Your favorite quote from a video game EVER ?

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by lightleggy (16090 posts) -
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

29bd0f54_truth-of-max-payne.jpeg

Yes, this game has some amazing quotes.

"But dreams have a nasty habit of going bad when you're not looking. The sun went down with practiced bravado. Twilight crawled across the sky, laden with foreboding."

jg4xchamp
I second this. Max Payne quotes are the sh1t. Totally don't want to try Max Payne 3 on the sheer premise that no way Rockstar was even in the ball park of what Remedy had in the first two games.

Max Payne 3 still has some amazing quotes and writing. seriously play it, if you liked the previous games, you'll love it. The achievements/trophies are named after quotes btw :P "It was all chaos and luck!". "Perhaps I was condemned to keep doing the same things, over and over, for an eternity, that was my punishment...time moves forward, and nothing changes"
#152 Posted by lightleggy (16090 posts) -
[QUOTE="bobbetybob"][QUOTE="BPoole96"]"Does a piece of sh!t feel popular when it's surrounded by flies?" -Max Payne 3

Max Payne 3 is an absolute quote goldmine, pretty much every little quip Max makes is an awesome quote.

Another reminder, not that I needed one, that any low point can go lower.
#153 Posted by AdobeArtist (24654 posts) -

Elite commander: "Shipmaster! They outnumber us 3 to 1!"

Shipmaster: "then it is a fair fight, burn their mongrel hides!"

Halo 3

GOGOGOGURT

ohhhh, how could I forget that scene? :lol:

#154 Posted by Sushiglutton (6819 posts) -
[QUOTE="beganoo"]

Mine is:

Why did I follow him...? I don't know. Why do things happen as they do in dreams? All I know is that, when he beckoned... I had to follow him. From that moment, we traveled together, East. Always... into the East.

Diablo 2 opening cinematic.

You wouldn't know a good quote from a bad if one was helping the poor and the other was banging your sister!
#155 Posted by BPoole96 (22817 posts) -

[QUOTE="beganoo"]

Mine is:

Why did I follow him...? I don't know. Why do things happen as they do in dreams? All I know is that, when he beckoned... I had to follow him. From that moment, we traveled together, East. Always... into the East.

Sushiglutton

You wouldn't know a good quote from a bad if one was helping the poor and the other was banging your sister!

Another Max Payne 3 quote/reference :P

#156 Posted by Sushiglutton (6819 posts) -
[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"][QUOTE="beganoo"]

Mine is:

Oh yeah, I loooove Max Payne games :). Oh and and the quote machine from the old Max Payne games (aka Sam Lake) moved on to Alan Wake. He's the best writer in gaming imo.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
#157 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (30823 posts) -
Anything Handsome Jack says!
#158 Posted by BPoole96 (22817 posts) -

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"] You wouldn't know a good quote from a bad if one was helping the poor and the other was banging your sister!Sushiglutton

Oh yeah, I loooove Max Payne games :). Oh and and the quote machine from the old Max Payne games (aka Sam Lake) moved on to Alan Wake. He's the best writer in gaming imo.

The writing in Alan Wake was great but I didn't feel it had as many stand out quotes like Max Payne did. I think it mainly has to do with how the game is presented.

Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
#159 Posted by HaloinventedFPS (4738 posts) -

I am the lucid dream, the monster in your nightmares, the fiend of a thousand faces.

#160 Posted by clone01 (26993 posts) -
Anything Handsome Jack says!blue_hazy_basic
He has a Pony made of diamonds!
#161 Posted by TheDWD27 (46 posts) -

The cole train runs on whole grain (gears of war 3)

#162 Posted by racerX10157 (226 posts) -

War. War never changes

#163 Posted by GreySeal9 (28247 posts) -

In Final Fantasy 9 when Vivi and Quina get "married" and Quina says, "I...so happy..."

#164 Posted by rilpas (8161 posts) -

"What a shame" - JC Denton

And obviously a ton of them from SHODAN but there´s so many I´m not even gonna bother. :P

Arach666

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

#165 Posted by beganoo (1639 posts) -

[QUOTE="beganoo"]

Mine is:

Sushiglutton

Wen you watch the cinematic its extremely epic. The voice, the music and then D2 title appears after the the 2nd "east". Its a great quotesupported by great voice acting, visuals and musci imo, also there is a alot of nostalgia in that quite for me. I get chills wen I see/hear it.

Also whats so terrible about someone banging your sister. What if hes a nice guy and he makes her happy.

This Max Payne quote so cheesy and none nonsensical tbh.Got a laugh out of me the 1st time I heard it in game but now that I think of it its not that good at all.

#166 Posted by clone01 (26993 posts) -

"A winner is you!"

From Pro Wrestling for the NES.

#167 Posted by Jag85 (10771 posts) -

Zero Wing (Sega Mega Drive)

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us"

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
#168 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30962 posts) -

"Your life that I spit on is but a character drawn by a child who is stupid"

"I have chortles"

Both quotes are from Fawful.

#169 Posted by donalbane (16383 posts) -