Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44025 Posts

Well, this should be good.

Plus the fact software is where the $$$$$$$$$$$ are at so with Xbox games on PC and tablets MS looks to be sitting in the cat bird seat.

Xbox Won !!! :P

Thoughts?

The Story.

----

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-series-xs-sales-not-far-behind-ps5-analyst-says/1100-6487110/

Xbox Series X|S Sales Not Far Behind PS5, Analyst Says

The Xbox Series X|S is trailing the PS5 to start the generation, though perhaps by less than you imagined.

The PS5 may have outsold the Xbox Series X|S as launch, but according to one analyst, the difference between the two platforms may not have been as great as you think. The PS5 sold about 4.5 million units in 2020, which accounted for about a month and a half, but the Xbox Series X is nearly keeping pace.

The estimate comes from analyst Daniel Ahmad from Niko Partners, who says the Xbox Series X|S sold "a bit over 1 million" fewer systems than the PS5. This would put it at a little under 3.5 million systems, which is nothing to scoff at when considering the supply shortages, pandemic restrictions, and price of the systems.

Following the Xbox Series X|S launch back in November, head of Xbox Phil Spencer said it was the largest launch in the brand's history. At the time, Ahmad estimated that meant more than 1 million units had to be sold, which would seemingly indicate a few million more were sold through the remainder of the year.

Because of its streaming platform and PC players, however, Xbox doesn't put as much emphasis on pure console sales as some of its competitors. At this point, Microsoft just wants you to get an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription and play on whatever device you have, and if you're a "core" player, that likely means a fancy new machine. Late last month, The Medium was added to the service, and we were big fans of it. In GameSpot's The Medium review, Jordan Ramée appreciated the sound design as well as the supernatural environments.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SecretPolice

lol :P

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Two combined consoles getting beaten by one. Swear these forums were says the S was going to smash both of them.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SecretPolice

@Random_Matt said:

Two combined consoles getting beaten by one. Swear these forums were says the S was going to smash both of them.

Wait, are not the diskless PS Jives counted along with the disk ones?

Yup, thought so. :P

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts

Nice. I just think it’s great to see console gaming just doing so well all around. 😎

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

Kind of hard to do when there are supply constraints for the PS5 and XSS/X

edit:oops I thought you were talking about the Switch out selling them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-642321fb121ca

@SecretPolice said:
@Random_Matt said:

Wait, are not the diskless PS Jives counted along with the disk ones?

Yup, thought so. :P

Fair enough.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-642321fb121ca
@regnaston said:
@Random_Matt said:

The Switch will outsell both for a long time, will slot into number two behind PS2.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

Duh. That's not news. Xbox will keep pace for a few months, similar to when PS4 and Xbox One launched. Everyone wants a new shiny toy.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SecretPolice

@shellcase86:

Nadda, the BS4 was killing X1 right outta the gate. It wasn't even close. :P

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

Xbox Series X/S sales are booming.

gtx021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gtx021
Member since 2013 • 515 Posts

instead buying rtx 3090,10900k,32gb ram,asus deluxe motherboard.etc.

PS5,XBOX SERIES X/S save us

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

Great news for MS. Seems people are willing to take whatever they can get their hands on at this point.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15904 Posts

I will bite. Xbox Series (X & S) shipped way lower than Xbox One during the same period. For reference, Xbox One VCR shipped 3.9m same quarter while Xbox Series is less than 3.3m.

Xbox is DOOMED ~~~~~

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6860 Posts

Pretty pointless thread. Both are selling out immediately so the only thing determining sales is how many they can produce.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6860 Posts

@Random_Matt said:
@regnaston said:
@Random_Matt said:

The Switch will outsell both for a long time, will slot into number two behind PS2.

No it won't. It will never beat the PS4 and I expect the PS5 to start outselling it by the middle of the year.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

It probably has to do with how many they can make, but that said I didn't know Series was behind PS5

I think this gen has been really desperate and at this point, doesn't really matter who's in the lead...that's how I see it.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

I wanna hear it from MS's mouth. What are Xbox's real numbers?

What's the matter, Phil? Chicken?!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#21 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts
Sony fannies reaction.
Sony fannies reaction.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I'm genuinely glad for them. I think they put together a thought-out budget gaming hardware lineup and probably spent a pretty penny on it. Much better show than the X1 launch IMO

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50545 Posts

Why would they be? Both are selling out quickly. At this point, the company churning out more units will be in the lead.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

Yeah, this is gonna be heavily impacted by stock and shit. I think MS are doing way better this gen, but the PS5 is a solid system. Honestly, I hope this gen is a tight race, solely for the consumers.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts

@lundy86_4: Yeah for sure. Healthy competition means we all win.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pedro

@Archangel3371 said:

Yeap, that is very true with the added benefit of a thread with 600 posts because of a meltdown.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Well PS1-3 had free online for all users and when microsoft entered the ring and started charging for us to use our internet to play games online things got worse for console gamers as sony found out they could do that too. Things actually drove outa control once competition got involved and was actually quieter when it was just pc and ps2.

PC online gaming remained free and consoles now don't even try to compete with them they just milk users and see how much they can get away with now with each other its getting worse with competition.

SNES tons of great games tons of value ps2 free online ps3 free online xbox enters the ring everything upcharged doubling prices on gold in a single day I never seen like this competition mean anything to these companies.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

Well the PS4 sold 1.4 million at the same time PS5 sold 4.5 milion and we sure as hell know no one was buying an Xbox One 😁

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29 ThatDBFan
Member since 2019 • 939 Posts

This is good. this drives competition. Xbox is making a comeback. Stack that on top of the fact that VGchartz apparently had Xbox leading in sales in the US, which is a big L to Sony.

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ThatDBFan
@shellcase86 said:

Duh. That's not news. Xbox will keep pace for a few months, similar to when PS4 and Xbox One launched. Everyone wants a new shiny toy.

Not really. In the early months of last gen, PS4 was a solid 5 million units ahead of the Xbox One.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pedro

@thatdbfan said:

This is good. this drives competition. Xbox is making a comeback. Stack that on top of the fact that VGchartz apparently had Xbox leading in sales in the US, which is a big L to Sony.

Last I checked this forum doesn't sub to VGChartz numbers and MS doesn't reveal their numbers, so I am not sure how you are drawing these conclusions.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SolidGame_basic

@thatdbfan said:

VGchartz is barred as a source from SW. At least it used to be,

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

Well the PS4 sold 1.4 million at the same time PS5 sold 4.5 milion and we sure as hell know no one was buying an Xbox One 😁

This is odd, what does any of that got to do with the Series X|S?🤔

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ThatDBFan

@SolidGame_basic said:
@thatdbfan said:

VGchartz is barred as a source from SW. At least it used to be,

Oh, my bad. I don't check this forum everday so I must've overlooked that or forgot about it.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SolidGame_basic

@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

This is odd, what does any of that got to do with the Series X|S?🤔

What's odd about it?

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ThatDBFan
@ProtossRushX said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Well PS1-3 had free online for all users and when microsoft entered the ring and started charging for us to use our internet to play games online things got worse for console gamers as sony found out they could do that too.

Ps1 had no online whatsoever. PS2 online required you to purchase an ethernet adapter to attach to the back of the system. PS3 was the only PlayStation with truly free online and it was PURE ASS.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

@thatdbfan said:
@ProtossRushX said:

Well PS1-3 had free online for all users and when microsoft entered the ring and started charging for us to use our internet to play games online things got worse for console gamers as sony found out they could do that too.

Ps1 had no online whatsoever. PS2 online required to to purchase an ethernet adapter to attach to the back of the system. PS3 was the only PlayStation with truly free online and it was PURE ASS.

Dude's not all that bright. You can refer to this post:

@ProtossRushX said:

Last gen game RE2 Remake made by AAAA studio Capcom

Supposedly Next Gen Xbox Series Exclusive that can't run on last gen hardware for reasons The Medium and runs at 620p on Series S and made by a indie studio i never heard of and yeah.

PS2 game FFX

You don't see anything wrong here archangel?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@thatdbfan said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Ps1 had no online whatsoever. PS2 online required to to purchase an ethernet adapter to attach to the back of the system. PS3 was the only PlayStation with truly free online and it was PURE ASS.

Ethernet cables are what? Like 5 bux and I had 10 sitting my closet from all the free ones I've gotten my ISP's AOL / Comcast back then.

I don't think my original xbox or my 360 or gaming PC or my Mac came with a free ethernet cable either EVERYTHING needed one back then like wtf are you trying to say. PC online is still free even though I have buy a ethernet cable to hook it up the online portion is free.

Why even bring that up your paying $50 a year for online plus the cable doesn't matter everyone needs cable you see the difference the PC needs an ethernet cable too think about it.

PS2 had socom it had ffxi two huge big multiplayer games right your saying ps3 online was shit when the ps2 is playing AAA games online? Dude. and PC has the best online has the best online ever its completely free.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#39 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

Just you wait! It will sell more than PS5 in NA!

It might be safe to assume that Xbox even got more profit because of how much they charge for the Series Subpar for how weak and having less features. Now that's SMART tactics! I bet Sony is having a much larger loss with PS5 DE.

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ThatDBFan

@ProtossRushX said:
@thatdbfan said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Ethernet cables are what? Like 5 bux and I have 10 sitting my closet from all the free ones I've gotten my ISP's AOL / Comcast back then, and I don't think my original xbox or my 360 came with a free one either so why even bring that up your paying 50 a year for online plus the cable doesn't matter everyone needs cable you see the difference the PC needs an ethernet cable too is my online free tho no its free. jesus.

I'm not talking about an ethernet cord you dunce. I'm talking about the adapter you had to buy for the system. The system required the adapter to play online, therefor, you had to pay to play online on PS2. And on top of that, it was nowhere near as good as Xbox Live. There is a reason why Xbox Live is the one that lead the charge for online console gaming, and not PSN. Sony's servers, prior to the PS4, sucked ball hair.

Seriously dude, I hope you're just a troll. Because if not, this level of ignorance is just sad. You straight up said the PS1 had free online.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

What's odd about it?

My bad, I forgot that when you are directly confronted your default defense is to act stupid. 😂

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ThatDBFan

@lundy86_4: I shouldn't be surprised that this dude tried to make a next gen Xbox exclusive look bad by comparing it to a game from 20 freaking years ago.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@thatdbfan said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@thatdbfan said:
@ProtossRushX said:

Ethernet cables are what? Like 5 bux and I have 10 sitting my closet from all the free ones I've gotten my ISP's AOL / Comcast back then, and I don't think my original xbox or my 360 came with a free one either so why even bring that up your paying 50 a year for online plus the cable doesn't matter everyone needs cable you see the difference the PC needs an ethernet cable too is my online free tho no its free. jesus.

I'm not talking about an ethernet cord you dunce. I'm talking about the adapter you had to buy for the system. The system required the adapter to play online, therefor, you had to pay to play online on PS2. And on top of that, it was nowhere near as good as Xbox Live. There is a reason Xbox Live is the one that lead the charge for online console gaming. Son'y servers prior to the PS4 sucked ball hair.

Seriously dude, I hope you're just a troll because if not, this level of ignorance is just sad. You straight up said the PS1 had free online.

The PS2 slim had that port built into the system (you didn't bring that up) and the network adapter was only 40 dollars while xbl was 50 dollarsfor the year on Xbox.

So after 2 years your paying 100 dollars for xbl while I only paid 40 dollar for the adapter, and it just gets worse after 3 years your at $150 im still at $40 still you see the difference now?

I've been online gaming since warcraft 2 bro PC is way ahead of xbox live it always has been always be and its completely free. Better chat, we've had ventrilo discord we are destroying xbox live its not even close bro your trash your pay for online is trash you are not competitive.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

We're doing this again?

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

As long as they are sold out it really does not matter who sold more. Sold out is just that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@mojito1988 said:

As long as they are sold out it really does not matter who sold more. Sold out is just that.

Yeah but people have reported that xb1 might have sold more than x-series x in this time frame.

Phil maybe purposely made fewer units so they were sold out and didn't have overload remember all the xb1's in stores and the meme's of it not selling very well in 2013? There werehouses filled with xb1's you don't remember that?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@thatdbfan: It was a one time purchase, not a monthly fee, so yes the ps2 had free online.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#49 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts
@vfighter said:

@thatdbfan: It was a one time purchase, not a monthly fee, so yes the ps2 had free online.

If you could even consider what the PS2 had as "online." Xbox dominated online gaming for two generations. Sony only managed to get somewhat okay online last gen. Still waiting on Nintendo though.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15904 Posts

@eoten said:
@vfighter said:

If you could even consider what the PS2 had as "online." Xbox dominated online gaming for two generations. Sony only managed to get somewhat okay online last gen. Still waiting on Nintendo though.

Funny that PS2 online outlived Xbox with FFXI PS2 getting an expansion in 2015.