Zelda Wii - What will it look like?

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#51 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts

Nice picture, Kansas.. But I am serious, what I mean is a game to combine all the previous Zelda World into one. To bring back previous worlds, place them in collection of old and new, and experience a game that tied all the stories of each Zelda from previous. You can have all previous incarnations of Ganons be grouped together by another mysterious villian. Have the who universe of Zelda be in perial, each world slowly falling apart. Not only must he save his version of the world, but with all the different version of that world too (aka themes from the other Zelda games). You could have his world be the keypoint to cross into the other worlds, saving it in parts, revisiting old memories, as well with new stuff in the mix. You can have new regions in his place, while being able come back to previous incarnated worlds of other Zelda games. New and old characters, villians, places, and so forth. This could place a true connection with all the other Zeldas in the world.

Zelda: A Link Across Worlds

ArisShadows

I could see that coming true. That would also be a cool boss idea. The second to last boss of a lot of zelda titles feature a compilation of all the bosses that you have faced. What if that really became true as you switched worlds and faced the dragon from OoT!? :o

Hmmm. me like!

Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#52 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts

Hopefully something new. Not super-realistic like TP, but not completely cartoony like Wind Waker. A mix, you know?nyoroism

You mean like Ocarina of Time?

Moon_of_Majora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 Moon_of_Majora
Member since 2006 • 6065 Posts

Nice picture, Kansas.. But I am serious, what I mean is a game to combine all the previous Zelda World into one. To bring back previous worlds, place them in collection of old and new, and experience a game that tied all the stories of each Zelda from previous. You can have all previous incarnations of Ganons be grouped together by another mysterious villian. Have the who universe of Zelda be in perial, each world slowly falling apart. Not only must he save his version of the world, but with all the different version of that world too (aka themes from the other Zelda games). You could have his world be the keypoint to cross into the other worlds, saving it in parts, revisiting old memories, as well with new stuff in the mix. You can have new regions in his place, while being able come back to previous incarnated worlds of other Zelda games. New and old characters, villians, places, and so forth. This could place a true connection with all the other Zeldas in the world.

ArisShadows

I know there are multiple Links and Zelda, but I thought there was only one Ganon?

Anyway, I don't want to see Ganon in the next Zelda. I'm still annoyed at him for ruining TP for me.

You have a cool idea, though. I wouldn't mind if all the other Zelda villains were together in one game.

hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
I want a spiritual succesor to MM dammit!
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts

If this game can look better than SMG then I am sold. Anyway I hope they employ heavier motion sensing controls with 1 : 1 control and directional attacks.

Many people are wanting to have real time battles and warsin between temples.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#56 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

They should get Retro Studios to help them in this game with the graphic department. Retro has done some nice things with their previous projects and some of the small details of Twilight Princess like the texture in the game they could have Retro help improve in that category....

Avatar image for Luigi_Vincetana
Luigi_Vincetana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Luigi_Vincetana
Member since 2004 • 7389 Posts
Something different would be nice though I'd be just as happy with an evolved form of WW's or TP's art. In particular Image how awesome WW visuals would look with thick black outlines (like the actual concept art). Personally I feel that revisiting the art directions of the pre-GCN zelda's would be a step backwards as they were designed to work in harmony with there now inferior tech.
wiidominance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 wiidominance
Member since 2006 • 1499 Posts

i hope its not cell shaded and i hope they do something really differant this time

mattyomo99

I hope they do cel shaded graphics and expand on the windwaker universe even more ... that would rock ..

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
[QUOTE="ArisShadows"]

Moon_of_Majora

I know there are multiple Links and Zelda, but I thought there was only one Ganon?

Anyway, I don't want to see Ganon in the next Zelda. I'm still annoyed at him for ruining TP for me.

You have a cool idea, though. I wouldn't mind if all the other Zelda villains were together in one game.

You could have the mysterious villian be all the hate formed through all the worlds into a being thats doing this.

Sir_Marwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Sir_Marwin
Member since 2006 • 9734 Posts
I hope that it looks awesome :shock:
Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts

omg, a remake of a link to a past sounds so cool!

i hope they keep the TP-style, but WW-style is good too.

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts
Someone post a picture of the original Zelda and say "it will look like this"
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Cyber-
I hope they do not remake that game. It is awsome by itself. It does not need to be messed with. I hope Nintendo makes a whole new game.
Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
Well the only thing we can be sure of is that it won't look very good or be impressive in the least. You've got Nintendo's greed for releasing a $250 gamecube to thank for that one.
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
The more traditional look (OoT) but with a surreal twist to it would be cool if done correctly.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Cyber-

Well the only thing we can be sure of is that it won't look very good or be impressive in the least. You've got Nintendo's greed for releasing a $250 gamecube to thank for that one.Lazy_Boy88

ya um I dont know about you but SMG looks amazing and can you sTfu and stop being a fanboy.

ZeldaMaster32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 ZeldaMaster32
Member since 2005 • 9263 Posts

I'd like it to be cell shaded but not Wind-waker style art, I want cell-shaded versions of the Twlight Princess/Ocarina of Time type of art. Also, I'd like it to be set a in a different time period, perhaps a retro-futuristic steampunk type of world like this . . .

Zerostatic0

Hyrulian Big Daddies? That is an awesome idea.

I want Celda to return along with an industrial/futuristic setting and to have the gameplay be completely different.

No more dungeons, that's a concept that's been exhausted for twenty years now and needs to be ditched. I want something completely different and I want Anouma to piss me off when I first see the drastic changes.

Only then will the next Zelda be a true evolution.

Weslii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Weslii
Member since 2007 • 2309 Posts
Windwaker and TP style mixed. Not the young cell shaded link but the Link from TP cell shaded. And a darker vibe and no sea.
krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts
it should be like the trailer shown back at that show in 2000 whatever it was called. should have no stupid little dark world elf gnome princess things and Link should not turn into an animal. ther should be more useful weapons, the ones in twilight were cool but were only really used in their respective dungeon
krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts

Windwaker and TP style mixed. Not the young cell shaded link but the Link from TP cell shaded. And a darker vibe and no sea.Weslii

that sounds good, but like vibrant dark colors

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts
[QUOTE="Zerostatic0"]

I'd like it to be cell shaded but not Wind-waker style art, I want cell-shaded versions of the Twlight Princess/Ocarina of Time type of art. Also, I'd like it to be set a in a different time period, perhaps a retro-futuristic steampunk type of world like this . . .

ZeldaMaster32

Hyrulian Big Daddies? That is an awesome idea.

Lol that's exactly what I thought.

Sir-Marwin105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Sir-Marwin105
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts
I want them to use a completely new visual approach.
dr-venkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 dr-venkman
Member since 2006 • 1561 Posts
As much as I love the different Zelda styles they've done. I really want them to take a complete turn around with the next game. They can only do the same old adventure look so many times. I would love to see the next Zelda take place in a futuristic, mech-ish universe. Link could be decked out in a dark green, leather pilots outfit. Drive around in his robot land speeder named Epona. Link doesnt have a Bow anymore, it's replaced with a long hunting rifle. Airships can take him to different planets for whatever he's searching for. He has to forge his own sword to match his liking, so it can look different depending on what you choose. Ganon is the head of Ganon Inc. development co, and is useing evil forces to destroy life on these planets nobody cares about. Of course Link has to stop him. Princess Zelda can be some mother-earth type of orginism that feels pain whenever her planets are being damaged. In the end, I really just want a game based on Nausicaa Of The Valley Of Wind. But if Zelda can come close then thats OK.
PhoebusFlows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 PhoebusFlows
Member since 2007 • 2050 Posts

I dont think a remake of LttP is a good idea if this will be the only Wii Zelda game. So many people have played it over and over (I myself beat that game 6-7 times and memorized everything)

It would work if it was a side project or a bonus game, but Nintendo would need to focus on a new adventure, because TP was sort of a like a Gamecube game, so that means the Wii hasn't really had an exclusive Zelda game yet.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
As well, I think the main world scheme should have a bit more industrial theme look to it.
ganon42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ganon42
Member since 2004 • 1749 Posts
Majoras mask style IMO was the best one. It was similiar to OOT but it was much more darker like someone posted.
Avatar image for Luigi_Vincetana
Luigi_Vincetana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Luigi_Vincetana
Member since 2004 • 7389 Posts
No more dungeons, that's a concept that's been exhausted for twenty years now and needs to be ditched. ZeldaMaster32
Ofcourse! And while we're at it we'll make a Mario game with no jumping :|. TP did pretty much everything right except for it's dungeons, which were fairly lame. Because of that the game just ended up being a mediocre Zelda experience. I'm playing through PH at the moment and I have to say it's almost the polar opposite. It does a lot of things wrong but the game is fantastic because dungeons are so ingenious (however the temple of the ocean king does suck really hard). Zelda is all about the dungeons. Everything else is just padding out.
strudel420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 strudel420
Member since 2006 • 3687 Posts
The sad thing is this 'next' Zelda game we are thinking about is to the Wii what Twilight Princess was to the Gamecube. Its a long ways away. (eyes 2010 calender) :x
EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
Man, is it wrong if I love the WW and TP design more than the N64 series?
The next Zelda will probably be the same, except more polygons and more shaders.
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts
It's time for a new IP
LanDC77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#81 LanDC77
Member since 2005 • 1415 Posts
Futuristic some think like Beyond Good & Evil but looking better.
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#82 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

Link will look beefed up, as if on steroids, and his weapon of choice will be a sword with a chain saw attachment.

It will get a 9.5 and GotY

hummer700

LMAO :lol:

I think similar to TP graphics would work well but obviously more detail, and I want less over the top bloom lighting because although TP looked great for a GC title, the Wii on an HDTV murdered the whites a bit (mainly at dusk).

akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#83 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts

i'll be happy with any sort of style, just with more detail

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Cyber-

[QUOTE="ZeldaMaster32"]No more dungeons, that's a concept that's been exhausted for twenty years now and needs to be ditched. Luigi_Vincetana
Ofcourse! And while we're at it we'll make a Mario game with no jumping :|. TP did pretty much everything right except for it's dungeons, which were fairly lame. Because of that the game just ended up being a mediocre Zelda experience. I'm playing through PH at the moment and I have to say it's almost the polar opposite. It does a lot of things wrong but the game is fantastic because dungeons are so ingenious (however the temple of the ocean king does suck really hard). Zelda is all about the dungeons. Everything else is just padding out.

I think zelda needs some more improv in bewteen those dungeons though. Some people have suggested battles others say horse fights. Whatever the case we need a little more instant action in between the puzzle breaking dungeons

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#85 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts

*crosses fingers, and starts chanting*

"Please be steam-punk, please be steam-punk, please be steam-punk, please be steam-punk, please be steam-punk, please be steam-punk, please be steam-punk, please be steam-punk, please be steam-punk"

That would re-define awesome.

LanDC77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 LanDC77
Member since 2005 • 1415 Posts

"Please be steam-punk, please be steam-punk, please be steam-punk, please be steam-punk, please be steam-punk, please be steam-punk, please be steam-punk, please be steam-punk, please be steam-punk"

Tylendal

That would own.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Tylendal
That would be cool, I kind've hope for that I think the Art Style should be Cell-shaded but Darker kind've like in between Wind Waker and Killer 7 like right in the middle not leaning towards one side but it might not work like that.
jack_michael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 jack_michael
Member since 2007 • 1162 Posts

My favorite is TP's art!

Ganon looks sooooo bad*** ! I hope the next one looks completely differently and futuristic.... as it will be set in the future! :o

kansasdude2009

i think that whole futuristic zelda was justa myth

chicken008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 chicken008
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts
Paper Zelda!
laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

A much more detailed and mature looking cel-shading.That artstyle is definitly the better one and the most everlasting, it's time to take it to the next level.

something like that:

the_h_bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 the_h_bomb
Member since 2007 • 3182 Posts

Hopefully something new. Not super-realistic like TP, but not completely cartoony like Wind Waker. A mix, you know?nyoroism

QFT, something like a more realistic cel shaded style

also revamp the combat and fetch quests, and mix it up

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#92 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
I want a spiritual succesor to MM dammit!hamstergeddon
Indeed. That would be my instant favorite game of all time... I wouldn't even need to play it to know that.
Rev3nger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Rev3nger
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts

I think Nintendo should go with the Mii style. All characters being Miis would bring an immersion never seen before in a Zelda game.

Mii Ganon... the definition of fear.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Cyber-
I know that no matter what style they choose it will look fantastic, I am worried that the game wont surpass SMG in terms of graphics. If it does this and finds a better transition bewteen dungeons then we got another winner.
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
I want the cell shaded look to come back, but rather than going with Windwaker type characters, go for a more mature style like in TP. So a combination of cell shading and TP art style.
Superstrokey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Superstrokey
Member since 2005 • 832 Posts
While i would perfer something differetn from wind waker, it wouldnt make me too mad if it did come. The style was pretty decent imho. Id love a really good wii version of Tp wii enhanced
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
In an Interview Anouma (spelling?) said Expect the Unexpected when it comes to the Artstyle for the Next Zelda, and he was also interested in remaking Link to the Past since that is his favorite Legend of Zelda, and it was also the first that he started getting interested in Legend of Zelda series.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Cyber-
please MGS Megman, Final Fantasy, Halo, and all the other series got into remakes Zelda does not need to have remakes
Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts

please MGS Megman, Final Fantasy, Halo, and all the other series got into remakes Zelda does not need to have remakesCyber-

a link to a past does need a remake, it's the best zelda game after all......IMO :P

Yodas_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#100 Yodas_Boy
Member since 2007 • 857 Posts

Something new.

Something extremely realistic. Link as an older man, in his mid 30s; yes I'm going NA on of yall because I've been playing the same 13 to 17 year kid for the past two decades, and I've grown really tired of it.

elbow2k

I agree, I want to play an older Link for a change. Maybe one that's in his forties or something, something really different. I'm a little tired of being a teenager in those games.