ZOMG!!! XBOX 360 on Watchdog!!

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for -GeordiLaForge-
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 -GeordiLaForge-
Member since 2006 • 7167 Posts
[QUOTE="OpticalCanine"]i dont care what the british brodcast chanel has to say about anything.and the fact that i really do have a launch 360 thats never even frozen, makes me care even less about what they have to say.Ninja-Vox
It's not the BBC. It's real people who phone in and complain. If they get a certain number of complaints, they investigate the problem. I cant wait to see your view u-turn when your 360 breaks; because it's only a matter of time.

A 6% failure rate is not bad for a console. The PS2's failure was MUCH higher. In fact, 100% of PS2's were defective when it launched in Japan. That's MUCH worse... Besides, Sony has been caught time and time again funding fake PR stunts like this. I wouldn't be surprised if it's happening all over again...
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 -GeordiLaForge-
My friend got a 360 for Christmas and he told me last week his froze up on him with the 3 red lights.Xeonz
The three red lights means that his AV cable came unplugged!! :lol: *EDIT* Whoops, my mistake. I don't mind admitting when I'm wrong, and I admit it.. I was wrong...
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts

[QUOTE="Xeonz"]My friend got a 360 for Christmas and he told me last week his froze up on him with the 3 red lights.-GeordiLaForge-
The three red lights means that his AV cable came unplugged!! :lol:

3 red lights also means a hardware failure you know. 

-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 -GeordiLaForge-

[QUOTE="-GeordiLaForge-"][QUOTE="Xeonz"]My friend got a 360 for Christmas and he told me last week his froze up on him with the 3 red lights.ColoradoKindBud

The three red lights means that his AV cable came unplugged!! :lol:

3 red lights also means a hardware failure you know.

I just researched, and you're correct. 3 red lights means a hardware failure. 4 means that the AV cable is unplugged. My mistake :P
DarkT33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 DarkT33
Member since 2007 • 198 Posts

Thank you for posting this. You explained it in the perfect way. Blind fanboys can't deny it anymore. I've had my 360 for 4 months and everyday i have had at least one disc error message, nowadays i get it about 3 times. My 360 crashes a lot as well, i'd say once every 3 days. This is the worst built console ever. Why don't those money grubbing theives manufacture it properly!!! Then they've got the nerve to actually charge people for fixing their own mess OMG!!!

They should give everyone who bought a 360 within the first an extra 2 years guarantee. If they loose money, thats their fault for causing this scandal, they've got enough money as it is.  

gsx1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 gsx1100
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"][QUOTE="OpticalCanine"]i dont care what the british brodcast chanel has to say about anything.and the fact that i really do have a launch 360 thats never even frozen, makes me care even less about what they have to say.-GeordiLaForge-
It's not the BBC. It's real people who phone in and complain. If they get a certain number of complaints, they investigate the problem. I cant wait to see your view u-turn when your 360 breaks; because it's only a matter of time.

A 6% failure rate is not bad for a console. The PS2's failure was MUCH higher. In fact, 100% of PS2's were defective when it launched in Japan. That's MUCH worse... Besides, Sony has been caught time and time again funding fake PR stunts like this. I wouldn't be surprised if it's happening all over again...

I'm sure that its much higher than 6%,if you knew anything about Watchdog you would know that the only reason the 360 was on there tonight was because they must have had loads of complaints. Thats how the program work,they only ever invesigate if the receive a significant amount of complaints about something. The BBC has nothing to do with Sony,if large amounts PS3's start failing you can be sure they'll be on Watchdog soon.
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#57 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts

Thank you for posting this. You explained it in the perfect way. Blind fanboys can't deny it anymore. I've had my 360 for 4 months and everyday i have had at least one disc error message, nowadays i get it about 3 times. My 360 crashes a lot as well, i'd say once every 3 days. This is the worst built console ever. Why don't those money grubbing theives manufacture it properly!!! Then they've got the nerve to actually charge people for fixing their own mess OMG!!!

They should give everyone who bought a 360 within the first an extra 2 years guarantee. If they loose money, thats their fault for causing this scandal, they've got enough money as it is.

DarkT33
It's hardly a scandal. :| They repair them for free, extended the warranty to a year and refunded everyone who paid to have it repaired. What more do you want?
south411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 south411
Member since 2006 • 2136 Posts
Are they still using china to build the thing? If so, that could be the problem right there. Cheap labor == cheap product.mikasa
mine was actually made in korea...
ish_gibbor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#59 ish_gibbor
Member since 2004 • 1717 Posts

All electronics, with NO, i mean ZERO exceptions, have a fail rate. No electric has ever been made with a zero fail rate. Anywhere from 3%-15% of the electronic whatever it may be will stop working and usually in the first year. This is something I am not sure we will be able to get around until we can make robots that make no mistakes, to build the electronics perfectly. This means every single part will also need to be built perfectly. I doubt it will ever happen.

Can anyone provide evidence that xbox 360 has a higher fail rate than what is allowed? If you can then we can make a lawsuit against microsoft

-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 -GeordiLaForge-
[QUOTE="-GeordiLaForge-"][QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"][QUOTE="OpticalCanine"]i dont care what the british brodcast chanel has to say about anything.and the fact that i really do have a launch 360 thats never even frozen, makes me care even less about what they have to say.gsx1100

I'm sure that its much higher than 6%,if you knew anything about Watchdog you would know that the only reason the 360 was on there tonight was because they must have had loads of complaints. Thats how the program work,they only ever invesigate if the receive a significant amount of complaints about something. The BBC has nothing to do with Sony,if large amounts PS3's start failing you can be sure they'll be on Watchdog soon.

No, it's actually lower now that more consoles are out there. It was 6% last year. Microsoft fixes them for free anyway, and even extended the warranty to one year. Sony had to get sued to even just fix the problem. And the PS2's failure rate was 100% when it launched. Plus, like I said, Sony pays for PR stunts like this on a regular basis. Plus there are the loyal cows and Sony employes that could be making phone calls on a regular basis.
Avatar image for thirstychainsaw
thirstychainsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 thirstychainsaw
Member since 2007 • 3761 Posts
Mine still works fine.
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 -GeordiLaForge-
Mine still works fine.thirstychainsaw
Same here. And nobody that I know has had one single problem with their 360. There are definitely a lot of 360's being sent back for repairs by cows with an agenda. And some people just don't know better than to cover the vent holes.
okristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 okristian
Member since 2004 • 2177 Posts
I love my Xbox 360 also. But I have had to return it twice to Microsoft for "repairs". Sure it didn't cost me anything but it is an incovenience. I also have 2 friends that play 360 and they have both had their systems breakdown as well. To be fair to MS they were all manufactured in 2005 so they are "launch" consoles. But those are out of MS warranty now so it could end up costing $140 for repairs and that is bogus.fanboy999
I live in norway... 5 years warranty by law :)
gsx1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 gsx1100
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts
[QUOTE="gsx1100"][QUOTE="-GeordiLaForge-"][QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"][QUOTE="OpticalCanine"]i dont care what the british brodcast chanel has to say about anything.and the fact that i really do have a launch 360 thats never even frozen, makes me care even less about what they have to say.-GeordiLaForge-

No, it's actually lower now that more consoles are out there. It was 6% last year. Microsoft fixes them for free anyway, and even extended the warranty to one year. Sony had to get sued to even just fix the problem. And the PS3's failure rate was 100% when it launched. Plus, like I said, Sony pays for PR stunts like this on a regular basis. Plus there are the loyal cows that could be making phone calls on a regular basis.

Wow ,major denial. To make a complaint on Watchdog takes more than just a phone call,you have to register and put something in writing. I know I've made a complaint on there before. And link me to a credible source about the 100%PS2 faliure rate. Face it MS dropped the ball in a big way with their rushed and unreliable console.
DarkT33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DarkT33
Member since 2007 • 198 Posts

All electronics, with NO, i mean ZERO exceptions, have a fail rate. No electric has ever been made with a zero fail rate. Anywhere from 3%-15% of the electronic whatever it may be will stop working and usually in the first year. This is something I am not sure we will be able to get around until we can make robots that make no mistakes, to build the electronics perfectly. This means every single part will also need to be built perfectly. I doubt it will ever happen.

Can anyone provide evidence that xbox 360 has a higher fail rate than what is allowed? If you can then we can make a lawsuit against microsoft

ish_gibbor
Dude, it was on watchdog. Nuff said.
ish_gibbor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#67 ish_gibbor
Member since 2004 • 1717 Posts
[QUOTE="ish_gibbor"]

DarkT33

Dude, it was on watchdog. Nuff said.

And your point is? Watchdog did not say the xbox 360 had a high enough defects to go beyond the alotted amount now did they?

PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

Sony is behind this. I bet they own that show. :lol:

-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 -GeordiLaForge-
[QUOTE="-GeordiLaForge-"][QUOTE="gsx1100"][QUOTE="-GeordiLaForge-"][QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"][QUOTE="OpticalCanine"]i dont care what the british brodcast chanel has to say about anything.and the fact that i really do have a launch 360 thats never even frozen, makes me care even less about what they have to say.gsx1100

No, it's actually lower now that more consoles are out there. It was 6% last year. Microsoft fixes them for free anyway, and even extended the warranty to one year. Sony had to get sued to even just fix the problem. And the PS3's failure rate was 100% when it launched. Plus, like I said, Sony pays for PR stunts like this on a regular basis. Plus there are the loyal cows that could be making phone calls on a regular basis.

Wow ,major denial. To make a complaint on Watchdog takes more than just a phone call,you have to register and put something in writing. I know I've made a complaint on there before. And link me to a credible source about the 100%PS2 faliure rate. Face it MS dropped the ball in a big way with their rushed and unreliable console.

Every single launch PS2 in Japan had a software defect. I'm not going to dig up an article about it. Go search for it yourself. And have you noticed that the 360 only overheats when idiots cover the vents on the side??? Word of advice, don't stand your 360 up without buying the stand.
rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#70 rexoverbey
Member since 2002 • 7622 Posts

The 360s that are overheating are due to placement. You are dealing with a 3-cored 3.2ghz processor in a small confined box. It will overheat if you don't ventilate it, and also alot of lockups are due to plugging to many things into cheap surge protectors.

360 draws a lot of electricity and you need a decent power conditioning. As for the PS2 we all know how many first console had the read errors don't we ;)

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#71 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

I must be the luckiest person in the whole world. I am still on my first 360... Not 1 issue. I should start playing the lottery.

3%-5% remember that. Not 50%-80%. :lol:

Truth_Hurts_U

Truth hurts you.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 InsaneBasura

The 360s that are overheating are due to placement. You are dealing with a 3-cored 3.2ghz processor in a small confined box. It will overheat if you don't ventilate it, and also alot of lockups are due to plugging to many things into cheap surge protectors.

360 draws a lot of electricity and you need a decent power conditioning. As for the PS2 we all know how many first console had the read errors don't we ;)

rexoverbey
Yes, it's all user error, can't possibly be hardware error. Microsoft extended the warranty twice and repayed rapair costs because 360 owners insist on putting blankets over their consoles. It all makes sense. And where does this 6% number come from -GeordiLaForge-?
Brown52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73 Brown52
Member since 2006 • 2639 Posts
I'm on my first 360, which I got like a year ago.
Also, it has been on for about a week straight without me shutting it off and has no overheating problems.
(Its been on for a week cause I just beat Dead Rising and for some reason they don't let you shut the game off without restarting the whole thing over again.)
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts
[QUOTE="rexoverbey"]

InsaneBasura

Yes, it's all user error, can't possibly be hardware error. Microsoft extended the warranty twice and repayed rapair costs because 360 owners insist on putting blankets over their consoles. It all makes sense. And where does this 6% number come from -GeordiLaForge-?

And the PS3 never will break. :roll:

carl2tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#75 carl2tan
Member since 2003 • 1385 Posts
every time you have high tech devices, with lots of moving parts and heat generation somethings eventually gotta give.  And that goes for consoles from Japan, and US.
Avatar image for PelekotansDream
PelekotansDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#76 PelekotansDream
Member since 2005 • 7602 Posts

Woah!

Lot more replies than I thought, only expected about 5. But thanks to everyone that agrees that the 1 year old console needs to sort itself out. Its not even a launch console, Wii and PS3 are a few months old and there problems are not on such a large scale.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Woah!

Lot more replies than I thought, only expected about 5. But thanks to everyone that agrees that the 1 year old console needs to sort itself out. Its not even a launch console, Wii and PS3 are a few months old and there problems are not on such a large scale.

PelekotansDream

Here this should end your thread.

PS2

Launch: November 2000

News report: January 2001

Time in market: 2 months.

Launch: November 2005

News Report: February 2007

Time in market: 1 year and 3 months.

Avatar image for PelekotansDream
PelekotansDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#78 PelekotansDream
Member since 2005 • 7602 Posts

Thanks, you posted this in the other thread didnt you?

I thought it was good, nice info.

CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts
[QUOTE="PelekotansDream"]

Woah!

Truth_Hurts_U

Here this should end your thread.

PS2

Launch: November 2000

News report: January 2001

Time in market: 2 months.

Launch: November 2005

News Report: February 2007

Time in market: 1 year and 3 months.

The main reason the huge time difference is bad for MS is because the console is still having enough problems to be featured on this show!

uttingj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 uttingj
Member since 2003 • 45 Posts
I've given up playing Oblivion because of persistent disc read errors, but the disc looks to be absolutely fine.  The errors have always occured when i'm about to speak to an NPC so i think there is more to it than problems with the disc.  Only other game i have ad this problem with is Rainbow 6
rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 rexoverbey
[QUOTE="rexoverbey"]

InsaneBasura

If it is a small percentage... I would probably guess mostly user error. BTW it's spelled REPAID not REPAYED....but again what do you know about errors?
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 InsaneBasura
[QUOTE="InsaneBasura"][QUOTE="rexoverbey"]

PS3_3DO

And the PS3 never will break. :roll:

And penguins will never fly. Unless they stand on a giraffe, but what are the odds of that happening?

See, I too can make statements that has nothing to do with what I was talking about. Meaning, where did you get the impression that we were discussing the PS3, that I was defending it and implying it will never break?

Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts
Well i havent had these problems, but im not denying it is a serious problem for those that it does happen to.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 InsaneBasura
[QUOTE="InsaneBasura"][QUOTE="rexoverbey"]

rexoverbey

If it is a small percentage... I would probably guess mostly user error. BTW it's spelled REPAID not REPAYED....but again what do you know about errors?

You write as if you know these things for a fact. But oh well, at least you backtracked from

The 360s that are overheating are due to placement.

to

If it is a small percentage... I would probably guess mostly user error.

Seems like you didn't know those things for a fact. You currently have zero credibility as far as this topic goes, and then you go question my credibility on the subject? :lol:

Anyway, so what you're saying is that products with a low failure rate break mostly because of user error? Do you have anything to back up that claim? Think you're better off backtracking on this one as well.

Doesn't matter anyway, seeing how the 360 failure rate isn't low. Microsoft admitted as much when extending the warranty and repaiing repair costs. Though officially they're now claiming the failure rate is "significantly below" 3%. Which is of course a ridiculous lie. Do you really think Microsoft would refund people if the failure rate was BELOW the industry standard? And do you really think they would do that if the cause was user mistreatment rather than hardware error?

See. Logic supports my case while all you do is guess and ass-ume (poorly).
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Heh, i've had mine since launch without any problems. I've got around 100 friends on XBL as well, only 1 of which has had a faulty console.

Keep in mind they only say that they have 248 "complaints" about faulty 360's...think about how many 360's are out there (10 million+). The problematic consoles aren't very prominent in number.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
This doesn't surprise me.Telekill
indeed. but hey, mine has been running daily since Nov. 22nd, 2005. No issues here.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 InsaneBasura

Heh, i've had mine since launch without any problems. I've got around 100 friends on XBL as well, only 1 of which has had a faulty console.

Keep in mind they only say that they have 248 "complaints" about faulty 360's...think about how many 360's are out there (10 million+). The problematic consoles aren't very prominent in number.

Puckhog04

Every 360 owner across the globe aren't gonna call in complaints to a UK show. The fact that it even was on the show should tell you something. Polls on various forums indicate a failure rate somewhere between 20 and 30 percent. Probably lower in reality (cause that's ridiculously high), but what's clear is that the failure rate is higher than normal.
rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 rexoverbey
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

InsaneBasura

Every 360 owner across the globe aren't gonna call in complaints to a UK show. The fact that it even was on the show should tell you something. Polls on various forums indicate a failure rate somewhere between 20 and 30 percent. Probably lower in reality (cause that's ridiculously high), but what's clear is that the failure rate is higher than normal.

Wow polls on forums are always accurate *sarcasm*. Plus far as I've seen it probably is the 3% Microsoft suggests due to most people only claiming lockups on the first batch of systems. 3% of 10 Million is 300,000 systems which could easily be within Microsoft estimates. 300,000 systems could easily be why Microsoft extended the warranty. Would you want that many people to not by your products/systems again? What is your proof that it is beyond that?
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts

EDIT: And my gamertag is conantheleader, I have 4500 gamerscore. Dont accuse me of being a fanboy cause a fanboy would not play a console they dislike for so much.

PelekotansDream

Lol  I can post a friends or even a total strangers gamertag as my own.  :shock:
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#90 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
Anecdotaly in the SW forums, the failure rate is around 95%.  That's pretty high.
seabiscuit8686

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 seabiscuit8686
Member since 2005 • 2862 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"] To be fair; 360s purchased now are more or less bug-free. The problem is, there are around 5 million out there bought in the first six months which really need to be recalled.

My launch console is fine
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts
MS admitted that their system was faulty, that's why they changed their warranty from 3 to 12 months. what sucks is that more than a year later, people are still experiencing problems. now that's ridiculous!flipknoc
5% of 10 million is 50,000. Not bad at all if 50,000 consoles went bad and of course were replaced for free. :shock:
rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 rexoverbey
[QUOTE="seabiscuit8686"][QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"] To be fair; 360s purchased now are more or less bug-free. The problem is, there are around 5 million out there bought in the first six months which really need to be recalled.

My launch console is fine

So is mine, my brothers, all my friends. The first month you had a load of fakeboys on here trying to make the 360 look bad with false claims. Just like the people that say they are on their 4th-10th consoles. I call major BS on all these claims.
rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 rexoverbey
[QUOTE="flipknoc"]MS admitted that their system was faulty, that's why they changed their warranty from 3 to 12 months. what sucks is that more than a year later, people are still experiencing problems. now that's ridiculous!Magical_Zebra
5% of 10 million is 50,000. Not bad at all if 50,000 consoles went bad and of course were replaced for free. :shock:

5% would be 500,000 not 50,000.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 InsaneBasura
[QUOTE="InsaneBasura"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

rexoverbey

Wow polls on forums are always accurate *sarcasm*. Plus far as I've seen it probably is the 3% Microsoft suggests due to most people only claiming lockups on the first batch of systems. 3% of 10 Million is 300,000 systems which could easily be within Microsoft estimates. 300,000 systems could easily be why Microsoft extended the warranty. Would you want that many people to not by your products/systems again? What is your proof that it is beyond that?

Did I say they were? In fact I believe I implied the opposite. And really, there's no conspiracy here. The failure rate is somewhere around 20% when it comes to forums, but it doesn't necessarily apply to the real world. It sure helps support my arguement though.

What is your proof that it isn't? Your probable guesses again? I mean, you don't seriously believe the PR nonsense Microsoft spurts out do you? Again I have to remind you that logic is on my side on this one. A 3-5% failure rate is considered normal. So obviously that's what Microsoft expected when they first shipped their product. So when the failure rate turns out to be 3%, logic tells me that you don't suddenly decide to lose a bunch of money by extending the warranty and repayedening repair costs.

That Watchdog got enough complaints to bring it up also adds suspicion to your and Microsoft's claims that everything's honky dory.