Zu-Oh OPM states MGS4 as one of the 10 greatest games of all time

This topic is locked from further discussion.

numba1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 numba1234
Member since 2007 • 3561 Posts

http://mgsforums.com/ar/t24852.htm

ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 ONLYDOD
Member since 2006 • 6026 Posts

Even though im a big supporter of the MGS series, this isn't much of a surprise to hear from one of the biggest Playstation magazines, im sure it will be a great game but it's just like OXM giving Gears 2 a place in the 10 greatest games of all time, it's just bound to happen through the fact that it's probably in their best intrest to create more hype for a game they're advertising.

niall077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 niall077
Member since 2006 • 1729 Posts

if it is the "best MGS game ever" that most reviews and previews say it is them I can see it being up there.

but then again if you dont like MGS (aka: a 360 owner) the reviews wont change your mind .

MGS1 is regarded by many to be one of the most important and best games ever so if Kojima can do that again then good.

but Ill have to wait and see.

oh and ps: in before the fanboys say it wont be great because of teh textures

Blood_Bampyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Blood_Bampyre
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts

if it is the "best MGS game ever" that most reviews and previews say it is them I can see it being up there.

but then again if you dont like MGS (aka: a 360 owner) the reviews wont change your mind .

MGS1 is regarded by many to be one of the most important and best games ever so if Kojima can do that again then good.

niall077

some people dont like MGS not only 360 owners, some people just dont like stealth games that includes metal gear ands splinter cell

numba1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 numba1234

Even though im a big supporter of the MGS series, this isn't much of a surprise to hear from one of the biggest Playstation magazines, im sure it will be a great game but it's just like OXM giving Gears 2 a place in the 10 greatest games of all time, it's just bound to happen through the fact that it's probably in their best intrest to create more hype for a game they're advertising.

ONLYDOD
Eh, the game they mentioned with it being right next to as most memerorable experiences is doom..
Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts
I'm glad we got more info on this game than GTA 4. I don't think i will be blinded again. THis time I know what i'm in for. I should not be dissappointed agin.
karram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 karram
Member since 2006 • 1682 Posts
What do you expect ? Its the OPM.
niall077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 niall077
Member since 2006 • 1729 Posts
[QUOTE="niall077"]

Blood_Bampyre

some people dont like MGS not only 360 owners, some people just dont like stealth games that includes metal gear ands splinter cell

agree, stealth games are really a you like them or you dont thing IMO

but I HAD to make the 360 joke.

numba1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 numba1234
What do you expect ? Its the OPM.ma7moud93
OPM needs to state stuff like this? OPM isn't owned by sony, their is no affliation besides that they only review playstation games. CVG owns OPM, so basically you are saying CVG is biased. I never understood this, in most cases sites that review all the games aer bias..
numba1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 numba1234

ONLYDOD
Nah, most of the 10's OXM, or any xbox magazine gave high scores, they just stated it was a great game. No one was mentioning halo 3 as the "greatest fps ever made", or "a masterpeice of gaming", or "top 10 games of all time". Not even GTA4. This game is goign to have a 101 % rating, seeing how most if not all of the sequels of franchise games have been incredibly overrated this generation.
joker730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 joker730
Member since 2007 • 1561 Posts

http://mgsforums.com/ar/t24852.htm

vicmackey39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 vicmackey39
Member since 2008 • 2416 Posts
next thing you know OXM will say that halo is great!!!
tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 tman93
Member since 2006 • 7769 Posts

If it does end up being the best MGS... I see no reason why it won't be considered on of the top ten games ever.

yellowandmushy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 yellowandmushy
Member since 2006 • 2095 Posts
[QUOTE="ONLYDOD"]

numba1234
Nah, most of the 10's OXM, or any xbox magazine gave high scores, they just stated it was a great game. No one was mentioning halo 3 as the "greatest fps ever made", or "a masterpeice of gaming", or "top 10 games of all time". Not even GTA4. This game is goign to have a 101 % rating, seeing how most if not all of the sequels of franchise games have been incredibly overrated this generation.

I still can't believe OXM gave Fight Night Round 3 a 10.
numba1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 numba1234
[QUOTE="numba1234"][QUOTE="ONLYDOD"]

yellowandmushy

I still can't believe OXM gave Fight Night Round 3 a 10.

Deserves it. FNR3 was alot better to me than most games, including Halo 3, and R&C TOD. Those are really overrated games..
Blood_Bampyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Blood_Bampyre
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts
[QUOTE="Blood_Bampyre"][QUOTE="niall077"]

niall077

agree, stealth games are really a you like them or you dont thing IMO

but I HAD to make the 360 joke.

understood the joke worked perfect, but MGS4 is basically a love it or hate it game, june 12th isnt coming fast enough

cabjnico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cabjnico
Member since 2003 • 748 Posts

playstation magazine.

i love teh series

but it's a playstation magazine.

the game has all the fantasy factors that the common "hardcore" gamer likes... mechs, an "I'm teh coolest" character, its politics and conspirations (which i find pretty funny)

therealmcc0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 therealmcc0y
Member since 2007 • 2115 Posts
This game is going to be one of the best games ever created
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

An opinion? :o

I believe Yoshi's Island to still be the best Platformer of all time, and IMO the best game of all time (top five indeed.)

I'm sure many may disagree. :|

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Yeah, still not too interested. :| I hope it'll make me a fan, but none of the other MGS games were that great, imo.
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
OPM? I can't take that seriously.
SHuN_G0Ku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 SHuN_G0Ku
Member since 2008 • 480 Posts

[QUOTE="ma7moud93"]What do you expect ? Its the OPM.numba1234
OPM needs to state stuff like this? OPM isn't owned by sony, their is no affliation besides that they only review playstation games. CVG owns OPM, so basically you are saying CVG is biased. I never understood this, in most cases sites that review all the games aer bias..

isn't the EIC of OPM used to be OXM's EIC..?

clintos59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 clintos59
Member since 2008 • 1320 Posts
I mean its a no brainer for any gamer who loves the mgs series already knows this. I mean the series has brang one of the best story telling series to the gaming industry, that is something special. And snake will never be forgotten and will be remembered as one of the baddest icon heros in the gaming industry as gaming moves forward. I will personally miss snake as a big fan of the series, but I think snake will live on through kojima as kojima works on other titles, fans will buy those games and enjoy his work and will always remember snake through one of kojimas most memorable series which has brang us one of the greatest story driven games if not the best in gaming history. I am just honored to be one of the fans who were able to play and love the series and knew deep inside that the story in the series was almost unmatchable and is why it is one of the greatest series of all time. I am very honored, thank u kojima for bringing us such a masterpiece. :)
Vis-a-Vis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Vis-a-Vis
Member since 2006 • 1977 Posts
The reviewer says MGS4 is in his list of top ten games ever made, it's the reviewers opinion, not OPM as a whole, try reading it next time.
SHuN_G0Ku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 SHuN_G0Ku
Member since 2008 • 480 Posts

I mean its a no brainer for any gamer who loves the mgs series already knows this. I mean the series has brought one of the best story telling series to the gaming industry, that is something special. And snake will never be forgotten and will be remembered as one of the baddest icon heros in the gaming industry as gaming moves forward. I will personally miss snake as a big fan of the series, but I think snake will live on through kojima as kojima works on other titles, fans will buy those games and enjoy his work and will always remember snake through one of kojimas most memorable series which has brang us one of the greatest story driven games if not the best in gaming history. I am just honored to be one of the fans who were able to play and love the series and knew deep inside that the story in the series was almost unmatchable and is why it is one of the greatest series of all time. I am very honored, thank u kojima for bringing us such a masterpiece. :)clintos59

fixed :D

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
Yeah, still not too interested. :| I hope it'll make me a fan, but none of the other MGS games were that great, imo. BioShockOwnz
yet darksector and Army of Two were amazing in ur opinion...a must buy if i remember correctly
clintos59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 clintos59
Member since 2008 • 1320 Posts

[QUOTE="clintos59"]I mean its a no brainer for any gamer who loves the mgs series already knows this. I mean the series has brought one of the best story telling series to the gaming industry, that is something special. And snake will never be forgotten and will be remembered as one of the baddest icon heros in the gaming industry as gaming moves forward. I will personally miss snake as a big fan of the series, but I think snake will live on through kojima as kojima works on other titles, fans will buy those games and enjoy his work and will always remember snake through one of kojimas most memorable series which has brang us one of the greatest story driven games if not the best in gaming history. I am just honored to be one of the fans who were able to play and love the series and knew deep inside that the story in the series was almost unmatchable and is why it is one of the greatest series of all time. I am very honored, thank u kojima for bringing us such a masterpiece. :)SHuN_G0Ku

fixed :D

lol thanx for the correction. :)

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
thats great
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

next thing you know OXM will say that halo is great!!!vicmackey39

No actually. OXM UK, the sister magazine of OPM UK, gave Halo 3 a 9/10.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts
It's going to be a hell of a ride come june 12th =)
Prid3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 Prid3r
Member since 2004 • 8643 Posts
I also remember OPM saying Killzone to become to new standard for FPS !
civic_misfit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 civic_misfit
Member since 2006 • 548 Posts
PSM gave Haze a 9
shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts
a ps3 magazine saying mgs4 is a great game? shocker :shock:!
Gamersince81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gamersince81
Member since 2007 • 1787 Posts

Yeah, still not too interested. :| I hope it'll make me a fan, but none of the other MGS games were that great, imo. BioShockOwnz

You shouldn't "hope" any game converts you after playing the past titles. If you did not like MGS before the fourth. I would just save your money. Most people don't understand MGS story or hate stealth action and they shy away from it. I think the story is one of the greatest in games personally.

psfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 psfan
Member since 2006 • 460 Posts
hell yea
omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts

niall077
what makes you think 360 owners dont like mgs?