You want me to explain why XBL is worth every penny?

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#51 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
Universel Friends list
Custom Gamer pic/ Personal Pic
Voice Chat/ Voice Messaging
Video Chat/ Video Messaging
Gamer Score
Achivements
Demos
XBLA
Movies (in HD)
TV (in HD)
Downloadable Video Game Guides (only a fe games so far)
Music Videos (Artist of The n month)
Movie Trailers
Sent Friend Request & Messages through Xbox.com
True Skill Matchmaking
Cross-Platforming
Live Everywhere
IPTV (this Winter) - God this has me on the edge of my seat with anticipation.
Major Dashboard Updates twice a year.
Voice in Everygame
Talk to your friends while Watching a Movie or TV
Download Games While playing a Game
XNA
Gamercard (put it on your website, myspace, blog)
Live for Vista
XBL for Mobile phones (customemize stuff through your mobile phone)
Next-Gen Tournaments
Game with Fame
Downlaodable Gamerpics & Themes
Exclusive Video Coverage from E3, X06 & TGS
View a List Gamers you last Played with Dont Forget all this.JeffGenocideX
Avatar image for deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
Member since 2004 • 2626 Posts
XBL should be free. PSN is already better with it with lag free 20 vs 20 gaming.truesKill87
When was the last time you chainsawed somebody online? JUST for that XBL already bends "psn" over and rams a coal train up it's tunnel.
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts
Really, $50 a year IS CHEAP. I spend more than that on my GameSpot membership...

But PSN is going to copy Xbox Live! and already they have implemented background downloading...It's only a matter of time before Sony just rips off everything...

I don't care, as long as PSN works great they can rip anyone off.
Yellow_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Yellow_Rose
Member since 2002 • 16739 Posts

Why do Xbox fanboys say "you get what you pay for" about XBL and then say the system thats 100~200 dollars cheaper they say is better?

I'm just askin.. I play gears online all the time.. but I like me some sony.
cheatymcshifty

There's a difference between "getting what you pay for" and "paying for what you want"

What I have to pay for with the PS3 is not what I want.

Avatar image for Hammerofjustice
Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Hammerofjustice
Member since 2006 • 2685 Posts
[QUOTE="fixer293"]

[QUOTE="truesKill87"]XBL has worste racist/trolls than free services like Valve's CS 1.6 and CS:S. Your logic failed bad Yellow_RosexxThyLordxx

Prove it, or stop trolling.

he's right

my friend has also experienced it as well.
one guy's gamertag was "BornToKillNigs"
more links.
link 1
link 2

The ownage is strong in this post.
truesKill87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 truesKill87
Member since 2007 • 282 Posts
Really, $50 a year IS CHEAP. I spend more than that on my GameSpot membership...

But PSN is going to copy Xbox Live! and already they have implemented background downloading...It's only a matter of time before Sony just rips off everything...

I don't care, as long as PSN works great they can rip anyone off.
TekkenMaster606
How is PSN copying XBL when XBL is just an internet service? Who did XBL copy? Teh Internetszz. Dumb.
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 TekkenMaster606
Hell, I didn't want an MP3 player or camera in my cell phone...

"It does not add to the talking..." But damn, for a few dollars more, I get some nice bonus features that I actually like and use...

Face it people, those out there that live and die by price to performance ratio will defend spending less money to the death...
Fr3357YL3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Fr3357YL3
Member since 2006 • 646 Posts
XBL should be free. PSN is already better with it with lag free 20 vs 20 gaming.truesKill87

That's basically the only thing good about PSN right now. The Playstation store blows. The download times and horrible compared to Xbox Live. On PSN, it takes a good 45 minutes to download and "install" a 500mb file, whereas it takes about 20 minutes on Xbox Live to download a 1GB file. Now THAT'S pathetic. I'm not even going to bring up the multiple features and standard headset...
truesKill87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 truesKill87
[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"][QUOTE="fixer293"]

[QUOTE="truesKill87"]XBL has worste racist/trolls than free services like Valve's CS 1.6 and CS:S. Your logic failed bad Yellow_RoseHammerofjustice

Prove it, or stop trolling.

he's right

my friend has also experienced it as well.
one guy's gamertag was "BornToKillNigs"
more links.
link 1
link 2

The ownage is strong in this post.

Deserves its only post daily.
truesKill87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 truesKill87
[QUOTE="truesKill87"]XBL should be free. PSN is already better with it with lag free 20 vs 20 gaming.Fr3357YL3

That's basically the only thing good about PSN right now. The Playstation store blows. The download times and horrible compared to Xbox Live. On PSN, it takes a good 45 minutes to download and "install" a 500mb file, whereas it takes about 20 minutes on Xbox Live to download a 1GB file. Now THAT'S pathetic. I'm not even going to bring up the multiple features and standard headset...

and PSN is 4 months old...and already better than XBL
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 TekkenMaster606
By standard headset do you mean the 1st party product that Microsoft is forcing you to use because they won't open up the wireless in their platform?

Fr3357YL3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Fr3357YL3
Member since 2006 • 646 Posts
[QUOTE="Fr3357YL3"][QUOTE="truesKill87"]XBL should be free. PSN is already better with it with lag free 20 vs 20 gaming.truesKill87

I swear, it's like I'm arguing with a brick wall.
truesKill87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 truesKill87
[QUOTE="truesKill87"][QUOTE="Fr3357YL3"][QUOTE="truesKill87"]XBL should be free. PSN is already better with it with lag free 20 vs 20 gaming.Fr3357YL3

PSN > XBL

When XBL was 4 months old it was complete utter garbage.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
[QUOTE="Fr3357YL3"][QUOTE="truesKill87"][QUOTE="Fr3357YL3"][QUOTE="truesKill87"]XBL should be free. PSN is already better with it with lag free 20 vs 20 gaming.truesKill87

PSN > XBL was in the same period from its release.

huh? :?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
[QUOTE="Fr3357YL3"][QUOTE="truesKill87"][QUOTE="Fr3357YL3"][QUOTE="truesKill87"]XBL should be free. PSN is already better with it with lag free 20 vs 20 gaming.truesKill87

PSN > XBL

A brick wall would be too intelligent...
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

PSN > XBL

yet it was still better then sony's online plan for the ps2...weird
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

PSN > XBL

Since you won't answer in the other post truesKill87, do you have an XBL and you said you had 5 friends which had XBL and were thinking of changing what games do they play online?
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#70 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts
Questions: Where does the money go? Is it put back into the online service? If so, is it 100%? or 60% and the rest profit?
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

Because that $4.25/month guarantees it doesn't become the online community equivilent of System Wars. Don't know what I mean, I'll give you a great example.

There are certain fanboys that gets banned all the time from here but keeps coming back and trolling. One person in particular has made at least 20 accounts in 2 months. Imagine if this person had to pay...let's say $4.25 for each account they made here. Do you think he would have paid $85 to keep coming back?

Now imagine this type of person in a "free online community" where no one has any responsibility to maintain control because, after all, you get what you pay for.

Nuff said. ;)

Yellow_Rose
To bad the problem people don't get banned on XBL. They'd have to ban 90% of the Halo community if they actually wanted any sort of standards. But that's not going to happen. So I disagree with your statement on why XBL is better.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#72 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

[QUOTE="truesKill87"][QUOTE="Fr3357YL3"][QUOTE="truesKill87"][QUOTE="Fr3357YL3"][QUOTE="truesKill87"]XBL should be free. PSN is already better with it with lag free 20 vs 20 gaming.blue_hazy_basic

PSN > XBL

Since you won't answer in the other post truesKill87, do you have an XBL and you said you had 5 friends which had XBL and were thinking of changing what games do they play online?

A general rule on these boards... Only those people who have never tried Live like to critisize it. That's how you can tell if they are lying. If they say it's inferior to PSN, you know they are just trying to get attention and have never been a member of the service they are so quick to judge.  

NOBODY, not even Ken Kutaragi, would tell you PSN is better than LIVE.  They will just say that you shouldn't have to pay to play online. 

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="donalbane"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="truesKill87"] Since you won't answer in the other post truesKill87, do you have an XBL and you said you had 5 friends which had XBL and were thinking of changing what games do they play online?

A general rule on these boards... Only those people who have never tried Live like to critisize it. That's how you can tell if they are lying. If they say it's inferior to PSN, you know they are just trying to get attention and have never been a member.

Trolls flee when someone tries to pin them down on their "facts" or "truths". They try and pick at a minor weak point in someone's arguement and never respond to the main thrust.
Berserker_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Berserker_2
Member since 2006 • 5948 Posts

Because that $4.25/month guarantees it doesn't become the online community equivilent of System Wars. Don't know what I mean, I'll give you a great example.

There are certain fanboys that gets banned all the time from here but keeps coming back and trolling. One person in particular has made at least 20 accounts in 2 months. Imagine if this person had to pay...let's say $4.25 for each account they made here. Do you think he would have paid $85 to keep coming back?

Now imagine this type of person in a "free online community" where no one has any responsibility to maintain control because, after all, you get what you pay for.

Nuff said. ;)

Yellow_Rose
Good point. I will add that those who want online gameplay and voice chat by default across all games in one unified system: They are glad to pay $50/year.
I-_-I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 I-_-I
Member since 2002 • 526 Posts

I didnt bother reading this thread, but 360 owners have to be outright idiots for paying online fees for non mmo games. Nobody else does. Even Sony wasn't that stupid. Pc already wipes the floor with 360 when it comes to online gaming, and ps3 will too in time once the growing pains pass.

xflops ftl :(

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 donalbane
[QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"]

Nuff said. ;)

Ibacai
To bad the problem people don't get banned on XBL. They'd have to ban 90% of the Halo community if they actually wanted any sort of standards. But that's not going to happen. So I disagree with your statement.

They get banned from ever playing with you again if you give them any negative feedback. And if enough people follow suit, you better believe they will get banned. You must be talking about XBOX 1 Live... it's a lot better at screening out jerks now... they have zones, reputation, and a feedback system... 3 levels of filtering. SO I disagree with your post. Respectfully.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
MMO fees are ridiculous too, imo. ^^^^
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 donalbane

I didnt bother reading this thread, but 360 owners have to be outright idiots for paying online fees for non mmo games. Nobody else does. Even Sony wasn't that stupid. Pc already wipes the floor with 360 when it comes to online gaming, and ps3 will too in time once the growing pains pass.

I-_-I
Spoken like someone who claims to know things about something he's never tried. Why don't you guesstimate what your opinion will be of foods you've never tried for us. Here's one... Mango Chutney! GO!
Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts
You are right. Everybody on Xbox live are perfect saints. You never hear any geeky jokes, or racial slurs. You also never have any 12 year olds ragging you when they get a lucky kill on you. Xbox live single handedly made sure that would never again use a headset or microphone to play online games. Heck, they even have a shut up button for Halo 3.echelon
Actually, there is a shut up button. It is called muting! Learn it, use it
TNT_Slug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 TNT_Slug
Member since 2007 • 1735 Posts
[QUOTE="truesKill87"]XBL should be free. PSN is already better with it with lag free 20 vs 20 gaming.duncanvk
When was the last time you chainsawed somebody online? JUST for that XBL already bends "psn" over and rams a coal train up it's tunnel.

He talks about lag-free online and you bring GEARS??? :lol: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25318856&page=0http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25329639 On the original topic: The TC uses some dodgy logic to make a point that when you pay for XBL you don't pay for the service, you pay for the community. Only problem being that the XBL community isn't worth paying for.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Here's one... Mango Chutney! GO!donalbane
Mango Chutney am good.
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#82 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts
MMO fees are ridiculous too, imo. ^^^^Jandurin
i think so too. They should have one off fee for the game itself. And for special exclusive items, you pay for them individually.
Avatar image for Hammerofjustice
Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Hammerofjustice
Member since 2006 • 2685 Posts
[QUOTE="I-_-I"]

donalbane
Spoken like someone who claims to know things about something he's never tried. Why don't you guesstimate what your opinion will be of foods you've never tried for us. Here's one... Mango Chutney! GO!

go play CS on steam and you will see how pathetic xbox live really is.
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 TekkenMaster606
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]Next will you explain Microsoft's claim that 'The Next Generation is Wireless'...

All I see is an ethernet port and a completely CLOSED wireless platform...

TekkenMaster606
Agreed. Bring the explanation.

I'm sure I will hear that Microsoft does not want a bunch of third party companies making controllers and headsets because they will be 'cheap and not up to standards...'

Funny, my Motorola Bluetooth headset works flawlessly with my Playstation 3. Care to explain that Microsoft?

For some reason, tumbleweeds are going right by my post...
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 donalbane
[QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="truesKill87"]XBL should be free. PSN is already better with it with lag free 20 vs 20 gaming.TNT_Slug

He talks about lag-free online and you bring GEARS??? :lol: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25318856&page=0http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25329639 On the original topic: The TC uses some dodgy logic to make a point that when you pay for XBL you don't pay for the service, you pay for the community. Only problem being that the XBL community isn't worth paying for.

I've probably played 100 or so games of Gears and have never had so much as a hiccup.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

TekkenMaster606
Probably because there's NO good excuse for MS to not have the machine be standard wireless.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 donalbane
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]
Jandurin
Probably because there's NO good excuse for MS to not have the machine be standard wireless.

Maybe they wanted to keep the price down.
Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Firelore29
Member since 2007 • 4158 Posts

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]
donalbane

Maybe they wanted to make an extra buck on the accessory.

TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 TekkenMaster606
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]
donalbane

Of what, the console itself?

Because the price on those 'official' accessories isn't 'being kept down'.

$100 HDD
$50 Wireless Headset
$30 QuickCharge...

JeffGenocideX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 JeffGenocideX
Member since 2004 • 4853 Posts
Wow RFOM has 40 vs 40.... Huxley has 100 vs 100. Please come again. Also just because a game has 40 vs 40 or 100 vs 100 doesnt make it the best.
TNT_Slug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 TNT_Slug
I've probably played 100 or so games of Gears and have never had so much as a hiccup.donalbane
So you're saying that: a) All the other lemmings are liars, b) You always host the game, or c) You haven't played Gears since the content update (that's when the problems started).
Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts
are you kidding me?  I can think you don't even have xbl now.  There are so many immature little juveniles yelling and making the strangest sounds in almost every game!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
[QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="truesKill87"]XBL should be free. PSN is already better with it with lag free 20 vs 20 gaming.TNT_Slug

I think you're just mad your connection sucks. After I forwarded my ports and turned on my DMZ everything was fine. RFOM is BORING, EXTREMELY BORING, the graphics are HORRIBLE, the gameplay is "run around collecting weapon pickups." EVEN with Gears lag, it is still a lot more addicting than RFOM. But in the end who cares? PC online gaming is better than all the consoles combined. Most of these cows have never played a good game of CS or Gary's mod.
TNT_Slug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 TNT_Slug
[QUOTE="duncanvk"]I think you're just mad your connection sucks. After I forwarded my ports and turned on my DMZ everything was fine. RFOM is BORING, EXTREMELY BORING, the graphics are HORRIBLE, the gameplay is "run around collecting weapon pickups." EVEN with Gears lag, it is still a lot more addicting than RFOM. But in the end who cares? PC online gaming is better than all the consoles combined. Most of these cows have never played a good game of CS or Gary's mod.

Lol, what makes you think this is "MY" problem? I didn't post even once in any of those threads I linked. Instead of trying to discredit me, why don't you discredit your fellow lemmings since they are the ones complaining about Gears host advantage in those and many more threads.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
[QUOTE="TNT_Slug"][QUOTE="duncanvk"]I think you're just mad your connection sucks. After I forwarded my ports and turned on my DMZ everything was fine. RFOM is BORING, EXTREMELY BORING, the graphics are HORRIBLE, the gameplay is "run around collecting weapon pickups." EVEN with Gears lag, it is still a lot more addicting than RFOM. But in the end who cares? PC online gaming is better than all the consoles combined. Most of these cows have never played a good game of CS or Gary's mod.

Lol, what makes you think this is "MY" problem? I didn't post even once in any of those threads I linked. Instead of trying to discredit me, why don't you discredit your fellow lemmings since they are the ones complaining about Gears host advantage in those and many more threads.

Sorry I didn't mean to come off so hostile I thought you were that "truekilla" guy, my mistake.
TNT_Slug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 TNT_Slug
[QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="TNT_Slug"][QUOTE="duncanvk"]I think you're just mad your connection sucks. After I forwarded my ports and turned on my DMZ everything was fine. RFOM is BORING, EXTREMELY BORING, the graphics are HORRIBLE, the gameplay is "run around collecting weapon pickups." EVEN with Gears lag, it is still a lot more addicting than RFOM. But in the end who cares? PC online gaming is better than all the consoles combined. Most of these cows have never played a good game of CS or Gary's mod.

Sorry I didn't mean to come off so hostile I thought you were that "truekilla" guy, my mistake.

No prob, btw I think PC online is better as well.
mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#97 mythrol
Member since 2005 • 5237 Posts
First of all if you get what you pay for that mean PS3 is the best of the 3 systems. Also, on XBL I can also do the same and comeback.tegovoltio
Even I have to admit, this statement is completely ownage to the whole "you get what you pay for" argument. Because as we all know, the PS3 isn't worth it yet. This statement also owns such consoles as the 3DO, Jaguar, and the N-gage handheld.
trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts
That is one of the lamest attempts I have seen yet to justify XBL's price.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#99 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
[QUOTE="truesKill87"]XBL should be free. PSN is already better with it with lag free 20 vs 20 gaming.duncanvk

So much ownage, so little time.