Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#1 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69364 Posts

I wasn't aware that Xcloud was available for preview. Has anyone tried it? Its surreal to be playing Devil May Cry 5 on the phone.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

Sounds gross.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pedro

@freedomfreak: Have you tried it?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freedomfreak

@Pedro: Not gonna try dmc on a phone.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Pedro

@freedomfreak: Then why bother commenting on a tech you have no interest in?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#6 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17796 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

@Pedro: Not gonna try dmc on a phone.

Exactly.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 freedomfreak

@Pedro: Because I can.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pedro

@freedomfreak: Your useless contribution is appreciated. :)

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BassMan

@Pedro: Seriously, streaming a AAA big screen game on a phone....

Loading Video...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pedro

@BassMan: Its funny see you begging for attention. :)

With that said, the one thing folks like you have been unable to grasp is that relatively new technology doesn't have to be the best to succeed just reliable and serviceable. (Like the Switch)

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BassMan

@Pedro said:

@BassMan: Its funny see you begging for attention. :)

With that said, the one thing folks like you have been unable to grasp is that relatively new technology doesn't have to be the best to succeed just reliable and serviceable.

I can grasp that many people don't care about quality. You are a prime example.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pedro

@BassMan: I am evaluating technology that is in preview and for some reason that bothers you. You are the same person who would play games on "shit consoles" then claim you care about "quality". LMAO

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BassMan

@Pedro said:

@BassMan: I am evaluating technology that is in preview and for some reason that bothers you. You are the same person who would play games on "shit consoles" then claim you care about "quality". LMAO

I only play exclusives on consoles because they are not available on PC. What is your excuse for streaming DMC on a phone when it can be played on PC and consoles? Evaluating it doesn't cut it. I can tell you the experience is shit without having to try it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@BassMan said:
@Pedro said:

I only play exclusives on consoles because they are not available on PC. What is your excuse for streaming DMC on a phone when it can be played on PC and consoles? Evaluating it doesn't cut it... I can tell you the experience is shit without having to try it.

He fucked you up there bass lol. And you are always a hypocrite when you try to argue the point.

As for you pedro, no one gives a shit about xcloud, first Stadia now xcloud, I'm starting think you have money invested in streaming.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pedro

@BassMan said:

I only play exclusives on consoles because they are not available on PC. What is your excuse for streaming DMC on a phone when it can be played on PC and consoles? Evaluating it doesn't cut it. I can tell you the experience is shit without having to try it.

So, quality doesn't matter to you when a game is not available on PC. Glad to see that quality; at least for you, is conditional on availability. Its almost as if streaming can allow you to game when you don't have a PC or a console available. ;)

Next, you asked a question then followed it by the already given answer. Pure brilliance.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pedro

@i_p_daily: No one gives a shit, yet you are hear in a thread explicitly talking about it. LOL. Your home boy MS is investing in streaming. You might want to take up your concerns to them but, I reckon they don't give a shit about your input. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Pedro said:

@i_p_daily: No one gives a shit, yet you are hear in a thread explicitly talking about it. LOL. Your home boy MS is investing in streaming. You might want to take up your concerns to them but, I reckon they don't give a shit about your input. :)

Yeah we are all in here mocking you, its funny that you can't see this LMFAO.

My "homeboy" would be Sega back in the day, the reason I game on Xbox is because of Forza, because playing racing games from Sony & Nintendo would be like play a game on xcloud, in other words shit lol.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BassMan

@Pedro said:
@BassMan said:

So, quality doesn't matter to you when a game is not available on PC. Glad to see that quality; at least for you, is conditional on availability. Its almost as if streaming can allow you to game when you don't have a PC or a console available. ;)

Next, you asked a question then followed it by the already given answer. Pure brilliance.

If quality didn't matter to me, you wouldn't hear me bitching about being forced to play exclusives on consoles. If you don't have a PC or console available, you hold off on playing the game until you do. Just like I held off on playing RDR2 until it was available on PC. I only compromise or lower my standards when there is no hope for anything better. I am not going to stream games on my phone just like I am not going to watch movies on my phone. I am going to experience them on a big screen with surround sound. The worst part is you are streaming a game on your phone when you have a PC or console available. Have you no decency? A core gamer resorting to streaming a game on a phone....

Blasphemous behaviour!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

I'll put it like this. At least XCloud has the bells & whistles compare to Stadia if you want the best of the best game streaming but even then, I won't touch nether one of them at all. Digital gaming is one thing, but streaming them is a cheap out dick move by publishers to start abusing subscription and take away what's very important for me "quality" gaming.

But anyways, I did get an invite early yesterday, I did in fact give it a try since MS was nice enough to ask me and be their guinea pig, here's my thoughts. (only played Halo & Madden 2020) xCloud has completely surprised me with this preview. I'm playing on 2-3 bar LTE service (which Metro PCS isn't that great) and having very little issues after start up. I just can't see a reason to bash something like that. I'm on record as bashing both Stadia & xCloud because I don't like the idea of streaming my games but that's anther story. For any input-lags: On my home Wi-Fi it was fine. I noticed it at first but within five minutes, I had adapted and was playing Halo like normal which was surprising. On Mobile Data: I personally didn't feel a difference to Wi-Fi it's just that if your connection drops, the screen-tears a little while its adjusting resolution. G5 couldn't come soon enough.

Game streamers are going to enjoy this once the services get more mature and gamers get over their streaming prejudices. I had to, and I can see it's value but as long as game streaming remains optional for gamers like me, then I'm okay with this and I won't fuss about it from both Stadia & xCloud but as of now, xCloud has the upper-hand compare to Stadia's offering.

(I'll be honest, I'm not really interested in xCloud BUT, you're telling me I can play Gears 5 & Halo on my Android, while I'm at work?)

Buuuut I have my Nintendo Switch to fulfill my portable gaming needs. Hmmmm.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Xcloud lol, playing a game like DMC5 on my phone wouldn't be much different then me just smearing shit in my screen as it would be just as enjoyable.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pedro

@davillain-: I was surprised the shit actually work as well as it did. It definitely wasn't flawless and at first I played using my phone data and it was surprisingly serviceable. I am very much interested in seeing where the technology is going. I haven't played with Stadia but one advantage it has over Xcloud that I have seen is the time it takes to get into the game coupled with faster game loading because it's on SSD.

Very cool tech.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

Yeah I just noticed this as well. I would try it but I don't like gaming on small screens like that.

Once it's available though Windows I'll probably check it out.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

@vfighter said:

Xcloud lol, playing a game like DMC5 on my phone wouldn't be much different then me just smearing shit in my screen as it would be just as enjoyable.

lol. Your phone is probably already covered with shit. Most are.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

Haven’t tried it myself but Microsoft seems to be much more on the ball with xCloud then Google is with Stadia as that sounds to be an absolute mess right now. As long as dedicated hardware with physical games exists as an option though I’ll likely never touch game streaming regardless of the quality.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

Streaming services really dont interest me as whole, let alone the US has the worst bandwidth

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

@Pedro said:

I wasn't aware that Xcloud was available for preview. Has anyone tried it? Its surreal to be playing Devil May Cry 5 on the phone.

As for the topic, I don't think it's available in all of Europe yet.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@Pedro: How much stock did you buy of all this streaming crap? Hopefully you didn't unload all your savings and 401k as I'd hate to see you go broke when it all falls on its face.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pedro

@vfighter: You really trying hard to push this idea.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

@Pedro: I was very skeptical at first but I didn't think the tech itself was advance enough to work despite more improvements are needed. Once 5G becomes a thing, xCloud could be the next big thing and yeah, this sounds surprise to everyone here who knows me I'll bash game stream but I was heavenly surprise xCloud was pretty good to test. But all always be loyal to my old ways of playing my games and while I have embrace all digital gaming which I love, Streaming my games isn't one of them and as long as PC gaming exist, I ain't got no worries streaming won't take over.

MS getting ahead of both Sony/Nintendo in terms of streaming services is a smart move.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pedro

@davillain-: I view all these technologies as alternatives. I don't expect the abandonment of any of the current methods of gaming. So, a win win for everyone.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

It's pretty sweet. While my friend was driving in traffic, I was playing Borderlands 2. Worked pretty good on mobile connection. At home on Wi-fi, was just like playing on console. Overall impressed how the games scale to phone screen.

Can't wait till they open up console streaming so I can access my library, but Xcloud is off to a great start as I have had zero issues and seemless startup. Games startup faster than going into my base xbox!

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@Pedro:

“@freedomfreak: Then why bother commenting on a tech you have no interest in?“

LOL pedro you fragile hypocrite. Can’t wait to read more of your salty posts in the DS thread you clown

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Isn't the next xbox console (if you own it) part of the xcloud? That could make it work in home/same network but how's it going handle latency? It really can't be helped even using fiber long distances.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

I'm personally all about quality gaming experiences so I prefer more playing games on my OLED with 4K and everything else more fluid like shooting, racing, or fighting games I'll play on my 1440p monitor.

That being said, I've seen more positive things being said about Project xCloud than Stadia; that's for sure. Playing games on my S9 would be cool I guess since the S9 uses an OLED screen but I just don't ever see myself whipping my phone out to go game outside the house.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

@npiet1: Xcloud comes in two flavors.

1. Access Xcloud via MS(which the current preview is)

2. Access Xcloud using your Xbox as the server(only select Xbox insiders are getting to preview this).

So would assume that current Xbox one consoles will be capable of console streaming. Xbox Scarlet will most likely have better features/service for using your Xbox as the server for Xcloud.

From interviews I've been reading MS Xcloud is running off of Xbox One S(which will soon be upgrading to Scarlet). So Xbox One S could be minimum device for console streaming.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@BassMan said:
@Pedro said:

Because consoles aren't really that portable.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pedro

@clone01: He carries his PC on his back everywhere he goes. :)

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BassMan

@Pedro: I do carry my laptop in my backpack. However, I don't really play games on my phone or care much for portable gaming. I sold my Switch and never really used my Vita much. The only time I was into portable gaming was when I was a kid and I had the original Gameboy.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

From my experience local stream from PC to another device on a gigabit LAN using steam play isn't great, so I very much doubt how a cloud service running from Xbox hardware is gonna be better than that.

I seriously don't know how people don't notice the compression artifacts... I don't care how good a cloud service claims to be, compressing a video in real time at a bit rate of 10 to 50mbit is going to be a shit experience in most games before you even factor in latency.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#42 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

YOU LEM!!! I KNEW IT!!! YOU ARE A SAD LEMMING AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8019 Posts

Been using it for a few days now and I'm really impressed.. Over both cellular and Wifi, I haven't experienced any real issues.. I've played both single-player and multi-player and it was a good experience.. I haven't played an competitive multi-player though, just co-op type stuff...

For a preview, I can say it looks extremely promising as a "mobile/handheld" option for Xbox gaming (I got one of those clips for my smartphone and controller, works great) or if you want to play on PC but don't have good enough hardware to run the latest games.. If done correctly, this can really be a big deal going into next-gen when coupled with Game Pass for new players or used to take your existing library on the go

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Pedro

@Antwan3K said:

Been using it for a few days now and I'm really impressed.. Over both cellular and Wifi, I haven't experienced any real issues.. I've played both single-player and multi-player and it was a good experience.. I haven't played an competitive multi-player though, just co-op type stuff...

For a preview, I can say it looks extremely promising as a "mobile/handheld" option for Xbox gaming (I got one of those clips for my smartphone and controller, works great) or if you want to play on PC but don't have good enough hardware to run the latest games.. If done correctly, this can really be a big deal going into next-gen when coupled with Game Pass for new players or used to take your existing library on the go

If it all plays out well, it can definitely be a great extension to your gaming library. I expect PS Now to evolve into a similar service.