I have a few that come to mind:
- Hyrule from Legend of Zelda series - One of my favorites was Hyrule Castle. Loved it in Ocarina of Time, when you can switch between times and see the aftermath. Also, Kokori Village and doing the musical puzzle.
- Shadow Moses from Metal Gear Solid 1 & 4 - it's iconic for being the location of the first Metal Gear Solid. It's cool for being a military nuclear arsenal base. And a perfect setting for this game. Also, coming back here in MGS 4 was fun and nostalgic. I really do need to replay this series at some point.
- Yokosuka, Japan from Shenmue - I did not play Shenmue when it first came out. I played it in its entirely in the HD collection. This little town was so remarkable to me. Just seeing the characters going about in the day, with their hilarious lines, and seeing the weather change. It is a fun depiction of Japan and is based on the real life Yokosuka. Maybe I'll go there some day!
- Tokyo and other Japanese locations from Persona and other Japanese games - video games were pretty much my motivation to visit Japan. It's fun seeing how games match the real life locations. The World Ends With You was the main reason I visited Shibuya. Akihabara and Inaba are other cool locations as well.
- New York City in GTA - the GTA games give you a great piece of Americana lol. Love seeing depictions of NYC in games. GTA 4 was something. Am I rite, @R4gn4r0k?
How about you, SW? Your favorite video game town/city/locations?