You Know Wii Could End Up Selling The Worst This Holiday Season

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts
with nintendo not being able to meet demand and with both ms and sony both able to stock pile their systems in stores wii could end up selling the least amount of hardware this nov. and dec.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18811 Posts
Nintendo has a billion wiis in stock. This is a PR move.
sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts

This coming from a cow? Yeesh.

If it's true that Nintendo can't keep up with demand, that just means that there is incredibly high demand.

The Wii is selling itself, and with SMG and SSBB coming out during the holidays, and the fact that its the holidays, it won't stop any time soon.

Navy_Sealz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Navy_Sealz
Member since 2007 • 336 Posts
Wii will probably sell the most by far if nintendo supplies it enough. WTF are you talking about...
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
wii selling worse?, HHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHEHEHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHEHA, i'm gona piss myself, if anything it will sell out even faster, and i'm preety sure nintendo will pump up production a bit, but there gona need to roll out more copys of brawl, galxy and MOHH2 then systems.
NECR0CHILD313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 NECR0CHILD313
Member since 2006 • 7025 Posts

Nintendo has a billion wiis in stock. This is a PR move.PSP107

A Billion Wiis! It's a production marvel!

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I think they are going to have a ton shipped to NA. It is not like they need them in Japan.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
Nintendo makes like 1,5 milions Wiis a month I heard.(correct me if I'm wrong) Can 360 and PS3 sell that much?
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19592 Posts
The Wii has games from two of its biggest franchises coming out this holiday season.
Even with the hadware shortage, it'll probably sell more than the PS3, which only has Ratchet and Clank as a system seller this holiday season.
Homesrfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Homesrfan
Member since 2006 • 5192 Posts

Brawl and SMG

Stock isn't going to a problem.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -Renegade

Nintendo makes like 1,5 milions Wiis a month I heard.(correct me if I'm wrong) Can 360 and PS3 sell that much?m_machine024

70% of all retail is bought in the last two months of the year so yeah it's possible.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Renegade

Brawl and SMG

Homesrfan

i'm not saying games are the problem i'm just saying nintendo being able to send thehardware to retailers is. the wii has been sold out near me since launch. soon as they get the systems in they are gone within days.

p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 p2rus
Member since 2005 • 2859 Posts

No, everyone and their mothe will buy one...

u knw i can imagine a moment like in Fun with Dick and Jane, where Jim Carrey goes for that interview and owns all those people with the empty water containers and fire extinguisher...only to find that the wii is all sold out.

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sexy_chimp

Brawl and SMG

Homesrfan

I think it is.

The demand is going to be way higher than the supply. Nintendo can't even keep up right now. Add two huge system sellers and the holiday season to that and its going to be very hard to keep up.

p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 p2rus
[QUOTE="Homesrfan"]

Brawl and SMG

-Renegade

i'm not saying games are the problem i'm just saying nintendo bening able to send the product to retailers is.

there is not going to be an issue with stock...and id get rid of your sig, its kind of rediculous seeing as how those staments are true.

p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 p2rus
[QUOTE="Homesrfan"]

Brawl and SMG

sexy_chimp

I think it is.

The demand is going to be way higher than the supply. Nintendo can't even keep up right now. Add two huge system sellers and the holiday season to that and its going to be very hard to keep up.

but it wont be the worst selling...its winning now so why shouldnt it continue?

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -Renegade

No, everyone and their mothe will buy one...

u knw i can imagine a moment like in Fun with Dick and Jane, where Jim Carrey goes for that interview and owns all those people with the empty water containers and fire extinguisher...only to find that the wii is all sold out.

p2rus

if they can find it. the thing is everyone and their mother has been buying one.

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts
with nintendo not being able to meet demand and with both ms and sony both able to stock pile their systems in stores wii could end up selling the least amount of hardware this nov. and dec.-Renegade
Doubt it due to SMG and Brawl coming out this year. Next year I can see that happening though.
ImError88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 ImError88
Member since 2007 • 653 Posts

I don't think so. I could see why someone would think that, due to supply constrants.

But, hell no.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -Renegade
[QUOTE="-Renegade"][QUOTE="Homesrfan"]

Brawl and SMG

p2rus

i'm not saying games are the problem i'm just saying nintendo bening able to send the product to retailers is.

there is not going to be an issue with stock...and id get rid of your sig, its kind of rediculous seeing as how those staments are true.

i disagree with both of your statments and i guess we will have to wait until after the holidays to see if they come true.

Homesrfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Homesrfan
Member since 2006 • 5192 Posts
[QUOTE="Homesrfan"]

Brawl and SMG

sexy_chimp

I think it is.

I fail to see how that makes it the worst selling.

If Xbox 360 sells as much as Wii does... it will be sold out too. I garuntee it.

Nintendo isn't going to be stupid and just send out their usual ammounts of Wiis. There is going to be a huge ammount of Wii's shipped.

lolag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lolag
Member since 2004 • 2370 Posts
they cant meet non holiday demand so its guranteed to sell out in minutes. but xbox 360 might be selling out cuz of the games to come and rrod. but lets not forget sony they taking break from makin ps3s cuz they have some leftover from launch btw sony whers my 1200 bucks
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
Nintendo is making about 1.5 million Wii's a month, so there's a constant flow going to retailers. Combine that with the units out there right now and there are a lot of Wii's to be had this holiday season. I see no way that the Wii sells the least this holiday season.
sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sexy_chimp
[QUOTE="sexy_chimp"][QUOTE="Homesrfan"]

Brawl and SMG

Homesrfan

I think it is.

I fail to see how that makes it the worst selling.

If Xbox 360 sells as much as Wii does... it will be sold out too. I garuntee it.

Nintendo isn't going to be stupid and just send out their usual ammounts of Wiis. There is going to be a huge ammount of Wii's shipped.

I know that doesn't mean its going to lose. If the Wii meets the huge supply Nintendo is probably making then it will probably have sold a ton. But still, the supply will probably hold it back somewhat.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
I think Wii has saved up a lot of consoles for the season; and theres gonna be a lot of demand and anticipation for SSBB
isthisnametakn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26 isthisnametakn
Member since 2005 • 75 Posts
Simply playing devil's advocate here. But All three consoles had a big spike their first day because they were able to quickly sell off units to their hardcore fanbase. However the Wii may still be in its spike where as the 360 being primarily a NA only console has satisfied the bulk of its fanbase at around 11.6 million consoles. I could see this possible because the Wii has a larger potential market. Face it: most American companies don't exist in any appreciable popularity outside North America. The point I'm making is IF the Wii happens to satisfy the bulk of its fanbase in the next few months, it could easily be dropped down to level equal to or below that of the PS3 and 360. The question is: How big is its current quantity of demand? People say that the Wii is going to blow past the 360 (even I have come to expect that). But it is always possible that it'll hit a ceiling just like the 360 has. They could be going full steam ahead, hit 12 mill, and then BAM! Everybody's satisified. All the people that'd want one has one. Their sales too come down to a trickle. Hell for the first time I've known our local Best Buy has upwards to around 60-70 consoles in their stores. May be an indicator; may not. But don't let fanboyism lure you into believing your console is some sales juggernaut. Because in the end... it's still a luxury; and sales will hit a slump.
azshorty2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 azshorty2003
Member since 2004 • 4651 Posts
yea thats funny :lol: you wont be able to find one for over 100 miles when holiday hits. just like the ds last year.
sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#28 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts

If Nintendo continues to produce at current levels, they will wind up being outsold.

I think we'll see more consoles from them when the holidays come around, though. Even if they doubled their capacity, though, they still probably wouldn't meet demand during the holidays.

darkmario123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 darkmario123
Member since 2006 • 1156 Posts
If Nintendo makes 2 million Wii's and sold all of them (can't meet demand), while Sony/MS makes 1 million of their systems but can't sell them all, did the Wii sell the worst? Not being able to meet demand does not mean selling the worst.