Your favorite video game town/city/locations?

  • 67 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

29233

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 29233 Posts

I have a few that come to mind:

  • Hyrule from Legend of Zelda series - One of my favorites was Hyrule Castle. Loved it in Ocarina of Time, when you can switch between times and see the aftermath. Also, Kokori Village and doing the musical puzzle.
  • Shadow Moses from Metal Gear Solid 1 & 4 - it's iconic for being the location of the first Metal Gear Solid. It's cool for being a military nuclear arsenal base. And a perfect setting for this game. Also, coming back here in MGS 4 was fun and nostalgic. I really do need to replay this series at some point.
  • Yokosuka, Japan from Shenmue - I did not play Shenmue when it first came out. I played it in its entirely in the HD collection. This little town was so remarkable to me. Just seeing the characters going about in the day, with their hilarious lines, and seeing the weather change. It is a fun depiction of Japan and is based on the real life Yokosuka. Maybe I'll go there some day!
  • Tokyo and other Japanese locations from Persona and other Japanese games - video games were pretty much my motivation to visit Japan. It's fun seeing how games match the real life locations. The World Ends With You was the main reason I visited Shibuya. Akihabara and Inaba are other cool locations as well.
  • New York City in GTA - the GTA games give you a great piece of Americana lol. Love seeing depictions of NYC in games. GTA 4 was something. Am I rite, @R4gn4r0k?

How about you, SW? Your favorite video game town/city/locations?

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

20714

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 20714 Posts

Australia from Forza Horizon 3.

Avatar image for Chutebox
Chutebox

47193

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 47193 Posts

Walking back up to Shadow Moses in MGS4 is the chills.

It's basically the whole game, but Hyrule in BotW is just awesome.

Also Sephiroth's crater/lair in FF7.

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

27081

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#4 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 27081 Posts

Kakariko Village is always nice.

Avatar image for Skarwolf
Skarwolf

2422

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 0

#5 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2422 Posts

Guildwars 2 Divinitys Reach is by far the best looking city in any game.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

5977

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#6 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 5977 Posts

Don't know about my absolute favorite, but i did like Majula from DkS2 a lot. Great song too.

Avatar image for adsparky
adsparky

1988

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 0

#7 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 1988 Posts

Inaba from Persona 4: It has this distinct rural town vibe of one i used to pass my childhood holidays.

Anor Londo from Dark Souls: Dark souls is a really dark game until you reach this place which is magnificent.

Lindblum from Final Fantasy IX: The game prior to this place is a common medieval setting; then you reach this vibrant steampunk yet colorful city and you know you're on a trip that could take you anywhere.

Avatar image for xantufrog
xantufrog

14963

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator  Online
Member since 2013 • 14963 Posts

I'd submit Morrowind, Sigil, and Icewind Dale

These settings are so distinctive, cohesive, and immersive across the visuals, music, and characters. They really really tease your imagination, and encourage you to see and feel more in the world than is simply being shown to you directly.

I'd also give a nod to Fumito Ueda for creating such mysterious and intriguing worlds - although not being RPGs they don't encourage you to inhabit the space in quite the same way

Lastly - holy shit the Myst games. Myst and Riven in particular just drew you into the most bizarre universe and - akin to the effect of role-playing in the RPGs above - the environmental puzzles force you to FEEL the structure and connectedness of the environment around you. It cannot just be eye candy because you will not progress

Avatar image for ProtossRushX
ProtossRushX

8459

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9 ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 8459 Posts

I liked Zora's Domain it looked really cool in BOTW.

Avatar image for eoten
Eoten

2525

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#10 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 2525 Posts

The Milky Way Galaxy... that should include pretty much every game but that Mass Effect Andromeda crap.

Avatar image for judaspete
judaspete

4381

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#11 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 4381 Posts

Zora's Domain is usually one of the more impressive locations in any Zelda game, and BotW has the best version by far.

City of Glass from Mirror's Edge is a neat place to run round in.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

29233

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 29233 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Australia from Forza Horizon 3.

lol, did you find your house in the game?

@adsparky said:

Inaba from Persona 4: It has this distinct rural town vibe of one i used to pass my childhood holidays.

Anor Londo from Dark Souls: Dark souls is a really dark game until you reach this place which is magnificent.

Lindblum from Final Fantasy IX: The game prior to this place is a common medieval setting; then you reach this vibrant steampunk yet colorful city and you know you're on a trip that could take you anywhere.

Love Inaba! How about TV world?

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

20714

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#13 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 20714 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Nah my mansion was to big to fit in the game they said 🤣🤣🤣

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

6634

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#14 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 6634 Posts
  • Sleeping Dogs Hong Kong
  • Indigo Prophecy Doc's Diner
  • Batman Arkham Origins Royal Hotel
  • Spec ops: the line Dubai
  • Mirror's Edge The city
  • GTA: SA Countryside
  • Remember Me Neo Paris 2084
  • GTA: VC Ocean Beach
  • Resident Evil 4 Village

Avatar image for my_user_name
my_user_name

375

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#15 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 375 Posts

Midnight Club LA's Los Angeles is great.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

16961

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#16 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 16961 Posts

My answer always

Zone from STALKER.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

43580

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 43580 Posts
  • Great Wall Of China - Tomb Raider II
  • The Meat King's Party - Hitman: Contracts
  • Racoon City - Resident Evil 2 (og)

Avatar image for louixiii
LouiXIII

9834

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#18 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 9834 Posts

I'll take the Mushroom Kingdom for $500 :)

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

5977

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#19 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 5977 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

My answer always

Zone from STALKER.

Didn't knew you were into Call of Duty.

Avatar image for Sushiglutton
Sushiglutton

8486

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#20 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 8486 Posts

Mostly from Assassin’s Creed. Venice, the Frontier, Havanna, Alexandria and so on. Just being in those places with the typically amazing soundtrack is the best part of that franchise ☺️!

Avatar image for freedomfreak
freedomfreak

52030

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#21 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52030 Posts

Bullworth and its surrounding areas.

Avatar image for SOedipus
SOedipus

12890

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#22 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 12890 Posts

Baldur's Gate
Diablo II - Lut Gholein
New Vegas
Final Fantasy IX - Lindblum, Treno, and Alexandria
Legend of Dragoon - Lohan, Fletz, and Donau
Mass Effect - Citadel

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

29233

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#23 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 29233 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@SolidGame_basic: Nah my mansion was to big to fit in the game they said 🤣🤣🤣

You should've made it paid DLC.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

36051

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#24 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 36051 Posts

Shout out to Australia in Forza Horizon 3 and Horizon: Zero Dawn's world.

But for me the favourite locations are those from... GTA series. Vice City, San Andreas and especially the well realised city of Liberty City in GTA IV.

The business of the city during the day, the atmospheric lights during the night, taking a helicopter flight over the city... All of it feels and looks great. It looks believable and well realised.

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

6634

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#25 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 6634 Posts

Here's some more I forgot to add

  • Tony Hawk -warehouse
  • F.E.A.R.- office levels
  • Crysis- first island level
  • Max Payne- docks
  • SSX tricky- snowdream
  • Battlefield 2 - Sharqi peninsula
  • Medal of Honor Allied Assault- Remagen
  • Max Payne 2- million dollar question aka high rise apartment level
  • GTAV- Vinewood
  • Cyberpunk 2077 -Night city
Avatar image for johnd13
johnd13

10357

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#26 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 10357 Posts
  • Imperial City - Oblivion
  • Inaba - Persona 4 Golden
  • Night City - Cyberpunk 2077
  • Hong Kong - Sleeping Dogs
Avatar image for robert_sparkes
robert_sparkes

4883

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#27 robert_sparkes  Online
Member since 2018 • 4883 Posts

Max Payne 3 São Paulo Brazil.

Avatar image for dimebag667
dimebag667

1615

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#28 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 1615 Posts

@SOedipus: Lut Gholein and the surrounding desert is probably my favorite location in any game.

Not even close, but two other areas I liked were the night elf tree city in WoW and Atlus Park from CoH.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

36051

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#29 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 36051 Posts

@warmblur said:
  • Sleeping Dogs Hong Kong
  • Indigo Prophecy Doc's Diner
  • Batman Arkham Origins Royal Hotel
  • Spec ops: the line Dubai
  • Mirror's Edge The city
  • GTA: SA Countryside
  • Remember Me Neo Paris 2084
  • GTA: VC Ocean Beach
  • Resident Evil 4 Village

Love that dance club in Vice City

Very 80s

Avatar image for osan0
osan0

16084

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#30 osan0
Member since 2004 • 16084 Posts

is it cheating if i just put in whole games for some? well im going to cheat.

The bionis and mechonis from xenoblade. just all of it. just wonderful. a pleasure to explore and the views....ooh those views.

the 2 forest areas on Mira in Xenoblade X were also very nice.

the Normandy in the first mass effect. it was nice having a ship in the game. just wondering around it while pooteling around the galaxy at hyper speed....neat. i prefer the first to the second normandy....dont know why. maybe its one of those "there is nothing like your first" things :P.

Avatar image for Macutchi
Macutchi

7537

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#31 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 7537 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:

My answer always

Zone from STALKER.

Didn't knew you were into Call of Duty.

50,000 people used to live here, now it's a ghosts town...

Avatar image for robbie23
Robbie23

855

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#32 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 855 Posts

Tokyo - Every Yakuza game.

Avatar image for philamona
philamona

57

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#33 philamona
Member since 2020 • 57 Posts

I can only think of recent games:

Super Mario Odyssey:

Bubble Beach - Seaside Kingdom

New Donk City - Metro Kingdom

Bowser's Castle - Bowser's Kingdom

Mario Kart games:

Rainbow Road courses

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity:

Battle of Hyrule Field

Zora's Domain

Hyrule Castle

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

49008

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#34  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 49008 Posts

Whatever city I am working on in Cities Skylines

The "castle hub" in Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Stormwind, Ironforge, Dalaran, and Shattrath from World of Warcraft

Paris and London from the Assassin Creed's games....I do miss when they were a bit smaller and not so open-world'y

@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:

My answer always

Zone from STALKER.

Didn't knew you were into Call of Duty.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

29233

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#35 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 29233 Posts

Watch Dogs Legion's 'dystopian' London is pretty cool. Even though the world is not very interactive, the graphics are sweet. I've never been to London though 😮

Avatar image for pyro1245
pyro1245

7160

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#36 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 7160 Posts

Morrowind

Okay I'll go ahead and say it: Night City in CP2077 is by far the most impressive example of a dense city I've ever seen in a game - at least when immersion isn't being broken by various animation glitches. It's very superficial since the game is unfinished. I hope they keep working on it.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

20714

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#37 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 20714 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: 🤣🤣🤣

Avatar image for pelvist
pelvist

8041

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#38 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 8041 Posts

Easily the world of Norrath; Faydwer and Kunark in particular. Also the Zone from Stalker.

Avatar image for Jag85
Jag85

15375

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 218

User Lists: 0

#39  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 15375 Posts

Cities:

  • Tokyo - Shinobi, Ninja Gaiden, Megami Tensei, Persona, Sakura Wars, Machi, Yakuza, 428, Steins Gate, etc.
  • New York - Spider-Man, Shinobi, Punch-Out, Ninja Gaiden, Final Fight, Parasite Eve, Metal Gear Solid 2
  • Wood Oak City - Streets of Rage series
  • Raccoon City - Resident Evil series
  • Midgar - Final Fantasy VII series
  • Yokosuka - Shenmue

Other:

  • Hyrule Kingdom - The Legend of Zelda series
  • Egypt - Tomb Raider, Metal Slug, Civilization, Age of Empires, Assassin's Creed Origins, etc.
  • Persia - Prince of Persia, Exile, Civilization, Age of Empires, Eternal Darkness, Assassin's Creed
  • Torla Island - Alundra
  • Spanish Village - Resident Evil 4

Avatar image for st_monica
St_Monica

332

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#40 St_Monica
Member since 2020 • 332 Posts

@Jag85: I think it's a typo, but Shenmue is set in Yokosuka, not Yokohama. Yokohama is recently used in Yakuza: Like a Dragon. Both cities are in the same prefecture and located closely, it's unnecessarily confusing lol.

Avatar image for rzxv04
rzxv04

2273

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#41 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2273 Posts

GTA V Los Santos.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
hrt_rulz01

20468

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#42 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 20468 Posts

@i_p_daily: Lol, true that.

Avatar image for Jag85
Jag85

15375

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 218

User Lists: 0

#43 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 15375 Posts

@st_monica: Thanks for noticing the typo. Fixed it now.

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

6634

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#45 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 6634 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@warmblur said:
  • Sleeping Dogs Hong Kong
  • Indigo Prophecy Doc's Diner
  • Batman Arkham Origins Royal Hotel
  • Spec ops: the line Dubai
  • Mirror's Edge The city
  • GTA: SA Countryside
  • Remember Me Neo Paris 2084
  • GTA: VC Ocean Beach
  • Resident Evil 4 Village

Love that dance club in Vice City

Very 80s

Me too, I also love Northpoint mall if the next GTA is in vice city again they need to bring back these locations.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

36051

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#46 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 36051 Posts

@warmblur said:

Me too, I also love Northpoint mall if the next GTA is in vice city again they need to bring back these locations.

Yup, still remember that place :D

The mall actually reminded me of a level from State of Emergency.

Funny to think that Rockstar once considered State of Emergency to be a big threat to their GTA sales, as the game had progressed much further in development than their game had. And both were releasing around the same time.

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

6634

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#47 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 6634 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@warmblur said:

Me too, I also love Northpoint mall if the next GTA is in vice city again they need to bring back these locations.

Yup, still remember that place :D

The mall actually reminded me of a level from State of Emergency.

Funny to think that Rockstar once considered State of Emergency to be a big threat to their GTA sales, as the game had progressed much further in development than their game had. And both were releasing around the same time.

Yep, I remember getting that game after GTA 3 in early 2002 I was kinda of disappointed it was different that's for sure.

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
nintendoboy16

37923

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 14

#48  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 37923 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Shivering Isles from TES IV: Oblivion expansion of the same name

LEGO City from... well, LEGO City Undercover

LEGO New York City from LEGO Marvel

Hyrule from Ocarina of Time

Arkham City from... well, Batman: Arkham City

Ferelden from Dragon AGE: Origins

Avatar image for st_monica
St_Monica

332

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#49 St_Monica
Member since 2020 • 332 Posts
@Jag85 said:

@st_monica: Thanks for noticing the typo. Fixed it now.

Not at all.

@Jag85 said:

Cities:

  • Tokyo - Shinobi, Ninja Gaiden, Megami Tensei, Persona, Sakura Wars, Machi, Yakuza, 428, Steins Gate, etc.
  • New York - Spider-Man, Shinobi, Punch-Out, Ninja Gaiden, Final Fight, Parasite Eve, Metal Gear Solid 2
  • Wood Oak City - Streets of Rage series
  • Raccoon City - Resident Evil series
  • Midgar - Final Fantasy VII series
  • Yokosuka - Shenmue

Other:

  • Hyrule Kingdom - The Legend of Zelda series
  • Egypt - Tomb Raider, Metal Slug, Civilization, Age of Empires, Assassin's Creed Origins, etc.
  • Persia - Prince of Persia, Exile, Civilization, Age of Empires, Eternal Darkness, Assassin's Creed
  • Torla Island - Alundra
  • Spanish Village - Resident Evil 4

I also like Tokyo as the setting for video games because each game represents Tokyo in a very different way. Tokyo in Yakuza, Tokyo in Persona, Tokyo in Sakura Wars, and Tokyo in Steins Gate show completely different aspects of the same city, and don't make me bored.

I personally like other big cities as well, but I feel that in many games they are very stereotypically represented and not see various faces through different games like Tokyo.

Btw, Shinji Mikami's Ghost Wire Tokyo will be released this year, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the game will show Tokyo in a unique way.

Avatar image for Jag85
Jag85

15375

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 218

User Lists: 0

#50  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 15375 Posts

@st_monica said:
@Jag85 said:

Cities:

  • Tokyo - Shinobi, Ninja Gaiden, Megami Tensei, Persona, Sakura Wars, Machi, Yakuza, 428, Steins Gate, etc.
  • New York - Spider-Man, Shinobi, Punch-Out, Ninja Gaiden, Final Fight, Parasite Eve, Metal Gear Solid 2
  • Wood Oak City - Streets of Rage series
  • Raccoon City - Resident Evil series
  • Midgar - Final Fantasy VII series
  • Yokosuka - Shenmue

Other:

  • Hyrule Kingdom - The Legend of Zelda series
  • Egypt - Tomb Raider, Metal Slug, Civilization, Age of Empires, Assassin's Creed Origins, etc.
  • Persia - Prince of Persia, Exile, Civilization, Age of Empires, Eternal Darkness, Assassin's Creed
  • Torla Island - Alundra
  • Spanish Village - Resident Evil 4

I also like Tokyo as the setting for video games because each game represents Tokyo in a very different way. Tokyo in Yakuza, Tokyo in Persona, Tokyo in Sakura Wars, and Tokyo in Steins Gate show completely different aspects of the same city, and don't make me bored.

I personally like other big cities as well, but I feel that in many games they are very stereotypically represented and not see various faces through different games like Tokyo.

Btw, Shinji Mikami's Ghost Wire Tokyo will be released this year, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the game will show Tokyo in a unique way.

Yeah, I think Tokyo is the best setting that's been used in video games. Different games portray different locations within Tokyo, and different aspects of the city, and show it in a different light. It's the same city, yet can feel so different depending on the game.

I think it largely comes down to many of the developers based in Tokyo doing a really good job of representing their city, with a local flavour and their own interpretation of their city. You rarely get that from developers based in other big cities around the world.