Xbox still makes you buy batteries for their controllers because...

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@briguyb13 said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@briguyb13 said:

Not this shit again... cows delusional as always thinking Sony's way is always the best way when they're blind to all other ways. If they compared them side by side they'd pick AA batteries over internals every time.

dude stop calling out sony and call out your own company for once everytime you show up and try to bad mouth sony and then when i call you out on microsoft stuff you say oh I call out microsoft too look at your post your not calling out microsoft at all unless i tell you something bad they did.

Use proper grammar and stop with this idiotic clown act you've been faking so people will notice you. It's tiring.

The original launch xb1 controller did not have a headphone jack included and did not have bluetooth. Why don't you call that crap out instead of sony all the time?

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

The standard should really be to package a play and charge kit with the Xbox.

Having the option to use AA batteries is nice but, it shouldn't be the standard these days.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Nonstop-Madness said:

The standard should really be to package a play and charge kit with the Xbox.

Having the option to use AA batteries is nice but, it shouldn't be the standard these days.

I wish I could like this comment 1000 times but xbox guys will be like na its all good or something.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@ProtossRushX: Look fakeboy, you can save of the fake outrage over anything MS does. No one here believes shit you say or cares because you're such a fakeboy. You don't game and I bet you wake up and don't even know which way you're going to shill that day. Give it a rest

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@briguyb13 said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@briguyb13 said:

Not this shit again... cows delusional as always thinking Sony's way is always the best way when they're blind to all other ways. If they compared them side by side they'd pick AA batteries over internals every time.

dude stop calling out sony and call out your own company for once everytime you show up and try to bad mouth sony and then when i call you out on microsoft stuff you say oh I call out microsoft too look at your post your not calling out microsoft at all unless i tell you something bad they did.

Use proper grammar and stop with this idiotic clown act you've been faking so people will notice you. It's tiring.

The original launch xb1 controller did not have a headphone jack included and did not have bluetooth. Why don't you call that crap out instead of sony all the time?

Why don't you stop acting like a clown for attention?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#56 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

@ProtossRushX:

- No I don’t care

- I prefer to have the option for supplying power to the controller

- Yes I did buy the plug and play recharge pack

We’ve already gone over this before Karen. You want to keep crying about it then go talk to the manager. 😅

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@kingtito said:

@ProtossRushX: Look fakeboy, you can save of the fake outrage over anything MS does. No one here believes shit you say or cares because you're such a fakeboy. You don't game and I bet you wake up and don't even know which way you're going to shill that day. Give it a rest

Well we determined your words are one big pile of shit. The only fakeboy here is you who haven't shown us a damn thing that you actually game injstead of shill for microsoft all day on here.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Pedro

"Look, I have systems I don't use." 😂🤣

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Honestly it's kinda whatever... you can buy rechargeable batteries/ battery packs for pretty cheap.

I guess the ideal for both companies would be include a rechargeable pack and charge cable that you can easily pop in and out of the controller. Then the buyer can decide what they want to do.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Pedro

@drummerdave9099 said:

Honestly it's kinda whatever... you can buy rechargeable batteries/ battery packs for pretty cheap.

I guess the ideal for both companies would be include a rechargeable pack and charge cable that you can easily pop in and out of the controller. Then the buyer can decide what they want to do.

Yep! Instead you have folks shilling for either non-replaceable or hard to replace batteries. At the moment, the easiest solution for MS is to include rechargeable AA batteries and it is a wrap.

I hate this movement in electronics to freaking lock the battery into devices. This includes phones, laptops, watches etc. That shit needs to stop.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 kingtito

@ProtossRushX: Yes yes we've seen the pics and your online profiles aaaaannnndddddd you proved that you don't actually play. The last time you played on the console you shilled for....2019 hahaha it's 2021. You haven't even played your xbox since it's collecting dust in the closet and the only game you play on PC is WoW. You're the biggest fakeboy on this site and you know it clown

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Pedro

@kingtito said:

@ProtossRushX: Yes yes we've seen the pics and your online profiles aaaaannnndddddd you proved that you don't actually play. The last time you played on the console you shilled for....2019 hahaha it's 2021. You haven't even played your xbox since it's collecting dust in the closet and the only game you play on PC is WoW. You're the biggest fakeboy on this site and you know it clown

"bu buh but look at all the systems that I have collecting dust, including my home." 😂🤣

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#63 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12948 Posts

So they have an exclusive deal with Duracell instead of Energizer or Rayovac. Yippie skippie. That has nothing to do with MS not wanting to do a built in battery. LOL

MS does it the best way though. Options > No Options

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@Pedro said:

If there is any angle you want to shoot at MS is the lack of rechargeable AA batteries. If MS saying "we want to give players options", well that is an all inclusive option.

That's not true, I bought a two pack of recharagable batteries for my Xbox One controllers for like $20 years ago.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 kingtito

@x_hedon said:

So they have an exclusive deal with Duracell instead of Energizer or Rayovac. Yippie skippie. That has nothing to do with MS not wanting to do a built in battery. LOL

MS does it the best way though. Options > No Options

No no no the best option is not to have options....said every cow

Cows continue to make a big deal out of having options as if having a built in battery is next gen.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#66 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@eoten said:

You can buy a battery pack that'll recharge inside the controller for like $10. Also, an Xbox Series S/X controller is $60, a PS5 controller is $70. So.... Nothingburger.

The xbox recharge kit is not 10 bux its like $25

stop lying and trying to brush this off to the side like the xbox guys

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories/batteries-chargers/play-and-charge-kit

You don't need the official kit, nor do you even need the USB cable. Just a battery pack. Besides, the reason behind having interchangeable batteries is so you can swap to a pack that is fully charged and not have to plug your controller in to play. Which may not be possible if you're on the other side of a living room from your console.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Wow... you guys don't disappoint. I post something about batteries in the Xbox controllers and you guys automatically make assumptions and start throwing out vitriol and hate against Playstation when they were NEVER even mentioned in the original post.

Look... if you're that salty over a light being shown on this new development, then buy a different brand of battery for your controller.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Pedro

@jcrame10 said:
@Pedro said:

If there is any angle you want to shoot at MS is the lack of rechargeable AA batteries. If MS saying "we want to give players options", well that is an all inclusive option.

That's not true, I bought a two pack of recharagable batteries for my Xbox One controllers for like $20 years ago.

What are you talking about?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Pedro
@Telekill said:

Wow... you guys don't disappoint. I post something about batteries in the Xbox controllers and you guys automatically make assumptions and start throwing out vitriol and hate against Playstation when they were NEVER even mentioned in the original post.

Look... if you're that salty over a light being shown on this new development, then buy a different brand of battery for your controller.

No one in this thread indicated that they buy Duracell, yet you are here acting as if they do and they have been called out.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@ProtossRushX: “ when im right all the time”

Muhahahahahahaha..........

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Telekill

@Pedro: Then why would you be so butt hurt over this deal having been made?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 sealionact

@Telekill: The deal means the Xbox controller comes with Duracell batteries? That’s...good isn’t it? Instead of - say - some batteries bought from wishdotcom?

Could be worse....ms could have released a 70 buck controller with a built in battery that will be dead in a few years, with features like haptics that need to be turned off when you use another feature like the built in mic.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Pedro

@Telekill said:

@Pedro: Then why would you be so butt hurt over this deal having been made?

You have to try that one again. That is low level. 😎

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Telekill

@Pedro: Nothing to retry.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

What kind of mobile phone do you xbox users use if you like the option of changing out batteries? I use to think it was so cool back when I had my galaxy s5 but rarely ever swapped the battery with the extra one I bought. I just plug my phone in every night and it's good for the day. Same with my laptop and my controllers.... after I'm done playing I plug them in until next time I'm ready to play, which is usually the next day. The only thing in my house that requires batteries is my tv remote/roku which last all year. Options are nice, but don't forget, NOT having to buy separate batteries for your controller is a great option too. MS should include rechargeable batteries with their controller and this whole debate would be over and their controller would have the advantage since you could charge it or swap batteries if you're in a pinch and can't use a cord for some reason. I personally think swapping batteries is 20 year old tech and everything should have built in rechargeable batteries now. Unless you're playing more than 4-6 hours at a time, battery life shouldn't be a problem if you plug them in after playing each time. And I've never had a controller that lost it's charge over time. Other things will go bad on the controller before the battery does.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#76 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@Telekill: I told pple here years ago this was probably the case. It’s business. They work with each other to enhance their relevance

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

Jesus Christ, this thread exploded over BATTERIES. The console wars are in full swing. LOL

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 kingtito

@Telekill said:

Wow... you guys don't disappoint. I post something about batteries in the Xbox controllers and you guys automatically make assumptions and start throwing out vitriol and hate against Xbox when they were NEVER even mentioned in the original post.

Fixed it for you since you seem to conveniently forget how this happens in every thread that has nothing to do with the other console.

No "light" was shown clown. MS made statements about having options since EVERY company has a deal with another company over parts or other relevant things with regards to products. You acting like it's some big revelation or slight on MS is typical cow making a mountain out of mole hill. give it rest clown

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 kingtito
@joshrmeyer said:

What kind of mobile phone do you xbox users use if you like the option of changing out batteries? I use to think it was so cool back when I had my galaxy s5 but rarely ever swapped the battery with the extra one I bought. I just plug my phone in every night and it's good for the day. Same with my laptop and my controllers.... after I'm done playing I plug them in until next time I'm ready to play, which is usually the next day. The only thing in my house that requires batteries is my tv remote/roku which last all year. Options are nice, but don't forget, NOT having to buy separate batteries for your controller is a great option too. MS should include rechargeable batteries with their controller and this whole debate would be over and their controller would have the advantage since you could charge it or swap batteries if you're in a pinch and can't use a cord for some reason. I personally think swapping batteries is 20 year old tech and everything should have built in rechargeable batteries now. Unless you're playing more than 4-6 hours at a time, battery life shouldn't be a problem if you plug them in after playing each time. And I've never had a controller that lost it's charge over time. Other things will go bad on the controller before the battery does.

LOLOL that argument is ridiculous. Name a battery that dies as fast a mobile phone one does? I have to charge my phone every single day so having non rechargeable batteries wouldn't make any sense. Meanwhile, my controller batteries last me at least a month with everyday use and even longer if I'm not having marathon sessions. What stupid arguments you cows come up with.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Telekill

@kingtito: Actually, you broke the paragraph. Congrats.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 kingtito

@Telekill said:

@kingtito: Actually, you broke the paragraph. Congrats.

Glad I could help since you seem to be showing your hypocritical side...in other words being a normal cow

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Telekill

@kingtito: You're so clueless it's funny. 🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Lots of butthurt lems in here. Them finding out that it was just a deal to milk them FOR THREE GENERATIONS IN A ROW has most certainly hit them hard.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#84 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@cainetao11: Hey, good to see you back.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 kingtito

@Telekill said:

@kingtito: You're so clueless it's funny. 🤣

And you're a clown...rather be clueless than a clown but please tell us how much batteries hurt your feelings

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 kingtito
@hardwenzen said:

Lots of butthurt lems in here. Them finding out that it was just a deal to milk them FOR THREE GENERATIONS IN A ROW has most certainly hit them hard.

I take it you didn't actually read the article? Here just because I know it's hard to understand. Battery options >>>> none

"Now, Microsoft supplied its own statement to MCV/Develop on the matter, but it wasn't keen to delve into its agreement with Duracell. "We intentionally offer consumers choice in their battery solutions for our standard Xbox Wireless Controllers," it began. "This includes the use of AA batteries from any brand, the Xbox Rechargeable Battery, charging solutions from our partners, or a USB-C cable, which can power the controller when plugged in to the console or PC."

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By jcrame10

@Pedro said:
@jcrame10 said:
@Pedro said:

What are you talking about?

https://www.amazon.com/Controller-Prodico-Charging-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B0788LGVC6/ref=asc_df_B0788LGVC6/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312396651065&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6049461193327798760&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9015551&hvtargid=pla-569748838064&psc=1

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Pedro

@jcrame10 said:

https://www.amazon.com/Controller-Prodico-Charging-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B0788LGVC6/ref=asc_df_B0788LGVC6/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312396651065&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6049461193327798760&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9015551&hvtargid=pla-569748838064&psc=1

Did you read what I said?

"If there is any angle you want to shoot at MS is the lack of rechargeable AA batteries. If MS saying "we want to give players options", well that is an all inclusive option.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 jcrame10

@Pedro said:
@jcrame10 said:

Did you read what I said?

"If there is any angle you want to shoot at MS is the lack of rechargeable AA batteries. If MS saying "we want to give players options", well that is an all inclusive option.

How is there a lack of rechargeable AA batteries....when I send you a link to where you can directly buy them?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Pedro

@jcrame10 said:

How is there a lack of rechargeable AA batteries....when I send you a link to where you can directly buy them?

They don't include rechargeable AA batteries with the controller and that if they include rechargeable batteries it would be an all inclusive option.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@sealionact said:

@Telekill: The deal means the Xbox controller comes with Duracell batteries? That’s...good isn’t it? Instead of - say - some batteries bought from wishdotcom?

Could be worse....ms could have released a 70 buck controller with a built in battery that will be dead in a few years, with features like haptics that need to be turned off when you use another feature like the built in mic.

You know if you plug in controller like I do 99% of time on PC the Dual Shocks will never die even if the battery is dead they still will run right?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 sealionact

@joshrmeyer: That’s not the point. Mobile phones are not controllers...we don’t want to change controllers for newer, better models - sometimes in as little as one year. Even then, if you want to keep your mobile when the battery dies, there are replacement services available from most manufacturers. There isn’t one from Sony for the controller.

Also, mobiles need to be charged every single day. Xbox controllers last up to a month on good AA batteries, because they’re not being used the whole day.

If ms included rechargeable batteries...or a rechargeable pack...the price of the controller would go up. It’s better having a cheaper price with an option to spend more if you want other options than a more expensive price which gives you an option that you might not want. Personally, I bought a battery pack for my old 360, and found it more bother than simply swapping batteries after a month.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 sealionact

@hardwenzen: Wait...you mean we are forced to use Duracell batteries, and we’ve had no other option for 3 generations?

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

Still using normal batteries???

Whats next replacing the blu ray drive with a record player?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Wait...you mean we are forced to use Duracell batteries, and we’ve had no other option for 3 generations?

Nobody forced you to use them, but most did because its a popular brand. That is how you milk your fans without any sort of backlash. Microsoft is smart.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@sealionact said:

@joshrmeyer: That’s not the point. Mobile phones are not controllers...we don’t want to change controllers for newer, better models - sometimes in as little as one year. Even then, if you want to keep your mobile when the battery dies, there are replacement services available from most manufacturers. There isn’t one from Sony for the controller.

Also, mobiles need to be charged every single day. Xbox controllers last up to a month on good AA batteries, because they’re not being used the whole day.

If ms included rechargeable batteries...or a rechargeable pack...the price of the controller would go up. It’s better having a cheaper price with an option to spend more if you want other options than a more expensive price which gives you an option that you might not want. Personally, I bought a battery pack for my old 360, and found it more bother than simply swapping batteries after a month.

I have had AA batteries die very quickly they don't actually last that long I was changing them out every week and thats a huge drain on me finacially and duracell and microsoft don't give a crap they teamed up to do this.

Meanwhile i plug in my ps4 controller when im done gaming and boom its rdy to go right away.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@sealionact: I can see the advantages of both ways. The problem is that MS charges the same price as Sony but doesn't include a battery pack. Not a big deal really though. I just looked at how much rechargeable batteries are, and they aren't much. I guess just the idea of using replaceable batteries in 2021 in high end devices that are $60-$180(or more?) seems archaic. In practice it's really not that big of a deal. As little as I actually play my PS4, if it had the same controller as xbox, I could probably go several months on one pack of batteries. Again, I think it's just the idea or concept of it. Even most cheap electronic toys or devices now a days use some kind of built in rechargeable battery. I think next gen MS will go this route or maybe even this gen if they update their controller(which it looks like they might with that survey).

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

i get 2 free batteries... my re-chargeable batteries do the rest

thank you MS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@bluestars said:

i get 2 free batteries... my re-chargeable batteries do the rest

thank you MS

You still had to buy those rechargeable batteries at some point and now they are preoccupied in your gaming unit where as with sony im rechargeable at no charge.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

i like MS system for the controller. I just swap out rechargeable batteries, which is more convenient than having to plug in a cord.