• 83 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

Poll Xenoblade Chronicles vs Xenoblade Chronicles X (69 votes)

Xenoblade Chronicles 55%
Xenoblade Chronicles X 45%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Nintendo's newest hit IP is Xenoblade Chronicles, and it's like nothing else in their stable- a series of massive, ambitious, and genre defining role playing games, widely acclaimed by all. The question is, which of them do you think is better?

The original Xenoblade Chronicles is, of course, a modern classic, widely considered to be one of the best, most prescient JRPGs in over a decade. Xenoblade Chronicles is pioneering, and unusually forward thinking, both for its genre, and for a Nintendo game. It tells an incredible story, paints an amazingly imaginative world, populated by wonderful characters, set against a gorgeous soundscore, painted in a beautiful artstyle, and with some of the best gameplay an RPG has had in a very long time. Indeed, it is a must play for fans of all RPGs, western or Japanese.

On the other hand, the sequel is Xenoblade Chronicles X, which takes players to a massive new world to explore, and then drops them into it to find their own way around. X is one of the most ambitious games of the modern era (its world is bigger than Skyrim, Fallout 4, and The Witcher 3's put together), it builds upon what the original game accomplished mechanically, and it truly offers its players the chance to make their own way in a hostile, new, alien world. There are things which X de-emphasizes that fans of the original game may not appreciate as much- storytelling and characterization takes a backseat in X, and the soundtrack is also markedly different- but it remains one of the best games of this generation yet regardless.

The question here is- which of them do you think is better? And why?

• 
bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Xenoblade Chronicles X. It is the closest to an alien world that I could imagine experiencing. The best part is the exploration and the scope and scale of everything. Just when you think you become master of the world with your first skell, the monsters get even more impossible and imposing. I can't get enough of it. I'm 90+ hours in and I'm savoring every inch of this alien world.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2  Edited By DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I've only beaten 6 chapters in XCX so far (supposed to finally get my skell now). So far I easily put it above the original game.

The game expanded upon the original's good combat system and made it better, they added way more stuff to juggle between while exploring so XCX gets less tedious than the original did (and I'm guessing getting skell will switch things up and add even more than there already is). a good amount of sidequests so far in XCX actually have had a little bit of story to it, which I can appreciate, whereas in the originaI game I recall most quests were just "eh, get x amount of this shit" or "eh, kill x amont of this shit" and that was that, atleast from what I recall.

A more small, minor thing, but I like that I have the option have have a set fashion gear that makes my characters look however I want them to, regardless of what gear I put on for stats. Nice to have a game where I can get more powerful while not having to sacrifice looking cool in the process (Splatoon should take a note from this game's book in that regard.)

I actually think I'd put XCX's soundtrack over the original's. Both Noctilum's and Oblivia's day themes are better than any track in the original IMO. I don't even mind the NLA music either TBH, and would go so far to say I like the day theme for that region as well, as cheesy as it is.

the one thing that people generally say the original does better is story, but eh, I really wasn't a fan of the original's story. It started out fine and promising but just got lame the closer it got to the end. XCX's story hasn't exactly been that good either but so far I don't hate it and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious as to what kind of shit will go down later. At the very least I like the whole "trying to survive on an alien planet and rebuild society" thing XCX has going.

So overall yeah, I much prefer XCX to the original XC.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3  Edited By quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

I have to say X. I love Xenoblade Chronicles a lot, it is one if my favorite games and I really do enjoy the story and the combat, but goddammit what X has for amount of freedom is crazy. The world, the amount of customization and how much there is to explore in comparison to XC just blew me away. Both are definitely amazing though. The music is pure gold as well, for both games. Just amazing.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Just going to rock the votes here and say Xenoblade Chronicles.

Why? Easy - i haven't played X yet.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

XCX all day everyday, to be honest Xenoblade Chronicles was overrated and the only reason why it was so loved last gen was, let's be honest last gen sucked arse for JRPGs and when Xenoblade came out everyone went gaga over it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

XCX all day everyday, to be honest Xenoblade Chronicles was overrated and the only reason why it was so loved last gen was, let's be honest last gen sucked arse for JRPGs and when Xenoblade came out everyone went gaga over it.

Man, I disagree with this assertion pretty damn heavily. Obviously I haven't played X yet, so I can't tell whether it's better or not, but to say that Xenoblade was just praised because other JRPGs was shit is pretty false- I'm playing the game right now, and still loving it. Moreover, as someone who basically lives and breathes JRPGs, I do know what I'm talking about here, Xenoblade is a pretty damn good one.

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts

I'm not quite done with X yet. I'm on chapter 9 right now, so I won't vote. But I will say, the original Xenoblade became one of my favorite games of all time.

What X does better than the original is definitely exploration and environment. The scale of the world is huge. Even following the game well before it released didn't prepare me. You really do feel like you're on an entire planet. Also the environments are drop dead gorgeous. You could take a screenshot while exploring at any point in the game and it would look like something that belongs on a postcard. I'd say X is more beautiful than the original Xenoblade, even topping Xenoblade's most gorgeous areas- not just in graphics, obviously, but in art style too.

My main gripe with X includes how it gives you so many playable characters, but three of them are required most of them time. I'm also finding my fourth party member is usually significantly weaker than the other three as a result of this, since characters not in your party don't get EXP. Also, as everyone already knows, switching or recruiting party members is kind of a pain. I always have to look up where certain characters are if I want them in my party.

I definitely miss the first Xenoblade's rich cast of characters. X's characters are mostly pretty vanilla. Everyone always fires shots at Xenoblade Chronicles for having the stereotypical JRPG characters, but the game did them SO so well. As for the plot, I'm probably one of the few people who is actually liking X's story so far.

And the music... X has some pieces of music which rank right up there with my favorite tracks from the original Xenoblade (Noctilum, Sylvalum, Oblivia) but yeah, I still can't get into New LA or the battle music that much. X still has some fantastic tracks though.

Interestingly enough, I thought both games were hard to get into. They both have complex battle systems that take a while to get used to and you probably won't have much of an idea as to what you're doing at the beginning of the game. I wasn't crazy about either game until I passed the 20 hour mark in each of them.

So yeah. Do I like X better than the original? It's hard to say, as it takes two steps forward and two steps back. Regardless though I love both of them.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Played both to "completion" with over 200 hours in X, and around 150 or so for the first (my latest playthrough). I found that the first one is better, but the second one is funner and more addictive, so its a tie for me. For the sake of the poll though I chose the first.

Both games are very high on my favorite RPG list. Hell they might be 1 and 2 choosing either one for the spots, or at least Top 10. Out of the great RPGs I've played, Chrono Trigger and Xenogears are the only games off the top of my head that may surpass them.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

I just did this poll last week char ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@n64dd said:

I actually somehow don't remember (though 30 hours without sleep might do that to you >.> )

Which one won?

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Ohhh man that's a hard question to answer. I love LOVE the main set of characters in the first game, the whole game was very personal, even the Bionis and Mechonis where amazing backdrops for the world of Xenoblade, a brilliant idea and expertly crafted, seeing a giant sword stretch out from your view into the horizon, wow.

But the the sequel has a world that is the biggest, grandest, vista wow inducing world I have ever played in. I have spent 90 hours in already and have only covered 35% of the terrain according to the game stats. The side quests are only second to The Witcher 3, but there are a ton more of them so this game might just be the side quest king.

I will give my vote to XBCX, what would really top off this game as one of the greatest I have played is if they have a Chronicles throw back in the main story, something to tie the story up between games. I'm not expecting it but my mind will be blown if it happens.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

X is quickly becoming my fav game ever,its better than amazing .its score is the biggest farce in gaming ever

Chronicles is best handheld also, worth the n3ds alone

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AznbkdX
@ominous_titan said:

X is quickly becoming my fav game ever,its better than amazing .its score is the biggest farce in gaming ever

Honestly I can see why the scores are the way they are. I love these kinds of games, but there is also a lot of divisive stuff in this game in particular that some people will not like.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 N64DD

@charizard1605 said:
@n64dd said:

I actually somehow don't remember (though 30 hours without sleep might do that to you >.> )

Which one won?

I actually don't remember :D. lol Lets see who wins this time!

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@n64dd said:

Which one won?

You cant be rewriting history char! remember you said that yourself

i feel like im seeing this exact thread every week now... anyways lol my friend is going to give me his game the 3DS one not sure which xenoblade it is (how many of them are there exactly? i thought only the wii game and the wiiu but now there's a 3DS?) so i may give it a try if i have time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ominous_titan said:

The handheld one is the one I am playing. It's frankly hard to believe this is running without cutbacks on a DS, hell, I can barely imagine this running on a Vita properly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
@finalstar2007 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@n64dd said:

Which one won?

You cant be rewriting history char! remember you said that yourself

i feel like im seeing this exact thread every week now... anyways lol my friend is going to give me his game the 3DS one not sure which xenoblade it is (how many of them are there exactly? i thought only the wii game and the wiiu but now there's a 3DS?) so i may give it a try if i have time

My friend, like I said, I am sleep deprived, and I fully admitted to having possibly forgotten about this.

Anyway, Xenoblade on 3DS is a port of Xenoblade on the Wii. Think of it like Persona 4, which was on the Vita, but a port of the PS2 game, that's basically it, though Xenoblade 3D doesn't have any extra content. There are two games, and since you are a JRPG fan, you must play Xenoblade Chronicles. It's practically mandatory.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AznbkdX
@charizard1605 said:
@ominous_titan said:

The handheld one is the one I am playing. It's frankly hard to believe this is running without cutbacks on a DS, hell, I can barely imagine this running on a Vita properly.

Would have rather had it on WiiU tbh with all the bells and whistles, but I guess they have to justify the N3DS somehow. :P

Would have totally bought it if it had a remaster on the WiiU. The 3DS version just isn't worth it to me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@AznbkdX said:
@charizard1605 said:
@ominous_titan said:

Would have rather had it on WiiU tbh with all the bells and whistles, but I guess they have to justify the N3DS somehow. :P

Would have totally bought it if it had a remaster on the WiiU. The 3DS version just isn't worth it to me.

I honestly can say I would never have gotten into this on the Wii U- I tried it too many times on the Wii, and never got into it. JRPGs and I get along very well on handhelds.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45055 Posts

It truly is funny how TC went from knocking Xenoblade Chronicles to suddenly calling it a modern classic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
@SolidGame_basic said:

It truly is funny how TC went from knocking Xenoblade Chronicles to suddenly calling it a modern classic.

Funny how you don't know what a 'write-up' is.

Or that people can change their minds.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ballroompirate

@charizard1605 said:
@Ballroompirate said:

Man, I disagree with this assertion pretty damn heavily. Obviously I haven't played X yet, so I can't tell whether it's better or not, but to say that Xenoblade was just praised because other JRPGs was shit is pretty false- I'm playing the game right now, and still loving it. Moreover, as someone who basically lives and breathes JRPGs, I do know what I'm talking about here, Xenoblade is a pretty damn good one.

XCX literally does everything better than XC except voice acting, which both sucked pretty hard.

We all know last gen sucked for JRPGs and it was probably the worst gen for JRPGs, I could count on one hand on how many good JRPG's the PS3, Wii and 360 had (the psp and DS are a different story though, they actually had good JRPGs). XCX reminds me why I love JRPG's and I want the next XBC game to take what makes XCX awesome and continue. I don't think I've ever played a game for 50 hours the first week it was released (Skyrim was probably the last game that did that), and that's what XCX did.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@AznbkdX said:
@ominous_titan said:

Honestly I can see why the scores are the way they are. I love these kinds of games, but there is also a lot of divisive stuff in this game in particular that some people will not like.

Personally I'm ranking XCX as one of my favourite games of all time, but I can completely understand what people dislike about the game and dock points for it. It's totally fair. It's just for me on a personal level, those things get trumped big time by the things that this game does so well: combat and exploration.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Just out of curiosity, how is the plot and the characters in Xenoblade Chronicles X?

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25  Edited By AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

Xenoblade Chronicles X

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

@Lucianu: story is absolute shit, the ending is a cliffhanger and a lot of plotholes and unanswered questions. Characters are ok, tatsu the comic relief guy is unbearable.

Game play and exploration is what makes this game shine. Personally, I thought the game became boring when I got my first skell.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Lucianu said:

Just out of curiosity, how is the plot and the characters in Xenoblade Chronicles X?

Pretty sure X doesn't have a story (well, not much of one anyway), while characterization is supposed to be pretty decent in the game.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#28 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts

The world and the mechanics in general of X are better, no doubt, but I just liked the narrative focused of the first one better. If they go with a cross between the two for the third game, it could turn out to be one of the greatest RPGs ever.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kaealy

@khoofia_pika: There better be a third game that continues X story, or else I would rank X on my top 5 list of worst stories in a jrpg.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 khoofia_pika

@kaealy said:

@khoofia_pika: There better be a third game that continues X story, or else I would rank X on my top 5 list of worst stories in a jrpg.

X has a serviceable story, but that's about it. I don't think they cared much about the narrative when they developed X, and it shows. The game world and your ability to explore it and traverse it is the real star of XCX.

I'm just saying a third game in the series that has the flawless mechanics that XCX has, plus a tighter focus on storytelling like the original had, would make for one hell of an RPG.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

First of all, I doubt there's more than a hand full of people on this board who have actually beaten both games already, and I'm one of those that haven't.

I've played several hours in to both games, and I strongly favor X's improved battle system over the older one. It just feels cleaner and more varied. You can switch between guns and swords with the press of a button.

I also like the characters, the graphics, the accents, the world and the music more in X.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

xenoblade chronicles x.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kaealy

@Bigboi500: Tatsu and the food jokes were a real turn off for me. They just went on and on and on...

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@kaealy said:

@Bigboi500: Tatsu and the food jokes were a real turn off for me. They just went on and on and on...

I can tolerate that better than Reyn's cringe worthy one-liners over and over.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kaealy

@Bigboi500: Tatsu makes dance of disagreement! God it's so stupid. He's Jar Jar Binks level of bad. Japanese devs really need to shape up when it comes to characters.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#36 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

@kaealy said:

I'd like them better if they added the Tidus laugh in the background.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kaealy

@Lionheart08: Great idea, wonderful.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#38  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@kaealy said:

Tatsu and the food jokes were a real turn off for me. They just went on and on and on...

Yea he's kinda useless & annoying...the worse is you freaking risk your life to save his arse, not sure why he's on battlefield to begin with..he doesn't do anything. His voice & looks is not even cute. At least Riki Nopon in XC actually fights. :P

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@AtariKidX said:

Xenoblade Chronicles X

But what about the lol...wii u?

@Lucianu said:

What plot?

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I got Xeno X for Christmas and have not played it yet. Got an external hard drive in order to download all the quick load patches. I'm all set all I need now is a good window of time to ignore my life and put serious time into this game. It looks incredible. I can't believe games like Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 got more attention and hype when this trumps them both.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 khoofia_pika

@Lucianu said:

It serves its purpose but that's just about it. Xenoblade Chronicles, for me, was as good as it was in large part thanks to its narrative and its tight focus. XCX is more focussed on its world and traversal.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By kaealy

@Bread_or_Decide said:

It looks incredible. I can't believe games like Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 got more attention and hype when this trumps them both.

No, just no. Witcher 3 beats X in more areas than just one. The exploration in Witcher 3 is much better than X( more rewarding etc) and exploration is X strongest suit. X is a good game, but not Witcher 3 good. End of story.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 khoofia_pika

@Bread_or_Decide said:

I got Xeno X for Christmas and have not played it yet. Got an external hard drive in order to download all the quick load patches. I'm all set all I need now is a good window of time to ignore my life and put serious time into this game. It looks incredible. I can't believe games like Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 got more attention and hype when this trumps them both.

It definitely trumps Fallout 4 in a lot of aspects, but Witcher 3? I don't think so. Not by a long shot. The only area where I'd say XCX is better than TW3- maybe so- is exploration.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 N64DD

Crazy that X is winning!

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#45 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@khoofia_pika said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

It definitely trumps Fallout 4 in a lot of aspects, but Witcher 3? I don't think so. Not by a long shot. The only area where I'd say XCX is better than TW3- maybe so- is exploration.

From what I hear about TW3's combat I highly doubt that one is better than XCX's.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23883 Posts

Xenoblade Chronicles X makes you feel like you landed on an alien planet. And provides this atmosphere superbly.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47  Edited By Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

@kaealy said:

@Lucianu: story is absolute shit, the ending is a cliffhanger and a lot of plotholes and unanswered questions. Characters are ok, tatsu the comic relief guy is unbearable.

Game play and exploration is what makes this game shine. Personally, I thought the game became boring when I got my first skell.

@charizard1605 said:
@Lucianu said:

Pretty sure X doesn't have a story (well, not much of one anyway), while characterization is supposed to be pretty decent in the game.

@khoofia_pika said:
@Lucianu said:

It serves its purpose but that's just about it. Xenoblade Chronicles, for me, was as good as it was in large part thanks to its narrative and its tight focus. XCX is more focussed on its world and traversal.

@MonsieurX said:
@AtariKidX said:

Xenoblade Chronicles X

But what about the lol...wii u?

@Lucianu said:

What plot?

Well that's a fucking disappointment. I enjoyed the hell out of Xenoblade Chronicles in large part thanks to its story and characters. The characters in particular were fantastic, and memorable; i loved that british voice acting (infinitely better than the typical american bland ass voice dubs i've seen in other JRPGs) which i thought added far more personality to the characters than the original japanese voice acting.

So Xenoblade Chronicles X basically improves upon the first one in every way, but puts far less focus on the main plot. Eh, it could work out well if the side quests are decent, and apparently the characters are well designed.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#48 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@Ant_17 said:

Just going to rock the votes here and say Xenoblade Chronicles.

Why? Easy - i haven't played X yet.

It would make a lot more sense to note vote at all since you haven't played both of them.

Kuromino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 9

#49 Kuromino  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 1602 Posts

@Lucianu said:

Eh, it could work out well if the side quests are decent, and apparently the characters are well designed.

The sidequests are much improved in this one. You still have basic ones where you need to collect items or kill enemies. You also get affinity missions, which are there mainly for character development and normal missions, which seem to develop the named NPCs of NLA a little bit. Some of the normal missions are pretty dark though and you get to meet some really horrible people (Alex, for those who have played, as an example).

As for the OT: I can't really decide just yet. Only completed up to chapter 7. I feel this may be a situation where I can't really say one is better than the other; they each do something better than the other.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ballroompirate

@charizard1605 said:
@Lucianu said:

To answer that question(s), XCX's story is actually pretty good. It starts off slow but picks up 40% into the main story. I loved L and a few other of the characters like MC/Cross (I felt like a bad ass playing my character), Elma (my Waifu), Doug (my broseidon), Vandham and Nagi. It takes a good 25+ hours to get your Skell and once you do, it changes the gameplay soooooooo much and it felt rewarding. As for Tatsu......I agree with everyone else he's one of the most annoying characters you'll ever meet in a video game.

Then you have character/class builds, something that lacks in JRPGs and most RPG's in general. I think I have around 5 or 6 classes out of 16 classes maxed out for their perks, cross abilities and weapon unlocking. Then later on in the game you unlock ways of re customizing your character if you find him/her bored after pooling in a couple dozen hours into the game.

XCX is so criminally underrated it's sad