Devvy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 0

#1 Devvy01
Member since 2006 • 14018 Posts
Hello out there??. Surely there's more than 10 people with amiga stories to tell. Comeon show your support and post something??? When I 1st heard about the amiga's release I couldn't afford the price tag for the A1000 so I spent a great deal of time over at a friends house playing Faery Tale adventure. Then upon the Amiga 500 Entertainment pack here in OZ it was off to Myer to buy one at $699 I think it was. It was my pride and joy, collecting games, writing demos in assembly language, playing pinball dreams to death. Then along came the A1200.. YEAH!!.. Starting with a mere 20mb HDD, quickly upgraded that along with adding a graphic's card that had some extra RAM and good ole workbench 3.1. It then crept into the cupboard where it stayed for awhile until EBay could my eye. It was sad to see the old beast go but I just did have the room for 1100 3.5 discs, 3 monitors, 6 disk drives, an a1200, two a500s. Someone did get a bargain but the memories live on!!!
dannyodwyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#2 dannyodwyer
Member since 2005 • 2179 Posts

I was around 7 when we got the Amiga 600.
It was a joined Chrismass present between myself and my 2 older simblings.
I still remember ripping open the box to the "Wild, Weird & Wicked" pack that morning under the tree.

Never upgraded, just horded copies and retail versions of games. I also remember the day my dad (who took me and my brother out to some lunch down town) said he would buy us Mortal Kombat 2 for a present. This was a big deal, we didnt get presents outside of Christmas and birthdays. To me, the Amiga represents my happy childhood. And if it werent for the Amiga, i probably wouldnt enjoy video games as much as i do now.

It left a solid positive impression on me about the world of games.

macacd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 0

#3 macacd
Member since 2003 • 2675 Posts

I would have been around 9 when i had my amiga for Christmas, it was supposed to help with my education. yes ok! For Christmas i also received Chuck rock and lemmings.

I remember the first time i played lemmings and let a load of the little critters fall to their death my sister who would have been 5 or 6 burst into tears and ran away. Ah happy memories.