your thoughts on your fav. current gen console so far?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

prodiqy32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 prodiqy32
Member since 2007 • 1624 Posts

mine is for the playstation 3.

i think its coming around. i didnt think the launch was as full of bad games as peeps were saying. (resistance, carbon, ridge racer, fight night, madden, COD3, project 8 was solid and oblivion and VF5 in the launch window) i did think the price was a bit high though.

the online update this month will put it on par with XBL (although i think its just as good already) and its still $50 less a year. the PSN has plenty of great games out like warhawk, tekken 5 dro, stardust ect. and plenty more coming with wipeout hd and socom. plus PS1 classics. devs are not restrained with what they can do like they are on XBL. ask epic games about the chance of unreal tourney r still being on 360. and yes, unreal is a big deal! the PSN servers are loaded.

and finally my thoughts on the exclusives. resistance, ratchet, uncharted, mlb the show, hot shots golf, heavenly sword, warhawk, motorstorm, and the incredible FI championship and all 7.5's or better on gamerankings.com and several are AAA on major game sites.

and the multiplats are getting better and looking better then the 360 counter parts. devil may cry 4, burnout paradise and COD4 has joined fight night rd. 3, oblivion, and dirt as games that are better on PS3. you could argue that full auto battlelines and ridge racer 7 are better then their 360 cousins because they are only pseudo sequels.

bottom line---it took awile but the PS3 is finally delievering and im happy with it. i give it an 8 out of 10 as of now.

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts

360, it has the best games, best online service, and a good line up IMO.

My brother had PS3, it was cool, resistance was good. He sold it though.

Oh, and COD4 doesn't look better on PS3.

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
360 because it has the best games, despite having poor hardware.
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
It kicks ass...b/c No More Heroes is like the best game this gen. :)
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

It kicks ass...b/c No More Heroes is like the best game this gen. :) majadamus

It sukz cuz itz nut exclusive.

Tykain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Tykain
Member since 2008 • 3887 Posts
PS3, simply because i like the ps3 exclusives more than 360/wii exclusives and it has reliable hardwares.
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
Wii....
therealmcc0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 therealmcc0y
Member since 2007 • 2115 Posts
Read the sig
Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts

PS3, simply because i like the ps3 exclusives more than 360/wii exclusives and it has reliable hardwares.Tykain

same here

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

to be honest.. i don't think in terms of consoles.. they all have their good and bad points.

i really think in terms of games.. and they have great games imo... so far i played my 360 the most.. but lately the ps3 has taken more of my time.. i switch a lot between consoles depending on what titles are out.

not to bash, but i actually played CoD4 on both consoles, and (while it looked virtaully the same on both) if you really started nitpicking, the 360 version was actually a bit better in texture sharpness... Dirt had better lighting, but the incar visuals were worse and there were some items left out of the surroundings (some trees, etc). Fight night had better cgaracter models, but the rest was worse, DMC4 was the same, though i actually think there was exra motion blurr in the PS3 version to hide the more appearent jaggies. Oblivion looks better on PS3. UT3 with mod-support. is great on PS3, i agree.

Burnout is another game were the differences are invisible, but yeah, i bought the ps3 version because of therported slighly more stable framerate.

just keeping things in perspective here...

bottom line, both have great games and great looking games.. i'm under theimpression that you just have a PS3 and that you just repeat things you read from a site that favoured the ps3, while not really comparing games for yourself.

prodiqy32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 prodiqy32

to be honest.. i don't think in terms of consoles.. they all have their good and bad points.

i really think in terms of games.. and they have great games imo... so far i played my 360 the most.. but lately the ps3 has taken more of my time.. i switch a lot between consoles depending on what titles are out.

not to bash, but i actually played CoD4 on both consoles, and (while it looked virtaully the same on both) if you really started nitpicking, the 360 version was actually a bit better in texture sharpness... Dirt had better lighting, but the incar visuals were worse and there were some items left out of the surroundings (some trees, etc). Fight night had better cgaracter models, but the rest was worse, DMC4 was the same, though i actually think there was exra motion blurr in the PS3 version to hide the more appearent jaggies. Oblivion looks better on PS3. UT3 with mod-support. is great on PS3, i agree.

Burnout is another game were the differences are invisible, but yeah, i bought the ps3 version because of therported slighly more stable framerate.

bottom line, both have great games and great looking games.. i'm under theimpression that you just have a PS3 and that you just repeat things you read from a site that favoured the ps3, while not really comparing games for yourself.

Always-Honest
i see your point, im going with the majority even though i dont agree with some of it. the COD4 thing is real close.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Wii is my only console atm, so ill just talk about that.

I've got a lot of titles for it, and i love the thing. Great games -- a lot of unique experiences like trauma centers, endless ocean, no more heroes and zack and wiki. Limited online, but it doesnt really matter for me, i dont play online games all too much. I love the interent browser, but im also tired of poor third party efforts.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Always-Honest
[QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

prodiqy32

i see your point, im going with the majority even though i dont agree with some of it. the COD4 thing is real close.

yeah,real close.. to close to even talk about. but i agree. the ps3 has great games and more (and better) are coming.

prodiqy32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 prodiqy32
when will the PS3 start getting the better multiplats no ?'s asked, or will they?
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

Mine is Playstation 3. Why?

The simple promise of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots makes it the best damn console ever.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts
xbox 360, best games, best online....and best controller....and im just comfortable with 360 more then ps3
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

I have a tie:
Playstation 3 - Good games out (I own a ton all ready), best controller (dual shock 3 sixaxis), best b/c (60gb edition), free online, some dedicated servers (only console service featuring some games with dedicated), bit older community (maybe price has something to do with that?), 3/4 games I'm insanely hyped for are ps3e (White Knight Chronicles, Disgaea 3, Valkyrie Of The Battlefield), good multimedia capabilities (streaming music/video, watching br movies), built in wifi (since I'm on a wireless network, this is a good thing), ability to copy saves over (for games like fire pro returns, this is important, I don't want to make 400 CAWs before playing, lol), stable hardware.

&

Wii - Most pure "fun" I've had with a console this gen, lots of easy pick up and play games, my gf loves it, great hardcore line up (trauma center, no more heroes, smg, brawl), best download service (Virtual Console/WiiWare), stable hardware, great customer service, the other game I'm hyped for (Tales Of Symphonia 2), fantastic local multiplayer.

web966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 web966
Member since 2005 • 11654 Posts
Its my favorite.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Always-Honest

when will the PS3 start getting the better multiplats no ?'s asked, or will they?prodiqy32

well, it's an advantage if the console is the lead console for development.. but most multi plats will be very close.. why would they make one version better?.... the exclusives is where the consoles will shine truly i think.

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts

I have a tie:
Playstation 3 - Good games out (I own a ton all ready), best controller (dual shock 3 sixaxis), best b/c (60gb edition), free online, some dedicated servers (only console service featuring some games with dedicated), bit older community (maybe price has something to do with that?), 3/4 games I'm insanely hyped for are ps3e (White Knight Chronicles, Disgaea 3, Valkyrie Of The Battlefield), good multimedia capabilities (streaming music/video, watching br movies), built in wifi (since I'm on a wireless network, this is a good thing), ability to copy saves over (for games like fire pro returns, this is important, I don't want to make 400 CAWs before playing, lol), stable hardware.

&

Wii - Most pure "fun" I've had with a console this gen, lots of easy pick up and play games, my gf loves it, great hardcore line up (trauma center, no more heroes, smg, brawl), best download service (Virtual Console/WiiWare), stable hardware, great customer service, the other game I'm hyped for (Tales Of Symphonia 2), fantastic local multiplayer.

Andrew_Xavier
Some wii games have dedicated servers. And so does 360.
Miss_Wacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Miss_Wacy
Member since 2007 • 1911 Posts
ps3, reliable hardware, has the winning movie format in, has everything i need built in (wifi etc), i enjoy the exclusives more, has a great line up this year :D
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts
[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

I have a tie:

&

EuroMafia

Some wii games have dedicated servers. And so does 360.

Name 1 on each.

Sherpico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sherpico
Member since 2006 • 6805 Posts
Best Exclusives, Glossy & Sexy, Won't burn your house down.