YIPPIE, even when XB1 loses it still wins [Revenue King]

  • 130 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for tymeservesfate
#1 Posted by tymeservesfate (2230 posts) -

http://www.totalxbox.com/73236/xbox-one-is-highest-revenue-console-in-america-for-february/

"Xbox One is highest revenue console in America for February

Both next gen consoles performing well, but Xbox One "led hardware sales on a dollar basis"

According to VentureBeat, a report from analyst firm The NPD Group reveals that American gamers spent $887 million on new games, hardware, and accessories at retail last month.

"February 2014 hardware sales increased by 42 percent over February 2013 due to an over 60 percent increase in console hardware sales," says NPD Group analyst Liam Callahan. "Within console hardware, we continue to see strong year-over-year increases due to the success of the Xbox One and PS4.

"PS4 led hardware sales in February 2014, but by a narrow margin with Xbox One selling over 90 percent of what the PS4 sold in terms of unit sales," said Callahan. "However, with Xbox One's higher price point, it led hardware sales on a dollar basis."

the ps4 is going to need a price INCREASE soon at this point. or more buildings will be a selling and more employees a firing. Sony is the company that actually needs to make more money but the competition is still doing better business than them. is this a case of Microsoft showing them how its done, again...i think so. you?

Avatar image for Suppaman100
#2 Posted by Suppaman100 (5250 posts) -

LOL wot?

The Xbone is priced 100 dollars more than PS4 so of course gamers spent more money (getting ripped of) on Xbone and sales of both consoles were close.

Anyway pls continue with your damage control lemmings.

The facts remain the same.

-PS4 is stronger and has superior multiplats

-PS4 is winning

-PS4 has best first-party support

...

Inb4 "bu..bu..bu..titanfall!"

LOL

Avatar image for dreamdude
#3 Posted by dreamdude (4627 posts) -

This could have just gone in the sticky.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#4 Edited by LJS9502_basic (162499 posts) -

@tymeservesfate: Uh you said "the ps4 is going to need a price INCREASE soon at this point"

That isn't accurate. Most consoles are sold at a loss until x amounts of units are purchased...ie the break even point....at that time they begin to create profit. The software sales until that time off set the loss. It's nothing new this gen. Happens all the time. No price increase will happen.

No tears....only dreams.

Avatar image for lglz1337
#5 Edited by lglz1337 (4942 posts) -

lol yippie but you get nothing no cent from MS

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#6 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

Is Callahan and lemmings aware that the PS4 and Xbone have a similar profit margin?

Swear to God, half you idiots don't know what you're babbling about.

Avatar image for crashnburn281
#7 Posted by CrashNBurn281 (1528 posts) -

Another worthless thread brought to you by tymeservesfate.

Avatar image for iloveatlus
#8 Posted by iloveatlus (599 posts) -

DC thread

Avatar image for Heil68
#9 Posted by Heil68 (57915 posts) -

""PS4 led hardware sales in February 2014"

All in a days work of the by gamers for gamers mantra and thus SDC, thank you SONY.

Avatar image for tymeservesfate
#10 Posted by tymeservesfate (2230 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@tymeservesfate: Uh you said "the ps4 is going to need a price INCREASE soon at this point"

That isn't accurate. Most consoles are sold at a loss until x amounts of units are purchased...ie the break even point....at that time they begin create profit. The software sales until that time off set the loss. It's nothing new this gen. Happens all the time. No price increase will happen.

No tears....only dreams.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/09/06/at-500-microsoft-says-the-xbox-one-will-break-even-or-make-a-profit/

wrong again bud...Xbox One came out of the gate breaking even or going for a profit. so...yea, ur wrong.

@lglz1337 said:

lol yippie but you get nothing no cent from MS

i get bragging rights -_- you get game delays/cancelations and bad credit ratings.

@crashnburn281 said:

Another worthless thread brought to you by tymeservesfate.

ur welcome

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#11 Edited by LJS9502_basic (162499 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@tymeservesfate: Uh you said "the ps4 is going to need a price INCREASE soon at this point"

That isn't accurate. Most consoles are sold at a loss until x amounts of units are purchased...ie the break even point....at that time they begin create profit. The software sales until that time off set the loss. It's nothing new this gen. Happens all the time. No price increase will happen.

No tears....only dreams.

wrong again bud...Xbox One came out of the gate breaking even or going for a profit. so...yea, ur wrong.

I see you did not understand my point....no wonder you have business 101 wrong. FYI...I was correct in what I told you....second...MS says "will" is not a basis for telling me I'm wrong.....and it's not a fact at this time. But in case you are still clueless....what MS alluded is basically what I said. Duh...

Avatar image for misterpmedia
#12 Posted by misterpmedia (6209 posts) -

I guess that's one way to spin it.

Avatar image for tonitorsi
#13 Posted by tonitorsi (8685 posts) -

Spinnaaton.

Avatar image for Shewgenja
#14 Edited by Shewgenja (19228 posts) -

This is some epic nut hugging right here.

Avatar image for shawn30
#15 Posted by shawn30 (4407 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

This is some epic nut hugging right here.

As much as it pains me to agree with you...

Avatar image for finalstar2007
#16 Posted by finalstar2007 (27925 posts) -

yippie? are you a 10 year old? lol

Avatar image for tymeservesfate
#17 Posted by tymeservesfate (2230 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@tymeservesfate: Uh you said "the ps4 is going to need a price INCREASE soon at this point"

That isn't accurate. Most consoles are sold at a loss until x amounts of units are purchased...ie the break even point....at that time they begin create profit. The software sales until that time off set the loss. It's nothing new this gen. Happens all the time. No price increase will happen.

No tears....only dreams.

wrong again bud...Xbox One came out of the gate breaking even or going for a profit. so...yea, ur wrong.

I see you did not understand my point....no wonder you have business 101 wrong. FYI...I was correct in what I told you....second...MS says "will" is not a basis for telling me I'm wrong.....and it's not a fact at this time. But in case you are still clueless....what MS alluded is basically what I said. Duh...

At $500, Microsoft Says The Xbox One Will Break Even Or Make A Profit

Avatar image for happyduds77
#18 Posted by happyduds77 (1688 posts) -

But America isn't the only country.

Avatar image for tymeservesfate
#19 Edited by tymeservesfate (2230 posts) -
@tonitorsi said:

Spinnaaton.

Spinaroonii XD

@finalstar2007: @shawn30: @Shewgenja:

goodlord though, some of you guys take this stuff way too seriously though. it's an obvious tongue in cheek thread and some of you are posting like i'm a cow and would actually back any company to the extent of my last two threads. i would have thought the pic i added to it would have made it self explanatory LOL....oh well...

my god...can i sell any of y'all the Golden Gate Bridge...i have two.

Avatar image for MBirdy88
#20 Edited by MBirdy88 (12200 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

LOL wot?

The Xbone is priced 100 dollars more than PS4 so of course gamers spent more money (getting ripped of) on Xbone and sales of both consoles were close.

Anyway pls continue with your damage control lemmings.

The facts remain the same.

-PS4 is stronger and has superior multiplats

-PS4 is winning

-PS4 has best first-party support

...

Inb4 "bu..bu..bu..titanfall!"

LOL

shame it has no games... poor cows... and lemmings.... your both buying turds.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#21 Posted by LJS9502_basic (162499 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@tymeservesfate: Uh you said "the ps4 is going to need a price INCREASE soon at this point"

That isn't accurate. Most consoles are sold at a loss until x amounts of units are purchased...ie the break even point....at that time they begin create profit. The software sales until that time off set the loss. It's nothing new this gen. Happens all the time. No price increase will happen.

No tears....only dreams.

wrong again bud...Xbox One came out of the gate breaking even or going for a profit. so...yea, ur wrong.

I see you did not understand my point....no wonder you have business 101 wrong. FYI...I was correct in what I told you....second...MS says "will" is not a basis for telling me I'm wrong.....and it's not a fact at this time. But in case you are still clueless....what MS alluded is basically what I said. Duh...

At $500, Microsoft Says The Xbox One Will Break Even Or Make A Profit

And? Like I said at some point they do. You're not really posting anything new. And you don't know when that point will happen either.

Avatar image for Suppaman100
#22 Edited by Suppaman100 (5250 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

LOL wot?

The Xbone is priced 100 dollars more than PS4 so of course gamers spent more money (getting ripped of) on Xbone and sales of both consoles were close.

Anyway pls continue with your damage control lemmings.

The facts remain the same.

-PS4 is stronger and has superior multiplats

-PS4 is winning

-PS4 has best first-party support

...

Inb4 "bu..bu..bu..titanfall!"

LOL

shame it has no games... poor cows... and lemmings.... your both buying turds.

Consoles are just out, only fools expect a big library of exclusive AAA games from the start.

That's why u never buy a console at launch.

Avatar image for WilliamRLBaker
#23 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28915 posts) -

What can you expect? Microsoft makes money, Sony loses money and then sells property and insurance and lays off employee's to stay afloat.

Avatar image for tymeservesfate
#24 Posted by tymeservesfate (2230 posts) -

@happyduds77 said:

But America isn't the only country.

the promotion is for the UK

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#25 Posted by LJS9502_basic (162499 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

What can you expect? Microsoft makes money, Sony loses money and then sells property and insurance and lays off employee's to stay afloat.

Little naive thinking here. MS will look at each division. If a division isn't generating profit then it can be closed. MS doesn't keep unprofitable divisions going for long. So it doesn't always matter what the overall health of the corporation is....but also the divisions.

Avatar image for MBirdy88
#26 Posted by MBirdy88 (12200 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

LOL wot?

The Xbone is priced 100 dollars more than PS4 so of course gamers spent more money (getting ripped of) on Xbone and sales of both consoles were close.

Anyway pls continue with your damage control lemmings.

The facts remain the same.

-PS4 is stronger and has superior multiplats

-PS4 is winning

-PS4 has best first-party support

...

Inb4 "bu..bu..bu..titanfall!"

LOL

shame it has no games... poor cows... and lemmings.... your both buying turds.

Consoles are just out, only fools expect a big library of exclusive AAA games from the start.

That's why u never buy a console at launch.

Indeed, maybe you will have... 2-3 games in 2 years.... 10 in 4... maybe.

Avatar image for nervmeister
#27 Posted by nervmeister (15378 posts) -

How many new, hilariously specific categories of "King" can we expect lems to pull out their ass by the end of this gen in order to damage control?

Avatar image for Suppaman100
#28 Posted by Suppaman100 (5250 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

LOL wot?

The Xbone is priced 100 dollars more than PS4 so of course gamers spent more money (getting ripped of) on Xbone and sales of both consoles were close.

Anyway pls continue with your damage control lemmings.

The facts remain the same.

-PS4 is stronger and has superior multiplats

-PS4 is winning

-PS4 has best first-party support

...

Inb4 "bu..bu..bu..titanfall!"

LOL

shame it has no games... poor cows... and lemmings.... your both buying turds.

Consoles are just out, only fools expect a big library of exclusive AAA games from the start.

That's why u never buy a console at launch.

Indeed, maybe you will have... 2-3 games in 2 years.... 10 in 4... maybe.

Lol strong exagerration.

But what's a better alternative? PC? LMFAO, indies, indies and indies.

Avatar image for CloudStrife213
#29 Edited by CloudStrife213 (430 posts) -

More sales does not equal to more money if you are selling at a loss/little/insignificant profit which results to a lower profit margin.

On the other hand, if you sell something with the selling price being much higher than costs, that is when you get a higher profit margin.

Revenue does not equal net profit.

Avatar image for bforrester420
#30 Posted by bforrester420 (3480 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Is Callahan and lemmings aware that the PS4 and Xbone have a similar profit margin?

Swear to God, half you idiots don't know what you're babbling about.

This. Revenue <> Net Income

Avatar image for bforrester420
#31 Posted by bforrester420 (3480 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

What can you expect? Microsoft makes money, Sony loses money and then sells property and insurance and lays off employee's to stay afloat.

Still living at home with Mommy in Noblesville?

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#32 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@nervmeister said:

How many new, hilariously specific categories of "King" can we expect lems to pull out their ass by the end of this gen in order to damage control?

Console size king.

Avatar image for delta3074
#33 Posted by delta3074 (19951 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

-PS4 has best first-party support

Really? what multiplats have been released on the PS4 that are not on the xbone?

Because i can name one multiplat thats on the Xbone and not on the Ps4

TITANFALL,lol

Ps4 doesn't have better third party support at all dude, stop pulling rubbish out of your backside.

The rest i agree with but thats just a stupid statement

Avatar image for MBirdy88
#34 Posted by MBirdy88 (12200 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

LOL wot?

The Xbone is priced 100 dollars more than PS4 so of course gamers spent more money (getting ripped of) on Xbone and sales of both consoles were close.

Anyway pls continue with your damage control lemmings.

The facts remain the same.

-PS4 is stronger and has superior multiplats

-PS4 is winning

-PS4 has best first-party support

...

Inb4 "bu..bu..bu..titanfall!"

LOL

shame it has no games... poor cows... and lemmings.... your both buying turds.

Consoles are just out, only fools expect a big library of exclusive AAA games from the start.

That's why u never buy a console at launch.

Indeed, maybe you will have... 2-3 games in 2 years.... 10 in 4... maybe.

Lol strong exagerration.

But what's a better alternative? PC? LMFAO, indies, indies and indies.

Exaggeration? nope.

Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.

Avatar image for ni6htmare01
#35 Posted by ni6htmare01 (2641 posts) -

@delta3074 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

-PS4 has best first-party support

Really? what multiplats have been released on the PS4 that are not on the xbone?

Because i can name one multiplat thats on the Xbone and not on the Ps4

TITANFALL,lol

Ps4 doesn't have better third party support at all dude, stop pulling rubbish out of your backside.

The rest i agree with but thats just a stupid statement

I can name you another one FF14! Ohs that is right! Is not on Xb1 So here you go!

Avatar image for bforrester420
#36 Edited by bforrester420 (3480 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

lol yippie but you get nothing no cent from MS

I do, even though I don't or won't own an Xbox, any Xbox. They're called "Dividend Payments", and Microsoft pays out $1.12 per share.

Avatar image for bforrester420
#37 Posted by bforrester420 (3480 posts) -

@delta3074 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

-PS4 has best first-party support

Really? what multiplats have been released on the PS4 that are not on the xbone?

Because i can name one multiplat thats on the Xbone and not on the Ps4

TITANFALL,lol

Ps4 doesn't have better third party support at all dude, stop pulling rubbish out of your backside.

The rest i agree with but thats just a stupid statement

You might try reading what you quoted. He clearly stated "First Party"

Avatar image for casharmy
#38 Posted by casharmy (9388 posts) -

This is something lemmings actually think is worth bragging about? Wow.

Avatar image for ni6htmare01
#39 Posted by ni6htmare01 (2641 posts) -

@casharmy said:

This is something lemmings actually think is worth bragging about? Wow.

what else can they brag? LOL I can talk to my TV?? lol

Avatar image for arkephonic
#40 Posted by arkephonic (6734 posts) -

The funniest thing here is that Lems are bragging about paying too much for a console, saying it's a good thing that Microsoft is selling their console at a profit and Sony isn't. We're all consumers here. People buying the PS4 are getting more for their money at a discounted price and Xbone buyers are paying more money than they should be so Microsoft can turn a profit. Good for the company, bad for the consumer.

I've heard the term that Lems like taking it up the rear from M$, but this seals the deal.

Avatar image for delta3074
#41 Posted by delta3074 (19951 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

@delta3074 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

-PS4 has best first-party support

Really? what multiplats have been released on the PS4 that are not on the xbone?

Because i can name one multiplat thats on the Xbone and not on the Ps4

TITANFALL,lol

Ps4 doesn't have better third party support at all dude, stop pulling rubbish out of your backside.

The rest i agree with but thats just a stupid statement

You might try reading what you quoted. He clearly stated "First Party"

oops, yeah, i apologise, didn't have my reading lasses on when i wrote that, but even thats debatable now because MS has just as many if not more first party studios (if you can figure out which ones actually Exist and are not just on paper)

Avatar image for tymeservesfate
#42 Edited by tymeservesfate (2230 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

What can you expect? Microsoft makes money, Sony loses money and then sells property and insurance and lays off employee's to stay afloat.

Little naive thinking here. MS will look at each division. If a division isn't generating profit then it can be closed. MS doesn't keep unprofitable divisions going for long. So it doesn't always matter what the overall health of the corporation is....but also the divisions.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/9/5488926/microsoft-remains-extremely-committed-to-xbox-says-phil-spencer

"And they remain extremely committed to us succeeding with Xbox, which is nice to hear, right? It's something that resonates well inside the walls when you're talking to the teams, or when I stand in front of Xbox fans, I want to make sure that they understand we are extremely committed to this product."

http://www.totalxbox.com/72947/xbox-to-stay-with-microsoft-says-boss-man-phil-spencer/

"Xbox to stay with Microsoft says boss man Phil Spencer

New management "extremely committed" to Xbox"

don't worry, they're in it to win it.

Avatar image for jsmoke03
#43 Posted by jsmoke03 (13696 posts) -

but they still sell it at a loss....so uh....

Avatar image for Sushiglutton
#44 Posted by Sushiglutton (6834 posts) -

I think volume is more important than revenue for hardware. You don't make any money on it, so you just want to push out as many as possible so that people can buy software for it. Also since all multiplats are better on Ps4 Sony has the manticore-advantage.

Avatar image for ni6htmare01
#45 Posted by ni6htmare01 (2641 posts) -
@delta3074 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@delta3074 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

-PS4 has best first-party support

Really? what multiplats have been released on the PS4 that are not on the xbone?

Because i can name one multiplat thats on the Xbone and not on the Ps4

TITANFALL,lol

Ps4 doesn't have better third party support at all dude, stop pulling rubbish out of your backside.

The rest i agree with but thats just a stupid statement

You might try reading what you quoted. He clearly stated "First Party"

oops, yeah, i apologise, didn't have my reading lasses on when i wrote that, but even thats debatable now because MS has just as many if not more first party studios (if you can figure out which ones actually Exist and are not just on paper)

Mainly I guess he is talking about Naughty Dog who were amazing last gen

Avatar image for jsmoke03
#46 Posted by jsmoke03 (13696 posts) -

@ni6htmare01 said:
@delta3074 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@delta3074 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

-PS4 has best first-party support

Really? what multiplats have been released on the PS4 that are not on the xbone?

Because i can name one multiplat thats on the Xbone and not on the Ps4

TITANFALL,lol

Ps4 doesn't have better third party support at all dude, stop pulling rubbish out of your backside.

The rest i agree with but thats just a stupid statement

You might try reading what you quoted. He clearly stated "First Party"

oops, yeah, i apologise, didn't have my reading lasses on when i wrote that, but even thats debatable now because MS has just as many if not more first party studios (if you can figure out which ones actually Exist and are not just on paper)

Mainly I guess he is talking about Naughty Dog who were amazing last gen

ms does not have as many first party studios as sony. ryse and deadrising 3 are from third party devs.....theres only halo/gears/forza/fable devs

Avatar image for kinectthedots
#47 Posted by kinectthedots (3383 posts) -

"YIPPIE"?

So lemmings are excited that they were overcharged by MS for an under-powered console just so they can say MS put more money in their pockets?

Avatar image for PinkieWinkie
#48 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) -

Wow...lems hyping "revenue" now..hope they understand thats because their console is $100 more expensive, while also being less powerful.

Good one lemmings, you got us real good.

Avatar image for blackace
#49 Edited by blackace (23576 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

lol yippie but you get nothing no cent from MS

You get nothing from Sony, even though you're under their @$$ like a pet begging for treats.

Both systems are selling at a loss currently anyways. The difference is M$ isn't selling any HQ's or laying off 6000 workers to make ends meet.

Avatar image for tormentos
#50 Edited by tormentos (26637 posts) -

286,000 X $400 = $114,400,000

258,000 X $500 = 129,000,000

Example.

Live is also $60 PSN+ is $50.

Did they say how much sony make.?

lol MS if we can't beat you,we hype any crappy advantage we have,or miss lead people into thinking we have record breaking sales..hahaha