Yoshida: Sony Having Trouble Recruiting Third Party Support for PS Vita

• 134 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

As we approach the first anniversary of the PS Vitas Japanese debut, worldwide sales of Sonys flashy new portable system can be described as slow but steady.

Despite an initial offering of what has been described as one of the strongest software lineups for any piece of hardware, Sony is still finding it difficult to attract third party developers to the Vita.

Were having a more difficult time than we had anticipated in terms of getting support from third-party publishers, but thats our job,Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studio President Shuhei Yoshida told PlayStation: The Official Magazine in a recent interview.

We will continue to talk to development communities and publishing partners and tell them why Vita can provide a great experience for the IPs they have and I hope the Assassins Creed game will prove that.

The exploding popularity of mobile/ social sector has developers anxious to shift focus to that growing market, according to Yoshida. However, he still believes Sony can attract small,independent studios with the Vita and PS Mobile.TheSilentChief

Let's couple this with exceedingly poor sales for the Vita- the Vita and PSP combined were handily outsold worldwide by the 3DS last quarter, and the 3DS has moved half of the Vita's total LTD in the last two weeks in Japan- and you know the system is in trouble.

Hopefully, now cows will admit all is not rosy in Vitaland. When even Yoshida is outright admitting third parties don't want to develop for the system, you know something must be wrong, very, very wrong.

SOURCE

And just for you video games journalism elitists, here's a link to IGN with the same Yoshida interview.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

...The Silent Chief.... who?

We are well aware of the Vita's difficulties there is no need for a thread every hour.

Looking at the source Implies you are scrapping the bottom of the barrel for doom news.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

We are well aware of the Vita's difficulties there is no need for a thread every hour.

Looking at the source Implies you are scrapping the bottom of the barrel for doom news.

Zaibach
It's from The Official Playstation Magazine, bub. I just got it from The Silent Chief because they were the first site I saw it on. If you'd like, here's a link to IGN talking about the exact same thing.
RulerofGondor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 RulerofGondor
Member since 2011 • 401 Posts
[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

charizard1605
It's from The Official Playstation Magazine, bub. I just got it from The Silent Chief because they were the first site I saw it on. If you'd like, here's a link to IGN talking about the exact same thing.

Lol, owned.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#5 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41526 Posts

Zaibach

How is Char been nothing but finding DOOM news for Vita? He wants it to do well (so do I, even though Sony's handhelds don't interest me as much as their consoles do). He's just sharing news about the Vita's struggles. Hell, I have done it for 3DS when it was having a hard time.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#6 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
I saw this on IGN a few days ago but didn't post it because all the Vita doom and gloom stuff was getting boring, and I didn't find the article interesting either. Nice to see Char finds it so.
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zaibach

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

charizard1605

SO, now what? still doesnt rebutt what I said. The Vita is struggling EVERYONE knows this....

This isnt news

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zaibach

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Zaibach"]

RulerofGondor

Lol, owned.

How was I owned? he linked a 3rd party source :?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nintendoboy16

Zaibach

SO, now what? still doesnt rebutt what I said. The Vita is struggling EVERYONE knows this....

This isnt news

No, not everyone knows this as we still have some defenders out there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Zaibach

This isnt news

Tell that to the people STILL defending the Vita and pretending all is rosy with the system.
crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 crippled_ram
Member since 2010 • 1583 Posts
If the Vita is doing so well WITHOUT all the support, how well will it do WITH support? If you want real handheld gaming, Go Playstation :cool:
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zaibach

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] It's from The Official Playstation Magazine, bub. I just got it from The Silent Chief because they were the first site I saw it on. If you'd like, here's a link to IGN talking about the exact same thing.nintendoboy16

This isnt news

Anyone who thinks the vita is doing well is a fanboy end of, why waste time researching doom articles to disprove them?

It makes no sense.

You want to claim ownage that badly or do you just have alot of time to kill.

A struggling platform not getting 3rd party support is not news, sorry :(

oh sh!t I'm in system wars talking to Nintendoboy and the Sheep king in vita doom thread. what was I expecting...:P

My bad fellas I lost my mind for a minute there, forgot where I was.

Its cool, have at! :D

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

Near future it will be my most played system but for now it is covering dust, Sony really screwed themselves with the lack of Vita marketing and Mass Market games like Monster Hunter, only person to blame is themselves. If the Vita ends up being horrible if Sony is still in the game we can only hope they learn from their mistakes..

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I'm so shocked! :o

Avatar image for deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
Member since 2012 • 1173 Posts
Developers are going to look at sales and current interest and simply go "No, Thanks" PlayStation seemed to think that the Vita would speak for itself on its release but truth is its getting no publicity anywhere expect for dedicated game shops. I can't remember a single Vita advert on T.V or a advert for any of there games, its almost like it hasn't been released yet.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] It's from The Official Playstation Magazine, bub. I just got it from The Silent Chief because they were the first site I saw it on. If you'd like, here's a link to IGN talking about the exact same thing.charizard1605

This isnt news

Tell that to the people STILL defending the Vita and pretending all is rosy with the system.

Who pretends everything is rosy? People are just combating the truckload of glood and doom threads being made every day. I recall the shame happeing with the 3DS and many systems before it. The PS Vita is selling like crap currently and what happens from now on will depend on what Sony does however, as far as libraries go at this point in any systems life cycle (6 months) it did better then most. That part pretty much is true.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bigboi500

Who pretends everything is rosy? People are just combating the truckload of glood and doom threads being made every day. I recall the shame happeing with the 3DS and many systems before it. The PS Vita is selling like crap currently and what happens from now on will depend on what Sony does however, as far as libraries go at this point in any systems life cycle (6 months) it did better then most. That part pretty much is true.FlamesOfGrey
ispeakfact, finalstar89, vsomethingdog, atarikid, blah blah blah...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
Member since 2010 • 4019 Posts

Look at the sheep trying so hard to downplay the Vita every single day eventhough they know it will overcome the 3DS eventually LOL

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] Who pretends everything is rosy? People are just combating the truckload of glood and doom threads being made every day. I recall the shame happeing with the 3DS and many systems before it. The PS Vita is selling like crap currently and what happens from now on will depend on what Sony does however, as far as libraries go at this point in any systems life cycle (6 months) it did better then most. That part pretty much is true.Bigboi500

Really? That's like calling out 360 owners for the way Loosing Ends posts around here. The only one of those posters who is not obviously trolling for the lulz is Finalstar.
D4W1L4H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 D4W1L4H
Member since 2011 • 1765 Posts

Look at the sheep trying so hard to downplay the Vita every single day eventhough they know it will overcome the 3DS eventually LOL

Davekeeh

I lol'd.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] Who pretends everything is rosy? People are just combating the truckload of glood and doom threads being made every day. I recall the shame happeing with the 3DS and many systems before it. The PS Vita is selling like crap currently and what happens from now on will depend on what Sony does however, as far as libraries go at this point in any systems life cycle (6 months) it did better then most. That part pretty much is true.FlamesOfGrey

Really? That's like calling out 360 owners for the way Loosing Ends posts around here. The only one of those posters who is not obviously trolling for the lulz is Finalstar.

And the guy above your post lol. Oh and Atarikid is being 100% serious. Scary, I know.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Davekeeh
:lol:
tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

I'm so shocked! :o

Bigboi500
[spoiler] I'm so shocked! :o [/spoiler]
Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="Zaibach"]

This isnt news

Zaibach

Anyone who thinks the vita is doing well is a fanboy end of, why waste time researching doom articles to disprove them?

It makes no sense.

oh sh!t I'm in system wars talking to Nintendoboy and the Sheep king in vita doom thread. what was I expecting...:P

So much asshurt. Don't act like you're above them. You are one of the biggest cows. You don't even own a Vita, but you flock to every thread to cry because of the Sony label on it
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zaibach

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] No, not everyone knows this as we still have some defenders out there.Grawse

It makes no sense.

So much asshurt. Don't act like you're above them. You are one of the biggest cows. You don't even own a Vita, but you flock to every thread to cry because of the Sony label on it

Above the likes of Atarikid, Loosingends and reach3? Youre damn right I am above them :D.

After 6 months I and a lot of people are just bored of the vita doom threads

And I think you have me confused with someone else, there are alot of posters with names starting with Z :)

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Char, I commend your effots. But don't you think this is starting to become a bit much?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Bigboi500

Char, I commend your effots. But don't you think this is starting to become a bit much?

Animal-Mother

SW getting a bit too hot for ya AM? :P

quickposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 quickposter
Member since 2010 • 1735 Posts

Animal-Mother

When the big cheese is saying it you know it got real. They gave it such a lack of attention at E3 because thats all they had for it.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

Bigboi500

Hahaha no. I just like intelligent discussion ( i know this is hardly the place but this has sort of become my home on the internet) Not the same VITA IS DOOMED 3DS IS DOING X, every single day. It gets to be a bit monotonous and is kind of counter productive to the system wars machine.
fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 fadersdream
Member since 2006 • 3154 Posts

Davekeeh
What did you do? Go back and just cut and paste the words like 360 and PS3 out of someone else's post? Wasn't true then, and it isn't true now. Also, Sandow is the reason I stopped watching those shows. He made something bad ten times worse.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#31 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

I'm not surprised in the slightest.

Ever since they showed off the Vita as the NGP it was clear that Sony was going into this portable generation with most of the same mistakes they had last generation. It's come back to bite them in the ass. It's too bad considering that the Vita is a nice piece of hardware, but you're not going to be able to move units with B teams working on AAA franchises and console ports.

I've always said I've been interested in the hardware, I'm just waiting for the high quality games that aren't found on other platforms.

In terms of the "Vita is doomed" stuff, it's been a lot less compared to what Nintendo suffered with the 3DS.Everyone was claiming it was dead and we'd have articles almost every day, the Vita has hardly been through the same from mainstream media.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

quickposter

When the big cheese is saying it you know it got real. They gave it such a lack of attention at E3 because thats all they had for it.

I know they did, but the 3DS also had a lack of E3 presentation as well. I'm not saying the vita is in a bad spot because it obviously is. But do we really need to read it every single day?
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Zaibach

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

Animal-Mother

Hahaha no. I just like intelligent discussion ( i know this is hardly the place but this has sort of become my home on the internet) Not the same VITA IS DOOMED 3DS IS DOING X, every single day. It gets to be a bit monotonous and is kind of counter productive to the system wars machine.

Its not even information, its just noise. Page after page of the same thread again and again, for 6 months :?

Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

[QUOTE="Grawse"][QUOTE="Zaibach"]

It makes no sense.

Zaibach

Above the likes of Atarikid, Loosingends and reach3? Youre damn right I am above them :D.

And I think you have me confused with someone else, there are alot of posters with names starting with Z :)

Where did those 3 come up? Cows sure didn't mind saying 3DS was doomed even though the sales were way better than the Vita's in the same timeframe. Nope, I'm not mistaken about you. It's easy to get a grasp of someone's posting when they have 9k posts of the same thing over and over. Not to mention with that chick you always have in your sig with that gibberish streaming too.
fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 fadersdream
[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

Animal-Mother

For a while there I was dragging out zombie threads because of this, but got cautioned against it... but I felt if people are going to post the same old crap everyday, why not just drag out the same crap and see if any one can tell the difference.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

lol, you guys believe this guy when he says he wants it to do good? Who goes around the web and find vita doom articles? How is that wanting to see the system do good? Y

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bigboi500

Its not even information, its just noise. Page after page of the same thread again and again, for 6 months :?

Zaibach

Cows are just getting a big dose of their own medicine for doing the exact same thing to the 3DS for the first 6 months of its existence. Tough the f*ck on up! :P

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Animal-Mother

I'm not surprised in the slightest.

Ever since they showed off the Vita as the NGP it was clear that Sony was going into this portable generation with most of the same mistakes they had last generation. It's come back to bite them in the ass. It's too bad considering that the Vita is a nice piece of hardware, but you're not going to be able to move units with B teams working on AAA franchises and console ports.

I've always said I've been interested in the hardware, I'm just waiting for the high quality games that aren't found on other platforms.

Haziqonfire

Luckily for me I always wanted a PSP. So the ability to download some older games while having some vita games at my disposal is great. BUT, I keep referring to the PS vita being in shape of the 3DS from the beginning. Ok starter games, pretty good backlog (3DS with the ability to play DS games was a lot better. PSP has ok games) I'd give it a full year and the holiday season to see what happens. We all heard how the PSP was doomed and yada yada, but it did make it to the end of the its cycle.

quickposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 quickposter

I know they did, but the 3DS also had a lack of E3 presentation as well. I'm not saying the vita is in a bad spot because it obviously is. But do we really need to read it every single day?Animal-Mother

When the media has a straw they grasp at it, especially this time of year. We got the same thing with 3DS last year. If it fails then I guess they win a medal for saying it failed. But look at all the times they've been wrong. We'll have to see what consumers say with their wallets.

For me, the memory cards are the main problem. They've made them expensive but you need them to play games. Why make it so high priority then charge the earth. At least Sony know there is a problem.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]SW getting a bit too hot for ya AM? :Pfadersdream

For a while there I was dragging out zombie threads because of this, but got cautioned against it... but I felt if people are going to post the same old crap everyday, why not just drag out the same crap and see if any one can tell the difference.

You're absolutely right, system wars is kind of like the eternal return theory :P
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]I know they did, but the 3DS also had a lack of E3 presentation as well. I'm not saying the vita is in a bad spot because it obviously is. But do we really need to read it every single day?quickposter

When the media has a straw they grasp at it, especially this time of year. We got the same thing with 3DS last year. If it fails then I guess they win a medal for saying it failed. But look at all the times they've been wrong. We'll have to see what consumers say with their wallets.

For me, the memory cards are the main problem. They've made them expensive but you need them to play games. Why make it so high priority then charge the earth. At least Sony know there is a problem.

Ya that is a big booboo by sony. A really BIG one
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nintendoboy16

lol, you guys believe this guy when he says he wants it to do good? Who goes around the web and find vita doom articles? How is that wanting to see the system do good? Y

Chris_Williams
Are you talking about Char? He has said numerous times in other threads that he wants it to do well. He's just sharing on what Shuhei Yoshida is saying on this. Damn!
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

Hilarious responses in this thread.

It's a topic that has been discussed for a very long time (Vita 3rd party support) and Yoshida just now acknowledges it as a problem, this is huge, he basically confirmed popular belief.

quickposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 quickposter

Chris_Williams

You tend to find doom and gloom if your looking for it or not on the internet. If not some website a forum will get hold of it. I'm still trying to find articles not involving Doubting Thomas and the theories on Wii U. Can't even wait for that one to come out before crying doom.

fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 fadersdream
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="fadersdream"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] Hahaha no. I just like intelligent discussion ( i know this is hardly the place but this has sort of become my home on the internet) Not the same VITA IS DOOMED 3DS IS DOING X, every single day. It gets to be a bit monotonous and is kind of counter productive to the system wars machine.

You're absolutely right, system wars is kind of like the eternal return theory :P

...and in one of those worlds, you are Batman. Sorry, Crisis on Infinite Earths is my favorite use of Eternal Return.
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Zaibach

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="Grawse"]So much asshurt. Don't act like you're above them. You are one of the biggest cows. You don't even own a Vita, but you flock to every thread to cry because of the Sony label on itGrawse

Where did those 3 come up? Cows sure didn't mind saying 3DS was doomed even though the sales were way better than the Vita's in the same timeframe. Nope, I'm not mistaken about you. It's easy to get a grasp of someone's posting when they have 9k posts of the same thing over and over. Not to mention with that chick you always have in your sig with that gibberish streaming too.

Right I see, after 9k posts you know very well? you've been following my posting habits since 2007 when I joined GS?

Thats dedication, please find the thread I created bashing on 3DS, heck I was one of the defenders saying it was still in its infancy and would be fine :?

But since you know me so intimately please find the thread where I did any of the things youre accusing me of,

Its Ok I'll wait:D

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="fadersdream"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="fadersdream"] For a while there I was dragging out zombie threads because of this, but got cautioned against it... but I felt if people are going to post the same old crap everyday, why not just drag out the same crap and see if any one can tell the difference.

...and in one of those worlds, you are Batman. Sorry, Crisis on Infinite Earths is my favorite use of Eternal Return.

Hahaha I hope so! :P I would say long halloween and the dark knight returns are my favorite graphic novels.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts
[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

nintendoboy16
Are you talking about Char? He has said numerous times in other threads that he wants it to do well. He's just sharing on what Shuhei Yoshida is saying on this. Damn!

he doesn't want it to do well, he's a fanboy and I'm not surprise to see a user blindly defending him when that user has nintendo is his name. I don't care if he continues to post these articles but don't post these threads and claim you want the system to do well, if he did he wouldn't waste his time looking for articles like this. If you wanted your business to do well would you go around and posting threads about how bad your business is doing? Thank you.
crusadernm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 crusadernm
Member since 2009 • 1609 Posts

I spoke with a developer of games. He understands why developers do not want to work on Vita. The costs of making console experience type of games for an install base of a million is not enticing coupled with the fact that Sony makes crap developer tools which makes doing simple task much more difficult.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#50 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Luckily for me I always wanted a PSP. So the ability to download some older games while having some vita games at my disposal is great. BUT, I keep referring to the PS vita being in shape of the 3DS from the beginning. Ok starter games, pretty good backlog (3DS with the ability to play DS games was a lot better. PSP has ok games) I'd give it a full year and the holiday season to see what happens. We all heard how the PSP was doomed and yada yada, but it did make it to the end of the its cycle.

Animal-Mother

The difference to me is the 3DS still had a lot of great games to look forward to. Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion 2, Kid Icarus: Uprising, etc. With the Vita, I don't know what else is on the horizon besides Persona 4 Golden and that Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation game (which I'm iffy about given the developers track record, but we'll see).

I agree, we'd be better waiting off a year after the holiday season to see how the Vita performs. In terms of software though, I don't know what else is on the horizon since Sony hasn't said much.