

I really think you guys should probably include whatever you want in your own sig, as it would probably encourage people that don't necessarily like one slogan but see another user with theirs and like that better. Might work out, what do you guys think?SimpJee

That's fine actually, just make sure to preface it with "Atheism Union". SimpJee could you post in the banner as well. Thanks.

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts
I like ElectronicMagic's motto quote.
creepy_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 creepy_mike

I really think you guys should probably include whatever you want in your own sig, as it would probably encourage people that don't necessarily like one slogan but see another user with theirs and like that better. Might work out, what do you guys think?SimpJee

I think that's an excellent idea.

Say hello to my new sig: dead serious on top, inflammatory at the bottom, with all kinds of pretty in between!

luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts

SimpJee: "Atheism Union: Join us. We're reasonable, logical, and eat children only on leap years."

felixlynch777

If I'm honest, I really don't like that. It sounds tacky and like we're trying to hard.

I still like "Reality has no better substitute" or something similar.

SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SimpJee
[QUOTE="felixlynch777"]

luke1889

If I'm honest, I really don't like that. It sounds tacky and like we're trying to hard.

I still like "Reality has no better substitute" or something similar.

Yeah, I stuck with mine that I use now because it's short. But now we need to focus on the Banner lol

KOTORkicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 KOTORkicker
Member since 2007 • 4595 Posts

Do we need to make userbars/Should we make userbars?