XIII Remake announced - Coming november 2019

#1 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9596 posts) -

Soruce

out of nowhear its announced

Remake of some old comic book style FPS. and i really liked the original game. despite it was flawed. hope it will see some improvement.

#2 Posted by Mandzilla (4037 posts) -

That's pretty random.

#3 Edited by uninspiredcup (32777 posts) -

The game doesn't actually need remade, but I guess maybe will actually buy it this time.

#4 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9596 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

The game doesn't actually need remade, but I guess maybe will actually buy it this time.

it was actually better than NOLF.

#5 Posted by uninspiredcup (32777 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

it was actually better than NOLF.

Unfortunately I don't remember much of the game beyond throwing knifes it's an unusual art-style.

#6 Posted by DaVillain- (36033 posts) -

Now this is something I never expected to see again, XIII in this day & age. I played XIII on Gamecube, the original is one of my favorite FPS of 6th gen, but it didn't do very well. They left the game on a cliffhanger and cancelled the sequel. I shall most definitely be keeping an eye on this remake and hopefully the experience remains like on PS2/Gamecube era.

#7 Posted by Raining51 (804 posts) -

@mandzilla said:

That's pretty random.

I'm not disappointed though.

#8 Posted by Litchie (23706 posts) -

Cool! I really liked it too.

#9 Posted by Robbie23 (319 posts) -

Awesome, I really enjoyed this game as a kid.

#10 Posted by AJStyles (736 posts) -

Siiiiick. Will buy when it’s on sale for $13.

#11 Posted by watercrack445 (1443 posts) -

Am I the only one that doesn't know this game? Most people on this forum know their games from up to the 60s and 70s.

#12 Posted by JasonOfA36 (1208 posts) -

Wow, what a random remake out of the blue. Not gonna lie, I did like the original XIII a bit back then. But it's not that unique now.

#13 Posted by biggest_loser (24310 posts) -

Why couldn't they remake No One Lives Forever instead?

XIII doesn't even rate that highly. 6.4 here on Gamespot...

#14 Edited by AJStyles (736 posts) -

@watercrack445: This game is only 15+ years old lol.

I remember playing this on PS2. Low budget cel shaded shooter. Had some cool ideas that were not used in too many games at the time.

It wasn’t an amazing game by any means, but I still had some fun with it. Would probably give it 7/10.

#15 Posted by Robbie23 (319 posts) -

@biggest_loser: No one lives forever is probably the funniest game series I have played.

#16 Posted by mazuiface (822 posts) -

I remember getting a demo with a complete soundtrack for this game and I thought the soundtrack was awesome. The game itself was alright and I'm glad it's getting a remake.

#17 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30718 posts) -

Wow this is insane, I've been really missing this game as of late.

The cell shaded artstyle, the fun shooting, the comic book influences. I hope they do a great job remaking it.

#18 Posted by Sevenizz (3616 posts) -

This is depressing. Ubisoft made great games during gen 6 that deserve remasters before this mediocre crap. Well, assuming you owned an Xbox which were vastly superior to ps2 and GameCube ports. Especially some of the games that weren’t multiplat. Rainbow Six 3/Black Arrow (Xbox), Ghost Recon/Island Thunder (Xbox)/Jungle Storm (ps2, Ngage), Ghost Recon 2 (Xbox had an exclusive campaign that never saw ps2 or GameCube releases)/Summit Strike (Xbox), Splinter Cell/Pandora Tomorrow/Chaos Theory. All better games than friggin’ XIII.

#19 Posted by PCVirginRace (173 posts) -

Wow. Ff xiii looks different

Avatar image for needdistraction
#20 Posted by NeedDistraction (35 posts) -

So pointless unless they're releasing a sequel after? This was a pretty sweet multiplayer game on Xbox Live and split screen though

#21 Edited by Litchie (23706 posts) -

@needdistraction: Yeah, it was like the new GoldenEye.

#22 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30718 posts) -
@watercrack445 said:

Am I the only one that doesn't know this game? Most people on this forum know their games from up to the 60s and 70s.

So many games release all the time, so many fly under the radar.

XIII has kind of gotten a cult following, it was met with lukewarm reception from reviewers, but there are a ton of fans of the game.

#23 Posted by omegaMaster (1227 posts) -

Looks way better than FFXIII.

#24 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9596 posts) -

@omegamaster said:

Looks way better than FFXIII.

obviously this is better XIII than final fantasy XIII which is animu game.

#25 Posted by DocSanchez (5215 posts) -

It does feel random but I'm all for it. If it proves a success we may get more random HD remakes and maybe they will get around to games that I loved. Maybe we will finally see that rerelease of Skies of Arcadia, or a remake of Baten Kaitos.

#26 Posted by PC_Rocks (2028 posts) -

They should have made the sequel though as it ended on a cliffhanger. But I really enjoyed the original game.

#27 Posted by lamprey263 (36044 posts) -

I am fine not revisiting this, but cool I guess for people that still have an itch.