XBX CPU/GPU/Velocity So FAST doesn't need the PS5 SSD. 4K 120FPS BLAZING!!!!!!

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@i_own_u_4ever said:
@Zero_epyon said:

This is Xbox One X all over again. Remember how hardcore lems believed games would run at 4K/60? Now they think they're getting 4K/120hz? lol

Some did and lots at native 4K.

Prove it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@i_own_u_4ever:

I dont know how much MS is paying you dynamitecop but i hope it is enough.😂😂

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 tormentos

@xantufrog:

Poor fella he is really invested in selling that extra 18 to 21% more GPU power..

The best part i love about this one is how the xbox ssd is great and the 120% faster ssd on PS5 is garbage that will amount to nothing because well it doesnt have enough velocity.😂

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@tormentos said:

@i_own_u_4ever:

Lol that's not Nya.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Zero_epyon

@BlackShirt20 said:

@Zero_epyon: quite a few games actually run 4K 60fps. Most games run 4k 30fps. So it’s not crazy to expect quite a few games to run 4k 60/120FPS.

Let’s also not forget cows were claiming boost mode on PS4 Pro was gonna outdo Xbox One X lol. Or now how a SSD is gonna overcome any sort of power disadvantage lol.

I'd like to see what games these are. I know Forza does 4K/60. I'm expecting some 4K/60 titles on series X but 4K/120hz is out of the question for multiple reasons. One of them is that there are hardly any displays on the market that even support 4K/120hz. The other is hardware. 4K/60 is barely manageable on PC with the latest cards.

1080p/120? Sure that's totally doable and I expect that to be the case. And MS has been very careful with using 4K and 120hz in the same sentence.

SSD's overcoming a power advantage is dumb and I've pointed that out before.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 tormentos

@kingtito:

You mean this?

"One of the basic premises of the Xbox is to put the power in the hands of the artist," Blackley said, which is why Xbox developers "are achieving a level of visual detail you really get in 'Toy Story.'"

https://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-got-game-xbox-unveiled/

😂

You know 4d is not about graphics but about the actual experience,in fact we have 4D theaters so tell me how are those 4D and what they refer to.

I already corrected you on that you just spew long ago and again you repeat same crap.😂😂

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@fedor said:
@tormentos said:

@i_own_u_4ever:

Lol that's not Nya.

Agree, and Nya doesn't write this sloppy for that matter. He's always hotheaded.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

I wonder how much OP gets paid? Can you hire me?

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 speedytimsi

@mclarenmaster18 said:

For 120fps, it depends on the game if the Xbox Series X and PS5 are capable of running.

To me, 30-60fps is good enough for action-adventure in my opinion.

Really, I have yet to meet a person that has a 4K 120hz TV.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#61  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@speedytimsi: Any HDMI 2.1 TV has 4K/120hz. My LG C9 OLED I bought last year has this. Also, there are many TVs that can do 1440p/120hz and 1080p/120hz. Next -gen will not be restricted to 4K. You can have higher frame rates at lower resolutions. I want nothing to do with 4K unless it is at least 60fps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

Not hard to make an indie title run at 120 4k but let me know when games pushing the latest in graphical fidelity can achieve that.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@davillain- said:
@fedor said:
@tormentos said:

@i_own_u_4ever:

Lol that's not Nya.

Agree, and Nya doesn't write this sloppy for that matter. He's always hotheaded.

Wait, is he still around??????????????? This is an excellent time for his ass to return.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

@BassMan said:

@speedytimsi: Any HDMI 2.1 TV has 4K/120hz. My LG C9 OLED I bought last year has this. Also, there are many TVs that can do 1440p/120hz and 1080p/120hz. Next -gen will not be restricted to 4K. You can have higher frame rates at lower resolutions. I want nothing to do with 4K unless it is at least 60fps.

Yea its an input problem, even the 8 line lg oleds can do 120hz 4k, just through internal streaming apps and not hdmi

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

:D

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By speedytimsi

@howmakewood said:
@BassMan said:

Yea its an input problem, even the 8 line lg oleds can do 120hz 4k, just through internal streaming apps and not hdmi

It's not that I doubt people not having a 4K 120Hz TV. But for the people that do not, spending a grand for a 4K 120HZ TV is probably not the best of idea if console launch/next gen hype was the only reason..

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7162 Posts

@BlackShirt20 said:

@Zero_epyon: quite a few games actually run 4K 60fps. Most games run 4k 30fps. So it’s not crazy to expect quite a few games to run 4k 60/120FPS.

Let’s also not forget cows were claiming boost mode on PS4 Pro was gonna outdo Xbox One X lol. Or now how a SSD is gonna overcome any sort of power disadvantage lol.

watch the ps5 deep dive video. i know its boring but mark will tell how this works. less in system memory of game time that is not being used = more in system memory of detail that is in your point of view or more assets per screen. or the epic unreal demo there was not enough memory to have that many triangles in the frame at once so the ssd brought in more triangles in a frame by frame basis.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Gifford38
@i_own_u_4ever said:
@gifford38 said:

can you let it release first before claiming every game will run at 120fps even though the new ass greed game is going to be 30fps on the series x. so there goes your claim right out the window.

plus first party games will be cross gen games so i hope last gen made games will run at 60fps or 120 fps on a next gen machine.

besides if the series x ssd was faster xbox would still be talking about ssd speeds and not teraflops. we all know for a fact the ps5 ssd is much faster.

A lot of false accusations here. I never said every game. And I never made a focus on the SSD except for the fact that the Velocity programming on XSX is apparently so fast and so good it basically seems like it makes the PS5 SSD null in void no big deal.

Microsoft's new custom SSD storage is central to Velocity Architecture on Xbox Series X, adopting an in-house NVMe solution, delivering unseen speeds in past generations. That provides 2.4 GB/s raw I/O throughput — or 4.8 GB/s compressed, enabled by a custom decompression block. Compared to the 120MB/s offered by Xbox One X, quick maths reveals up to 40 times increases could be a reality.

The hardware decompression block plays a vital role, allowing games to consume less space via compression on the SSD. That hardware is devoted to tackling run-time decompression, keeping games running smoothly without giving more work to the CPU. It uses Zlib, a general-purpose data-compression library, and a mysterious new system named "BCPack," geared to GPU textures.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-velocity-architecture

there you go it still is slower than the ps5.

The ability to access 5.5GB (raw) or a typical 8-9GB (compressed) of data per second. This is around 100 times faster than what's possible on PS4 currently - which has an IO throughput of around 50-100MB/s, which is dependent on data location on the HDD.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ps5-ssd-hard-drive-size-expanded-storage-6300

see its still more than twice as fast.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#69  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

I heard the SSD on the PS5 will allow it to have a higher graphical fidelity than the Series X. The Series X has been owned.😎

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#70 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@Pedro: Is it the triangles?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Pedro

@phbz said:

Triangles are also part of the equation. Its amazing how much the SSD can do. With a bit of tweaking it can be used to accelerate ray tracing.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Zero_epyon

@hardwenzen said:
@davillain- said:
@fedor said:
@tormentos said:

@i_own_u_4ever:

Lol that's not Nya.

Wait, is he still around??????????????? This is an excellent time for his ass to return.

I can't pin him down to a specific account yet but he's definitely here and he's been here for a while.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Zero_epyon
@Pedro said:
@phbz said:

Triangles are also part of the equation. Its amazing how much the SSD can do. With a bit of tweaking it can be used to accelerate ray tracing.

Serious question, have you worked with the PS5 dev kit yet?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos said:

@kingtito:

You mean this?

"One of the basic premises of the Xbox is to put the power in the hands of the artist," Blackley said, which is why Xbox developers "are achieving a level of visual detail you really get in 'Toy Story.'"

https://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-got-game-xbox-unveiled/

😂

You know 4d is not about graphics but about the actual experience,in fact we have 4D theaters so tell me how are those 4D and what they refer to.

I already corrected you on that you just spew long ago and again you repeat same crap.😂😂

I would have thought you'd have learned some reading comprehension skills but I guess old dogs can't learn new tricks. Clown of SWs just as you always were.

It doesn't matter what 4D is to you. Both companies spew a lot of BS and fanboys, people like you, run around eating it up and that's the point. Doesn't surprise anyone that you'd once again miss it.

I really do believe you have some reading comprehension problems and I'm not joking. You really should get some help.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Pedro

@Zero_epyon said:

Nope! Too much on my plate. Moving to new state, new job, etc. I am probably venture into the PS5 development next year.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Zero_epyon

@Pedro said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Nope! Too much on my plate. Moving to new state, new job, etc. I am probably venture into the PS5 development next year.

Oh wow. Sounds exciting. Good luck!

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@Zero_epyon: Ah, good catch.

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 I_own_u_4ever
Member since 2020 • 647 Posts

@BlackShirt20 said:

Exactly and the ponies were desperately screaming 32 floating point rapid pack math blah blah blah was gonna out do the X by 4 times the tflops. LOL we see how that turned out 1440p 30fps for the Pro.

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 I_own_u_4ever

@Pedro said:

I heard the SSD on the PS5 will allow it to have a higher graphical fidelity than the Series X. The Series X has been owned.😎

FALSE only the GPU can allow for that and a 9.2 OC Boost GPU can not beat the 12.15 Locked BEAST GPU in the XSX

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By I_own_u_4ever
@tormentos said:

@xantufrog:

Poor fella he is really invested in selling that extra 18 to 21% more GPU power..

The best part i love about this one is how the xbox ssd is great and the 120% faster ssd on PS5 is garbage that will amount to nothing because well it doesnt have enough velocity.😂

Poor Tormentos you must go through a lots of sheets at nights in your cold sweats over the XSX. Sorry i never said the SSD in the XSX was faster then the SSD in the PS5. I clearly have said because of Velocity architecture that the SSD in the PS5 is not really a big deal because of Velocity the XSX can do the same things but actually with better fidelity and higher more stable frames and resolutions because thew XSX has a better faster CPU and GPU.

Developers are also now backing this up and I've provided links.

U mad?

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

This dealer gamer fellow has a new video up...now before you piss yourself and scream bu bu bu fanboy..especially if your a fannyboy yourself HaH

An interview with dirt 5 dev and major nelson,enlightened yourselves instead of sticking your fingers in your ears

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 I_own_u_4ever

@Zero_epyon said:
@i_own_u_4ever said:
@Zero_epyon said:

This is Xbox One X all over again. Remember how hardcore lems believed games would run at 4K/60? Now they think they're getting 4K/120hz? lol

Prove it.

Oh look speak of the devil even this week more native 4k games added to the X.

https://gamingbolt.com/assetto-corsa-competizione-runs-at-1800p-on-ps4-pro-native-4k-on-xbox-one-x

U Mad?

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 I_own_u_4ever

Oh look bu bu bu Colt & Dealer are fanboys and they never get interviews or have inside connections?

Oh wait bu bu bu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8oyp_Ym_fM

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Zero_epyon

@i_own_u_4ever said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@i_own_u_4ever said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Prove it.

https://gamingbolt.com/assetto-corsa-competizione-runs-at-1800p-on-ps4-pro-native-4k-on-xbox-one-x

U Mad?

Uh...I thought we were talking about native 4K/60fps games. Now you're talking about native 4K only? Talk about moving goal posts.

https://gamingbolt.com/assetto-corsa-competizione-interview-console-features-ps4-pro-xbox-one-x-support-and-more

Will the game feature Xbox One X and PS4 Pro-specific enhancements? Is 4K/60 FPS on the cards?

PS4 Pro in 1080p output mode has improved draw distances, anti-aliasing, post process effects and particle effects. In 4K the game runs at up to 3200×1800. On the other hand, the Xbox One X has the same graphics improvements and natively runs at 4K.

They completely ignore the question about 60fps and just answer the resolution part. Why? Because Asseto Corsa runs like crap on consoles. The last version only reached 60fps on consoles when your car was the only visible car on the track. Add a few cars or some weather and the framerate tanked to the 30s-40s.

Where is this grand list of 4k/60 games? I'm still waiting.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Fedor

Damn, indoctrinated lems ITT.

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 I_own_u_4ever

@Zero_epyon said:
@i_own_u_4ever said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@i_own_u_4ever said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Prove it.

U Mad?

Uh...I thought we were talking about native 4K/60fps games. Now you're talking about native 4K only? Talk about moving goal posts.

https://gamingbolt.com/assetto-corsa-competizione-interview-console-features-ps4-pro-xbox-one-x-support-and-more

Will the game feature Xbox One X and PS4 Pro-specific enhancements? Is 4K/60 FPS on the cards?

PS4 Pro in 1080p output mode has improved draw distances, anti-aliasing, post process effects and particle effects. In 4K the game runs at up to 3200×1800. On the other hand, the Xbox One X has the same graphics improvements and natively runs at 4K.

They completely ignore the question about 60fps and just answer the resolution part. Why? Because Asseto Corsa runs like crap on consoles. The last version only reached 60fps on consoles when your car was the only visible car on the track. Add a few cars or some weather and the framerate tanked to the 30s-40s.

Well i'm not trying to google a list or anything but clearly Forza 7 is 4k 60fps there are others if your that pressed google them.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Zero_epyon

@i_own_u_4ever said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@i_own_u_4ever said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Prove it.

U Mad?

Well i'm not trying to google a list or anything but clearly Forza 7 is 4k 60fps there are others if your that pressed google them.

"Some did and lots at native 4K." You made the claim. Prove it. Otherwise, Xbox One X barely had 4k/60fps titles and the Series X will follow suit with 4K/120. It's not happening in amounts that matter.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Fedor

@i_own_u_4ever: Its almost like racers aren't demanding games or something... Who woulda thought?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#89 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

yes, yes. Computer will compute.

I'll make a retro indie game so you can have your 120Hz native 4K experience.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Gifford38

@i_own_u_4ever said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@i_own_u_4ever said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@i_own_u_4ever said:

Prove it.

U Mad?

forza 7 will be 4k/60 so will grand 7 so again that is nothing the ps5 can't do for racing games.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#91 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

@gifford38: mark will tell you how it works...

sorry am tired of the quoted pr remark. seeing no one other then sony has access to it. nor does sony make the ssd anyhow.

so third party can test their claims. that how real world benchmarks work..

now onto 4k... no game console or video card follows the 4k standard agree to around the world.

so 4k gaming term is worthless. other then pr talk.

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 643 Posts

The XSX is going to be crazy powerful, it is going to run almost any game at 4K 120 FPS, and 60 easily on any that can't quite hit 120 which will be very rare. It is going to be way more powerful than anything else including the PS5 by far.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#93 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@latech84 said:

The XSX is going to be crazy powerful, it is going to run almost any game at 4K 120 FPS, and 60 easily on any that can't quite hit 120 which will be very rare. It is going to be way more powerful than anything else including the PS5 by far.

Can I have some of what you're smoking? It's gotta be the good shit...

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 643 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:
@latech84 said:

Are you trying to deny my irrefutable facts?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Pedro

@latech84 said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@latech84 said:

Are you trying to deny my irrefutable facts?

@lundy86_4 is a nonbeliever.😎

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 tormentos

@kingtito:

Bullshit is not the first time you pull that shit,i just showed you how pathetic your arguements are.😂

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 tormentos

@i_own_u_4ever:

Actually lemming the one here pushing rapid pack math was ronvalencia when he try to argue the xbox one x was 12TF with RPM.😂

Hey wait a minute werent you pushing the whole 24TF bullshit as well here.?😂

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos: No you just showed how poor your reading comprehension skills are. Pretty much anyone that reads your post can see that.

All you've managed to prove is my point when that way ---->
you went this way <---- In other words you heard a whooooshhhh

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 I_own_u_4ever

@tormentos said:

@i_own_u_4ever:

Actually lemming the one here pushing rapid pack math was ronvalencia when he try to argue the xbox one x was 12TF with RPM.😂

Hey wait a minute werent you pushing the whole 24TF bullshit as well here.?😂

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.