Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46226 Posts

Sony is increasing prices for PS5 in select markets

It's only a matter of time now before Microsoft, Nintendo, AMD and Nvidia will start doing the same.

Thanks Winnie the pooh flu, thanks tsar with massive Napoleon complex.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#2 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17803 Posts

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@BassMan: We are the lucky ones bro.

I'm planning on selling my potato PC next year for $10.000 to make due, what about you?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts

Usually, electronics go down in price. Some of those prices are just... why not just get a PC?

I'm lucky that I don't give any form of shit about PS5. Expensive and hard to get. Ugly as sin too.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 R4gn4r0k

@Litchie said:

Usually, electronics go down in price.. Some of those prices are just... why not just get a PC?

I'm lucky that I don't give any form of shit about PS5. Expensive and hard to get.

PC is good atm because you can actually get hardware, half a year ago you could barely get a new CPU or GPU.

But when the new 4000 series comes around you'll not be able to get one as they'll roll off the factory right in the hands of scalpers and miners.

Everything is limited edition these days.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Litchie

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Litchie said:

Usually, electronics go down in price.. Some of those prices are just... why not just get a PC?

I'm lucky that I don't give any form of shit about PS5. Expensive and hard to get.

PC is good atm because you can actually get hardware, half a year ago you could barely get a new CPU or GPU.

But when the new 4000 series comes around you'll not be able to get one as they'll roll off the factory right in the hands of scalpers and miners.

Everything is limited edition these days.

I consider buying a new GPU that just hit the market stupid as ****. So I'm good on that front.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R4gn4r0k

@Litchie said:

I consider buying a new GPU that just hit the market stupid as ****. So I'm good on that front.

I'm very happy there is stuff like DLSS and FSR, it gives a lot of performance to (both newer and) older cards.

Also I bought a new card to max out games like Stalker 2, COH 3 or Avatar... but of course none of these games have released yet :p

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#8  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17803 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

@BassMan: We are the lucky ones bro.

I'm planning on selling my potato PC next year for $10.000 to make due, what about you?

I will have to sell my PS5 at a profit soon since all the Sony games are coming to PC.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#9 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1244 Posts

Looks like we're still safe. I hope if Sony does release a pro/slim model, it won't cost 800 bucks

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Litchie

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Litchie said:

I'm very happy there is stuff like DLSS and FSR, it gives a lot of performance to (both newer and) older cards.

Also I bought a new card to max out games like Stalker 2, COH 3 or Avatar... but of course none of these games have released yet :p

Absolutely, new tech is nice. I just mean that whenever a new card is released, it costs a kidney. Instead of buying that, you can get the second newest card that is only slightly worse, for way less money. Which means buying the newest = very little gain for a huge price, which = dumb.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23903 Posts

Yeah, inflation is gonna hit gaming hard. We may see games go up in price soon as well.

And then there is the microchip shortage, which may be eschalated due to recent Chinese belligerence. But we will see, China has had a history of having empty threats. Hope Taiwan the main manufacturer of microchips stays safe.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 R4gn4r0k

@Maroxad said:

Yeah, inflation is gonna hit gaming hard. We may see games go up in price soon as well.

And then there is the microchip shortage, which may be eschalated due to recent Chinese belligerence. But we will see, China has had a history of having empty threats. Hope Taiwan the main manufacturer of microchips stays safe.

All on this on top of already $70 games, already $120 dollar deluxe editions and insanely expensive microtransactions to have an inkling of fun in your game.

**** all these nationalistic situations having an impact on a global economy.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k
@pclover1980 said:

Looks like we're still safe. I hope if Sony does release a pro/slim model, it won't cost 800 bucks

The R&D for new consoles is already well underway for next console models, but it'll be hard to making these more efficient chips for slim/pro models and get enough of them out there.

I'm confident the current situation has already impacted Nintendo's next model as well. They may go for an easier to produce chip over a more powerful one.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R4gn4r0k

@Litchie said:

I used to buy mid end cards, then moved on to the high end cards to power a high refresh rate, and high resolution monitor.

But for next generations, after skipping the next few, I'll go back to mid and low end for that price/performance sweetspot.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@pclover1980 said:

The R&D for new consoles is already well underway for next console models, but it'll be hard to making these more efficient chips for slim/pro models and get enough of them out there.

I'm confident the current situation has already impacted Nintendo's next model as well. They may go for an easier to produce chip over a more powerful one.

Only one company seems to be good at efficiency, too bad they will never do a deal with Sony/MS/Nintendo.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45089 Posts

Still a better bang for your buck than PC.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Not with those game prices and subscriptions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-642321fb121ca

£30 increase? Piss off Sony, piss off to all to be honest. I'll laugh at the price of Nvidia and AMD soon.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

They're not known worldwide as Phony, the one and only, for nuttin ya know. :P

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SolidGame_basic
@Juub1990 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Not with those game prices and subscriptions.

PC has the same prices. Modern Warfare 2 is $70 on PC, Final Fantasy 7 Remake is $70.

PC is all digital, so it’s a dead cost. On console, I can buy physical, trade in, lend, and sell.

And subscriptions are now not bang for your buck? You’re not making any sense lol.

And please tell me where you can buy a comparable PC with a UHD drive and controller for that price.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Juub1990
@SolidGame_basic said:

PC has the same prices. Modern Warfare 2 is $70 on PC, Final Fantasy 7 Remake is $70.

PC is all digital, so it’s a dead cost. On console, I can buy physical, trade in, lend, and sell.

And subscriptions are now not bang for your buck? You’re not making any sense lol.

And please tell me where you can buy a comparable PC with a UHD drive and controller for that price.

Oh, please. You can find games for less than the MSRP on day 1 on PC. PS digital is constrained to the PS store 90% of the time with barely better prices elsewhere.

Paying to play online isn't bang for your buck, don't be ridiculous. Furthermore, Game Pass is a far better deal than whatever garbage Sony is trying to sell you. Those costs add up fast.

$70 for FF7, my ass. It can be found for $55.

Here

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 R4gn4r0k

@Random_Matt said:

Only one company seems to be good at efficiency, too bad they will never do a deal with Sony/MS/Nintendo.

You mean Nvidia?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-642321fb121ca

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Random_Matt said:

You mean Nvidia?

Apple actually, their M chips are the benchmark for SOC. Love to see it in the Switch to be honest.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SolidGame_basic
@Juub1990 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Oh, please. You can find games for less than the MSRP on day 1 on PC. PS digital is constrained to the PS store 90% of the time with barely better prices elsewhere.

Paying to play online isn't bang for your buck, don't be ridiculous. Furthermore, Game Pass is a far better deal than whatever garbage Sony is trying to sell you. Those costs add up fast.

$70 for FF7, my ass. It can be found for $55.

Here

It launched at $70, that’s indisputable. But you’re so far removed from reality, I’m not surprised you didn’t know that.

You can get discounts on console games at launch too. But you’re so far removed from reality, I’m not surprised you didn’t know that.

PS+ isn’t just online access. You get games and exclusive discounts, it more than pays for itself. And if you don’t want to pay full price, just wait for a sale. It regularly gets discounted to $40. For $40 a year, you’re getting 2-3 games a month, plus discounts.

So you admit that subscriptions are not a rip off, congrats.

Oh, and I’m still waiting for you to provide a comparable PC with UHD and controller at that price.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11082 Posts

@pclover1980 said:

The LAST thing Sony needs to make is a Pro version right now. The regular model is already breaking the bank. Yikes

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13663 Posts

Market leader prerogative to abuse their market. Sony consoles usually, drop price the slowest, but, it's a whole new thing to actually increase the price. XD

"For the gamers by the gamers" My ass.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Juub1990
@SolidGame_basic said:

It launched at $70, that’s indisputable. But you’re so far removed from reality, I’m not surprised you didn’t know that.

You can get discounts on console games at launch too. But you’re so far removed from reality, I’m not surprised you didn’t know that.

PS+ isn’t just online access. You get games and exclusive discounts, it more than pays for itself. And if you don’t want to pay full price, just wait for a sale. It regularly gets discounted to $40. For $40 a year, you’re getting 2-3 games a month, plus discounts.

Oh, and I’m still waiting for you to provide a comparable PC with UHD and controller at that price.

Don't care at what price it launched. You claimed it's $70 when it's not unless you're an idiot.

Lol at getting deals on console games at launch. Where the heck do you get them? Retailers sure as hell ain't giving you discounts and neither is PSN so where are these magical deals you get day 1? because on PC whether it's GMG, CD Keys, or the millions of websites, it's easy as hell to get massive discounts even on pre-orders sometimes.

See that? That's how much I paid for Cyberpunk 1 month before it even came out (so before the price even tanked because it turned out to be shit). $55.69 CAD ($43 USD) with taxes whereas on consoles it was $90 CAD or $70 USD with taxes. You don't find those deals on consoles, don't lie.

You're not getting a damn thing unless you keep paying for PS Plus so don't lie about that either. The moment you stop paying, you lose access to those games. The PS plus subscription is a rip-off. Not only do you not pay a penny on PC, you also actually got free games. I got over 100 games on the Epic Store that I didn't pay a penny for. The entire Batman Arkham collection, Borderlands 2, A Plague's Tale: Innocence, Control, the entire Tomb Raider collection, and a ton more and I get to keep those.

Don't care about your controller. I don't game on that.

Filthy liar.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5870 Posts

Sony increased game cost to $70 biggest competitor didn't

I wouldn't assume Microsoft would increase the cost now but I'm happy to wait and see before claiming Sony are just greedy.

Cost's are going up all over, all the companies need to do is show the reasons why. But when you see massive profits its hard to say its anything else but pure greed and anti gamer.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Market leader prerogative to abuse their market. Sony consoles usually, drop price the slowest, but, it's a whole new thing to actually increase the price. XD

Gaming isn't a charity. Companies have employees to pay and investors to keep happy. I'm sure Nintendo with their 60 dollar 5 year old games are treating us better.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SolidGame_basic
@Juub1990 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Don't care at what price it launched. You claimed it's $70 when it's not unless you're an idiot.

Lol at getting deals on console games at launch. Where the heck do you get them? Retailers sure as hell ain't giving you discounts and neither is PSN so where are these magical deals you get day 1? because on PC whether it's GMG, CD Keys, or the millions of websites, it's easy as hell to get massive discounts even on pre-orders.

See that? That's how much I paid for Cyberpunk 1 month before it even came out (so before the price even tanked because it turned out to be shit). $55.69 CAD ($43 USD) with taxes whereas on consoles it was $90 CAD or $70 USD with taxes. You don't find those deals on consoles, don't lie.

You're not getting a damn thing unless you keep paying for PS Plus so don't lie about that either. The moment you stop paying, you lose access to those games. The PS plus subscription is a rip-off. Not only do you not pay a penny on PC, you also actually got free games. I got over 100 games on the Epic Store that I didn't pay a penny for. The entire Batman Arkham collection, Borderlands 2, A Plague's Tale: Innocence, Control, the entire Tomb Raider collection, and a ton more and I get to keep those.

Don't care about your controller. I don't game on that.

Filthy liar.

Dude, FF7 Remake is also cheaper now on console. You are so far removed from reality someone has to explain to you that games get cheaper after launch 🤣 by the way, you’re totaling missing the point. $70 games are on PC too, get over it and stop playing dumb.

How would you know what console games cost at launch? You are so far removed from reality you wouldn’t know. I’ve been a console gamer, I get discounts on preorders and games all the time.

You just praised GamePass, which literally does not give you the game either. You are playing it during the time of your membership.

Sony also gave games for free. See Days of Play.

You are the worst kind of fanboy - pathological and delusional. Very toxic. Good bye!

Oh, and you couldn’t find a PC with UHD and controller that’s comparable in price. Funny!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 R4gn4r0k

@Sagemode87 said:

Companies have employees to pay and investors to keep happy.

You must be kidding?

All I see these huge gaming companies do is lay off workforce and give million dollar bonusses to their CEOs.

How is their CEO earning 5 billion or 5.5 billion a year giving me better games?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-642321fb121ca

It's time Europe stopped subsidising the US fan base, stop buying PS people. No price increase in the US? **** off. Sony need to remember PS would not exist without the number one selling region, talk about taking people for granted.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Juub1990
@SolidGame_basic said:

Dude, FF7 Remake is also cheaper now on console. You are so far removed from reality someone has to explain to you that games get cheaper after launch 🤣 by the way, you’re totaling missing the point. $70 games are on PC too, get over it and stop playing dumb.

How would you know what console games cost at launch? You are so far removed from reality you wouldn’t know. I’ve been a console gamer, I get discounts on preorders and games all the time.

You just praised GamePass, which literally does not give you the game either. You are playing it during the time of your membership.

Sony also gave games for free. See Days of Play.

You are the worst kind of fanboy - pathological and delusional. Very toxic. Good bye!

Oh, and you couldn’t find a PC with UHD and controller that’s comparable in price. Funny!

Games on PC are cheaper. That's not even arguable. You tried to weasel out your way of this by claiming fake prices which are easily disprovable.

The MSRP of console games is $59-69, how do you not know that? "Discounts on pre-orders", please show us where you get them.

Sony gave a couple of free games like last year or two years ago. Lol. Epic Store gives them away once a week. GOG and Steam also give games away and more frequently than Sony at that.

I didn't "praise" Game Pass. I said it's a far better deal than whatever garbage Sony is trying to sell you. PS Plus Premium is shit.

I don't give a shit about your controller. And I didn't know that TVs came with consoles now. Or can I not use my TV with my PC? I already said with all the added prices, the PC is cheaper, not the base price. The PS5 is a mid-tier rig with an RTX 2070/RX 6600X and a Ryzen 3600 lol. And it's about to get bumped down to low-tier with the new cards and CPU's right around the corner.

You can't make this up. You tried to troll but it backfired lol.

Over and out.

Edit: Oh, UHD means the optical drive? Thought you meant UHD TV lol. But it's even worse. 80% of PS5 sales are digital and WTF does a PC need that for? Try harder.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 HalcyonScarlet

@Sagemode87 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Gaming isn't a charity. Companies have employees to pay and investors to keep happy. I'm sure Nintendo with their 60 dollar 5 year old games are treating us better.

I suppose that's one justification for increasing prices near two years after release. XD

So charity<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Expensive games consoles and games>>>>>>>>>>>Increasing price on expensive consoles.

But you went alllll the way to charity. Because at that price Sony is going broke with the PS5, employees were turning up at soup kitchens... One can only hope Sony increases the game prices further as well in order to save their employees too. Maybe they should sell off Bungie again, and use that money to save themselves some more.

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#35 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

At this point Microsoft and Sony both could have delayed the current generation by at least another year or so and things probably would have been better for it.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

There goes my chance of getting a PS5. I'll probably wait for a sale or when the price drops.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 R4gn4r0k

@kejigoto said:

At this point Microsoft and Sony both could have delayed the current generation by at least another year or so and things probably would have been better for it.

Don't think anyone could've predicted COVID.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 R4gn4r0k
@omegamaster said:

There goes my chance of getting a PS5. I'll probably wait for a sale or when the price drops.

Never lose hope, many people are getting their hands on one daily.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@omegamaster said:

Never lose hope, many people are getting their hands on one daily.

True. Give it a few years and hopefully, PS5 productions get better

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@SolidGame_basic said:

Not when you also consider the freedom you have with the PC.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 KvallyX  Online
Member since 2019 • 12941 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

It's only a matter of time now before Microsoft, Nintendo, AMD and Nvidia will start doing the same.

But the prices of the Xbox have already dropped.

https://www.gamestop.com/consoles-hardware/xbox-series-x%7Cs/consoles/products/xbox-series-s-digital-edition/229057.html

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 R4gn4r0k

@x_hedon said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

https://www.gamestop.com/consoles-hardware/xbox-series-x%7Cs/consoles/products/xbox-series-s-digital-edition/229057.html

Entirely different situation for me.

In the stores where I've actually been able to see an Xbox with my own eyes you could only buy the series X with a game, gamepass sub and a overpriced elite controller bundle.

Those who got their console seperate are the lucky ones.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

@Random_Matt: Considering the Euro is 1 to 1 against the dollar and, the MSRP includes VAT ... the US market is subsidizing Europe at this point.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 KvallyX  Online
Member since 2019 • 12941 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@x_hedon said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Entirely different situation for me.

In the stores where I've actually been able to see an Xbox with my own eyes you could only buy the series X with a game, gamepass sub and a overpriced elite controller bundle.

Those who got their console seperate are the lucky ones.

Well yes, bundles have been a thing for the past 2 years now as consumers are getting robbed by the high demand. But at least here in Norway and the US, the price has dropped for Xbox.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: OOFF. Actually the real reason these countries are getting a price increase when we aren't is very simple. In US, the Xbox is beating the living shit out of the PS5, beating it like a dog. So Sony doesn't have the choice to raise the price. I'm disappointed they didn't raise the price here. Xbox would have slapped pos5 even harder.

Those other countries are all slobbering over Sony's nuts and deserve that raise 😂. They need to wake up and smell the roses. It's not like PS5 is even worth getting at this point. Trash games, over priced, $70 games, worse specs, weaker hardware and ugly as f.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 R4gn4r0k

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@R4gn4r0k: OOFF. Actually the real reason these countries are getting a price increase when we aren't is very simple. In US, the Xbox is beating the living shit out of the PS5, beating it like a dog. So Sony doesn't have the choice to raise the price. I'm disappointed they didn't raise the price here. Xbox would have slapped pos5 even harder.

Those other countries are all slobbering over Sony's nuts and deserve that raise 😂. They need to wake up and smell the roses. It's not like PS5 is even worth getting at this point. Trash games, over priced, $70 games, worse specs, weaker hardware and ugly as f.

Reason USA isn't getting the price increase is because the dollar is super strong.

But uhm, isn't the USA price still as high as in europe because it doesn't include the taxes?

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: You do know the PS5 outsold the Xbox last month in the US, right? And that Xbox still hasn't outsold PS5 LTD in the US?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

Is that the first time a console had gone up in price after launch?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

PS is pretty tone deaf with this one. Read the room folks…

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#50 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69411 Posts

Well, this awkward.😂