Zelda: Majora’s Mask Coming to 3DS, According to Target

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/zelda-majoras-mask-coming-to-3ds-according-to-target-27051

It looks like The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D may actually be happening.

According to a Target employee over on gbatemp.net, the polarizing sequel to Ocarina of Time will be coming to 3DS at some point in the near future. The forum user posted the following pictures from the retailer as evidence.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B

We've heard rumblings of a remake for 3DS in the past, so this isn't necessarily coming out of left field. Might we get a formal announcement from Nintendo soon? The Zelda fanboy inside has me crossing my fingers.

[Via Always Nintendo]

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SolidGame_basic

"Remakes are terrible! Oh wait, it's a game I want, nevermind."

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Yeah, I'll wait for something official. This stuff happens all the time.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

While that can be easily fake, I still think it will come out. Ocarina benefited a lot from the improved performance.

...These N64 remakes of Ocarina and Majoras should go to wiiu, as well.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#5 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Not until Nintendo says so.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Yeah, this isn't happening.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

I'm a believer!

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Just inject it into my eyes for fucks sake......

I don't want it I NEED it.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Fake. Those tags can be made by anyone with access to those. Data can also be altered easily with those guns. I used to mess around like that when I used to work at a licensed Starbucks location.

And to TC who is attempting to call out sheep or he's simply upset people are bashing TLOUR. There's a difference between a game released last year and one that came out what? 14 years ago? That also has a bigger graphical upgrade.

Kind of like the MC Collection. All 4 games. All maps + DLC. Graphical upgrades of games that did not come out a year ago, for 10 more dollars than what TLOUR costs.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

The remake is coming. I'm not sure if it's heading to 3ds or wiiu.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

OoT and MM mechanics hold up so poorly. Just let them die.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SolidGame_basic

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

Fake. Those tags can be made by anyone with access to those. Data can also be altered easily with those guns. I used to mess around like that when I used to work at a licensed Starbucks location.

And to TC who is attempting to call out sheep or he's simply upset people are bashing TLOUR. There's a difference between a game released last year and one that came out what? 14 years ago? That also has a bigger graphical upgrade.

Kind of like the MC Collection. All 4 games. All maps + DLC. Graphical upgrades of games that did not come out a year ago, for 10 more dollars than what TLOUR costs.

This isn't really a moral dilemma, just business. Plenty of people haven't played The Last of Us. $50 for a next gen remaster is hardly foul play.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

This isn't really a moral dilemma, just business. Plenty of people haven't played The Last of Us. $50 for a next gen remaster is hardly foul play.

Yeah, cool. How did I turn it into a moral dilemma? I'm just saying theres a difference between this and TLOUR since you were calling people out in your post. If you think its worth it, hey man cool. Good for you. But theres a reason people bash that and don't bash other things like the MC Collection. In no way was I saying "OMG Sonyz is teh devilzz"

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

Yeah, cool. How did I turn it into a moral dilemma? I'm just saying theres a difference between this and TLOUR since you were calling people out in your post. If you think its worth it, hey man cool. Good for you. But theres a reason people bash that and don't bash other things like the MC Collection. In no way was I saying "OMG Sonyz is teh devilzz"

It's just tongue in cheek. As someone who also owns a Vita I often hear about how our best game is a remake, although I didn't mind that! Didn't play the original. Also looking forward to Tales of Hearts R.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kaze_no_Mirai

@SolidGame_basic said:

It's just tongue in cheek. As someone who also owns a Vita I often hear about how our best game is a remake, although I didn't mind that!. Didn't play the original. Also looking forward to Tales of Hearts R.

And it definitely shouldn't a good game is a good game. I think what spoils TLOUR are some of the fanboys that overpraise it, as if it were a new original game. P4G is a damn good game and probably the best game between both handhelds but it doesn't have the ridiculous circle jerk that TLOUR does.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I'll believe it when Nintendo says something about it, which they probably won't.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#17 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Did I ever say I miss BC?

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

@Kaze_no_Mirai: p4g added new content: new social link, new dungeon, winter months, personas, and gameplay mechanics, making it more of a remake than a simple polishing remaster with DLC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#19  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@inb4uall said:

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kaze_no_Mirai

@bbkkristian: Yeah I forgot about the added content on P4G. I hadn't played it in so long, haha.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Can be faked quite easily, not sure If I believe it.

The MM 3DS better be coming sometime though. I'll be pissed if Nintendo just doesn't bother.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SolidGame_basic

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

@bbkkristian: Yeah I forgot about the added content on P4G. I hadn't played it in so long, haha.

Hopefully Tales of Hearts R is just as badass!

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

This would be an insult to MM IMO. It deserves better than being ported to a handheld. I'd much prefer if they remade the entire game from scratch for their next console as there's a ridiculous amount of depth they could add. If they need any ideas, I've got tonnes =P I even made a brief for a Majora's Mask sequel :S Anyway, I don't want them to release this to placate MM fans and then ignore it forever. Besides, I don't think this would sell well anyway which is the goal of any business, no ifs or buts. I would like them to base their next main tier game on the Majora's Mask mythos, perhaps set centuries afterwards. They could then attract both old school fans and current fans. Ports always leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Bar Windwaker HD, which is the only example I can think of [still haven't played it, but I've read a number of reviews which seem to hold it in higher regard than the original - the improved sea traveling is a common point], most of them never quite live up to the original memories we have of them. I'm playing Majora's Mask again currently and I'm already picking out flaws in the game that I never noticed when I played it all those years ago. The opening segment is stupendously tedious, for instance. Perhaps it's because I know the game inside out that I feel this way, I have no onus to explore at the start. I've done it all...too many times...and so I have to wait...and wait...and wait some more for the clock to strike midnight on the third day. Long story short, I'm against direct physical ports of games which, for me, have aged really poorly from a game-play perspective. You could say I'm a hypocrite because I bought Windwaker HD, but that game has arguably aged better than MM. From a story and character development perspective modern day Zelda could learn a lot from Majora's Mask, but the game-play has long since been surpassed. Don't get me wrong, it's a brilliant experience and arguably the deepest Zelda game to date, but the mechanics other than the form-changing masks and time warping which, again, I have so many ideas on how to develop, are recycled from Ocarina of Time which *flame shield ON* is really boring to play in 2014. I know the reasons for this, I just want to make the point that MM was rushed and from a game-play perspective I don't think it pushes the bar like OoT did despite the potential therein and the game, as a whole, has aged poorly as a result. Nintendo could remake this game on their terms with no time or hardware constraints next gen. Wouldn't that be amazing?

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

It's best to wait for Comic-con or Tokyo Game Show to find out if this is for real.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@inb4uall said:

Oot was pretty meh to begin with, MM though is hands down one of the best LoZ games.

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

Also, any idiot who works at a supermarket can insert a new product line into that scanner/handset and print off a label.

LOL. Can't believe some of you guys are falling for this. Anyone who lives in the area can just go and check that item number in-store if they really wanted to. It'd be a waste of time though.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

these fake or accidental listings always end up revealing NOTHING, go fish idiot

anyhow, the fact that a Target employee spotted this, and the fact he is a Target employee, probably the simplest and most likely explanation is that he made the fake tag himself

who knows why though, maybe he's like all those UFO believing morons who make fake UFO videos because he thinks doing so will somehow make it true

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Cant wait for an actual sequel :D

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#29 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

The game will come considering Miyamoto's comments.