Youre given complete creative control over the next Assassins Creed game

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

yves guillemot, ubi ceo, approaches you. he’s read your posts on system wars and thinks you talk a lot of sense. he tells you he needs someone to freshen up assassin’s creed and wants to give you complete creative control over the next instalment. he’s had to put the previous creative director on administrative leave for reasons he’d rather not get into.

you’ve got the whole of ubisoft at your disposal. subtly tweak the existing formula or radically overhaul the game, he’s not bothered, just make him a hit.

what do you do?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

There are some definitive improvements that I would like to see happen

- Remove modern day Layla/Desmond sections and act like they never happened

- Improvements to overall animations (NPC animations, cutscene animations). Up to the standard of TLOU preferably.

- Improvements to story and storytelling

- Make it a condensed 20-30 hour game instead of drawing it out to a 100 hours

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Bring back multiplayer. Battle Royale in Firenze.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Cancel this shithole series. Done.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

- Improvements to overall animations (NPC animations, cutscene animations). Up to the standard of TLOU preferably.

This is what first came to mind. Or start improving from ACU. ACs after that seem to have weird animations. Odyssey look the worst.

Yes, shorter but more memorable and higher quality main objectives.

I'm probably way out of touch with AC though. When I think of the new ones, I just think of tedium.

I would still understand if they prefer the AC systems in terms of objectives though.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Well, the most obvious thing to do first is to remove all the grind walls.

Instead of tech tree hidden behind tech tree, use something like the original Rainbow 6, Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell games where the player used a load-out prior to a mission, with upsides and downsides, with enforced limitations.

Secondly, make it like these games where combat is an option, but generally deterred. No more "press X to win" shit or lazily making difficulty through increased damage sponge enemies.

Something akin to an updated thief.

-

I'd take cue from Gothic as well. Do not empower, nor immediately empower the player where everything dwindles into the perfunctory and monotony.

Gothic made the player a nobody, easily destroyed in seconds with a gradual shift over the course of the game towards empowerment. For all Ubisofts graphical powerhouse, it was never as engaging of some Eurojank RPG from 2001.

If it's to use upgrades, simplify it to something like BOTW. Direct rewards for doing specific thing with no incremental shitty bar going up.

-

As mentioned above by our dearest of friends, make a game length that is justified. 20-30 hours sounds like the sweet spot.

Always never finish Ubisoft games, not out of difficulty or lack of time, but apathy setting in.

-

None of the staff sexually assaulted

-

No **** practices on top of that. Microtransactions, a document required for all the DLC shit, timed exclusive wank.

You see game, you buy game. Pretty fucking out there concept.

-

And yea, as above mentions either drastically improve the modern day sections or gut it out altogether. It's never been good.

-

Modding ability akin to Skyrim. No doubt have a ripple effect on the core game itself beside allowing users to tailor their experience.

Probably a bunch of other stuff missed people will bring up, but that's just top of me head.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Put the idea of original AC game and execute it better.

I mean AC could have been medieval Hitman as you are badass assasssin in big sandbox map and have to assassinate only target and exit. like Hitman do.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#8 madrocketeer  Online
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Cut the RPG and loot grind, return focus to stealth and stabbing, set the next game in feudal Japan, either cut out the sci-fi stuff entirely or play it up to eleven. If the latter, let's fight some alien robots or monsters, or anything more interesting than dudes in armours.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

time to see what the future looks like in AC.

climb to the top of a building?..no thanks i’ll use the rocket boosters on my back..and scan the area myself while i’m up there..so no need for a eagle...futuristic cities built amongst the rubble of what was.

flying vehicles,sex robots..and travel between earth and a huge city on the moon in a 150 hour long 4k/60 (series x)...(1800 on ps5) campaign that embarks the player to time travel to change events that threaten the very existence of the brotherhood

or some shit like that

HaH

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

I kill the franchise off and kill off the main character's in fact Thanos snaps em all away with his gauntlet, all the ezio's or assassin's or whatever there called just fade away into dust.

The assassin creed fans just don't care cuz the games were trash anyway.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@rzxv04: Unity was a big step up for the franchise. And so was Origins.

But after that all the core elements start to feel the same: the bow combat, melee combat, stealth combat... Nothing wrong with them but if you make more games on the basis of Origins you best make sure that the base gameplay is backed up by good story, memorable characters and powerful emotional moments.

I feel both Valhalla and Odyssey are lacking in these regards.

Every shop you enter in Valhalla the shopkeeper has this animation on a loop.

Whenenever Eivor is talking to someone and there is an emotional moment, his facial treats seem off somehow.

Moving over to TLOU II: If Ellie is in distress, you can turn the camera and tell from her facial anims what her current emotional state is.

It's not all wrong for AC but they need to refine and improve.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Get rid of the modern day stuff the characters are forgettable.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Jup remove the modern day shit, nobody cares about it.

Otherwise just keep doing what they are doing right now its solid. A bit more mythical stuff tho.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2031 Posts

@bluestars: you sound like you never played a great game for a while

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

@blamix:

just 100% cyberpunk on the one x.

but yea i have been slumming it in the 5 and 7 out of 10 scorings games like days gone and ghosts of tsunami.

if futuristic AC doesn’t cut the mustard then what about a Robin Hood AC?

huge forests,inhabited by the gang and sex robots,medieval towns,cities and villages riddled with pox,plague and crime...obviously it will have to keep the famous story but with a twist..maid marion is a sex robot....eh?..what you think?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

I probably want a tighter narrative based on real historical events like Ghost of Tsushima and sweet 30h to 40h content. I love the city building mechanics of Ass Creed games so I will expand it very deep, heck I will polish it to same level of main quest.

Also no fetch quest or trailing mission in side missions would be great.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

Just set it in Japan. I really don’t have any big issues with any of the other aspects of the games.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I have been wanting a feudal Japan style AC game for a while, Ghost of Tsushima shouldn't get mocked for making an AC game if Ubisoft won't even make it. But it wouldn't surprise me at all for Ubisoft to finally see something succeed then Ubisoft can jump on Ghost of Tsushima's coattails.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1237 Posts

Hated Origins.

Give the Unity formula another spin... I was thinking a remake of the 1st one with Unity's engine / gameplay would be interesting.

Cut out all the stupid tedious pointless "gameplay" like slowly following a friendly npc around. It should be a cutscene and a skippable one. Really the story should just be... here's a list of peeps, go kill them.

I agree with most of you, remove the modern element completely.

As far as setting .... I thought the Mediterranean could be interesting. Sailing between North Africa + Rome + Greece + maybe some Middle East as well. Might be a bit too ambitous though

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

I mean AC could have been medieval Hitman as you are badass assasssin in big sandbox map and have to assassinate only target and exit. like Hitman do.

Would be cool. Would be a comepletely different game though. And the masses just want the same thing again with a different skin, so it will never happen.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Macutchi

@uninspiredcup said:

No more "press X to win" shit

this would be one of the first things i'd look at.

i can generally take out an area of enemies in ac without every feeling like a master. it's a bit like going bowling with those inflatable buffers in the gutter. mostly just tag an enemy and wait above or in a bush and hold or press a button when prompted. i guess it gets a little bit trickier when there's a groupbut not by much.

the cool mechanics may be buried somewhere in the skill trees waiting to be unlocked, but i can never be bothered sticking around long enough to find out. there's some pretty basic shit locked behind grind walls from what i remember. if there are cool skills hidden away, they need to be brought to the surface and integrated into the core gameplay from the off

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Macutchi
@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Would be cool. Would be a comepletely different game though. And the masses just want the same thing again with a different skin, so it will never happen.

yeah the back-to-the-roots idea in principle sounds good. no open world just wide open sandbox levels, hitman and dishonored style.

but as you say, the question is how to tap into that formula and create mainstream appeal. which means there's got to be more than stealth, but how to gel action without it feeling shoehorned. there's got to be some middle ground

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Macutchi
@madrocketeer said:

Cut the RPG and loot grind, return focus to stealth and stabbing

@sakaixx said:

I probably want a tighter narrative based on real historical events like Ghost of Tsushima and sweet 30h to 40h content. I love the city building mechanics of Ass Creed games so I will expand it very deep, heck I will polish it to same level of main quest.

Also no fetch quest or trailing mission in side missions would be great.

these things too. but i'd take a tight, focused, well paced 15-20 hour campaign all day long

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

Hear me out! Assassin’s Creed: Dig Dug!

You no longer climb up things but you dig down! It will take this series in a completely different direction, down! Armed with your hidden blade pump, you’ll be spelunking and blowing up all manner of moles and weird dragon things!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Hmm, I'd hurry up and cancel it and get busy on something new, creative and compelling. :P

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Keep it the way it is, just so the people who don't play it on here can continue to bitch about all the things they hate about it LOL.

Currently playing Valhalla.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Keep it the way it is, just so the people who don't play it on here can continue to bitch about all the things they hate about it LOL.

Well when you got no exclusives on x-series x you play trash like assassin creed, xb1 owners did with unity too that there big console seller

$329 xb1 with unity and unbundled kinect this is all you got you take what you got.

If all you got is Grape juice you drink it like its grape flavored cough syrup it tastes like trash but what else you gonna do thats all you got.

Were playing demon souls were playing bowsers fury there playing unity. Like this guy. Its broken its trash thats what there going with.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@i_p_daily said:

Well when you got no exclusives on x-series x you play trash like assassin creed, xb1 owners did with unity too that there big console seller

$329 xb1 with unity and unbundled kinect this is all you got you take what you got.

If all you got is Grape juice you drink it like its grape flavored cough syrup it tastes like trash but what else you gonna do thats all you got.

Were playing demon souls were playing bowsers fury there playing unity. Like this guy. Its broken its trash thats what there going with.

Thanks for your bitching and thus proving my point.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7268 Posts

Change the name of Beyond Good and Evil 2 to Assassins Creed: Endgame or something, so Ubisoft will actually finish and release the thing.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Take all those people and make a NEW GAME.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Mexico of course !!! Prehispanic Mexico to be precise.

Would love to tackle the idea of an Assassin being recruited by the "conquistadores" in order to take on the savages in this new world they found. You would be able to infiltrate the cities as some sort of double agent while reporting to the Spanish people, doing missions, exploring cities and meeting characters on both sides.

As the story moves forward, you start to realice that this so called savages, are actually quite advanced in their own way, they are very spiritual, very noble and brave. On the other hand, the spanish start to give quests that always end up being cruel or just unfair for the natives.

In the end and as you may be guessing, is up to our Assassin to try to fix his mistakes and save this dying civilization before it's too late.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58304 Posts

Hmmm good question. I would:

• Add more stealth mechanics.
    • Add in a Splinter Cell/ Thief-style system of shadows and noise.
    • Make open combat more punishing to encourage stealth and ambush.
    • More Hitman-like "hiding in plain sight" opportunities.
  • Shrink the levels to about 1/4 the size they are now, but add some more verticality. Make more levels with diverse locations.
  • Plan on closing the series in three or so games. I'd have them travel to:
    • Ancient China.
    • Fuedal Japan, maybe around 1800 or during the Meiji restoration era when Samurai and guns and the West were colliding.
    • Finally, end it on a modern setting or new future.
  • Bring back more Isu stuff. I really liked that aspect of the games because it was so unifying to the whole series, to a point. I feel like that has been lost.
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Complete control? Cancel it.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Lol, this 😂

@mrbojangles25 said:

• Add more stealth mechanics.
    • Add in a Splinter Cell/ Thief-style system of shadows and noise.
    • Make open combat more punishing to encourage stealth and ambush.
    • More Hitman-like "hiding in plain sight" opportunities.

I can definitely get behind that, strengthening the stealth mechanics would make them better games imo.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Get rid of the whole animus storyline. It's crap and it needs to go.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Macutchi

@hardwenzen said:

i'd have thought given all the moaning you do about the game and ubisoft you'd be a great person to ask to fix it. that's the strategy 343 took with halo 4 and hired a load of people that didn't like halo with the idea they'd bring new innovation to the series, and look at how well that worked for them lol

@Archangel3371 said:

Just set it in Japan. I really don’t have any big issues with any of the other aspects of the games.

cmon arch there's got to be one or two things you'd shake up about the game surely?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

You're given complete creative control over the next Assassins Creed game

Its simple. I merge with Sucker Punch + Ubisoft and wit that, we make AC great again :P

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Well, I remember when the first one was coming out they went on and on in some interview about the inspirations they took from Thief - and then there wasn't an ounce of that to be seen. IMO, they went down the wrong path with the series entirely. Make it a serious stealth 'n assasinate game. All this unlock-the-map crap and bland world building with rpg-lite stuff could easily be ditched and surpassed by a more intimate, challenging, and immersive design philosophy built around a solid stealth core

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#40 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

But after that all the core elements start to feel the same: the bow combat, melee combat, stealth combat... Nothing wrong with them but if you make more games on the basis of Origins you best make sure that the base gameplay is backed up by good story, memorable characters and powerful emotional moments.

Whenenever Eivor is talking to someone and there is an emotional moment, his facial treats seem off somehow.

Moving over to TLOU II: If Ellie is in distress, you can turn the camera and tell from her facial anims what her current emotional state is.

I agree with this.

Valhalla is the first AC game I've played since the original. And I've played plenty of other games in between them, and to me Valhalla lacks polish and just heart. I'm enjoying it (Didn't pay $60 for it, got it on sale for $40) but compared to Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, Horizon, Nioh, and plenty of other games, Valhalla sticks out like a sore thumb in regards to animations, story, COMBAT, and just overall heart and effort from the devs.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 xantufrog  Moderator

@mrbojangles25: exactly this

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@madsnakehhh: that's a cool setting and theme.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 R4gn4r0k

@Star67 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

I agree with this.

Valhalla is the first AC game I've played since the original. And I've played plenty of other games in between them, and to me Valhalla lacks polish and just heart. I'm enjoying it (Didn't pay $60 for it, got it on sale for $40) but compared to Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, Horizon, Nioh, and plenty of other games, Valhalla sticks out like a sore thumb in regards to animations, story, COMBAT, and just overall heart and effort from the devs.

I like the overall mechanics, I mean they are fine just as they have been fine since AC: Origins.

The games before AC: Unity really suffered from having no dedicated stealth elements other than 'hiding in the bush'.

But yeah I feel that Valhalla could've been so much more when it comes to its story, characters and especially animations.

Sometimes the animations in story cutscenes are bad, sometimes they are laughable and most of the times I just feel Eivor is showing the wrong emotions or movements...

I'm still going to play more of this game, and I'm looking forward to the cool DLC showing historical moments for the vikings (siege of Paris). But yeah I really hope for massive improvements in the next AC games.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

@Macutchi: Sadly no.

It’s not like I’m necessarily opposed to them changing anything up in the franchise, it’s just that I kind of like what they’re doing with the games right. Of course it could just be that I’m too lazy to try and think of what they could do differently as well. 😅

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

What others have said before me:

• Remove the grind and get rid of all RPG elements
  • 20-25 hours of content
  • At least respect the name of the franchise and make the protagonist like an Assassin instead of Superman or whatever mythical creature they have now
  • Get rid of all the mythical elements
  • Get rid of Animus crap
  • Even if they want to encourage encounters over pure stealth than at least make it difficult and the combat interesting. No more automatic blocks, counter in the previous games or like the spongy enemies of the later RPG ACs
  • Remove the damn clutter and UI icons for every fucking thing. Make the UI as minimal as possible
  • Hell even get rid of open world completely and have levels like Hitman
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#46 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Changes I would make:

The story and setting is based on the actual historical Assassins.

The setting is the origin of the historical Assassins: medieval Persia.

The story is about a Persian prince raised by the Assassins.

The open world is removed and replaced with a tightly-designed linear game world.

The gameplay is a puzzle-platformer with stealth elements.

The title would be... Assassin Prince of Persia.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

@Jag85 said:

Changes I would make:

The story and setting is based on the actual historical Assassins.

The setting is the origin of the historical Assassins: medieval Persia.

The story is about a Persian prince raised by the Assassins.

The open world is removed and replaced with a tightly-designed linear game world.

The gameplay is a puzzle-platformer with stealth elements.

The title would be... Assassin Prince of Persia.

That too.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

I'd punch him in the face.

Wait.... what were we talking about???? I don't want to be associated with Ubi.

Fire all the higher-ups, dismantle Ubi and sell the Rayman franchise to some small no-name studio who likes the IP.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Well said. instead make a new Twisted Metal game.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#50 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

In general, I like the overall design of AC Valhalla, its just the execution that is lacking in some areas. It needs to be heavily edited (40 hours instead of 80), tighter combat, more engaging story with better pacing, variety and urgency, more interesting and tense stealth, smarter AI and less bugs.

I do like the Witcher 3-ish direction they've been going in, they just need to execute better.