You biggest personal dissapointment about wiiu

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

I have enjoyed the console, but I am pissed that there is no true 3D Mario platformer along the lines of 64, sunshine and the galaxy duo. That is my favorite series, and the system feels incomplete without it. Ihonestly will not consider an NX until on is announced(if at all).

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

It's going to be gone sooner than I like.

Also, I too was disappointed with the lack of a 3D Mario a la (Mario 64, Galaxy, etc). Also, the wait for an actual Wii U generation Zelda has been too long by comparison to previous gens and therefore disappointing. I'm a little worried about how the NX fits into the equation and what that might mean for Zelda Wii U.

The online infrastructure and eshop also leave a LOT to be desired. Charging the Tablet in 1.5 - 2.5 hour gaming sessions is also annoying, especially when I'm hosting parties.

Finally, not a huge fan of the overly high single game remaster prices (Zelda TP, HD WindWaker HD, etc). Other titles took way too long to go down in price.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Lets see here, I would be gravely disappointed if it was my main console(underpowered, minimal 3rd party support, no Witcher 3 etc.) I would dislike Nintendo more than I do now. As a secondary console it's great, it still has plenty of couch co-op (had a gaming session with friends just last weekend: MK8, Smash, 3D World and Broforce, Rocket League on the PS4 + alcohol) and some great exclusives as well.

I don't really hate it for being so underpowered since I have a PS4, but the wait for Zelda U is kinda sucky.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

3D World is closer in design to 64 than both galaxy games. Still distant, but the game stresses speed. A lot of galaxy is controlled by the level design.

3D World is better than the galaxy series.

...but I agree........a Mario like 64.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#5 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Man, I feel like a crazy person for loving Super Mario 3D World as much as I do. Controls are sharp, levels are fun, four-player is a grand time. Is it Galaxy? No, but that's a high mark to hit.

My biggest disappointment? Probably the lackluster eShop. We should have had an insane amount of Virtual Console titles spanning across their consoles. Where is Super Mario RPG? There are more N64 titles I'm sure others would love to be able to get. Why not have more Wii titles available? And if you're going to bring GBA and DS games to the Virtual Console, at least work to get them to release more games.

Same thing with 3DS. Now we have SNES titles. That's great, but after this initial wave of six or eight great games (that most people have downloaded at least once already in one form or another) how long are we going to have to wait for other games to fill the eShop?

KillOnSight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#6 KillOnSight
Member since 2015 • 458 Posts

I felt pretty certain early on there would be a Metroid Hunters 2 on this thing, i actually really enjoyed the way that controlled on the DS, fast paced, very fluid, precise aiming, almost Quake-like. With more robust hardware, controls and online i thought for sure Hunters 2 would be their flagship online arena, oh well..

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

The lack of a console FE since 2007

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

No Metroid Prime 4 for the WiiU.....:(

Seriously.......WiiU needs a new metroid game.Metroid Prime 4 for the WiiU....that is what the funs want.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Yea, no Metroid. The gamepad could've been put to great use. Shame.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#10 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

No Fire Emblem.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I never bought one so I can't claim any disappointment.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Battery life of the tablet controller.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#13 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

This is one for me too. I really HATE having to charge it so damn often.

Another one being, it took Nintendo too long to drop prices on their games. Same deal with the Wii.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Another one being, it took Nintendo too long to drop prices on their games. Same deal with the Wii.

Yeah these two things. The gamepad has to be charged every couple of hours. Meanwhile the Pro Controller has an insane battery life it seems. They are worlds apart.

And some of their games just aren't worth full price (while others totally are). And it takes ages for them to go down in price.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#15  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I guess with how lacking its library is.

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 naughtyottsel
Member since 2016 • 1801 Posts

Nothing, it's easily my fav new console.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

Aside from there being no Zelda, Metroid, or F-Zero, it's that not even Nintendo could figure out how to use the tablet in any interesting ways. Now Nintendo is jumping ship to the NX, and as a Wii U owner, I feel like that I've been screwed over for buying this dud.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

Everything costs too much money, and with the perceived value of the system and what it offers overall being so low, I don't like spending money on products/games for it.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#19 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Not a lot of entries into franchises other than mario

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

I find the Wii or Gamecube a better investment. I was always a bit miffed by that tablet controller, I think they should have just enhanced the wii wand and focused on accuracy or added some features to it like gestures or a trackpad, built in analogue stick or something. It's saving grace is the fact that it's backwards with the Wii games and I would buy it if I did not have a Wii. But if it had a Game Cube compatibility, I would definitely buy it and probably get a couple of the Wii U games but most of them don't interest me.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Yeah these two things. The gamepad has to be charged every couple of hours. Meanwhile the Pro Controller has an insane battery life it seems. They are worlds apart.

And some of their games just aren't worth full price (while others totally are). And it takes ages for them to go down in price.

I just found a replacement battery on Amazon for under $20 that promises around 5 hours. The one I have now goes out at just over an hour.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@Renegade_Fury said:

Aside from there being no Zelda, Metroid, or F-Zero,it's that not even Nintendo could figure out how to use the tablet in any interesting ways. Now Nintendo is jumping ship to the NX, and as a Wii U owner, I feel like that I've been screwed over for buying this dud.

Fast Racing Neo is pretty good.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts

they had no plan.

i could see what they were doing with the wii. they were making a controller and a system that would allow them to make games that anyone could play. they had games that clearly demonstrated why the wiimote and nunchuck existed and the benefits they offered. they backed it with cracking games.

with the wiiu...no plan. they didnt make games that made use of the gamepad. they wanted to promote e-store sales...no HDD as standard. they wanted to get the COD crowd by making a console that is only a bit more powerful than a PS3 or 360...and lacks a more robust online service.

so instead of hype and exciting possibilities we just got confusion and pointless bloat.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

@Epak_ said:
@Renegade_Fury said:

Aside from there being no Zelda, Metroid, or F-Zero,it's that not even Nintendo could figure out how to use the tablet in any interesting ways. Now Nintendo is jumping ship to the NX, and as a Wii U owner, I feel like that I've been screwed over for buying this dud.

Fast Racing Neo is pretty good.

I keep forgetting that game exists. I'll have to try it eventually, since Nintendo seems to have permanently shelved F-Zero.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
  • Not many 1st party AAA caliber NEW IPs , if not at all
  • Very short life span once again
  • Missing all AAA caliber 3rd party games ( Witcher 3 , MGS 5 etc )
  • Low end hardware
  • Very few games on its most popular franchises... Only 1 mario , 1 Zelda , 1 Kart , 1 Smash ... then nothing ..
  • Full price for 3 year old games and ridiculously high price for system itself considering its in life support and a year or less away from its official death.

So many things are/were wrong ... so many. Lets pray for NX.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Three things: terrible online infrastructure and interface, asinine business practices (lack of cross-buy FTL), and the terrible impracticality of the gamepad for the software.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

Let's start with the positive. Overall, I'm very happy with the Wii U. It has provided me with a lot of fun; more fun than the other two current gen consoles combined. It has been the best console for my favorite genre (platformers) since the SNES and I also have not had this much fun playing multiplayer with friends since the N64.

Of course, if it was my only console, I would be disappointed with the lack of 3rd party support, but I have other consoles for 3rd party games so that doesn't matter to me.

Since I prefer the classic 2D Mario gameplay, I actually prefer Super Mario 3D World over any other 3D Mario game since it is the first console 3D Mario game to really bring the classic Mario gameplay into 3D, so no disappointment there.

My biggest disappointments with the Wii U would be:

• Nintendo still sucks when it comes to online gaming.
  • The virtual console service did not reach it's full potential. Why is there only one game released per week? Why are there hardly any N64 games? Why is there still no Gamecube games? Why can't Nintendo add enhancements like online play? I love the Virtual Console, but it had the potential for so much more.
  • I'm disappointed that the new Zelda will not have the realistic art style that Nintendo teased us with in the tech demo from a few years ago.
  • The battle mode in Mario Kart 8 was pathetic. I'm very upset over how lazy Nintendo was with the battle mode in this game; I expect better from Nintendo games.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Biggest dissapointment for me was the lack of a proper Metroid Game, as a huge fan this hurt a lot since it was the right time to experience the Metroid Universe in full HD with tons of posibilities.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

I think biggest disappointment is no Ballon Kid Remake, one day, one day.

Shrek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Shrek
Member since 2015 • 387 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: The Pro controller doesn't have CPU/GPU components, a dual display, or a capacitive touchscreen. Use some common sense in your comparisons.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Zelda U has taken so long to come out.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Less than half a dozen games worth playing

A slew of garbage games on the Wii U, that's if they show up at all.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 R4gn4r0k

@shrek said:

@R4gn4r0k: The Pro controller doesn't have CPU/GPU components, a dual display, or a capacitive touchscreen. Use some common sense in your comparisons.

Both are controllers. And you are saying I can't compare the two ?

What the derp ?

Shrek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Shrek

@R4gn4r0k: You are comparing the battery life of a game console with multiple built-in accessories to a controller that is nothing but a controller. You'd have to be pretty special to not see everything wrong with that.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

Nothing to play.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

The gamepad being a total waste of time and space, save for Mario Maker. Literally any other game on that system can be done without it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

My Wii U has been a hit or miss for the most parts, the biggest grip I had was the lack of no 3rd party games to justify my Wii U other then just plain exclusive games.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 R4gn4r0k

@shrek said:

@R4gn4r0k: You are comparing the battery life of a game console with multiple built-in accessories to a controller that is nothing but a controller. You'd have to be pretty special to not see everything wrong with that.

Yeah I'm saying the Gampad has an abysmal battery life. While the PRo Controller easily trumps the battery life of the Xbone and PS4 controller.

It's hard to argue facts so you just sling personal insults.

Carry on.

Shrek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Shrek

@R4gn4r0k: You compared the Pro controller to the 3DS, not the PS4 or Xbox One controllers. Your memory is terrible, troll.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 R4gn4r0k

@shrek said:

@R4gn4r0k: You compared the Pro controller to the 3DS, not the PS4 or Xbox One controllers. Your memory is terrible, troll.

Can you even read and comprehend an English sentence ?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#41 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Nintendo didn't try to get more third games on the system like BioShock Infinite, Dark Soul's 2, Crysis 3, Farcry 3, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid V, etc.

All games released after WiiU was and was released on everything, but WiiU

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

No Metroid Prime and no Zelda till console is about to be retired for NX,

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

The price for what you get. $349.99 was laughable at launch and the current $299.99 price tag makes absolutely no sense.

It should have been priced accordingly as a secondary console, but I honestly can't even call it a good secondary console as even Nintendo's own support for the console has been weak compared to previous consoles.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

I forgot I made this thread. I awanted an HD metroid, zelda, fire emblem(It would be amazing), 3rd parties from unique devs. Also the controller has been meh, which is weird because I have thoroughly enjoyed the wii mote. And the short life span is disheartening, def the worst ninty console since the virtual boy and this is coming from someone who has owned everyone since the SNES.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

Not the first to say it but I still have to say it. My biggest disappointment by far in a long list of dussapointments is the fact that there was no Metroid. That was also my biggest disappointment with the N64.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Best games to arrive in quite some time. People missing out on a lot of great stuff. Can't comprehend how people will buy lackluster $60 games a week with tons of dlc and somehow a wiiu bundle with two games for $300 isn't worth it.

Personally think people need to stop crying like babies about the price. I like seeing Nintendo charging more for hardware as it is a sign of them trying to get people accustomed to see higher cost Nintendo products. Plus they always get the best support and I don't think wiiu will be any different.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Eh, I have mine in the cradle when not in use. It lasts more than two hours for me, but maybe that's because I don't use it that often.

Shrek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Shrek

@R4gn4r0k: This is toddler level intelligence.

" the gamepad has to be charged every couple of hours. Meanwhile , the Pro Controller has an insane battery life it seems. they are worlds apart."

"Both (3DS and PRO controller) are controllers. And you are saying I can't compare the two ?"

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

The lack of 3rd party support, but a couple games will always make the console stand out to me- Nintendoland, ZombiU, Mario Maker

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

Pulled the plug on it too quick. No Metroid game. AL LoZ remakes. Lame 2D platformers galore. Bad support carrying over Wii VC titles, and required upgrade to play on GamePad. No GameCube VC. Slow e-publishing of first party content. No cross platform rights sharing for eShop titles.