Zelda alone gives the Switch a better launch lineup than PS4 or XB1

• 153 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

notable PS4 launch titles:

• Killzone Shadowfall
  • Knack

notable XB1 launch titles:

• Ryse
  • Dead Rising 3
  • Forza 3
  • Killer Instinct

notable Switch launch titles:

• Zelda: Breath of the Wild

just look at those amazing PS4/XB1 games. real system sellers right there lol.

do people really care about having a slew of shit games on their new console as opposed to one amazing game? i guess zelda on switch isn't as appealing if you're still holding on to a wii u, but the obvious advantage on switch is improved visuals and being able to play it on the go. if you're a smart person like me and got rid of your wii u, breath of the wild is quite literally the best launch title for a console since... twilight princess?

it's just hypocritical that people are railing against the switch and its $300 price tag when they were happy to pay $400 and $500 to play a handful of shitty games and cross-gen ports.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I'd rather have a variety of games instead of just one... but that's me.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

Lol no...... Outside of Zelda there is only 6 other launch titles.... Weakest launch of any system ever

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By princeofshapeir

@hrt_rulz01 said:

I'd rather have a variety of games instead of just one... but that's me.

you'd rather pay $60 each for a handful of shitty games instead of paying $60 for one great game?

@stereointegrity said:

Lol no...... Outside of Zelda there is only 6 other launch titles.... Weakest launch of any system ever

zelda is all you need.

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 stereointegrity

Mario kart doesn't come till the end of April and it costs $60 ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I agree

Jagoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By Jagoff
Member since 2016 • 515 Posts

I don't think anyone here was saying that the Switch was going to have lousy first-party support. Nintendo more or less delivers in this regard. The real concern is whether or not the system will have a sustainable third-party element, as the lack of that played a hand in the Wii-U's failure, and it doesn't look any more promising with the Switch.

You're excited for Zelda, and I get that, but calm your tits. This system can easily fall into the same trap the Wii-U did.

rasengan2552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rasengan2552
Member since 2009 • 5071 Posts

Legend Of Fog is a Wii U sendoff game that will also be available for the Switch

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

How do you figure when the game is a "multiplat"?

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

Cool, but it's a port, and it's competing against the libraries of Xbox and Playstation in 2017 not 2013. I'm not giving Nintendo a sticker for that.

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 stereointegrity

@charizard1605: of course you agree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@jagoff said:

I don't think anyone here was saying that the Switch was going to have lousy first-party support. Nintendo more or less delivers in this regard. The real concern is whether or not the system will have a sustainable third-party element, as the lack of that played a hand in the Wii-U's failure, and it doesn't look any more promising with the Switch.

You're excited for Zelda, and I get that, but calm your tits. This system can easily fall into the same trap the Wii-U did.

I think the more important thing here is that Nintendo is already showing off great and ambitious first party games for the Switch- something that was sorely lacking on the Wii U. As for third party support, I imagine it gets a lot of Japanese games, but I doubt it will get much in the way of western support. Honestly at this point, I go into Nintendo expecting that.

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts

4 switch games that look good, 1 of them being the GOTY. Not bad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@stereointegrity said:

@charizard1605: of course you agree

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#15 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69426 Posts

Or you can buy the WiiU version and not spend $360.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Horizon > Zelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Horizon > Zelda

Lol no. Not even remotely close.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dynamitecop

@charizard1605 said:
@jagoff said:

I think the more important thing here is that Nintendo is already showing off great and ambitious first party games for the Switch- something that was sorely lacking on the Wii U. As for third party support, I imagine it gets a lot of Japanese games, but I doubt it will get much in the way of western support. Honestly at this point, I go into Nintendo expecting that.

Super Mario 3D World wasn't ambitious? Splatoon wasn't ambitious? Super Mario Maker wasn't ambitious? Mario Kart 8 wasn't ambitious? Zelda: Breath of the Wild wasn't ambitious?

The fact of the matter is that nothing on the Switch is not a continuation of what was already being done with the Wii U, all these "Switch games" coming could release in unison with the Wii U and you'd still praise them more for the Switch, you're honeymooning right now, it couldn't be more evident.

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts

I don't like Zelda........so where does that leave me

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pedro  Online

@charizard1605 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Horizon > Zelda

I can factually say. We don't know. :D

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#21 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: agreed. That's why Xbox is best.

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 princeofshapeir

@dynamitecop said:
@charizard1605 said:
@jagoff said:

Super Mario 3D World wasn't ambitious? Splatoon wasn't ambitious? Super Mario Maker wasn't ambitious? Mario Kart 8 wasn't ambitious? Zelda: Breath of the Wild wasn't ambitious?

The fact of the matter is that nothing on the Switch is not a continuation of what was already being done with the Wii U, all these "Switch" games coming could release in unison with the Wii U and you'd still praise them more for the Switch, you're honeymooning right now, it couldn't be more evident.

do you ever have anything positive to say if it's not about xbox or microsoft?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@dynamitecop said:
@charizard1605 said:
@jagoff said:

The fact of the matter is that nothing on the Switch is not a continuation of what was already being done with the Wii U, all these "Switch games" coming could release in unison with the Wii U and you'd still praise them more for the Switch, you're honeymooning right now, it couldn't be more evident.

None of those was ambitious, except Splatoon, yes.

This is not something I am just saying today, this is something I have been saying for two years straight now. This is the reason I think my Wii U is garbage and regret the purchase.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dynamitecop

@princeofshapeir said:
@dynamitecop said:
@charizard1605 said:
@jagoff said:

The fact of the matter is that nothing on the Switch is not a continuation of what was already being done with the Wii U, all these "Switch" games coming could release in unison with the Wii U and you'd still praise them more for the Switch, you're honeymooning right now, it couldn't be more evident.

do you ever have anything positive to say if it's not about xbox or microsoft?

Can you ever tackle criticism for what it is without associating it with something else not mentioned or completely unrelated?

No? Okay, be quiet.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I'm excited for Zelda but nope. Zelda isn't even exclusive, it'll be available for the much cheaper Wii U. So that leaves the Switch with no exclusive if you only counting on Zelda.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dynamitecop

@charizard1605 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@charizard1605 said:
@jagoff said:

This is not something I am just saying today, this is something I have been saying for two years straight now. This is the reason I think my Wii U is garbage and regret the purchase.

So, aside from the Wii U game, Breath of the Wild, what in terms of games on the Switch is ambitious?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Horizon > Zelda

Zelda will suffer from the same issues as FFXV does. A Japanese dev's first try at open world and not knowing how to fill a world. Mark my words.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@dynamitecop said:
@charizard1605 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@charizard1605 said:
@jagoff said:

So, aside from the Wii U game, Breath of the Wild, what in terms of games on the Switch is ambitious?

Super Mario Odyssey would be the immediate candidate.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pedro  Online

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@charizard1605 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Horizon > Zelda

Zelda will suffer from the same issues as FFXV does. A Japanese dev's first try at open world and not knowing how to fill a world. Mark my words.

I know thats going to happen.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dynamitecop
@charizard1605 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@charizard1605 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@charizard1605 said:

Why? What is it doing that is out of the immediate scope of what is and already has been done?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@charizard1605 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Horizon > Zelda

It's literally making the open world the central mechanic with the rest of the game built around it. FF15 has an open world that's there for garnishing but otherwise completely meaningless. They are not even remotely comparable.

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 princeofshapeir

@dynamitecop said:

Can you ever tackle criticism for what it is without associating it with something else not mentioned or completely unrelated?

No? Okay, be quiet.

char already answered your post pretty well. it's just a pattern with you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I agree. If you give me a choice of being able to get every single launch game that both the PS4 and Xbox One had combined or just Zelda: Breath of the Wild, I'd easily choose Zelda.

And I'm sure that Zelda will be a very long game that will keep me very busy for quite a while. Plus, I'm also looking forward to Super Bomberman R that will also be available at launch.

And then within a month or two after launch, the Nintendo Switch will get ARMS which looks really fun and unique, Sonic Mania which I think is better suited for the Nintendo Switch than any other platform, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Edition which even though I already own the Wii U version, this new version looks to be a huge improvement with new karts, new characters, the return of nostalgic items from older Mario Kart games like the feather and Boo, the ability to now carry two items at once instead of just one, and most importantly of all, the return of classic battle mode with actual arenas this time!

And then that is followed by Splatoon 2 in the Summer and Super Mario Odyssey in the Fall.

This already looks like a better first year than Xbox One or PS4 had for their disappointing first years.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@dynamitecop said:
@charizard1605 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@charizard1605 said:
@dynamitecop said:

Why? What is it doing that is out of the immediate scope of what is and already has been done?

It's a fully open world 3D platformer.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

Zelda alone is the only reason to even buy a Switch at launch. Its like the launch it specifically created for hardcore Zelda fans and not much else.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

I agree. Can't wait to play it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@emgesp said:

Zelda alone is the only reason to even buy a Switch at launch. Its like the launch it specifically created for hardcore Zelda fans and not much else.

I agree with this, too

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dynamitecop

@charizard1605 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@charizard1605 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@charizard1605 said:

So, because it's open world it's ambitious? Like 500 other games have already done and was the next progressive step for Mario anyway? And what about this game couldn't be done with the Wii U? See, you're relegating these games that could very easily and no doubt were developed for the Wii U originally, to some higher standard because they're attached to its successor.

Like I said, you're honeymooning and giving credit where credit is not due.

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

the launch games or price point are pretty far down the list when it comes to the problems with the switch...just stahp.

Jagoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40  Edited By Jagoff
Member since 2016 • 515 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@jagoff said:

I will agree that it's off on good footing in that case. Zelda, Mario and Xenoblade look promising and Splatoon 2 can be great despite Nintendo deciding to charge people for online.

But like any system that you want to last beyond its initial year, you need developers who will actually invest and commit to making games for it outside of the in-house groups. The launch/post-launch lineup thus far looks pretty damn dismal in this case and that you can't deny. The Switch is getting a port of game that's over five years old (Skyrim) and one over four years (Rayman Legends). There's no indication thus far that points towards the system being able to get the same third-party lineup as the One or the PS4 will be getting or already have.

And if we're getting primary Mario and Zelda titles this year, then 2018 could spell out some serious trouble if they don't have a trick or a Metroid announcement up their sleeve.

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By princeofshapeir

@emgesp said:

first off that's a large portion of gamers and almost all of nintendo's existing fanbase. but breath of the wild isn't a game that's marketed towards purist zelda fans; it's taking big risks with its open-world design, in addition to the plethora of other changes like increased difficulty, survival mechanics, and voice acting. these are things zelda hasn't done before. if you're into open-world games i don't see why you wouldn't be interested in breath of the wild.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@dynamitecop said:
@charizard1605 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@charizard1605 said:
@dynamitecop said:

So, because it's open world it's ambitious? Like 500 other games have already done and was the next progressive step for Mario anyway? And what about this game couldn't be done with the Wii U? See, you're relegating these games that could very easily and no doubt were developed for the Wii U originally, to some higher standard because they're attached to its successor.

When did I say this game couldn't be on Wii U? How many other open world 3D plaformers can you name? Why do you jump to conclusions in an effort to self reinforce your own point predicated on incorrect assumptions made all the time?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#43 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17803 Posts
@emgesp said:

That is pretty much how it is for me. I never wanted to buy a Wii U, plus Zelda runs like shit on the Wii U from what I have seen. I pre-ordered a Switch this morning at my local EB Games just for Zelda. I will pick up Mario Odyssey and any other noteworthy titles in the future.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

So that's 1 game. After you're done with it, what next? What if you're not into Zelda, where's the variety? Fail.

Its a better game than the others listed, sure. But its also a game i can get on a console released in 2012, so why the fawk would i spend an additional $300 to play a game that was build for the WiiU?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pedro  Online

@BassMan said:
@emgesp said:

That is pretty much how it is for me. I never wanted to buy a Wii U, plus Zelda runs like shit on the Wii U from what I have seen. I pre-ordered a Switch this morning at my local EB Games just for Zelda. I will pick up Mario Odyssey and any other noteworthy titles in the future.

Apparently it runs worse on the Switch.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By dynamitecop

@charizard1605 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@charizard1605 said:
@dynamitecop said:

When did I say this game couldn't be on Wii U? How many other open world 3D plaformers can you name? Why do you jump to conclusions in an effort to self reinforce your own point predicated on incorrect assumptions made all the time?

The point is, you're praising games that are coming out for a system that could exist in the exact state they do for the Switch on the Wii U, a system you already own. Zelda for example, you people are hailing it in the Switch's favor and almost entirely ignoring its existence for the Wii U, its platform of origin.

You're being ham-stringed into spending another $300 to play games that could identically function on a piece of hardware you presently have, do you not see the insanity in that? Their **** up with the Wii U's hardware, when really there's nothing wrong with it, is costing you $300 so they can present something nearly identical to the market packaged differently in the hope it sells more.

That's why the Switch exists, to make a better Wii U, not because of something innovative or needed, because the other console wasn't selling. And what do they do, they **** everyone who bought the Wii U in the process and say tough luck, it's asinine that you are supporting this as a supposed Nintendo fan, you should be infuriated...

This is an embarrassment to any so called gamer...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#47 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

Zelda being a "multiplat" with the other system having a little over 10 million users, most of whom have either sold or abandoned the console. People act like a majority of the people who hold some interest in the Switch actually bought a Wii U.

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts

@silversix_ said:

So that's 1 game. After you're done with it, what next? What if you're not into Zelda, where's the variety? Fail.

Its a better game than the others listed, sure. But its also a game i can get on a console released in 2012, so why the fawk would i spend an additional $300 to play a game that was build for the WiiU?

This is what I'm saying and have yet to have answered. I'm waiting for Nintendo to sell me, but it looks like I will just wait like I did with the Wii when I bought it for $50. Zelda is cool and all, but I'm not interested in Zelda atm.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#49 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Its awesome, but I can get it on wii u...

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#50 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Is there a game on PS Pro or Xbox One that is pretty much a knock off of this game? I have not ever played Zelda.