You love KoA:Reckoning, so here's the making of

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts

Remember that rpg that actually had fun combat? No...not Dark/Demon's Souls. The other one. Here's some making of Reckoning. Now if only Skyrim's combat could be as fun.

Link

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

Risen 2 will pulverize this flop.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Shame the games really good.

They still haven't patched it yet. A lot of fun though.

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
People still care about this game...?
ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ispeakfact
People still care about this game...?Badosh
Only those who enjoy good gameplay, my son.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Good gameplay,KoA?
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Animal-Mother
Good gameplay,KoA?MonsieurX
It's actually a lot of fun and has a pretty deep combat system.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

That game was fail.

Playing on the hardest difficulty by spamming 1 button with your eyes closed = not good combat.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Animal-Mother

That game was fail.

Playing on the hardest difficulty by spamming 1 button with your eyes closed = not good combat.

Jankarcop
Just because you spammed one button doesn't mean the in depth combo system isn't there for you to use.
lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

The demo was fun. I'm still going to get this.

ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ispeakfact

More dlc coming also.

Teeth of Naros

More great dlc from a rpg that's actually fun to play.

Ironbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ironbash
Member since 2011 • 1132 Posts
Utter garbage game, reminded me of a gimped god of war style hack and slash. Dark souls stomps this game in gameplay and quality.
ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ispeakfact
Utter garbage game, reminded me of a gimped god of war style hack and slash. Dark souls stomps this game in gameplay and quality. Ironbash
I would never suggest that this game was better than Dark/Demon's Souls. The Souls series are the best rpg's this gen. But Reckoning was a new IP, while not Skyrim successful, did garner a positive reception, and actually has far better gameplay than it's Elder Scrolls sibling.
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

That game was fail.

Animal-Mother

Just because you spammed one button doesn't mean the in depth combo system isn't there for you to use.

Yes it does.

Going anything other than might was suicide, while instead might could roflstomp anything without breaking a sweat.

The spell system was completely broken.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60722 Posts
I've enjoyed the game thus far(pc version obviously) and have 2 missions left for main quest. Not sure if I'll get an DLC, but I think the 7.5 score is on spot.
ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ispeakfact
I've enjoyed the game thus far(pc version obviously) and have 2 missions left for main quest. Not sure if I'll get an DLC, but I think the 7.5 score is on spot. Heil68
I believe 7.5 is correct also.
Jabby250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jabby250
Member since 2011 • 524 Posts

I don't know why people kept saying that this game had great combat compared to Skyrim. The game seems decent/good (played the demo), but I like Skyrim's combat better. Yeah so you bash people with sticks the whole time... how is that any different from spray-painting everybody in a shooter throughout the entire game?

ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ispeakfact

I don't know why people kept saying that this game had great combat compared to Skyrim. The game seems decent/good (played the demo), but I like Skyrim's combat better. Yeah so you bash people with sticks the whole time... how is that any different from spray-painting everybody in a shooter throughout the entire game?

Jabby250
Since you've only played the demo, I wouldn't expect you to understand. Bethesda make great games, but their combat leaves a lot to be desired. Especially the melee combat. Very floaty, clunky, and unsatisfying. Reckoning's combo combat system is far more fun.
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

waltefmoney
Lol. Dont compare that trash to KOA
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

This game still doesn't have an update?

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#22 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

KoA is such a mindless grind. I really want to finish it and I'm trying my hardest but god man, it's just getting unbearable. Yeah the combat mechanics are good, but that's not enough to justify the bland story and characters, mind f*ckingly repetitive quests, ridiculously easy gameplay, and lifeless generic world. Don't even try to claim it's on the same level of quality as Skyrim because it's not. Skyrim actually contains a beautiful world that is fun to explore. KoA is just a drag from start to finish.

Javos_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Javos_25
Member since 2012 • 110 Posts
What a boring game that was. Played the demo and found the world I got to explore extremely uninteresting. The characters and quests are so boring I actually found it a chore to finish the demo and get my Mass Effect 3 armor. The combat is fun I will give it that, but I found Skyrim's combat infinitely better. People seem to forget that there is more ways to play games like KOA and Skyrim than just bashing enemies with a sword or hammer. Skyrim's stealth and magic systems are way better than KOA's.
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

KoA is such a mindless grind. I really want to finish it and I'm trying my hardest but god man, it's just getting unbearable. Yeah the combat mechanics are good, but that's not enough to justify the bland story and characters, mind f*ckingly repetitive quests, ridiculously easy gameplay, and lifeless generic world. Don't even try to claim it's on the same level of quality as Skyrim because it's not. Skyrim actually contains a beautiful world that is fun to explore. KoA is just a drag from start to finish.

Master_ShakeXXX
Sh!trim has nothing on this. I guess if you like whack a mole then sh!trim is better
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Master_ShakeXXX

What a boring game that was. Played the demo and found the world I got to explore extremely uninteresting. The characters and quests are so boring I actually found it a chore to finish the demo and get my Mass Effect 3 armor. The combat is fun I will give it that, but I found Skyrim's combat infinitely better. People seem to forget that there is more ways to play games like KOA and Skyrim than just bashing enemies with a sword or hammer. Skyrim's stealth and magic systems are way better than KOA's.Javos_25
Good thing you only played the demo then. The entire game is basically just the demo but stretched out and padded to a 100+ hour length. And as fun as the combat is, it's undermined by the stupidly easy difficulty. After your character reaches a certain level it becomes almost impossible to die. My level 70 something sorcerer is an untouchable monster who can clear out entire groups of enemies with the simple press of a button.

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Master_ShakeXXX
[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Capitan_Kid
Sh!trim has nothing on this. I guess if you like whack a mole then sh!trim is better

Great f*cking retort.
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

Capitan_Kid

Lol. Dont compare that trash to KOA

Sit down.

Bladebri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Bladebri
Member since 2010 • 239 Posts

[QUOTE="Javos_25"]What a boring game that was. Played the demo and found the world I got to explore extremely uninteresting. The characters and quests are so boring I actually found it a chore to finish the demo and get my Mass Effect 3 armor. The combat is fun I will give it that, but I found Skyrim's combat infinitely better. People seem to forget that there is more ways to play games like KOA and Skyrim than just bashing enemies with a sword or hammer. Skyrim's stealth and magic systems are way better than KOA's.Master_ShakeXXX

Good thing you only played the demo then. The entire game is basically just the demo but stretched out and padded to a 100+ hour length. And as fun as the combat is, it's undermined by the stupidly easy difficulty. After your character reaches a certain level it becomes almost impossible to die. My level 70 something sorcerer is an untouchable monster who can clear out entire groups of enemies with the simple press of a button.

Must be nice to reach level 70 in a game that caps at level 40.

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

[QUOTE="Javos_25"]What a boring game that was. Played the demo and found the world I got to explore extremely uninteresting. The characters and quests are so boring I actually found it a chore to finish the demo and get my Mass Effect 3 armor. The combat is fun I will give it that, but I found Skyrim's combat infinitely better. People seem to forget that there is more ways to play games like KOA and Skyrim than just bashing enemies with a sword or hammer. Skyrim's stealth and magic systems are way better than KOA's.Bladebri

Must be nice to reach level 70 in a game that caps at level 40.

Sorry, I was going by the number of skill points. Shes actually a level 20 something.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#31 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts
Good game, but they need to raise the level cap.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

That game was fail.

Animal-Mother

An in depth combo system isn't that great when you dont' have to ever use it.

KAO is posibly the easiest game i've played this gen.

Even skyrim's combat is more fun, as I can't beat Master with my eyes closed - while I can literally beat very-hard(KAO) with my eyes closed.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

Sorry, I was going by the number of skill points. Shes actually a level 20 something.

Master_ShakeXXX

I bet you haven't faced Octienne yet.

Hell, I bet you haven't even faced a group with two casters yet.

See how quickly your sorcerer turns to butter when that happens ;)

DualShockFore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DualShockFore
Member since 2012 • 316 Posts
Sounds like lemmings are liking this and cows aren't. No surprises here.