I stumbled across a New user on Reddit called 'desmotor' - claims to be another Nintendo employee from NOA marketing. So i couldn't resist asking some questions. The threads are quite recent so if you enjoy the rumormill, i encourage you to jump on the bandwagon.
Here are some highlights from what he has said already:
- Says previous leaker/colleague was embarrassingly fired.
- His colleagues know he is leaking stuff but Nintendo won't find out who he is. He won't take the risk like Trevelyan's source by proving his validity to the internet. He is doing for the 'fun and told you so factor'. Apparently Nintendo doesn't treat him well considering what he does, and things have gotten worse since the Trevelyan leak (a.k.a. SupermetalDave64), and he has no respect for them. Those leaks are the only ones which have been legit btw.
So, first off,
A media event will be announced in mid April. Event in late April after Starfox Zero Launches.
And... here we go again guys,
- 'Nintendo Reach' a.k.a. NX will be a staggered launch with console holiday 2016 and handheld mid 2017. Comes with a standard controller similar to the Pro.
"This is the name of Nintendo's new console - From what I have seen the logo is stylized in a variety of ways - One of them is stylized in a 90's Nintendo fashion and the other in a Wii/DS style -The marketing is split between hardcore gamers and Casuals."
- Is not backward compatible with Wii U but games will be ported to NX through a Reach setting and Wii U setting.
- The OS is one and the same for the console and held, sort of like Google chrome being used on different devices. Some games are shared.
- Is cartridge based, similar in size to 3DS carts, but more rectangular. Carts that can be used on both devices and have red and blue markers. Carts only on console have a blue marker and handheld only carts have the red marker.
- Handheld is about the size of the bottom screen of a 3DS XL with a freeform display which will be marketed as "The full immersion" display. it has some form of head tracking.
- Only major things online being pushed in regards to online are Voice chat, cloud saves and My nintendo missions.
- It lies in between The XBONE and PS4. Powerful and affordable.
NX will be launching with flagship titles The Legend of Zelda - The Fields of Dawn &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; a new 3D Mario dubbed Mario Underground (title TBD)
"Takes place in Truffle Kingdom underneath our familiar setting -You can explore this Kingdom to discover "Tunnels" to levels and "Gem" coins -it has all the Mario world's we have come to know and love but with a subterranean twist to each - A new Crystal Power up which lets Mario turn into a drill to tunnel around and for him to shoot projectiles -This is probably the most Story centric mainline game yet with the familiar crew meeting their Truffle Kingdom counter parts. -Bowser is playable. - "A graphic I saw showed a cross section of the Mushroom Kingdom then subworld then the Truffle kingdom."
- A new Animal Crossing is in the works.
- Retro Studios is making a 2017 holiday title dubbed Nintendo's All Stars (title TBD) and is an action RPG.
Well, what do you reckon SW? Worth a discussion providing that plenty of the old Sodium Chloride is at hand!
He has a few threads on the go so here's the forum link (on my phone btw so somebody could fix the link if the want).
- What Kimishima said about it being a totally new experience was a load of crap. NX is pretty traditional apart from the carts and handheld console interaction.
- Split marketing - casual (handheld) and core (console and console+handheld)
- Reach setting adjust the game to be able to play without the gamepad, Wii U setting requires the game pad and plays like a normal Wii U game.
Will ship with controller, console and 5 virtual console games, there is also a bundle that comes with 'MiiWare.'
- Scrollable wheels and haptic analogue are used for Drilling with the crystal power up in Super Mario UNDERGROUND and power up switching.
- Doesn't know what architecture is being used.
- No info on SCD
- Ubisoft's, EA's and Activision's yearly titles aimed for Launch.
- Console @ $350.
- Handheld Launches in the Spring of 2017 @ $199.
- High Budget and Retro styled ad campaign, using red and blue as color themes. No gimmick advertised in relation to the console.
- Handheld graphics described as 'jaggy Wii U games'
He only seems to be be answering PM's at the moment, so i asked him to clarify a few things and here are the answers he gave:
- Mario is sort of like octo valley from splatoon just expanded.
- All stars is very amiibo heavy but you can buy characters for around 5 bucks.
- Virtual console is being heavily marketed.
- Reggie hosts the NX media event a sneak peek of Mario and Zelda will be shown there.
- E3 is a conference with prerecorded footage being filmed in a couple of days.
- Nintendo and I think this thing will do well and probably surpass xbone.
If you have any questions that haven't already been answered i can try to get them answered via PM... bear in mind he says he's in marketing so he doesn't know specifics about power etc.
I must've missed this but I asked what the NX handheld was called a couple of days ago and didn't notice his PM reply:
Also, it sounds like ports will be limited to the Reach setting until the handheld appears:
"The only huge negative thing about Reach is Wii U settings in the ports being locked behind the handheld...you need a handheld for Wii U setting."
I am asking for clarification on this.