Your thoughts and predictions for upcoming Xbox X018 Event?

• 154 results
#101 Posted by rzxv04 (281 posts) -

I think the deal as was funny.

100 Off 1X seem nice.

Is there a day 2?

#102 Posted by Pedro (32072 posts) -

Meh! Show but the core details were solid. Glad they are bringing all of the Final Fantasy games to the Xbox. What would be even better if Xbox Play Anywhere support for these games.

#103 Posted by xhawk27 (10884 posts) -

@mowgly1 said:

Show was bad. Really! Reading on ERA.....LOL

Sure salty! 😂

#104 Posted by robert_sparkes (1755 posts) -

Who expected this event to deliver had so little faith I forgot to even stream it. It's as I expected ms are sleep walking into next generation.

#105 Posted by xhawk27 (10884 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Funny how no one bothered even making a live thread. Oh well. Crackdown 3 MP downgraded as hell, not even surprised.

At least it's coming unlike you fools saying it wouldn't. Also that mode has full destruction that no other game has ever done.

#106 Posted by Boycie (4594 posts) -

When’s Sony’s show, don’t they usually have an event?

#107 Posted by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

@boycie said:

You forgot to add this lol

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#108 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (3290 posts) -
@xhawk27 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Funny how no one bothered even making a live thread. Oh well. Crackdown 3 MP downgraded as hell, not even surprised.

At least it's coming unlike you fools saying it wouldn't. Also that mode has full destruction that no other game has ever done.

This fool has never heard of Red Faction games.

#109 Posted by xhawk27 (10884 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@boycie said:

You forgot to add this lol

It was so boring they cancelled it! 🤣

#110 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (3290 posts) -
@boycie said:

They had a thing in Madrid. If there's anything to learn from this, don't hold a show if you really don't have anything to reveal.

#111 Posted by cainetao11 (35689 posts) -

@boycie said:

@BenjaminBanklin: ‘code slaves’...

LMAO like I said in the other thread, the usual people will not be happy no matter what. Years of "They need to build a first party" and now they have a 13 studio one and its still hate LOL I love it!

#112 Posted by BigBadBully (2018 posts) -

Just glad to see that Crackdown 3 will have the full on destruction in multiplayer. Looks like they expanded on it with the abilities and game modes. Originally was just going to be 5v5 and had to take down the other teams Agency Tower.

#113 Posted by xhawk27 (10884 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@xhawk27 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

I think the scale of it will be more massive in Crackdown 3 wrecking zone. It will use the power of the cloud after all. So who is the fool now? 😆

#114 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (3290 posts) -
@cainetao11 said:
@boycie said:

LMAO like I said in the other thread, the usual people will not be happy no matter what. Years of "They need to build a first party" and now they have a 13 studio one and its still hate LOL I love it!

You are STILL waiting on games. That's what events like this one are supposed to be for. Showing SOMETHING! Give people something to like.

#115 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (3290 posts) -
@xhawk27 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@xhawk27 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

I think the scale of it will be more massive in Crackdown 3 wrecking zone. It will use the power of the cloud after all. So who is the fool now? 😆

You do know Wrecking Zone is just an arena mode, right? This game did full destruction last gen, and no one made a big deal of it. So, yes, still the fool.

#116 Posted by xhawk27 (10884 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@cainetao11 said:
@boycie said:

You are STILL waiting on games. That's what events like this one are supposed to be for. Showing SOMETHING! Give people something to like.

No that is what E3 is for. Sure MS could have done it like Sony and show game CGI trailers of games that are years away from releasing.

#117 Posted by xhawk27 (10884 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@xhawk27 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@xhawk27 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

You do know Wrecking Zone is just an arena mode, right? This game did full destruction last gen, and no one made a big deal of it. So, yes, still the fool.

That isn't fully dynamic destruction like in Crackdown 3 wrecking zone. Nope you are the fool.

#118 Posted by Archangel3371 (26440 posts) -

I just started watching the show and I’m really looking forward to seeing some of the stuff that others have already mentioned were shown.

#119 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (3290 posts) -
@xhawk27 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@cainetao11 said:
@boycie said:

No that is what E3 is for. Sure MS could have done it like Sony and show game CGI trailers of games that are years away from releasing.

No, that's what events like this are for. Why waste two hours of people's time otherwise? They have a game that's coming up next year they could have shown off. A little title, like, oh say, Gears of War 5? I sure would have liked to seen something for that, Good god. There's nothing worth damage controlling here.

#120 Posted by ProtossRushX (4709 posts) -
@Archangel3371 said:

I just started watching the show and I’m really looking forward to seeing some of the stuff that others have already mentioned were shown.

the show sucked man panda's for minecraft a bunch of other crap we've all seen before

#121 Posted by getyeryayasout (11904 posts) -

I liked what was shown for Crackdown 3, that was about it.

#122 Edited by xhawk27 (10884 posts) -

@ProtossRushX said:
@Archangel3371 said:

the show sucked man panda's for minecraft a bunch of other crap we've all seen before

It's a fan-feast not E3 part two. Where is Sony's PSX surely they could show more trailers.

#123 Edited by BenjaminBanklin (3290 posts) -
@xhawk27 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@xhawk27 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@xhawk27 said:

That isn't fully dynamic destruction like in Crackdown 3 wrecking zone. Nope you are the fool.

I guess. Yet it still manages to look more impressive than what CD3 is doing. But, hey, don't let me take away from your good time in arena Jenga.

#124 Posted by Archangel3371 (26440 posts) -

@ProtossRushX: Well I already liked what I’ve seen on Crackdown 3. So far, so good.

#125 Posted by rzxv04 (281 posts) -

Does crackdown 3 destroy the ground where I can dynamically create a huge crater like 5 people deep?

Did some programmers patent hoard red faction class of destructibility? That's even a last gen title. :(

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#126 Posted by Blackhairedhero (2351 posts) -

There was no reason to have a show this year if that's all they had. That was pitiful and reminded me of Sonys event last year.

#127 Posted by ellos (1707 posts) -

@Archangel3371 said:

@ProtossRushX: Well I already liked what I’ve seen on Crackdown 3. So far, so good.

Me too I think it showed very well at this event.

#128 Posted by BigBadBully (2018 posts) -

Just read windows gaming central impressions. Cloud based destruction is real and the game was running on public and not internal network. Main take away is that it works, og xbox up to x1x. The negative, crackdown 3 multiplayer might not have the depth but future games tapping into cloud based processing to enrich games is viable and will be exciting to see it grow with use for future games.

Going with EA's Project Atlas, should be exciting years ahead as devs have more tools available to them and use cloud based processing to enhance games with more features/etc.....

#129 Posted by Archangel3371 (26440 posts) -

@ellos: Yeah it looks pretty fun to play.

Anyway I have about another 20 minutes left in the show. I thought it was a pretty good show. Some cool stuff in some games like Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves, Kingdom Hearts 3, Just Cause 4, and Devil May Cry 5. The features in the Razer keyboard for the Xbox One sound pretty cool and I may just end up getting a keyboard and mouse to play some games on my Xbox One.

#130 Posted by kenshiro3948 (371 posts) -

The announcements they had here didn't need a 2 hour conference. Shit was boring to watch.

They could have released Crackdown 3 trailer on YT and announced buying Obsidian on Twitter. They need to organize themselves better with these events.

#131 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (17947 posts) -

Solid show... about what I expected. I think some people were expecting too much from this (like Halo Infinite gameplay, new studios' games, even Scarlet info etc - which was never going to happen. That's for E3).

#132 Posted by Archangel3371 (26440 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01: Yeah it was pretty much what I expected as well. I enjoyed watching it and felt that there was some cool stuff shown and announced.

#133 Posted by rzxv04 (281 posts) -

@BigBadBully said:

Just read windows gaming central impressions. Cloud based destruction is real and the game was running on public and not internal network. Main take away is that it works, og xbox up to x1x. The negative, crackdown 3 multiplayer might not have the depth but future games tapping into cloud based processing to enrich games is viable and will be exciting to see it grow with use for future games.

Going with EA's Project Atlas, should be exciting years ahead as devs have more tools available to them and use cloud based processing to enhance games with more features/etc.....

https://www.windowscentral.com/crackdown-3-multiplayer-preview-cloud-combat-and-concerns

They said up to a dozen xb1s.

I'm kinda looking forward to a new traditional lock on game.

I still can't see how the Xbox One couldn't have done this MP's physics without the cloud let alone the 1X. The environments are sterile and it looks like a next gen Red Faction with better gameplay as far as destruction goes.

Author was talking about hundreds of AI for future games. I think that can showcase the cloud. I hundreds of AI in the small demo slice in that link.

Sadly, no direct comparison can probably be made for current gen physics destruction. Does CD3 even have any current gen competiton for this?

#134 Edited by cainetao11 (35689 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@cainetao11 said:
@boycie said:

How am I waiting? FH4 just released and RDR2 will tie me up until 2019. I don't zip through games because I do other things in life, nor need 12 first party per year because GAMES are what I play. Not just exclusives LOL Especially when the exclusives aren't all what I like.

No, that's what events like this are for. Why waste two hours of people's time otherwise? They have a game that's coming up next year they could have shown off. A little title, like, oh say, Gears of War 5? I sure would have liked to seen something for that, Good god. There's nothing worth damage controlling here.

Why did you watch? We all know your agenda. There wasn't going to be anything for you in this weekend, so why watch? And who the fvck are you to tell anyone what their show is for? LMAO you got a helluva self centerdness about yourself LOL

You live this shit, don't you HAHAHAHA.

#135 Edited by mowgly1 (1131 posts) -

@kenshiro3948:

Correct. Boring as crap.

#136 Posted by cainetao11 (35689 posts) -

@getyeryayasout said:

I liked what was shown for Crackdown 3, that was about it.

it was a holiday commercial for game pass.

but the studios keep coming so content will.

#137 Posted by robert_sparkes (1755 posts) -

The event was pretty pointless could have been inside Xbox and nobody would have said anything. The only positive is concrete crackdown 3 donor should come march.

#138 Edited by Shewgenja (20821 posts) -

Question: Did they show Crackdown 3 MP, finally?

#139 Posted by sealionact (3232 posts) -

@robert_sparkes: Let's be honest. This sideshow event had more content than Sony's E3. Cows won't admit it of course, but watching herds of cattle being shunted around different rooms to watch trailers of games they already knew about was ..... Underwhelming.

#140 Posted by getyeryayasout (11904 posts) -

@Shewgenja: https://youtu.be/8RzHPAI1pGI

Looks fun to me.

#141 Posted by getyeryayasout (11904 posts) -

@cainetao11: It really did seem like a bit of a late night info-mercial.

#142 Posted by Dagubot (1017 posts) -
@cainetao11 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@cainetao11 said:
@boycie said:

How am I waiting? FH4 just released and RDR2 will tie me up until 2019. I don't zip through games because I do other things in life, nor need 12 first party per year because GAMES are what I play. Not just exclusives LOL Especially when the exclusives aren't all what I like.

Why did you watch? We all know your agenda. There wasn't going to be anything for you in this weekend, so why watch? And who the fvck are you to tell anyone what their show is for? LMAO you got a helluva self centerdness about yourself LOL

Regardless, at the end of the day here in System Wars; no matter what Microsoft shows, it will get trashed because it's Microsoft; plain and simple. Been like this since the start of the gen with the horrendous Xbox One reveal with Don Mattrick. Majority of cows just hate Microsoft no matter what they do, no matter how much Phil Spencer does, and IF Microsoft showed something that was worthwhile; cows will just spew "not an exclusive cause I'll play it on PC"...lmao.

#143 Posted by Shewgenja (20821 posts) -

@getyeryayasout said:

@Shewgenja: https://youtu.be/8RzHPAI1pGI

Looks fun to me.

Needs vehicles, but looks fun! Should be a romp.

#144 Posted by General_Solo76 (492 posts) -

Uneventful and boring are two words that come to mind. I’m not sure what the point of this event was.

#145 Posted by kenshiro3948 (371 posts) -
@general_solo76 said:

Uneventful and boring are two words that come to mind. I’m not sure what the point of this event was.

Me neither. They didn't need a two hour even for the announcements. All the announcements could have been made on Twitter or a small Inside Xbox event.

They just got everyone hyped for nothing. I was believing some of the rumors that they had big announcements to make like Fable or a new Splinter Cell, nothing materialized. It was just one big Game Pass ad. At least Sony had the decency to cancel their event when they realized they didn't have anything to show. MS decided to go forward with their event and ended up wasting most people's time. They really need to organize themselves better, this aren't they type of moves I expect from a big company like MS.

#146 Posted by BigBadBully (2018 posts) -

Fortune Island DLC for Forza Horizon 4 looked great, cross country/dirt racing is going to be brutally fun on that island. Gamepass getting even better with 3rd party support State of Decay 2 getting a free update, Sea of Thieves Arena looks good if you dont want to sink time in adventure mode.

For the 2hrs. Lots of info was crammed in, Mexico was really hype. Oh and the razer mouse/keyboard was cool. Guess will come in handy for all the rpgs coming.

#147 Edited by cainetao11 (35689 posts) -

@getyeryayasout said:

@cainetao11: It really did seem like a bit of a late night info-mercial.

totally.

#148 Edited by BenjaminBanklin (3290 posts) -
@cainetao11 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@cainetao11 said:
@boycie said:

I know you're not waiting on games, because you've been playing Playstation. As someone who's such a pundit for Xbox, that is an admittance of defeat on your end, so I don't even know what you're bawling about. You know Microsoft can't provide all the time, so stop leaning on the "but I really don't need video games all the time" lame ass defense that comes straight out of the Xbot playbook.

What do you mean why did I watch? The same reason everyone one else watched, to see if they had something new. They hyped this show up to have some big announcements, and they never came. I wanted to see something for Gears, and maybe the new Ninja Theory project. Something! Everything here could have been announced in press releases. Studio acquisitions announced at the tail end of gaming shows are a terrible reason to hold two hour conferences.

It was a big commercial for Game Pass. And that's lame as shit. So many other Xbox gamers thought this conference was lame because of the hype that proceeded it. You don't have to damage control everything..Like I say, you've been the exact reason that MS keeps doing dog-and-pony show shit with no substance to try and maintain relevance because people like you will defend them to the end.

#149 Edited by tubbyc (3993 posts) -

Yeah I thought they might have a bit more, but it was weaker than I thought it would be, and the audience made it hard sometimes to hear/focus on what the presenters were saying because they wouldn't STFU.

#150 Posted by cainetao11 (35689 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@cainetao11 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@cainetao11 said:
@boycie said:

I know you're not waiting on games, because you've been playing Playstation. As someone who's such a pundit for Xbox, that is an admittance of defeat on your end, so I don't even know what you're bawling about. You know Microsoft can't provide all the time, so stop leaning on the "but I really don't need video games all the time" lame ass defense that comes straight out of the Xbot playbook.

What do you mean why did I watch? The same reason everyone one else watched, to see if they had something new. They hyped this show up to have some big announcements, and they never came. I wanted to see something for Gears, and maybe the new Ninja Theory project. Something! Everything here could have been announced in press releases. Studio acquisitions announced at the tail end of gaming shows are a terrible reason to hold two hour conferences.

It was a big commercial for Game Pass. And that's lame as shit. So many other Xbox gamers thought this conference was lame because of the hype that proceeded it. You don't have to damage control everything..Like I say, you've been the exact reason that MS keeps doing dog-and-pony show shit with no substance to try and maintain relevance because people like you will defend them to the end.

What am I playing on PS4? Spiderman Im done with, same with GoW.

Have at it buddy.