Zelda Collection

Avatar image for girlusocrazy
GirlUSoCrazy

11523

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 GirlUSoCrazy  Online
Member since 2015 • 11523 Posts

The Zelda Anniversary Collection 3D for Switch will not only contain The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (2013), Twilight Princess HD (2016), but the newly announced Skyward Sword HD, set to be released on July 16, 2021.

That is, if we expect Nintendo to be consistent. I mean they just put out three 3D Mario games, two of which were ported for the first time and involved reworking input and adding wide screen. Why wouldn't they make the same offer with Zelda games?

No, The Zelda Anniversary Collection 3D is not real, but it should be.

Avatar image for lebanese_boy
lebanese_boy

16083

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 16083 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

The Zelda Anniversary Collection 3D for Switch will not only contain The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (2013), Twilight Princess HD (2016), but the newly announced Skyward Sword HD, set to be released on July 16, 2021.

I think you may have missed a tiny little detail at the Direct...

Avatar image for girlusocrazy
GirlUSoCrazy

11523

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy  Online
Member since 2015 • 11523 Posts

@lebanese_boy: Oh, so it is 3 games in one SKU like Mario? They're not asking $40-$60 for each game?

Avatar image for Planeforger
Planeforger

18594

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 18594 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

@lebanese_boy: Oh, so it is 3 games in one SKU like Mario? They're not asking $40-$60 for each game?

I guess a Zelda 3D Collection would be that, yes.

Skyward Sword HD isn't a Zelda Collection though. It's just a 10-year anniversary re-release of a single game, which is consistent with what they did with Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

Avatar image for lebanese_boy
lebanese_boy

16083

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 16083 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

@lebanese_boy: Oh, so it is 3 games in one SKU like Mario? They're not asking $40-$60 for each game?

What are you talking about? Nintendo has not announced a Zelda collection whatsoever. Not yet anyways.

Skyward Sword HD is a standalone full price game. If Nintendo announces a collection (which, again, it didn't) Skyward Sword HD isn't part of it.

Avatar image for Life-is-a-Game
Life-is-a-Game

692

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6 Life-is-a-Game
Member since 2005 • 692 Posts

@lebanese_boy: You are exactly right!

There is no way in hell that Nintendo would include SS HD in a remake collection and ask 60$ for 3-4 games and in the same time sell SS HD for 60$ as a standalone.

So my guess is: there will be no Zelda collection 🤭 .. or if there was a Zelda collection it will include OOT, WW and TP.

Avatar image for DEVILinIRON
DEVILinIRON

6250

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#7 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 6250 Posts

Hahaha

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

36487

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 36487 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

@lebanese_boy: Oh, so it is 3 games in one SKU like Mario? They're not asking $40-$60 for each game?

Let's not hold the 3D Mario All Stars collection up to any standard.

Because clearly when developing it Nintendo didn't have any standards either.

I'd rather pay full 60 dollars for 1 good port, than full 60 dollars for 3 shitty emulated games.

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

27372

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 27372 Posts

I like how Nintendo didn't do a Zelda collection with Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess (or WW) and Skyward Sword for 60 bucks, and only made an HD version of their worst 3D Zelda ever, for 60 bucks.

I'm not sure what the worst deal in Earth history is, but this is not far off. For 25 bucks, I would maybe consider getting it, but 60 bucks for this shit is a fucking joke.

Why are Nintendo making new games at all? Just release all your old shit for 60 bucks a piece. You're set for life, Nintendo.

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

27372

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#10 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 27372 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@girlusocrazy said:

@lebanese_boy: Oh, so it is 3 games in one SKU like Mario? They're not asking $40-$60 for each game?

Let's not hold the 3D Mario All Stars collection up to any standard.

Because clearly when developing it Nintendo didn't have any standards either.

I'd rather pay full 60 dollars for 1 good port, than full 60 dollars for 3 shitty emulated games.

Galaxy was a good port, plus you got fully playable Mario 64 and Sunshine as a bonus.

This shit is like only getting Galaxy on Switch for 60 bucks.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

36487

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#11 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 36487 Posts

@Litchie said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@girlusocrazy said:

@lebanese_boy: Oh, so it is 3 games in one SKU like Mario? They're not asking $40-$60 for each game?

Let's not hold the 3D Mario All Stars collection up to any standard.

Because clearly when developing it Nintendo didn't have any standards either.

I'd rather pay full 60 dollars for 1 good port, than full 60 dollars for 3 shitty emulated games.

Galaxy was a good port, plus you got fully playable Mario 64 and Sunshine as a bonus.

This shit is like only getting Galaxy on Switch for 60 bucks.

Galaxy wasn't ported, it's strictly emulation.

There isn't a single port to be found in 3D All Stars, hence Nintendo not having any standards with this lazy rush job.

And before you say Zelda HD isn't worth the money, or that it's a bad port:

At least it is a port, and at least it is running in twice the FPS that the original was. At least some (even a tiny fraction) of effort went into it.

Avatar image for HalcyonScarlet
HalcyonScarlet

9359

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#12 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 9359 Posts

Not that exciting to me, I already have those games on the Wii U, minus Skyward Sword HD. But I'm fine with the Wii version.

More interested in picking up a 3DS at some point and getting the 3D Zelda games.

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

27372

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 27372 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Litchie said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@girlusocrazy said:

@lebanese_boy: Oh, so it is 3 games in one SKU like Mario? They're not asking $40-$60 for each game?

Let's not hold the 3D Mario All Stars collection up to any standard.

Because clearly when developing it Nintendo didn't have any standards either.

I'd rather pay full 60 dollars for 1 good port, than full 60 dollars for 3 shitty emulated games.

Galaxy was a good port, plus you got fully playable Mario 64 and Sunshine as a bonus.

This shit is like only getting Galaxy on Switch for 60 bucks.

Galaxy wasn't ported, it's strictly emulation.

There isn't a single port to be found in 3D All Stars, hence Nintendo not having any standards with this lazy rush job.

And before you say Zelda HD isn't worth the money, or that it's a bad port:

At least it is a port, and at least it is running in twice the FPS that the original was. At least some (even a tiny fraction) of effort went into it.

I don't give a shit if it's emulated or a port, really. Mario Galaxy looks way the hell better on Switch than Wii. It's not just the Wii game on Switch. It's basically what SS HD is. Plus two more full fledged games.

Selling SS HD for 60 bucks is like separating Mario Galaxy from the collection, calling it Mario Galaxy HD and sell it for 60 bucks.

Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

37758

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#14 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 37758 Posts

Nintendont. Nuff said. :P

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

36487

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#15 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 36487 Posts

@Litchie said:

I don't give a shit if it's emulated or a port, really. Mario Galaxy looks way the hell better on Switch than Wii. It's not just the Wii game on Switch. It's basically what SS HD is. Plus two more full fledged games.

Selling SS HD for 60 bucks is like separating Mario Galaxy from the collection, calling it Mario Galaxy HD and sell it for 60 bucks.

If your standard for the other two games is simply: 'they run', than yeah good for you ;)

And I agree, Galaxy looked great on Switch.

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

27372

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 27372 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Litchie said:

I don't give a shit if it's emulated or a port, really. Mario Galaxy looks way the hell better on Switch than Wii. It's not just the Wii game on Switch. It's basically what SS HD is. Plus two more full fledged games.

Selling SS HD for 60 bucks is like separating Mario Galaxy from the collection, calling it Mario Galaxy HD and sell it for 60 bucks.

If your standard for the other two games is simply: 'they run', than yeah good for you ;)

And I agree, Galaxy looked great on Switch.

Nah, it was lame that SM64 wasn't in widescreen, and that Sunshine wasn't in 60fps. But those two versions are still way better to have in the collection than just Galaxy in HD for 60 bucks. Or just SS HD for 60 bucks, as in this case.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

36487

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#17 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 36487 Posts

@Litchie said:

Nah, it was lame that SM64 wasn't in widescreen, and that Sunshine wasn't in 60fps. But those two versions are still way better to have in the collection than just Galaxy in HD for 60 bucks. Or just SS HD for 60 bucks, as in this case.

I get your point, but I disagree.

The main point for me was that I could replay Sunshine. And I was utterly disappointed.

I did end up enjoying Galaxy in 720/60 (Mario games just play so great in 60fps). But that's not why I got the collection, so I got rid of it.

Avatar image for Telekill
Telekill

10318

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 10318 Posts

We won't be getting a three pack of Zelda games on Switch. It'd be fantastic but Nintendo are cheap f**ks. I'm honestly surprised they released the Mario 3 pack.

Avatar image for my_user_name
my_user_name

405

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#19 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 405 Posts

Meh. I'd rather buy the OG games used then give Nintendo any money.

Avatar image for vl4d_l3nin
vl4d_l3nin

2763

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#20 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 2763 Posts

I bet Skyward Steal HD will sell better than it originally did on the Wii

Avatar image for sleepnsurf
sleepnsurf

3732

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#21 sleepnsurf
Member since 2009 • 3732 Posts

Might get a switch 2.0. I am not getting it with the driftsticks. Def not getting PS5 or Xbox this gen, waste of money.

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

27372

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#22  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 27372 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Litchie said:

Nah, it was lame that SM64 wasn't in widescreen, and that Sunshine wasn't in 60fps. But those two versions are still way better to have in the collection than just Galaxy in HD for 60 bucks. Or just SS HD for 60 bucks, as in this case.

I get your point, but I disagree.

The main point for me was that I could replay Sunshine. And I was utterly disappointed.

I did end up enjoying Galaxy in 720/60 (Mario games just play so great in 60fps). But that's not why I got the collection, so I got rid of it.

I don't get it. You disagree that it's better to have those versions of Mario 64 and Sunshine in the collection instead of only Mario Galaxy in HD for 60 bucks? It would be better if they only sold Galaxy without 64 and Sunshine for the same price? Because you're salty about Sunshine not being in 60fps?

Dafuq.. Either you're weird, or you didn't get my point after all.