Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#1 Irve
Member since 2005 • 1147 Posts

This is more about remakes and Homages to originals than releases on XBLA

What games do other members wish to see remade.

my list is as follows

SWOS(Obviously)Sensi 06 was ok .. but it needs to be expanded to show it's full potential .. hopefully if SWOS on XBLA is a sucess and Fifa Wii does the business then we might get this.

Speedball 2: although there is a great Xbox game called Deathrowthat basically remakes speedball 2 i'd like to see it done just a little better .. in fact i want a sequel to this game as it was almost there, just needed a little refinement.. if you've not checked it out look in your bargin bins now ! if you loved speedball 2 then you won't regret it .. but a word of warning .. always play it in the ****c overhead mode as the 3rd person view isvastlyinferior.

finally do i go controversial or stick with the popular choices ?

Midwinter: an epic powerstruggle to topple an oppressive government. most akin to something like Project IGI or Boiling point .. but far more tactical ... a game a vision far beyond the technology of the day deserves a new lease of life.

well there you go .. my top three .. what do other members want to see ?

Przem0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Przem0
Member since 2004 • 1195 Posts

SWOS - no doubts here. The best football ever. I enjoyed Sensible Soccer 06, and I even would accept a bit buggy gameplay if it had the background of SWOS with all the stats, players, teams, championships, leagues, cups, etc... Plus I'd love to see more detailed kits. I am mental about this. Nevertheless I still play SWOS :)

Frontier- I know, there was FE, but it was buggy and extremely difficult. I believe that this game was finished correctly for the first time when they edited game data.

K240 - Fragile Allegiance never felt right... K-240 is the ultimate asteroid symulation thingie

The Clue - Sting! was a disgrace. If you want great thief simulator/planner, this is a game for you. Sting! was just a cartoony platformer.

Cannon Fodder - Oh boy, CF3is a must. End of story.

God, I love those games!

So God killed everyone, the good guys, the bad guys and even Steve from Long Island, but not me and i know why. With everyone gone I can finally enjoy ************ the way he intended, by myself.

DirkRendar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 DirkRendar
Member since 2003 • 724 Posts

Hmmm, good question...

How about Turrican? It's similar in some respects to Metroid so... There should be an audience for it. Imagine this game in 3D...

Battle Isle. I know they tried it but I think they should try again with a different company. Maybe try cell shading. Give it a different sort of feel that way. Stick with a birds eye view, maybe a little zoom in...

I've always wanted a Zak McKracken sequel... Some fans made one and I tried it but I didn't like it as much as the original... there's supposed to be another group of fans making a different sequel I hope that turns out better. Also it goes without saying that I'd like to see another Monkey Island and it doesn't have to be a sequel.

Irve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Irve

Now that's an interesting idea there .. you know i'd love to go back and play monkey island 1 & 2 .. but i've been spoilt by Day of the tenticle and Sam & Max and other "talkies" ... i don't get drawn in without the voice acting ... if they would remake them with voice acting then i would be sold.

But the adventure game thing is a whole new kettle of fish ... who wouldn't like to see another game like Grim Fandango .. that game was excellent !

dannyodwyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#5 dannyodwyer
Member since 2005 • 2179 Posts

Now that's an interesting idea there .. you know i'd love to go back and play monkey island 1 & 2 .. but i've been spoilt by Day of the tenticle and Sam & Max and other "talkies" ... i don't get drawn in without the voice acting ... if they would remake them with voice acting then i would be sold.

But the adventure game thing is a whole new kettle of fish ... who wouldn't like to see another game like Grim Fandango .. that game was excellent !

Irve

Totally.
Ive allways agreed that these games would totally suit XBLA.

Id love to see:
-Rick Dangerous
-Putty
-Chaos Engine
-Wizz and Lizz

DirkRendar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 DirkRendar
Member since 2003 • 724 Posts

I meant to mention The Chaos Engine as well... they had a version for Nintendo all those years ago under the title Solders of Fortune. There was also a version for the Sega Genesis too.

Snes

samsengir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 samsengir
Member since 2004 • 4066 Posts

Hmm. Remakes. A very grey area as far as I'm concerned. There are some games that I really enjoyed on the Amiga and I don't believe they could really be improved upon. IMO Mega-Lo-Mania and Legends/Worlds of Legends were some such games. I would like to see them released for later machines exactly as they appeared on the old Amiga especially Legends, actually, as I don't believe that game got the fame it deserved what with the Maxwell scandal. It had a very short shelf life indeed. As long as a remake didn't involve any tweaking or rewriting I would love to see them come back.

Now for some games that really deserve a remake to improve and iron out any bugs they had to show what a truly great game they could be. Does anyone remember Epic? This could have been such a great spaceflight shoot-em-up years before Starfighter and Jedi Starfighter. Frontier - Elite II could also work a lot better now with more powerful machines. It could also be a MMOSFS (massively multiplayer online space flight sim). Carrier Command is just begging to be remade. Keep the core of the game the same but with gorgeous new visuals. The same goes for a little known game called Hunter (Activision).

Someone earlier mentioned Battle Isle and I have to agree although I would prefer to see a remake more of Celtic Legends. TBS games done well seem to be a little thin on the ground nowadays and mythological creature versions even less so. Falling under the turn based strategy games banner would have to be Laser Squad as well.

A special mention should go to Deuteros as well.

I could go on about loads of others as well but I'm pretty sure similar games do exist currently somewhere, just not on my platforms or solely in Japan. :(
Sorry for rambling peeps.

PS. To anyone that mentioned Cannon Fodder. I am so looking forward to this one. :)

Devvy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#9 Devvy01
Member since 2006 • 14018 Posts
I played Deuteros for hours on end, a great galaxy empire building game before C&C even had hit the PC. I think they tried to port it to the PC but it lost that warm and gooy feeling playing it on the amiga. I think they tried to do a carrier command port as well but never eventuated. I mainly stick to playing the classics on the amiga emulator these days, go robocod and super frog!!!
macacd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#10 macacd
Member since 2003 • 2675 Posts

Skidmarks would be a great game for XBLA.

Irve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Irve

forget XBLA , skidmarks is a nice simple game that you could do as a web based game ... i loved towing caravans with a mini on super skidmarks on my CD32 !

I doubt you could keep the same sort of Fun living with a proper updated3Dversion of skidmarks.

Przem0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Przem0
Member since 2004 • 1195 Posts

I agree, won't be the same.

That's why I use WinUAE :D