SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

Just got ship notification for this game (special edition!). Time for the hype! Hopefully it will be good. What is your hype, SW? I'm going for 9/10.

EDIT: Scores are in! 85/100 on metacritic http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/xenoblade-chronicles-2

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

10/10 ..c'mon triple 10s for Nintendo. :P

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23893 Posts

Story looks dumb. Like the childish fantasies I had before I hit adolescence.

Pretty apathetic towards this. Not Witcher 3 levels of apathy mind you. But not far off.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Its a good game for Nintendo Switch. 10/10

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Oh it releases tomorrow? I already have my CE :)

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SolidGame_basic  Online

@indzman: wow, you’re all in

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

OMG that is out tomorrow? I thought that was going to take another month!

I haven't even played Xenoblade 1 yet.

OK I'm having a bit too many games piling up.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34571 Posts

I've played and liked Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii/3DS), but lost interest maybe halfway through. Watched a lot of videos and shit of Chronicles X on Wii U, but decided it wasn't really for me. This one looks like an updated version of the first game and this isn't enough for me to get excited.

Plus, that main girl character looks like a ten year old with huge boobs and runs around in panties. That's starting to be pretty disgusting/fucked up/annoying to me. And if I have to run around with her the whole game.. ugh. I wish they'd so something that can be taken somewhat seriously instead, but japanese people sure are very fucked up often.

And what's up with japanese devs spending a shitload of time on story - only to have the story suck seriously huge balls? Story was OK-ish in the first game, I guess, if you ignore all the tired clichés japanese RPGs must shove down our throats every time. This one looks pretty dumb as well.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KungfuKitten

@Litchie said:

I've played and liked Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii/3DS), but lost interest maybe halfway through. Watched a lot of videos and shit of Chronicles X on Wii U, but decided it wasn't really for me. This one looks like an updated version of the first game and this isn't enough for me to get excited.

Plus, that main girl character looks like a ten year old with huge boobs and runs around in panties. That's starting to be pretty disgusting/fucked up/annoying to me. And if I have to run around with her the whole game.. ugh. I wish they'd so something that can be taken somewhat seriously instead, but japanese people sure are very fucked up often.

I like the beachball boobs with panties XD I think it's really funny. Hmm now that I think about it, I do believe there are going to be multiple characters that look like that in the game. Maybe they can invent some kind of sunglasses that auto-complete clothing for people who find it annoying. Or an option in the game.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

I won't be able to buy it cause I spend too much cash last week and it looks like I'll get Xenoblade Chronicles 2 January 2018.

@ArchoNils2 said:

Weren't you supposed to make the hype thread? Were waiting!

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SolidGame_basic  Online

@davillain- said:

I won't be able to buy it cause I spend too much cash last week and it looks like I'll get Xenoblade Chronicles 2 January 2018.

@ArchoNils2 said:

Do it!!

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

7/10 maybe!

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

Excited. Glad i finished Origin in time for this.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Litchie  Online

@KungfuKitten said:
@Litchie said:

I like the beachball boobs with panties XD I think it's really funny. Hmm now that I think about it, I do believe there are going to be multiple characters that look like that in the game. Maybe they can invent some kind of sunglasses that auto-complete clothing for people who find it annoying. Or an option in the game.

It would be funny if it was meant as a joke. Perverted japanese people wanting male teens to masturbate to their games isn't that funny.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KungfuKitten

@Litchie said:
@KungfuKitten said:
@Litchie said:

It would be funny if it was meant as a joke. Perverted japanese people wanting male teens to masturbate to their games isn't that funny.

Aw come on. That is funny. Try and picture it XD

I suppose it is kind of a serious problem now that Japanese people don't like having sex anymore. It just seems so harmless that I can't really get angry about it.

Hmm. Well some people are in favor of having less humans on the planet. I don't really know where I stand. I mean, there are some crowded places on Earth, but I have a small hope in a near future in which all countries will develop rapidly on a technological level, maybe allowing for more people to live on Earth in a nice way. We are making interesting advances with deep learning and A.I. It seems a little slow now, but the trick is that once we get even a very simple A.I. to learn from the world it's observing, it can suddenly develop superfast. Like, they are developing A.I. right now that is supposed to gain understanding from reading. Once that works, the A.I. can read everything anyone has ever written in a short period of time, and then we can ask it about almost anything we ever knew about, and ask it for suggestions. Some are suggesting that a human level A.I. would be able to do almost 20,000 years of thinking within a week because of the faster connections. And on the other hand, we are starting to find ways for people to have children without having sex... so would that even be a big problem like 50 years from now? It's tough to say, we seem to be on the verge of so many changes. I guess I just don't know enough about the future to say that it concerns me at all.

I just realized I assumed the reason you were concerned about it, and you're probably concerned for another reason altogether, cause that is how that usually goes with me.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

GS gave it a 7.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#17  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Not bad. 1 whole point below the excellent, deep and competitive Gran Turismo Sport.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I've never played one of this series so I have no hype. I might, however, pick it up at some point

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

My hype is at pre-order levels, too bad I got Skyrim to beat first, am actually determined to beat it on the Switch.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Litchie  Online

@KungfuKitten: Interesting post. Not at all what I was thinking about in this case though. I was just annoyed at the constant weirdness from japanese people in games that I feel are unnecessary and just taint a game that could've been better without it.

Btw, GameSpot just gave it a 7, and the cons are pretty much exactly what I feared with the game. I'm definitely not getting the game now. Had high hopes for Monolith at first when Nintendo aquired them, but they can go suck it.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KungfuKitten

@Litchie: Yes the review seems pretty damning. It is also an exceptionally negative review compared to the other sites. I'll probably set the audio to Japanese to avoid the voice acting problems, and I'll look up a YouTube tutorial in case I ever miss one of their tutorial messages. That should alleviate some of the things the critics complain about. I've never really been intimidated by an action RPG's depth so I think I'll be OK.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ArchoNils2

@davillain- said:

@ArchoNils2 said:

I was asking if anybody was doing a hype thread. But aparently mods left the Hype Thread Sticky :S Well we do now have this hype thread I guess ^^

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Litchie  Online

@KungfuKitten said:

@Litchie: Yes the review seems pretty damning. It is also an exceptionally negative review compared to the other sites. I'll probably set the audio to Japanese to avoid the voice acting problems, and I'll look up a YouTube tutorial in case I ever miss one of their tutorial messages. That should alleviate some of the things the critics complain about. I've never really been intimidated by an action RPG's depth so I think I'll be OK.

Haven't seen other reviews yet, this one might be extra negative. :P But it's also from a dude who played and reviewed the other ones, which makes this look like the worst one yet. Which isn't good news for someone like me who wasn't a big fan of the earlier ones.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ArchoNils2

@Litchie said:
@KungfuKitten said:

Haven't seen other reviews yet, this one might be extra negative. :P But it's also from a dude who played and reviewed the other ones, which makes this look like the worst one yet. Which isn't good news for someone like me who wasn't a big fan of the earlier ones.

Well Gamespot is the 2nd worst review so far on Metacritics where the game is at a 85 currently.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

I am getting it!

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

The game just got delivered at work.
Can't wait to give it a spin tonight on the way home.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I took off work for Friday. IM SO READY!!!

deadlyyraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deadlyyraven
Member since 2017 • 27 Posts

My hype is fucking BIG!!!!

I love Xeno series <3

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

really excited for this game. Gamexplain's review and Ben Moore gushing over it on Frame Trap has got me hyped

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

God, it's gonna be one of those games that will get good 20 hours in.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5245 Posts

Reviews that have been posted:

IGN – 8.5 / 10

GameSpot – 7 / 10

GamesBeat – 82 / 100

GameXplain – “Loved”

Nintendo World Report – 9.5 / 10

Nintendo Life – 9 / 10

USgamer – 4.5 / 5

Destructoid – 8 / 10

Eurogamer – “Recommended”

Polygon – N/A

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44025 Posts

Sounds a bit floppy. lol :P

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xenoblade-chronicles-2-review-roundup/1100-6455291/

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Who designs these characters?

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Not there yet.... went full on 3rd party support mode with Doom, Skyrim, LA Day 1 purchases... these plus SMO will keep me busy.

Having too much fun with Doom atm.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Epak_

@SecretPolice said:

Sounds a bit floppy. lol :P

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xenoblade-chronicles-2-review-roundup/1100-6455291/

Seems to be a solid game.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7701 Posts

Did it even get full points from Famitsu?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts

Well I won’t lie, I am a little disappointed that it only got a 7/10 here at GS. Still a good score though and I loved Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles X so I’m still very much looking forward to picking this up.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#38 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Personal hype is 8/10. I'm not expecting it to match the brilliance of the first but I am hoping it's just a great open world JRPG with an interesting story.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

NANI!??!

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dark_drag765
Member since 2005 • 1041 Posts

@Litchie:

So you hate Japanese game designers for making their characters pretty? They make the male characters pretty as well. Snake in MGS wears tights. Do you hate MGS?

I for one do not hate these developers for trying to accentuate the female form. Not every woman is tall... Some women do look like these main characters just like some men are really muscular.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

Wish I could play XCX But I skipped Wii U

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

first switch flop :P

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Epak_

@KBFloYd said:

first switch flop :P

Will be playing the **** out of this flop tomorrow :)

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dark_drag765
Member since 2005 • 1041 Posts

@Terrencec06 said:

Wish I could play XCX But I skipped Wii U

You could always get a preowned Wii U, play XCX and other games you missed from Nintendo's website I think or from Ebay.

BLN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BLN1
Member since 2017 • 128 Posts

My hype is OVER 9000!!!! Especially after finding out that a Xenosaga character made it into the game:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/7gohed/xenosaga_character_is_in_xenoblade_chronicles_2/

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@Maroxad said:

Story looks dumb. Like the childish fantasies I had before I hit adolescence.

Pretty apathetic towards this. Not Witcher 3 levels of apathy mind you. But not far off.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#47 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

49 reviews 85 on meta. Looking good.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

My hype lvl is a 5/10, the character designs are pure shit (namely the almost assless chaps 14 year old boy character) and the combat looks mind numbingly slow from the previous two games.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#49  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19516 Posts

@Litchie: It's not a Japanese thing. It's an Otaku thing. The reason for the character designs is because that's what appeals to Otakus, who are usually the core audience for JRPGs.

The first Xenoblade got the character designs right. The character designs of X and 2 don't look right. But it's not a deal breaker if you're willing to suspend disbelief and just go with the flow.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SolidGame_basic  Online

@phbz said:

49 reviews 85 on meta. Looking good.

Woot. Just updated the thread.