Your Daily NX Rumour has arrived - Grab Salted Popcorn! (Updated)

• 103 results
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#51 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69462 Posts
@spike6958 said:

I don't care about the NX's power level, I'm just sick of rumors and leaks. I'm done with it until Nintendo actually tells us what it is.

I also don't care about PS4 or Sony. I've owned a PS4 since launch and it's a generic, boring system with no games, and mine is nothing more than a $400 paper weight. Haven't turned it on in months. Cerny's work means nothing when the system has no games.

How dare you blaspheme the name of Lord Cerny the creator of the most powerful gaming system to ever exist in the universe. The PS4 is the god of gaming systems and you are simply being atheistic about it.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#52  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

So ..

Wont be as powerful as PS4 but more powerful than X1 , nothing about 3rd party support and how to , if the rumor about cartridges is true , no fancy controllers thank god , nothing spectacular online wise ... So imho , what the heck NX does different than what Wii or Wii U did as a console ? And if its not more powerful than PS4 , assuming that in 3 years from now we gonna have PS5/X2 , how the hell theyll manage to survive ? Another life support/premature death ?

Baaah , i dont want to beleive that will be the case. Ill wait for the official reveal and ill base my final thoughts on the real deal not rumors. But based on those rumors ... nothing exciting other than the typical Nintendo 1st party titles every other console offered as well. Time will tell , we are near.

Dixonganesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By Dixonganesh
Member since 2016 • 129 Posts

I hope the Ninjas don't get him...

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#54 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

"Nintendo Reach" doesn't sound half bad.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#55 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69462 Posts
@93BlackHawk93 said:

"Nintendo Reach" doesn't sound half bad.

Indeed because their next console would definitely be reaching and reaching hard.

Dixonganesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Dixonganesh
Member since 2016 • 129 Posts

At least he said the controller would be similar to the Pro controller...that put my mind at ease a tad

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

interesting stuff. i honestly have no idea how i should feel about all this lol

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59  Edited By Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

I will wait and see. I was expecting it to be more of ps2 (ps4) to GC (NX) improvement than it being second fiddle to the PS4.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

If it's truly under ps4 in power I have no words left for Nintento

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Sounds promising. We'll see.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Yea, really believable. Fun to pull shit out of their asses, but these rumors are laughable. I especially enjoyed the "head tracking" part.

hanman9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 hanman9
Member since 2005 • 410 Posts

Thread updated.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#64 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

The updates are promising, very good stuff indeed.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

If it's 350 and less powerful than PS4, then that's kind of a deal breaker.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 iandizion713

@sHaDyCuBe321: Yeah, i like $299 price better. $350 is a horrible number.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#67 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Incoming easy, predictable jokes because of the name.

I predict this thing will flop hard though.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@iandizion713: though I'm taking these rumors with eight grains of salt, Nintendo needs to go hard or go home. 250, with all the major 3rd parties, full DLC ports of Smash, Kart and Mario Maker, Zelda, 3D Mario and Animal Crossing at launch gets them right back in this.

But alas we'll hear some BS about staggering big releases.

If they really want to go old school they'd include 3D Mario as a pack in game ;)

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By iandizion713

@sHaDyCuBe321: Yeah im not sure. I think if they can let users enjoy backward compatibility through a digital way, drop the disc drive, drop the harddrive, just give us a Pro Controller with Gyro, etc, i think they could hit under the $299 and still be more powerful then PS4. It would cost Nintendo physical disc games though.

But they need to do it anyways. Discs are old tech and not needed. Same with harddrives really, with having the cloud, i think people will need harddrives even less. And for a console, they kinda cost too much, look at PS4 and Xbox One already having problems with space on them 1TB drives.

The gaming market is ready, Mobile and PC gaming have already made the move, and if you want to appeal to them also, well then you need to setup a system that they can relate to. But i agree, a strong first party lineup i feel will get them a strong launch to get them right back on top.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

I find it hard to believe that a person in a position to know all of this information would be willing to break an NDA. Its about what I would expect from Nintendo but I'm not buying this rumor.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@iandizion713: in what world are cartridges better than Blu-ray Discs

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By iandizion713

@jcrame10: In a world that doesnt like long arse loading screens. Have you never played Bloodborne or any of the new big budget games...loading, loading, loading. I cant stand that stuff, it kills immersion.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 jcrame10

@iandizion713: nah I've never really played bloodborne not my style of game. Generally the games I've played have had loading at the beginning and then after that no loading. Currently, the division comes to mind

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By iandizion713

@jcrame10: Its pretty bad, PS4 and Xbox One has worst loading games then Wii U, and even Wii Us loading drives me crazy. I played SF5, Just Cause 3, Fallout 4, Bloodborne and Evolve on my brothers PS4 and all have long load times. Matter of fact, i think his MGS5 did too.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

I like these rumors more than the last ones and they seem more legit to me but who knows? I think it needs to be noticeably more powerful than the PS4 and have solid third party support. I need to see a picture of that controller before I feel ok about it, not a fan of the screen idea. I also want Nintendo first party to return to their previous glory. I could have never missed out on Mario, Zelda Metroid in the Nes/SNes days but I found no problem missing them on the Wii/WiiU. To get me to buy one all they would have to do is make a proper Metroid.

Edit: I meant to post this in the more recent rumor thread by Charizard but it works here too, lol.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 jcrame10

@iandizion713 said:

@jcrame10: Its pretty bad, PS4 and Xbox One has worst loading games then Wii U, and even Wii Us loading drives me crazy. I played SF5, Just Cause 3, Fallout 4, Bloodborne and Evolve on my brothers PS4 and all have long load times. Matter of fact, i think his MGS5 did too.

I dont recall any long loading times with Metal Gear. Just annoying credits before and after every mission.

Infamous Second Sun, Sunset Overdrive, and Last of Us are good with hardly any loading screens. Need for Speed is good. Until Dawn was good. I can't remember Witcher 3. Halo 5 is good. No annoying loading times come to mind really.

Except for LBP3. That game has some awful loading times, but thats probably the least of its problems looking at the big picture

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By iandizion713

@jcrame10: Yeah, i cant actually remember with MGS5, i dont remember any loading. Deus Ex: Human Revolution annoyed me with loading though, but i dont think it was so bad, just dislike loading a lot.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By jcrame10

@iandizion713: never played it.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

I just want to note that the faker leaker, when asked how he knew how powerful the console would be, said that he based it on just seeing the games running on it. He doesn't claim to know the actual specs, so what he's saying wouldn't be a confirmation that it's weaker than PS4. That said, between what he said and the $350 price tag he gave, it's not gonna blow PS4 out of the water if it is more powerful. Would you guys really want it to be super expensive just for that purpose, though? Advancements in GPU efficiency and price/performance have been very small since 2013, especially on the AMD side. Expecting a cheap console that's 2-3x as powerful as PS4 for an affordable price is pretty ridiculous, and blaming Nintendo for not going that route even more so. PS4 is pretty much the pinnacle of price/performance. That's going to change soon with 14/16nmFF GPUs, but even then early yields aren't likely to be very good. That raises the price even more and introduces shortages. It could easily push the price to $500 for a difference in power most of you won't even notice without side-by-side comparisons.

I'm already positive that he's lying anyway.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Techhog89

@AzatiS: There is literally nothing that they could do to launch a console this year to compete with the next gen, other than making it $700+, huge, and with extremely high power consumption. That's not reasonable, and I don't know why you would expect something like that. What they can (and seeming will) do is design the console with an OS and APIs that allow them to make a new version at any time while still supporting previous hardware. Basically, create a scalible platform. This approach is the future of console gaming. This generation will be the console generation as we know it.

SuperClocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By SuperClocks
Member since 2009 • 334 Posts

@notafanboy said:
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

I honestly think if it's less powerful than the PS4 it's to keep cost down and be able to compete with a competitive price point, not necessarily because that was their desire. A console more powerful than the bone with all the major 3rd party games, a new Mario and Zelda along with a $250 price tag for the holidays could sell really well.

Best part of the rumor is Retro as the Nintendo All Stars Action RPG developer.

You're insane if you think they can hit a $250 price tag without taking significant losses. Nintendo is getting screwed in the ass by AMD because they're placing a lot less orders than both SONY and Microsoft. Nintendo knows the NX won't sell more than 25 mill LTD, so they can't get better prices from AMD. The PS4 SoC was also designed to be easy and simple and efficient by the genius Mark Cerny, so that'll further put the price in favor of SONY. The NX SoC probably costs upwards of $300 while the PS4 SoC costs no more than $25.

The NX is probably much weaker than the PS4 while also being a lot more expensive to manufacture. I suspect it to be near Xbone in power and have a $400-450 price tag. The PS 4.5 will destroy it.

An SoC made on a 14nm node (Nintendo NX) is going to be much cheaper than it's larger counterparts (PS4 & XB1). It will also run cooler than, and be more powerful than, large SoC's at the same price point. Your claims are absurd...

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

This rumor sounds more legit. Though, $350 for a console that is less powerful than a PS4 doesn't make much sense. It needs to be $299.99 max.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 emgesp

@aroxx_ab said:

Cartridge? cant be that big games then, or is it digital download console? if so its another reason to avoid this ...

32 - 64GB flash memory is pretty freaking cheap now and that is talking consumer level prices. Nintendo would save $$$ on bulk purchasing and the fact that the same game can be used on both the NX handheld and Console.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#84  Edited By GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

@emgesp said:
@aroxx_ab said:

Cartridge? cant be that big games then, or is it digital download console? if so its another reason to avoid this ...

32 - 64GB flash memory is pretty freaking cheap now and that is talking consumer level prices. Nintendo would save $$$ on bulk purchasing and the fact that the same game can be used on both the NX handheld and Console.

true, but there is no comparison with the cost of pressing a disc. It must cost pennies for each unit (if that even). Although I'm not sure on what licensing cost there might be with using blu ray tech, but that might be just a hardware cost. Not sure on that one.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By emgesp

@GunSmith1_basic said:
@emgesp said:
@aroxx_ab said:

true, but there is no comparison with the cost of pressing a disc. It must cost pennies for each unit. Although I'm not sure on what licensing cost there might be with using blu ray tech, but that might be just a hardware cost. Not sure on that one.

Its gonna be cheaper at the end of the day if Nintendo only has to produce games on one form of media. Also, not every game is gonna need 32 - 64GB's.

Right now you can buy quality 32GB SD cards for $10. Nintendo would get that in bulk for probably under $1 a module as prices will continue to drop by the time the NX is released. It will still be way cheaper than what Nintendo paid for SNES and N64 carts.

Lastly, don't forget how much money they would save per console by having a card reader slot over a custom proprietary disc drive.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#86 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

@emgesp said:

Its gonna be cheaper at the end of the day if Nintendo only has to produce games one form of media. Also, not every game is gonna need 32 - 64GB's.

Right now you can buy quality 32GB SD cards for $10. Nintendo would get that in bulk for probably under $1 a module as prices will continue to drop by the time the NX is released.

true, and to be clear, I think carts are worth it. I like gaming so I have to put up with discs, but I hate them. Everything about the discs themselves and the hardware required to spin and operate them is just awful. It's tech with little longevity and it's all moving parts and lasers vs dust, scratches, and wear & tear. I'm just thinking in a big picture way. If NX games will cost equal to ps4 and xb1 games, then is Nintendo eating up the difference $1 vs 3 cents is a huge gap when we're talking millions of units.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By emgesp

@GunSmith1_basic said:
@emgesp said:

Its gonna be cheaper at the end of the day if Nintendo only has to produce games one form of media. Also, not every game is gonna need 32 - 64GB's.

Right now you can buy quality 32GB SD cards for $10. Nintendo would get that in bulk for probably under $1 a module as prices will continue to drop by the time the NX is released.

true, and to be clear, I think carts are worth it. I like gaming so I have to put up with discs, but I hate them. Everything about the discs themselves and the hardware required to spin and operate them is just awful. It's tech with little longevity and it's all moving parts and lasers vs dust, scratches, and wear & tear. I'm just thinking in a big picture way. If NX games will cost equal to ps4 and xb1 games, then is Nintendo eating up the difference $1 vs 3 cents is a huge gap when we're talking millions of units.

Taking a disc drive out will make the form factor smaller which = lower manufacturing costs. It will also save on shipping as the units will weigh less.

hanman9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 hanman9
Member since 2005 • 410 Posts

Thread updated, if anyone has any more questions i'll try to get them answered via PM and post them here.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@emgesp said:
@GunSmith1_basic said:
@emgesp said:
@aroxx_ab said:

true, but there is no comparison with the cost of pressing a disc. It must cost pennies for each unit. Although I'm not sure on what licensing cost there might be with using blu ray tech, but that might be just a hardware cost. Not sure on that one.

Its gonna be cheaper at the end of the day if Nintendo only has to produce games on one form of media. Also, not every game is gonna need 32 - 64GB's.

Right now you can buy quality 32GB SD cards for $10. Nintendo would get that in bulk for probably under $1 a module as prices will continue to drop by the time the NX is released. It will still be way cheaper than what Nintendo paid for SNES and N64 carts.

Lastly, don't forget how much money they would save per console by having a card reader slot over a custom proprietary disc drive.

Wonder if we going to see blowing in the games to get them working again?

Loading Video...

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

It's so annoying that employees feel like they can just go leak whatever they like. It's not their decision to make, so they shouldn't do it.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 emgesp
@aroxx_ab said:
@emgesp said:
@GunSmith1_basic said:
@emgesp said:

Wonder if we going to see blowing in the games to get them working again?

That had more to do with the stupid NES's "Zero Insertion Force" cartridge slot than the carts themselves.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

Sounds like some juicy rumors.

You're ready to believe these? Nintendo Reach, sounds like BS to me :P

Edit: I bet the NX is just NES and Gameboy rebranded, hardcore gaming to the MAX! Hipsters will love it too! Oh and did I tell you, my father is the CEO of Nintendo nowadays, he told me all this.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#93 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

This rumor was believable until the "leaker" gave Zelda a Subtitle.

Almost EVERY supposed "leak" that gives the new Zelda title a Subtitle has been fake.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Techhog89

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Almost EVERY supposed "leak" that gives the new Zelda title a Subtitle has been fake.

He also said that Nintendo will reveal the launch date and price in April. Nintendo always waits until 2-3 months before launch for that.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#95 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@techhog89 said:
@LegatoSkyheart said:

He also said that Nintendo will reveal the launch date and price in April. Nintendo always waits until 2-3 months before launch for that.

I don't think we'll get a release date for this system in April, but a lot of people have been discussing an April Reveal which I can totally get behind by. Though we have to remember that this is Nintendo and ALL of their Console reveals have been at one place and that is E3.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Techhog89

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@techhog89 said:
@LegatoSkyheart said:

I don't think we'll get a release date for this system in April, but a lot of people have been discussing an April Reveal which I can totally get behind by. Though we have to remember that this is Nintendo and ALL of their Console reveals have been at one place and that is E3.

Release info definitely won't happen, but a reveal before E3 is likely. They usually reveal at E3, but they also usually reveal more than a year before release.

Either way, we'll know for sure by April 28th.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

I feel like you're reaching here bro :v

@ianhh6 said:

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

@Desmonic said:

I feel like you're reaching here bro :v

@ianhh6 said:

always am #justshortiberianthings

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#99 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

@Legend002 said:

I love carts but there won't be enough storage space. At least not enough being cost efficient.

Storage space isn't a problem. We already have 512GB SD cards. The problem is cost. Instead of a 50cent disc we have a $10 cartridge, probably much more. Nintendo won't use straight NAND storage there will have to be some sort of intermediary copy protection ala Sony's stupid expensive MagicGate technology.

This will make games more expensive for gamers and/or less profitable for the publishers. This will certainly discourage the sorely needed third party support.

What do we gain? Nothing. Even super expensive UHS Mark 3 NAND reads slower than a 5400RPM HDD.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#100 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

@skektek said:
@Legend002 said:

I love carts but there won't be enough storage space. At least not enough being cost efficient.

Storage space isn't a problem. We already have 512GB SD cards. The problem is cost. Instead of a 50cent disc we have a $10 cartridge, probably much more. Nintendo won't use straight NAND storage there will have to be some sort of intermediary copy protection ala Sony's stupid expensive MagicGate technology.

This will make games more expensive for gamers and/or less profitable for the publishers. This will certainly discourage the sorely needed third party support.

What do we gain? Nothing. Even super expensive UHS Mark 3 NAND reads slower than a 5400RPM HDD.

That's what I said.