Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 7987 Posts
@goldenelementxl said:
@Antwan3K said:

so if Sony has shown off an upcoming internal project to insiders behind closed doors and the developers continue to finalize the product, even resulting in some pivots in development, that product can now be considered "delayed" despite not having an official announcement and not having an official release date?.. what fanboy planet are you living on right now?..

LMAO!

If it was a product that random civilians like you and I know are coming, were referenced in the gaming media for years, shown to the press, and the execs responsible for the production of the product come out and saying, “we have made the decision to pivot away from our current iteration and are refocusing” then yes, it’s considered delayed. I don’t care if it’s Sony, Xbox, Nintendo, Nvidia, AMD, Sega, SNK, Panosonic, anyone who has ever made gaming hardware… Your sticking point here is that we are talking about Xbox. So you automatically engage in this disingenuous defense campaign for Xbox. It’s odd AF…

If this was PSVR 2, it’s delayed. If this was some Switch periphera, it’s delayed. A GPU… Delayed. I’m not being unfair to your favorite manufacturer here… So you can cut that shit out right now

again, when was the intended release date?.. how is something delayed if you never knew the date it was intended to be released?..

and I don’t care if it’s Sony, Xbox, Nintendo, Nvidia, AMD, Sega, SNK, Panosonic, anyone who has ever made gaming hardware.. your sticking point is that this is Xbox and apparently when it comes to Xbox, you simply lose your mind..

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Antwan3K
@goldenelementxl said:

@Pedro: [..] Whether the product is known to the public or not is pretty much irrelevant. An internal or external delay is a delay. [..]

do you know how dumb you sound?..

according that logic, name one single gaming product that you know for a fact wasn't delayed.. we'll wait.. 🤡

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@Antwan3K said:

do you know how dumb you sound?..

according that logic, name one single gaming product that wasn't delayed.. we'll wait.. 🤡

I’m not the one trying to redefine the English language to damage conTroll

If a product was shown to the press, and the average message board member knows of its existence, abandoning that shown iteration in an attempt to improve it is a delay. And the two outlets with knowledge of the product say it’s still coming. So you and Pedro are the 🤡’s in this instance. But everyone outside of your little Lem group knows that already. Y’all been 🤡’s since 2016 when you blindly followed RonBot to his 🤡 circus. Wrong at every turn. About tech specs. Performance targets. Public perception and market performance. 🤡’s

But I’ll take it easy on y’all. Lems have had a tough go here at SW since 2013. We’re nearing a decade of L’s at this point. I defended y’all against the PS4 Cows, but no more. You’ve become an insufferable group with almost no redeeming qualities. Pedro just blindly argues with everybody in every thread, Kuu2 posts like twice a month (probably not a bad thing) and you‘ve sold your soul (and brain) to Phil Spencer. Hopefully you got a better deal than People Can Fly did…

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#55 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69097 Posts

Only a 🤡 would think anyone would damage control a non existent, unannounced and canned product.😂

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
@Pedro said:

Only a 🤡 would think anyone would damage control a non existent, unannounced and canned product.😂

You‘ve posted 13 times in a thread about a “non existent, unannounced and canned product.” Most would call that damage conTroll…

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Pedro

@goldenelementxl said:
@Pedro said:

You‘ve posted 13 times in a thread about a “non existent, unannounced and canned product.” Most would call that damage conTroll…

And I am damage controlling what?

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Antwan3K

@Pedro: he never seems capable of explaining what exactly anyone is damage controlling..

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Antwan3K

@goldenelementxl: i asked you a simple question.. According to the textbook definition of "delay" that you're trying to use, what gaming product HASN'T been delayed?.. Name one.. A SINGLE PRODUCT..

Back in the real world, and even in SW, if there is no release date, there is no delay.. Its just that simple.. And in this case, the device hasn't even been ANNOUNCED!!..

the biggest clown of System Wars has been confirmed, yet again.. 🤡

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@Antwan3K: Showing a product to the gaming press, and then months later saying, "we're going back to the drawing board" is a what? What would YOU call that? I can name multiple products that haven't done that before... Usually a company wouldn't go showing a product until they're confident it's gonna work.... Games are a different story. The press sees those in all sorts of rough conditions. They also sign NDA's when they see software in this state. Tom Warren saying he's seen it, and "It's a puck, not a stick" is more information than we'd get from an NDA'd showing. He also said today its, "not a long time away," meaning it's still later in the design stage, and near production ready... Not "canned" like you and Pedro are speculating.

I also like how y'all can speculate, but nobody else can... You've said multiple times on this board that a streaming stick was in the works. You've hyped it here before. I'd be more than glad to show you. Y'all are even going at Jez and Tom at this point... If that's not damage conTrolling, then what is it?

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Antwan3K

@goldenelementxl: again, if the device hasn't been officially announced and has no official release date, there is no official "delay".. the device is literally still in internal development and could have either been cancelled entirely, completely scrapped for something different, or anything in between.. until there are official announcements in terms of the final design and release, all anyone is doing is speculating..

and speculate all you want.. but an unannounced product with no release date can't be "delayed" by any traditional measurement no matter how much you want to present yourself as the clown of SW..

and just pointing out the obvious fallacy in your lack of logic, isn't damage control.. no one cares about an unannounced product.. i literally said that if this rumored device is released now, it's way too soon considering the current state of the Game Pass sub model or did your selective reading comprehension miss all that?..

YOU are the concern troll that tries to spin absolutely anything related to Xbox into doom and gloom.. you're basically a cow at this point and that seems just as fitting as you calling me a "lem" when i gladly support and applaud PlayStation gaming efforts as they pertain to how i consume games currently..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Pedro

@goldenelementxl said:

@Antwan3K: He also said today its, "not a long time away," meaning it's still later in the design stage, and near production ready... Not "canned" like you and Pedro are speculating.

In the OP from MS rep, "We have made the decision to pivot away from the current iteration of the Keystone device."

Pivot away is very clear. The current device was canned. It is really that simple. You nor I, know what/if the new device is going to be but what is clear, is that the current device that was in development has been canned. Don't let the simple stuff trip you up. But, if you do, I will be here to walk all over you.😂

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Antwan3K

@Pedro: you gotta keep in mind that he has selective reading comprehension..

If this was good news about Xbox hardware, software, or subscription numbers, he'd be front and center combing through the details to find anyway possible to spin that into a negative..

But when it comes to reading a plain English statement, he can't seem to wrap his head around it and feels the need to warp that statement to meet his fanboy narrative..

And when called out, its the same routine of "blah blah, yall damage controlling Xbox" despite there being nothing to damage control.. Rinse, Repeat...

Its like clockwork at this point

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11004 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

He always does that. Claims he's not damage controlling, then has his sword and shield up for 5 pages long 🤣

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Cows have had a nightmare here🤣

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@goldenelementxl said:

He always does that. Claims he's not damage controlling, then has his sword and shield up for 5 pages long 🤣

Exactly! 😂

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 43939 Posts

This thread delivers.

Would read again. lol :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin: Then share what I am damage controlling since Mr Concern can't. 🤭

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@Pedro said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Then share what I am damage controlling since Mr Concern can't. 🤭

You post like crazy in threads that are anything less than glowing for Xbox. There’s many threads where your posts make up like 40%+ of the thread activity. That thread where you swore Starfield wouldn’t get delayed was mostly you. Anything about Halo is damn near half Pedro. Game Pass threads are like 50% Antwan. That is the definition of damage controlling. You two act as if it’s your purpose to control the messaging and opinion of everything Xbox. I defend Nintendo often here. You don’t see me going on Nintendo defense missions anytime somebody clowns on Nintendo. I’ve also leaned Herm over console for a decade… Yet you don’t see me pushing PC on everybody, and defending it against the naysayers.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Pedro

@goldenelementxl said:

You post like crazy in threads that are anything less than glowing for Xbox. There’s many threads where your posts make up like 40%+ of the thread activity. That thread where you swore Starfield wouldn’t get delayed was mostly you. Anything about Halo is damn near half Pedro. Game Pass threads are like 50% Antwan. That is the definition of damage controlling. You two act as if it’s your purpose to control the messaging and opinion of everything Xbox. I defend Nintendo often here. You don’t see me going on Nintendo defense missions anytime somebody clowns on Nintendo. I’ve also leaned Herm over console for a decade… Yet you don’t see me pushing PC on everybody, and defending it against the naysayers.

Cool story. Now point out what I am damage controlling in this thread? I look forward to your deflection.😎

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 SecretPolice  Online

Dunno if anything new here but PSA...

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xboxs-plan-to-let-you-play-xbox-without-xbox-moves-ahead-at-xbox/1100-6503931/

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Pedro

@SecretPolice: Looks like it is referencing the same thing.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SecretPolice  Online

@Pedro:

Ahh, okay.

Pretty useless PSA it is then. lol :P

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Antwan3K
@Pedro said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Cool story. Now point out what I am damage controlling in this thread? I look forward to your deflection.😎

he seems to be under the impression that simply calling out his disingenuous spinning of good Xbox news is somehow "damage control".. when in reality, the only person damage controlling good Xbox news is him.. 🤷🏽‍♂️

in this case, he's even spinning the non-news of an unannounced product.. 🤡

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Story from May 6th

In November 2020, Microsoft gaming CEO Phil Spencer revealed you’d likely be able to stream Xbox games to your TV “in the next 12 months.” And, in June 2021, the company confirmed it would soon offer both a smart TV app and an Xbox streaming stick to make it happen.

But it’s been 11 months since “soon” and 17 months since Spencer suggested it’d be 12 months. And, now, both VentureBeat’s Jeff Grubb and The Verge’s own Tom Warren are reporting that the wait isn’t over.

Grubb now says we can expect the Xbox puck “in the next 12 months,” which I will remind you is the same exact phrase Spencer uttered 17 months ago, alongside the words, “I don’t think anything is going to stop us from doing that.” (I will also remind you that Microsoft already developed a similar product last decade but canceled it before a planned E3 2016 debut.)

Now they’re back to the drawing board with the puck, and none of the 2022 TVs at CES are running the Xbox App. Stadia and GeForce Now are there... Phil has indicated multiple launch timeframes… And still nothing…

Delayed…

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Antwan3K
@goldenelementxl said:

Delayed…

when was the device officially announced?.. when was the release date?.. do you have a trailer you can link us to? a product page?.. a store listing?.. do you even have the official name?..

from your own link:

Much like the TV app plans, Microsoft isn’t providing any details on release date or pricing for its own Xbox streaming devices. - link

again, according to your logic, name a single gaming product that hasn't been delayed if we're going to include the shifting development plans of unannounced products..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@Antwan3K: I mean, if you ignore Phil telling the press “soon” and “within 12 months” multiple times, sure. Can the press not take Phil at his word?

Find another example of a CEO telling the press these things, and then 2 years later scrapping an iteration and going back to the drawing board. Phil missed his projection by a year before the delay/reworking. Seems to be a trend… 🤔

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Antwan3K

@goldenelementxl: saying "soon" or "within 12 months" for a product that is still so early in development that it doesn't even have an official reveal is meaningless.. absolutely no details were given other than "we're working on something" and the vast majority of those quotes were in reference to TV apps..

it's funny how you are twisting yourself into knots when Phil says the most vague comments imaginable, but when he straight up tells the press that "Game Pass is very sustainable", you immediately go and grab your tinfoil hat and moo about how that's not the case.. the only "trend" here is your intellectual dishonestly and the lengths you'll seemingly go to support your ever shifting narratives..

and for the nth time, name a single gaming product that hasn't been delayed if we're going to include the shifting development plans of unannounced products..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Pedro

@Antwan3K: Stop damage controlling.... (let me check my notes....I get back to you on that)

😂

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Antwan3K

@Pedro said:

@Antwan3K: Stop damage controlling.... (let me check my notes....I get back to you on that)

😂

the clown show continues 🤡

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@Antwan3K said:

@goldenelementxl: saying "soon" or "within 12 months" for a product that is still so early in development that it doesn't even have an official reveal is meaningless..

That’s a very contradictory statement. Soon, and within 12 months isn’t something you say about a product that’s “so early in development” as you put it. Especially when these statements were made almost 2 years ago. But you know that… Your bias just won’t let you admit it. It’s ok. I know that continuing to try to have an objective conversation with folks that are incapable of being objective is an exercise in futility. But hey, I enjoy it from time to time.

@Antwan3K said:
@Pedro said:

😂

the clown show continues 🤡

You two are something else. I look forward to future conversations involving certain bits of information. I’m curious to see which new gymnastics routines you guys come up with.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Antwan3K

@goldenelementxl: "soon" and "12 months" are already contradictory.. We're talking about a project that hasn't even been officially announced.. That's the beginning and end of the conversation but simple logic doesn't seem to compute for you when it comes to Xbox..

AGAIN, please name one gaming product that HASN'T been delayed if you want to include the shifting decisions, revisions, goals, and viability of unannounced products?!?!..

Until you answer this question, your clown show continues.. Entertaining, yes, but at some point you need to try to put together one single good faith argument on this forum..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
@Antwan3K said:

@goldenelementxl: "soon" and "12 months" are already contradictory.. We're talking about a project that hasn't even been officially announced..

No, Phil was talking about a product that wasn’t officially announced, and a TV App, to the press in 2020, and referred to it as “coming soon” and “within the next 12 months.” The press started asking questions over 17 months later since the product, info and announcements were MIA. Then a couple weeks later Xbox says they’re redoing some things…

This isn’t the first time you’ve taken issue with something Phil said/did but are taking it out on me…

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Antwan3K

@goldenelementxl: you are trying way too hard..

when was the product officially announced?.. when was the release date?..

these are fundamental questions that you simply can't answer.. you're the one out here with a decoder ring trying to fit a square peg into a circular hole while hunting bigfoot..

it was an unannounced product with no release date that is in continued development and/or has been completely scrapped.. we literally know nothing about it other than "they are working on something", yet you're trying to claim it's delayed when it hasn't even been revealed yet..

and AGAIN, please name one gaming product that HASN'T been delayed if you want to include the shifting decisions, revisions, goals, and viability of unannounced products

by all means, keep the clown show going.. 🤡 it's definitely entertaining..

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50497 Posts

If the head of xbox says within 12 months and it's pushed further, sorry, that's a delay.

Either way, y'all arguing over this.... 😆

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Antwan3K
@Chutebox said:

If the head of xbox says within 12 months and it's pushed further, sorry, that's a delay.

I'd caution you to actually read those links before you co-sign..

here's the actual quote:

Xbox chief Phil Spencer has revealed we’ll likely see an Xbox app appear on smart TVs over the next year. “I think you’re going to see that in the next 12 months,” said Spencer, when asked about turning the Xbox into a TV app.- link

where is a media stick mentioned?.. where did he mention a release date for that stick?.. the only quotes available for that are: (from a different conversation)

We’re also developing standalone streaming devices that you can plug into a TV or monitor, so if you have a strong internet connection, you can stream your Xbox experience - link

so, again, did the head of xbox say "within 12 months" for the puck?.. or is this just @goldenelementxl stitching together a narrative?.. i think the answer is pretty clear.. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#88 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10360 Posts

it's like a modern if a tree falls in a wood. if a product is delayed without ever being announced is it really a delay. one for the forum philosophers to wrangle over

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@Antwan3K: You missed the best parts of that article…

Microsoft was previously working on a lightweight Xbox streaming device back in 2016, but itcanceled the hardware. Microsoft has been testing the idea of streaming and TV sticks ever since the company originallydemonstrated Halo 4streaming from the cloudto Windows and Windows Phones all the way back in 2013.

And then you tried to pull a fast one with your selective quote.

“Spenceralso hinted atMicrosoft’s own Xbox streaming stick last year, something Microsoft now says will appear soon. “We’re also developing standalone streaming devices that you can plug into a TV or monitor, so if you have a strong internet connection, you can stream your Xbox experience,” reveals Hamren”

Why did you cut that part out?!?

Then this article again mentions quotes of Phil referencing the stick as well as the app on Samsung TVs in 2021

Maybe @Chutebox can weigh in on who he thinks is being genuine, and who here has an agenda…

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Antwan3K

@goldenelementxl: where did Phil Spencer say that they will be releasing a streaming stick within 12 months?..

please provide that quote.. because the part i "cut out" isn't a quote from Phil Spencer..

what you're doing is quoting the author of the article.. where did Phil Spencer say that?.. from your own link, the only thing he said was "We’re also developing standalone streaming devices that you can plug into a TV or monitor, so if you have a strong internet connection, you can stream your Xbox experience".. where exactly does he mention a release date?..

that "12 months" was in relation to TV apps and then you disingenuously tried to tie that to the streaming stick.. but feel free to keep digging this hole.. 🤡

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@Antwan3K: So the author is lying now? LMAO!

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Antwan3K

@goldenelementxl: you can't say "Phil Spencer said [insert statement]" without an actual quote from Phil Spencer.. 🤷🏽‍♂️

would you like to provide that quote or are we done here?.. 🤡

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#93 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20095 Posts

people argue about the strangest things

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Antwan3K
@Zero_epyon said:

welcome to System Wars.. 🤷🏽‍♂️ new here?..

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Zero_epyon

@Antwan3K said:
@Zero_epyon said:

welcome to System Wars.. 🤷🏽‍♂️ new here?..

The argument isn't even about the systems at this point...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50497 Posts

Great, an argument about the argument now!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Pedro

This is pucking entertaining 🙃

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#98 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43998 Posts

@Pedro: Winner, winner! Chicken dinner! 😅👍

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Zero_epyon

@Chutebox said:

Argumentception!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@Zero_epyon said:
@Chutebox said:

Argumentception!

Nah. It’s gotta be an argument, about an argument, about an argument for it to be an argumentception

I just started the agrumentception!