Your thoughts on iterative vs true generation Consoles?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@pinkanimal said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@pinkanimal said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@pinkanimal said:

@kuu2: Well Sony is kicking ass this gen while MS is doing pathetic, worse than last gen and that doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon so your wishes of luck are misplaced...

thats a s*itty way of looking at it....

"They are more popular with worse-consumor business models... lets praise them!"

Who says they are worse? They have provided much better and many more games this gen than Microsoft. Why would a gaming company like Microsoft that seems to be clueless and give a **** about supporting/creating/promoting games be best for gamers? Give me a break.

Because the PC/Mobile format of software eco systems is far better for the consumor? nothing to do with Microsoft in that case.

Typical Japanese company riding their brand while falling behind in modern developments.

LMFAO! Are you saying Japan is behind in mobile?? Japan was one of the pioneers of mobile technology and they still are up front.

strictly talking the gaming industry, nothing more, nothing less, but you already knew that, if negative critism of sony hurts you that much, then your in the wrong place.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:
@pinkanimal said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@pinkanimal said:
@MBirdy88 said:

"They are more popular with worse-consumor business models... lets praise them!"

Who says they are worse? They have provided much better and many more games this gen than Microsoft. Why would a gaming company like Microsoft that seems to be clueless and give a **** about supporting/creating/promoting games be best for gamers? Give me a break.

Because the PC/Mobile format of software eco systems is far better for the consumor? nothing to do with Microsoft in that case.

Typical Japanese company riding their brand while falling behind in modern developments.

LMFAO! Are you saying Japan is behind in mobile?? Japan was one of the pioneers of mobile technology and they still are up front.

strictly talking the gaming industry, nothing more, nothing less, but you already knew that, if negative critism of sony hurts you that much, then your in the wrong place.

Lol you're an idiot who doesn't know what you're talking about. "Falling behind on modern developments" while Japanese companies have the most critically acclaimed games this month and Sony has VR while MS had to cancel Kinect this gen lol. Get a clue.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@pinkanimal said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@pinkanimal said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@pinkanimal said:

Lol you're an idiot who doesn't know what you're talking about. "Falling behind on modern developments" while Japanese companies have the most critically acclaimed games this month and Sony has VR while MS had to cancel Kinect this gen lol. Get a clue.

so that makes it ok to be behind in the iterative device space?

ok pal... keep sucking that Sony D.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@pinkanimal said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@pinkanimal said:
@MBirdy88 said:

Qualcomm (US) has significant market share with Android based phones while Apple has iOS and their iPhone/iPad/iPod hardware. Sony uses American Qualcomm SoCs with their flagship Android phones.

Qualcomm has recently taken-over EU's NXP. NXP has FreeScale's PowerPC which is important for the defense industries.

The best Japanese semiconductor company is Toshiba with 9th place.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:
@pinkanimal said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@pinkanimal said:

Pinkanimal's claim on "Japan was one of the pioneers of mobile technology and they still are up front" is BS.

Japan has problems with transitioning from non-digital mobile device leadership to digital mobile device leadership. Japan Inc's TRON (Japanese OS) and SuperH (Japanese RISC CPU) projects are failures.

I'll take on Pinkanimal's pro-Japanese arguments.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

Japan was the first country to launch 1G network, but most of the mobile networking techonoly is not from Japan, but northern europe and US, saying they were one of the pioneers of mobile techonoly isn't wrong tho.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@lhughey said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

The console space is becoming a mess. Glad I'm a PC gamer.

But the console space is becoming a lot like the PC market, particularly with the Xbox. Developers can compile their game for low, medium or high specs and gamers can run it on the Xbone, XboneS or XboneX. Thats a lot like the PC approach to development. I'm guessing you're thinking of things from a different perspective. I'd be interested in hearing what you were thinking when you made your post.

Yeah, it's "sort" of becoming like PC where you have to keep buying hardware to get the best, however, you still can't get the best. You are still stuck in 30 fps for many games, and you are still stuck with whatever options they may or may not give you. You have a couple more choices, but they aren't necessarily better choices, just kind of an illusion of choice with a slightly higher resolution. Meanwhile, you still have to pay for online, and the price has been steadily increasing every year.

When I said it's become a mess, I kind of meant for the beginning of this gen. At least last gen, I could still get online for free with the PS3 and Wii U.