Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition coming to Switch next year

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#1 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24468 posts) -

https://www.polygon.com/2019/9/4/20850169/xenoblade-chronicles-definitive-edition-remake-nintendo-switch-direct

This is sweet news. I still have the original which I haven't played. Hopefully this definitive edition will be nice on the Switch. What about you, SW? You interested?

#2 Posted by lundy86_4 (53856 posts) -

Sure. I only played through it partially via other means (owning the physical copy,) but if it's a solid port, then i'll grab the game.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#3 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24468 posts) -

@lundy86_4: the graphics look different. It's cell shaded.

#4 Edited by lundy86_4 (53856 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: Cell-Shaded could work. It definitely looks different from the screen in the article. I somehow see me buying the game regardless, but i'd like to think I have scruples :P

#5 Posted by Seabas989 (13261 posts) -

Looks like they are adding more content that was left unfinished from the original.

Loading Video...

I'm buying it since it is one of my favorite games of this decade.

#6 Edited by lundy86_4 (53856 posts) -

@Seabas989: This gives me a lot of hope. Very nice.

#7 Posted by sakaiXx (6077 posts) -

Its a great game enjoy! Loved the game but near the end its story is bloated as ****

#8 Edited by mojito1988 (3712 posts) -

Could not be more excited! Day 1 Wahoo!

#9 Edited by jaydan (2491 posts) -

There is a genuine sense of epicness and magic in the first Xenoblade Chronicles game that the two followup games in the series didn't quite capture.

It is one of the best JRPG's in the last decade and the gameplay mechanics are amazing.

If you haven't played the first game yet, you missed out.

#10 Posted by lebanese_boy (15143 posts) -

This is looking like a remake, I hope it plays closely to XC2. Looking forward to this!

Avatar image for TheMisterManGuy
#11 Posted by TheMisterManGuy (228 posts) -

Xenoblade Chronicles is one of those rare games that actually kind of needs a remaster, considering the original was released late in the life of what was essentially an overclocked GameCube.

#12 Posted by Archangel3371 (28553 posts) -

Yeah seeing this made me very happy indeed. I still have the original but I’d definitely love to play through a spruced up Switch version again especially with more content that didn’t make it in the first time around. It was truly an epic game before.

#13 Posted by Random_Matt (4324 posts) -
@sakaixx said:

Its a great game enjoy! Loved the game but near the end its story is bloated as ****

Oh totally, spent 90 hours including all the grinding, side quests etc. Got towards the end and couldn't take anymore. Game is so full of filler, just get rid of that and it would of been better.

#14 Edited by Litchie (24346 posts) -

No. Played it on Wii and got bored after a while. Tried it again on 3DS and got bored after a while. Buying it a third time would be dumb as hell.

#15 Posted by osan0 (15457 posts) -

ARGH!! do i finish my first run on the wii or do i hold off and start again on the switch?

i will need to know more about the upgrades before i make a call. If its just graphics then meh...i will stick with the wii version. But if they make other improvements too then that will be a poser.

Great game though. easily in my top 5 wii games (probably top 5 games of that gen to be honest).

#16 Posted by uninspiredcup (35068 posts) -

Pick it up if it has a decent price.

Which is very unlikely.

#17 Posted by TJDMHEM (2164 posts) -

I'm interested in it.

#18 Posted by pixieValerie (23 posts) -

I'll be getting it, I never got to play it. It's looking great.

#19 Edited by KBFloYd (21903 posts) -

i played like 10 hours on wii and got distracted.

maybe now i can finish it? in HD

never understood how to craft those jewels though :/

#20 Posted by Speeny (1978 posts) -

I've never played the game so this will be the perfect opportunity for me.

#21 Posted by Litchie (24346 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

i played like 10 hours on wii and got distracted.

maybe now i can finish it? in HD

never understood how to craft those jewels though :/

Nah it's weird. Had to look up a guide on how to craft them, and I still didn't really understand it. I just made a few random ones, and didn't bother with it much.

#22 Posted by iambatman7986 (2808 posts) -

Nice. I am liking the new look. I just hope there is enough new content to warrant another 100+ hours grinding through this game.

#23 Posted by kyacat (4395 posts) -

I like the graphics for the game.