Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
I usually buy one new game a month.  March will be an exception with all the great games.  I plan on getting MPH, Tetris, and Kingdom Hearts 2.  Maybe even Me and My Katamari.  Too bad there seems to be a dry spell for new games during the summer because that's when I have the most time to try out new games.
vansau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 vansau
Member since 2002 • 121 Posts
I seem to buy 2 or 3 used ones a month... the new ones I get sent for free :twisted:
Angelbabe531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Angelbabe531
Member since 2005 • 2189 Posts

I seem to buy 2 or 3 used ones a month... the new ones I get sent for free :twisted: vansau

...I'm intrigued, please explain...

Anyways, I usually buy one new game a month, unless I find bargains, then I buy them.  Some months I buy more than others, but I try to limit myself, I have to keep some kind of budget.  Since it's the end of this gen, I'm finding myself buying used games, but they're relatively cheap since they've been out for years.

....I guess I'm saying I have no real system :lol:

kiwidust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 kiwidust
Member since 2005 • 355 Posts
I usually buy one new game a month.  March will be an exception with all the great games.  I plan on getting MPH, Tetris, and Kingdom Hearts 2.  Maybe even Me and My Katamari.  Too bad there seems to be a dry spell for new games during the summer because that's when I have the most time to try out new games.Travo_basic
For just me it's not more than one or two a month. I tend to not buy new games unless they're big for me (I bought "Shadow of the Colossus" day one and will be buying "Kingdom Hearts 2" as well for example) - I rumage the discount bins. I just bought "Constantine" and "Bloodrayne 2" for $9 each. But we're also buying for the PC, PS2, Gamecube and Gameboy... and, once it gets it's act together, the XBox 360. For the whole family it more - my son (seven years old) has the habit and I now that my wife and I both have Gameboys we've been grabbing those as well. I just bought my wife "Sudoku" and she's been playing that for days on end (I don't see the attraction). I'll probably pick up "Final Fantasy IV Advance" once I see it. I think once the next gen hits (and games go up even higher in price) we'll probably just stop buying new games and do GameFly or Blockbuster. It's $25 a month but that's less than we're spending now.
vansau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 vansau
Member since 2002 • 121 Posts

[QUOTE="vansau"]I seem to buy 2 or 3 used ones a month... the new ones I get sent for free :twisted: Angelbabe531

...I'm intrigued, please explain...

Anyways, I usually buy one new game a month, unless I find bargains, then I buy them. Some months I buy more than others, but I try to limit myself, I have to keep some kind of budget. Since it's the end of this gen, I'm finding myself buying used games, but they're relatively cheap since they've been out for years.

....I guess I'm saying I have no real system :lol:

I'm an editor for a small gaming site.  It's volunteer, so my compensation seems to be in the form of free games.
Hastur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Hastur
Member since 2002 • 1339 Posts
I´ve been mostly playing MUDs and MMO´s, for the past 15 years. So I am always playing catch up, as these types of games are very time consuming. Once or twice a year I take a break to play the games that have been piling up in my game collection. Most of these were bought as bargains.
Writer1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Writer1983
Member since 2006 • 436 Posts
See?! Why can't developers come out with more games during the summer, when kids have summer jobs and both kids and adults have more free time to spare to play them?! That's my one major gripe with the industry right now..they come out with games in the winter/christmastime, when everyone has to buy things for everyone else, rather then in the summer! *end rant* Anyways, I, too, try to budget for that one or two titles a month, lately it's been for my DS..I just got Pokemon Trozei, and waiting impatiently for Tetris DS and MPH..I haven't played Kindom Hearts 1 yet, (just got it) and hated Kindom Hearts Chain of Memories (just sold it) for the gba.
dcgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 dcgames
Member since 2004 • 1745 Posts
I get most of my games from the used bargin bin at Blockbuster. Sometimes I will buy a new game, when it is worthy of the $30 price tag (like Minish Cap) and I don't want to wait. But what's great about Blockbuster is that people will trade in their games so there's always a lot to choose from in the used section. As for how many I buy, maybe one every four months or so. Lately I haven't been able to buy any because money has been tight. I'm still keeping an eye out for a used PS2 because I want to get the Jak series. Now those would change my agenda to "I buy 2 to 3 games a month!" lol
jimmycanuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9 jimmycanuck
Member since 2005 • 1339 Posts
It really depends. I try not to limit myself in any specific fashion, but I play by the general rule of never pass up a great bargain.

Of course, as long as I have a stack of unplayed games waiting for me, it's fairly easy to resist the temptation to buy more. For example - my wife was very good to me this past Xmas and showered me with nearly a dozen games. I've barely made a dint into them, and as such I hadn't made a new game purchase this year until this past week. Of course, now I've been bitten by the shopping bug, and our income tax refund just came in. Lord help me! :S
CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#10 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
Since I've gone back to school full-time, about one a month, used.  I'll break down and buy KH2 and the new Zelda (if it's ever released).
Angelbabe531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Angelbabe531

I get most of my games from the used bargin bin at Blockbuster. Sometimes I will buy a new game, when it is worthy of the $30 price tag (like Minish Cap) and I don't want to wait. But what's great about Blockbuster is that people will trade in their games so there's always a lot to choose from in the used section.
dcgames

You've mentioned used games at Blockbuster, but it never registered.  I thought they were the rented games that were used and are getting resold.  I didn't realize Blockbuster did trade ins.

laserone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 laserone
Member since 2005 • 679 Posts
I usually buy one new game a month. March will be an exception with all the great games. I plan on getting MPH, Tetris, and Kingdom Hearts 2. Maybe even Me and My Katamari. Too bad there seems to be a dry spell for new games during the summer because that's when I have the most time to try out new games.Travo_basic

For me it totally depends on what's available when.  When I first got my DS I was buying tons of games (ds and gba) both used and new.  Once ACWW came out, that slowed down ALOT.  I didn't even buy a game after ACWW (in December) until just a couple weeks ago when I got Burnout Legends DS.  :)
guisepppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 guisepppe
Member since 2005 • 1335 Posts
Approximately one a month. Sometimes more, sometimes less :).
Riff60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 Riff60
Member since 2003 • 1589 Posts
Way to many, its an addiction
Musquito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 Musquito
Member since 2005 • 503 Posts
It depends. I spent between 150 and 300 euro per month.
Atrevida_15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Atrevida_15
Member since 2006 • 55 Posts
About 1 a month. But, today I'm treating myself with 2. I'll probably get GRAW & Black. :)
wynter72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wynter72
Member since 2003 • 40 Posts
It varies, I try to stick with maybe 2-3. But I tend to run into a lot of bargains, so I sometimes double or triple that. It just depends.
metalgeekguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 metalgeekguy
Member since 2006 • 64 Posts
I've had to limit myself to just two new games a month for the past....five years now? yeah, sure, five years. But if I find a really good game that I haven't bought yet at a lower price used, then I'll buy it as well. all in all, I'd say maybe 3-5 a month.
2bizarre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 2bizarre
Member since 2005 • 158 Posts
As I run across good feedback on games, I add them to my wish list. I rarely buy a new game since I'm pretty new to gaming. Amazon and Ebay have been great for finding these games. I probably buy about seven games a year.
poohbear12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#20 poohbear12
Member since 2005 • 447 Posts

When I get a new system, I buy one a week for about a half a year until caught up.

Once the system has settled into the family, it goes back to twice a month that I make the sojourn to the EB games to check out what might have come in used.

It is quite an addiction; if more than two weeks goes by, I start to go through withdrawal, even knowing that there is nothing new that I might want.  Typcially, I'll still go the store and pick up something I probably wouldn't buy otherwise.

bb1924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bb1924
Member since 2006 • 341 Posts
One a month, sometimes two
Rated_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rated_25
Member since 2006 • 1746 Posts
It totally depends on the releases each month...Normally I buy 1 or 2 games a month. When there are great releases I dont hesitate to buy as many as I can.
Yagami-Iori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#23 Yagami-Iori
Member since 2003 • 6327 Posts
Depends on the month... 1-5 on a slow month, 20 or so on a high one (that would require some kind of grouped acquesition of games)
Angelbabe531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Angelbabe531

Depends on the month... 1-5 on a slow month, 20 or so on a high one (that would require some kind of grouped acquesition of games) Yagami-Iori

Lol, slow month.  You're my hero :wink:

bearnewman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#25 bearnewman
Member since 2007 • 2033 Posts
When I am employed and at my typical profession and level of pay that I am used to at least four, one a week and many times more than that if I can find good used games cheap.
Gun_Chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gun_Chimp
Member since 2010 • 820 Posts

According to my girlfriend "Too damn many".  I usually pick up bargains, one or two a month.  My last trip to the UK I went a little, well, ok, I went reeeeeally bonkers and snapped up 6 titles, but I only spent around 70 pounds.  In Spain, it costs that for any game, unless you buy it second hand, then it´s usually scratched!

bearnewman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bearnewman
REmind me, which titles did you pick up in jolly ole England?
Hastur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hastur
Now that I own an iPad, I buy atleast two games a week. I seldom pay more than 3 euros for those. I also pick up bargains from Steam. And for some reason PC titles here are getting cheaper by the month. So I'm tempted to buy more new games. I just pre-ordered RAGE for 29 euros.
bearnewman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bearnewman
Hastur, please share you thoughts on Rage, Gun Chimp and myself are quite interested in this game. I have all intents and purposes to purchase it when I can, but was gonna hang back a bit after release. I was expecting big things from Hunted, The Demons Forge, but was a bit let down when it was so linear designed. I am expecting Rage to be the surprise game of 2011 so your output on it's gameplay, graphics, engine, etc will be a big factor in my layout of 60 USD... Thanks...
Gun_Chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gun_Chimp
Member since 2010 • 820 Posts

I pre-ordered Rage too!  Couldn´t resist something new from Id - these guys basically created the FPS!!  As for games from the UK, I picked up Tomb Raider Legends; Crysis 2; Mafia 2 (GOTY edition); Bioshock 2 (still haven´t finished 1); Brink (not opened) and RDR: Undead Nightmare.  Not bad for around 70 GBP - most new (apart from Crysis 2, which was a gift from my brother in law, and Bioshock & Tomb Raider, which were second hand!

bearnewman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bearnewman
Picked up Rage today. GC, I have Tomb Raider legends for Xer and have NEVER plugged it in the console. Is there a Co-Op or MP facet of the game? And like you, I have many that haven't been out of the case.... I am a true game hoarder, have to have it, but once I get it, it is a dust collector...!
Hastur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Hastur
Probably around a third of the games I own have never seen the light of day. But I also see it as a way to support my favorite developers. And the hype beforehand is often more satisfactory for me than the actual game.
bearnewman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bearnewman

[QUOTE="Hasturthe hype beforehand is often more satisfactory for me than the actual game."

Isn't that the case so often. I have to agree!

bearnewman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bearnewman
Is it just me, or has the "quote" feature been acting totally HAYWIRE here lately. Been having alot of probs with it.
Hastur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Hastur

Is it just me, or has the "quote" feature been acting totally HAYWIRE here lately. Been having alot of probs with it.bearnewman

I have no problem with quotes. When you quoted me you forgot a "]

Kazekage20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 Kazekage20
Member since 2010 • 56 Posts
No one's probably going to read this, but I buy about 3 games a month either on PC or xbox
JCSBEARMEAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 JCSBEARMEAT
Member since 2007 • 1027 Posts
No one's probably going to read this, but I buy about 3 games a month either on PC or xboxKazekage20
And that's where you're wrong. Do you go for cheaper titles or new releases?
Hastur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Hastur
On average I also buy about 3 games a month, but that includes those from the bargain bin and IOS apps. Each year I seldom buy more than five for full retail price.