Yoshitaka Amano is making a comeback to the JRPG scene!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

Yoshitaka Amano, the original artist of the Final Fantasy series before he was replaced by Nomura and his generic designs is making a comeback... Only for his reputation to be destroyed by Compile Hearts. Nobuo Uematsu will be making the music for this new game too so he is another one that will suffer the consequences of working for such a crap game developer.

LINK

Teaser: 

Square should seriously consider to call this guy to make art for a new FF game because the Star Wars setting is not only getting boring but Nomura's character design are equally boring too! Amano made some art-work for FFversus but just for the Fal'cie (or gods that bestow powers) but a new FF game with the old steampunk/medieval/fantasy setting of FF6 would be great!

Here some of Amano's old art

[spoiler] 936full-yoshitaka-amano.jpg

photo_133033725037.jpeg

[/spoiler]

#2 Posted by archvile_78 (8438 posts) -

Man for once compile heart might be making a serious RPG...at least compared to what they normally do.

Can't possibly go wrong with Amano and the great Uematsu...right?

#3 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6700 posts) -
Nomura>Amano Amano can't draw a face to save his life
#4 Posted by josephl64 (4424 posts) -

just because Compile Hearts never take themselves seriously doesn't mean they're horrible, this does seem to be a change in tone though

#5 Posted by timbers_WSU (6076 posts) -

The 3,000 people that still care about the genre should be thrilled

#6 Posted by cfisher2833 (2150 posts) -

You can shove your ****ng belt buckles and zippers up your ****ing ass. Amano is a thousand times the artist than that ****ing moron who ruined Final Fantasy with his unbelievably stupid character designs. 

#7 Posted by WitIsWisdom (5357 posts) -

timbers_WSU

The RPG genre? I guess I am one of those 3,000. That means there are only 2,999 left? Damn.... this isn't looking good... :roll:

#8 Posted by timbers_WSU (6076 posts) -
[QUOTE="WitIsWisdom"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"]

The RPG genre? I guess I am one of those 3,000. That means there are only 2,999 left? Damn.... this isn't looking good... :roll:

Millions like WRPG's. It is the JRPG genre that is dead except for the handheld market.
#9 Posted by finalfantasy94 (27423 posts) -

The funny thing is his art never really makes anything matter from what iv seen. They used it for some character face shots in the older games but thats it. I also have never been a huge fan of his art.Also just cause you dont like FF now dont act like hes some saving grace.

#10 Posted by finalfantasy94 (27423 posts) -

You can shove your ****ng belt buckles and zippers up your ****ing ass. Amano is a thousand times the artist than that ****ing moron who ruined Final Fantasy with his unbelievably stupid character designs. 

cfisher2833

can you give me a point where this amano stop making character desings?

#11 Posted by MLBknights58 (5016 posts) -

I definitely wouldn't call Nomura's designs generic, but over time I have grown incredibly weary of the designs that Square Enix (read: Nomura) is pushing out.  For once I'd like to see a male on screen and immediately be able to determine that he is indeed a male.

I didn't like the game all that well, but I think FF VI had a lot of great and varied character types.  I don't think Amano can draw worth a damn, however.

#12 Posted by cfisher2833 (2150 posts) -

[QUOTE="cfisher2833"]

finalfantasy94

The last game Final Fantasy game he worked on was Final Fantasy 6, although he did do some promotional art for SE for a while afterwards. His art style is very distinctive, and is one of the main reasons Here's some stuff from 6:

jWomanGreenV.jpgff6-terra.jpg

blondes-women-fantasy-art-swords-yoshita

amano-behemoth.jpg

#13 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6700 posts) -

timbers_WSU
You know the 13 games sold 10million combined? Do you get paid to be this stupid?
#14 Posted by finalfantasy94 (27423 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="cfisher2833"]

cfisher2833

The last game Final Fantasy game he worked on was Final Fantasy 6, although he did do some promotional art for SE for a while afterwards. His art style is very distinctive, and is one of the main reasons Here's some stuff from 6:

jWomanGreenV.jpgff6-terra.jpg

blondes-women-fantasy-art-swords-yoshita

amano-behemoth.jpg

Yea iv seen his promotinal stuff for games like 7. I just wondered when he actually stoped doing stuff for games is all. Like I said before never was a fan of his stuff. 

#15 Posted by bbkkristian (14971 posts) -
Hmm. I don't think I like his art style as much as I used to. I mean I can appreciate the old Final Fantasy works he's done, but to see him make new art, i don't know if I like it. On the other hand, I think Final Fantasy XIII's new artist is incredible.
#16 Posted by Ghost120x (5392 posts) -
Amano's style is quite different and I would love to see a cel shaded ff game using his art. It would be like a moving painting which sounds really cool, and It would be a refreshing experience that's for sure.
#17 Posted by V3rciS (2241 posts) -

Don't want to hype so I'll just wait for his work to be released first... looks interesting though

#18 Posted by whiskeystrike (12187 posts) -

If we're being wishful then bring back Hiroyuki Ito as well instead of working on lame ass mobile games.