samsengir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 samsengir
Member since 2004 • 4066 Posts

hi mate,id love to play old amiga games on my pc but im struggling big time on how i go about it,could u help me out? smokeyfeet

Rather than hijack another thread I thought this one deserved it's own so if anyone out there can help smokeyfeet I'm sure he would be grateful.

lymonAlways

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 lymonAlways
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Go to aiab.amiga.sk ??

Devvy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#3 Devvy01
Member since 2006 • 14018 Posts
http://sourceforge.net/projects/winuae/ http://www.winuae.de/englisch/main.html neither of these sites will have kickstart or OS rom disks, you'll need to look else where for those.. no ROM links are allowed..
Cybro_Camel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Cybro_Camel
Member since 2003 • 106 Posts

Cloanto's Amiga Forever - Plus Edition
http://www.amigaforever.com/plus

Comes with legal Roms, all Workbench versions from 1.0 to 3.x
Preconfigured WinUAE and WinFellow emulation engines with Auto Updates.

Downloadable version for $39.95, bargain!!

Devvy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Devvy01
does the emulator simulate a true a1200? with the advanced AGA graphics support?
Cybro_Camel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Cybro_Camel
Member since 2003 • 106 Posts

does the emulator simulate a true a1200? with the advanced AGA graphics support?Devvy01

Yes it emulates the AGA chipset.
You can even emulate up to 8 MB of Fast RAM in the expansion slot. I always wanted more RAM when I got my 1200, but couldn't afford it back in those days :(

The only limitation is it can not read Amiga floppy disks in a PC drive.
You can find floppy images converted as ADF's on the net and use them on virtual drives. It reads CDs and you can emulate multiple floppy drives to load disk images.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WinUAE

Devvy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Devvy01
I've got my whole amiga collection backup onto DVD, games, picture, demos, so much there, True about the memory, 4Mb, 8MB, was so expensive. Yet yesterday I bought a 4gb SD card off ebay for $11AUD, my how technology has progressed. and soon my company will have 16Gb usB drives for $35... its gone insane, memory is so cheap, its just the hardware around it that doesn't seem to get any cheaper
cdillon84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 cdillon84
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I have a question I'm hoping someone here can help with. I have the Amiga 1200 Emulator, and I trying to figure out how exactly to play games on it. Yes, I probably sound dumb, but I've never tried this before. I grabbed Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, but it says that it is on several disks (which are seperate .adf files) and I don't know what to do. I can get the first disk to load up, but after that, nothing happens. Just takes me to what looks like a DOS screen. Any help is much appreciated.
Devvy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Devvy01
I have a question I'm hoping someone here can help with. I have the Amiga 1200 Emulator, and I trying to figure out how exactly to play games on it. Yes, I probably sound dumb, but I've never tried this before. I grabbed Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, but it says that it is on several disks (which are seperate .adf files) and I don't know what to do. I can get the first disk to load up, but after that, nothing happens. Just takes me to what looks like a DOS screen. Any help is much appreciated.cdillon84
you'll need to manually mount each disk image as required, what emulator are you using?