Your in Denial if you are not just a little dissapointed with Wii graphics

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

YourExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 YourExpert
Member since 2006 • 387 Posts
  I own both a 360 and a Wii and love them both.   Nintendo always had the top of the line technology and often had the better lookin games.  NOw I sit and watch as every single Wii game pales in comparision to OLD technology games like Resident Evil 4, Ninja Gaiden, even God Of War 2.   I don't care what the reason is, it's a little dissapointing.  Also, those screens of Mario Galaxy are a long ways off.  I seriously doubt it will release this year.
MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MegaPigeon
Member since 2007 • 1726 Posts
With games like Excite Truck and Wii Sports I don't even care, and games like WarioWare have a great style, but I swear an AIDS orphan dies every time I play Red Steel :cry:
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

...they will never admit it. Why bother dude?

SpaceMatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SpaceMatt
Member since 2003 • 3588 Posts
If I had a Wii I think I'd be too busy having fun with it to notice the graphics, but that's just me...
Shazenab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shazenab
Member since 2004 • 3413 Posts
I knew they'd be pretty bad, but not this bad (or this far behind the times). Still I stick by the fact that wii development has been pretty lazy, both with the graphics AND the wii remote.
Rhubarb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rhubarb9
Member since 2006 • 2352 Posts
what the hell do you mean
even god of war 2!? its one of the prettiest games last gen
amourkiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 amourkiss
Member since 2003 • 1751 Posts

just for an assumption

do you guys think that Wii is capable of running games like God of War 2 and Ninja Gaiden Black  ??

Taz-Bone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Taz-Bone
Member since 2004 • 1388 Posts
First you don't know how people feel. and paying considerably less than the 360/ps3 should not have anyone expecting HD graphics.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
no denial here. just dissapointment. I do think the Wiimote is great though
Keibo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Keibo
Member since 2003 • 1488 Posts
you should read the scarface wii interview, the guys said that the wii version looks better than the xbox version of the game. Now I know scarface wasn't exactly known for its graphics but people on these forums keep saying that the wii is graphically inferior to last gen hardware when it clearly isn't, it just doesn't look as good as the 360 and PS3. Oh well, and to answer your question yes I have been disappointed by the graphics on games so far on the wii, but many of those games where rushed and now we are seeing games that look better than the wii launch games, but I knew that I wasn't buying a graphics powerhouse like the 360/PS3. I seriously hope the Mario Galaxy gets released this year but like you I have my doubts that it will release, especially considering that MP3 and SSB:B are also meant to be out this year :?
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

just for an assumption

do you guys think that Wii is capable of running games like God of War 2 and Ninja Gaiden Black  ??

amourkiss

Supposedly yeah. But the proof of the pudding is in the tasting...or something like that.

t2wave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 t2wave
Member since 2005 • 3258 Posts
Okay. I can admit that on occasion I feel a little dissapointed. But some time after that I get sucked into the game and forget about how it looks.

just for an assumption

amourkiss
One would think. The Gamecube could at the very least.
VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 VideoGameGuy
Member since 2002 • 7695 Posts

honestly unless you sit there and nitpick...it really doesn't matter...it doesn't disappoint me that the PSP has better graphics then my DS...not trying to sound fanyboyish...but does it REALLY matter? I have no problem going from my 360 to my Wii

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
SMG will come out this  year.  Reggie promised :cry:.
RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RahnAetas
Member since 2003 • 1834 Posts

I can't say I'm dissapointed because I don't expect much from consoles to begin with.  I expect certain things from *developers*.

That said, I expect many developers to be lazy, and some to put in a lot of effort into what they do.  The company I respect most is actually Blizzard, and they don't exactly pump out a whole lot in the graphics department (although their CGI movies are quite cool)

PowerCharged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PowerCharged
Member since 2006 • 1402 Posts
the wii having horrid graphics is not the problem, its the fact that psp games look better than it.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Believe it or not I'm sure there are Wii owners that truly don't care about the graphics. I say let them have their fun.
SamXVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SamXVII
Member since 2007 • 430 Posts
honestly unless you sit there and nitpick...it really doesn't matter...it doesn't disappoint me that the PSP has better graphics then my DS...not trying to sound fanyboyish...but does it REALLY matter? I have no problem going from my 360 to my WiiVideoGameGuy

Good god... you aren't a fanboy! This is absurd! What's a real gamer doing in SW?!

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

ok im going to judge ps3 by the fear

oh wait its not next gen graphcis so it most suck it cant get better :o

b4lBroWnY4LifE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 b4lBroWnY4LifE
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Nintendo is constantly ignoring the fact that the graphics for the Wii sucks. They mention that the console's innvotation and gameplay is more important. But what happens when an anticipated game never comes out like the Zelda was said too release two years ago on the Gamecube??
b4lBroWnY4LifE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 b4lBroWnY4LifE
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Nintendo is constantly ignoring the fact that the graphics for the Wii sucks. They mention that the console's innvotation and gameplay is more important. But what happens when an anticipated game never comes out like the Zelda was said too release two years ago on the Gamecube??
lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

just for an assumption

do you guys think that Wii is capable of running games like God of War 2 and Ninja Gaiden Black ??

amourkiss

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=68776&page=1 

dbzfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 dbzfreak
Member since 2003 • 6223 Posts
I knew they'd be pretty bad, but not this bad (or this far behind the times). Still I stick by the fact that wii development has been pretty lazy, both with the graphics AND the wii remote.Shazenab
Hopefully developers pick up the slack and start taking advantage of it. So far they haven't. Very few games utilize the remote.
YourExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 YourExpert

what the hell do you mean
Rhubarb9

NO game of last generation should compare to this generation.  Simple as that.  Thats like saying the best nes game looks as good as most Snes games.  Just not logical. 

YourExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 YourExpert

First you don't know how people feel. and paying considerably less than the 360/ps3 should not have anyone expecting HD graphics.Taz-Bone

I love the Wii but its a new generation machine.  I'm not asking for HD visuals.  I'm asking for a leap ahead of technology just like every console in histroy has been.  Your a fanboy who lives in denial world. 

karicha9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 karicha9
Member since 2003 • 6927 Posts
If you don't go into the Wii expecting 360 graphics, you won't be disappointed.
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#27 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
We're not dissapointed because we're not looking for photo-realistic graphics.
Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Michael85
Member since 2005 • 3971 Posts

I'm dissappointed that the first developer that's trying to push the limits of the hardware is making Dewy's Adventure.

That's just plain pathetic.  I'm not dissappionted with the Wii; I'm dissappointed with the developers not putting forth the effort.  I mean, c'mon, if the people behind Dewy's Adventure can get normal mapping to work without hiccups in framerate, then surely Capcom or Ubisoft can, right?

Simply pathetic. 

NotThat_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NotThat_basic
Member since 2002 • 3314 Posts

You're in denial if you think the poor graphics are a result of poor hardware rather than poor development...

karicha9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 karicha9
Member since 2003 • 6927 Posts

[QUOTE="Taz-Bone"]First you don't know how people feel. and paying considerably less than the 360/ps3 should not have anyone expecting HD graphics.YourExpert

I love the Wii but its a new generation machine. I'm not asking for HD visuals. I'm asking for a leap ahead of technology just like every console in histroy has been. Your a fanboy who lives in denial world.

You're a fanboy who can't adapt to a paradigm shift.
-SR388-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 -SR388-
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts

[QUOTE="Rhubarb9"]what the hell do you mean
YourExpert

NO game of last generation should compare to this generation. Simple as that. Thats like saying the best nes game looks as good as most Snes games. Just not logical.

Ninja Gaiden Black smokes more than half of the current gen offerings, especially upscaled on the 360.

darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts

I own both a 360 and a Wii and love them both.   Nintendo always had the top of the line technology and often had the better lookin games.  NOw I sit and watch as every single Wii game pales in comparision to OLD technology games like Resident Evil 4, Ninja Gaiden, even God Of War 2.   I don't care what the reason is, it's a little dissapointing.  Also, those screens of Mario Galaxy are a long ways off.  I seriously doubt it will release this year.YourExpert

I'm not sure why people end up disappointed with Wii graphics.  You know what you are getting, they don't claim to have the best graphics.  What they do claim is you will have a unique experience unlike any you have ever had with a home game console.  For the most part, that is correct.  It's my belief though, in the end the better the games get on PS3 and X360 the more glaring the graphics short fall on the Wii will be highlighted. 

In short, don't expect to be wowed graphics wise.  If you relate having fun to eye candy, Wii will only disapoint.

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
the graphics of the wii are very dissapointing in this day and age when you can have great looking games with very lifelike graphics!
greenleaflink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 greenleaflink
Member since 2006 • 3686 Posts

i admit the graphics suck!

there is no way to get downloable content

and when sony and  microsoft swings into full gear with their downloadable content the wii is gonna look pretty crap.

the hardware limitations, the online disaster!

they did good but bad.

HunAndras1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 HunAndras1984
Member since 2005 • 647 Posts

just for an assumption

amourkiss

More likely yes....from what I've seen of the Wii.  But the graphics are really really bad for a next gen system. And the controls are not so great to me!

Stabby2486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Stabby2486
Member since 2006 • 6688 Posts
Considering Nintendo never implied the graphics would be on the level of 360 or PS3 and SMG looks great, I'm not dissapointed at all. Although I'd like a PPU that supports Euphoria.
AB_Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AB_Uppercut
Member since 2007 • 1287 Posts

I think the graphics are great on the Wii, most 3rd party games are rushed or just ports but the 1st party games prove that Wii is capable of great graphical effects.

oh and Wii has only been out for 6 months, give it time and you will see graphics on the Wii which will truly astound.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Many developers are lazy and the good looking games are coming... what is there to be disappointed or in denial about?
chronoblazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 chronoblazer
Member since 2007 • 185 Posts

the wii having horrid graphics is not the problem, its the fact that psp games look better than it.PowerCharged

Umm...NO!! Are you guys blind. The PSP has graphics that look like the PS1. I'm tired of this stuff. If the Wii is twice as powerful as the Gamecube and Gamecube had titles that looked consideribly better than Ps2 and as good as Xbox, HOW CAN THE WII LOOK WORSE THAN THE XBOX OR PSP. You people LACK intellegence!!!

Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Gears360
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts

nintendo should shove it into their heads

GOOD GAMEPLAY IS NOT AN EXCUSE FOR BAD GRAPHICS!!!!!! 

and i cant stand sheep fanboys saying in a relaxed and calm way "naaaah.......wii graphics are fine"  THEY ARE NOT FINE AT ALL DAMN IT!!!!

VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 VideoGameGuy
Member since 2002 • 7695 Posts
[QUOTE="VideoGameGuy"] honestly unless you sit there and nitpick...it really doesn't matter...it doesn't disappoint me that the PSP has better graphics then my DS...not trying to sound fanyboyish...but does it REALLY matter? I have no problem going from my 360 to my WiiSamXVII

Good god... you aren't a fanboy! This is absurd! What's a real gamer doing in SW?!

i can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...LOL...oh well..
axt113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 axt113
Member since 2007 • 2777 Posts
Been gaming so long that graphics aren't a concern, some of my favorite games have terrible graphics by today's standards, doesn't bother me, I still enjoy them
SamXVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SamXVII
Member since 2007 • 430 Posts

i can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...LOL...oh well..VideoGameGuy

Haha, nobody ever can... For the record, I'm being serious. You're not a fanboy. Neither am I, actually. What the fudge are we doing here, anyways?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

[QUOTE="VideoGameGuy"] i can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...LOL...oh well..SamXVII

Haha, nobody ever can... For the record, I'm being serious. You're not a fanboy. Neither am I, actually. What the fudge are we doing here, anyways?

Laughing.  Good info here occasionally, too.
Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Gears360
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts

the other day i saw a game of billiard on the wii (it was a minigame of wii play i think) and i think that nintendo  just provided the absolute minimal possible graphics in order to make the damn thing look like a pool table

no background, almost no textures......horrid

sometimes nintendo put next to nothing effort on the wii , and shiggy gets mad cause other developers do the same as they, pulling easy bucks with low effort games

-SR388-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 -SR388-
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts

the other day i saw a game of billiard on the wii (it was a minigame of wii play i think) and i think that nintendo just provided the absolute minimal possible graphics in order to make the damn thing look like a pool table

no background, almost no textures......horrid

sometimes nintendo put next to nothing effort on the wii , and shiggy gets mad cause other developers do the same as they, pulling easy bucks with low effort games

Gears360

oh no!!!! teh balls arent shiny enough....MOOOOMMMMMYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

Nex_Ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Nex_Ownage
Member since 2004 • 4753 Posts
Dissapointed? Nah...Maybe when they first announced it, but now after I've played the games. i'm pretty happy with the system . :)
Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 Shadow_op
Member since 2006 • 4566 Posts

...they will never admit it. Why bother dude?

Bread_or_Decide

1. Stop being a troll.

2. EVERY Wii owner will complain.

3. Aren't you a little dissapointer that the PS3 has no games out?

4. SHOOP DA WOOP 

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#49 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts
I'm dissapointed with all these PS2 ports. I am not dissapointed with the graphics of Super Mario Galaxy, which shows what the Wii can do graphically, unlike any of the games that are out now.
osbassgordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 osbassgordo
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts

I own both a 360 and a Wii and love them both. Nintendo always had the top of the line technology and often had the better lookin games. NOw I sit and watch as every single Wii game pales in comparision to OLD technology games like Resident Evil 4, Ninja Gaiden, even God Of War 2. I don't care what the reason is, it's a little dissapointing. Also, those screens of Mario Galaxy are a long ways off. I seriously doubt it will release this year.YourExpert

Your right, I am dissapointed IN LAZY DEVS and the crappy graphics they pull out. (ubisoft, THQ, and activision). Im not dissapointed in the capability of what the wii can do graphically. The wii has been out only for months now. Give it some slack. The 360 took a whole year to get Gears of War, so why cant you wait for Wii.

also look at this.....

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=68776