Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

@regnaston: neither system has to wow you. The facts are that only one is launching with new software. Can you guess which one?

I’ll give you a hint it’s the opposite of the corporation you shill for daily

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#52 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@Pedro: Console reviews are kinda dumb unless it's after the life of the console and its library of games.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#53 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@phlop_spencer said:

@regnaston: neither system has to wow you. The facts are that only one is launching with new software. Can you guess which one?

I’ll give you a hint it’s the opposite of the corporation you shill for daily

I don't "shill" for anyone in fact I posted a thread that stated the XSS HD space was 360ish GB and said that was too small.. I have NEVER seen you criticize anything Sony so who really is the shill?

As for "new software" both have "new" stuff Gears Tactics and Grounded as first party Falconeer is an example of 3rd party console exclusive for the XBOX. That is not counting stuff from X1 that has been optimized for the XSX (which I would say fall into the same category as a remastered Demons Souls for PS5)

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 regnaston

@warmblur said:

Console reviews are kinda dumb unless it's after the life of the console and its library of games.

I sort of agree with you. I like the technical analysis of it and seeing what can be done on the system with what is currently available (quick resume, faster load times, dual sense features). On the software side of things I think that we will not see full implementation of the next gen features unless a game is made exclusively for the next gen consoles and they drop last gen support and when the devs get more used to making games on the new systems. While Ratchet and Clank is next gen only it probably suffers from the fact that Devs are not used to the system yet and future titles will look even better.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

@regnaston said:
@louixiii said:
@sealionact said:

@phlop_spencer: So a PS3 remake, an enhanced PS4 game that offers no upgrade for under 70 bucks even if you have the original and a multiplat middling game?

Enjoy.

You must not have seen the games that are schedule for release in year one.

R&C

Gran Turismo

GOW: Ragnarok

Horizon: FW

Final Fantasy

Kena

And that's on top the Destruction All Stars, not to mention Sack Boy and the other launch titles.

So the first year counts as "launch"? To me launch is the by Christmas 2020 and neither system wows me with what is coming as to new content. Both will get more stuff but I think it will be well into 2021 before we see it.

R&C is a launch window title but even without that, Demon's Souls, Spiderman:MM w/Ultimate Spidey, Sack Boy, and GodFall plus it comes with Astro...

Couple that with third party games and that makes a great launch. The only BIG title that we'll see from the MS camp well into 2021 is Halo...that's it.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 regnaston

@louixiii said:
@regnaston said:
@louixiii said:
@sealionact said:

@phlop_spencer: So a PS3 remake, an enhanced PS4 game that offers no upgrade for under 70 bucks even if you have the original and a multiplat middling game?

Enjoy.

R&C

Gran Turismo

Final Fantasy

Kena

And that's on top the Destruction All Stars, not to mention Sack Boy and the other launch titles.

So the first year counts as "launch"? To me launch is the by Christmas 2020 and neither system wows me with what is coming as to new content. Both will get more stuff but I think it will be well into 2021 before we see it.

R&C is a launch window title but even without that, Demon's Souls, Spiderman:MM w/Ultimate Spidey, Sack Boy, and GodFall plus it comes with Astro...

Couple that with third party games and that makes a great launch. The only BIG title that we'll see from the MS camp well into 2021 is Halo...that's it.

fair enough with that list but if we are only counting "big" titles should Sackboy, Astro, and even Spiderman MM be on there since the first two are not big names and the latter is not a full game from the reports that are out there. Also with Godfall being a Remaster does that count in that category, because if it does then there are quite a few "optimized for Series X" games that should count too

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Reviewing a console before the gen has started is pretty stupid. Its a case of you wait until the gen is over.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:
@phlop_spencer said:
@tdkmillsy said:

The only reason to buy next gen consoles is if you are switching from Sony to Xbox or Xbox to Sony to play the best versions of current gen games. Which is exactly what I'm doing.

Both console launch games are terrible.

Lol no. One console has nothing for games (Xbox) and the other one at least has 2-3 worth looking forward to. Don’t get it twisted.

Name them

Take this for what you will but Demon's Soul is a strong launch contender and as well for Miles Morales. Gears Tactics on the other hand is a nice launch game but that's just one good launch game.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 LouiXIII

@regnaston said:
@louixiii said:
@regnaston said:
@louixiii said:
@sealionact said:

Enjoy.

R&C

Gran Turismo

Final Fantasy

Kena

fair enough with that list but if we are only counting "big" titles should Sackboy, Astro, and even Spiderman MM be on there since the first two are not big names and the latter is not a full game from the reports that are out there. Also with Godfall being a Remaster does that count in that category, because if it does then there are quite a few "optimized for Series X" games that should count too

Misinformation broski. Miles is a full game but it's not as big as the og game. Sources say it's still a good 12hrs long so anything past 8hrs is a full game by my standards. And I listed the others because they are exclusives. Personally, anything coming out of a AAA studio is a big game so Miles (by my standards) is big. Insomniac rarely disappoints.

And Godfall is a remaster? Where did you hear that from? That's a new IP... Whoever you're getting information from is selling you bs bro.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 regnaston

@louixiii: sorry I meant Demons Souls not Godfall .. as for MM I have seen the 6 hours mark thrown around.. I guess we wont know until the game is actually released

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@phlop_spencer: Nah bud, you gave a question as an answer.....you deflected to xsx, when the subject was ps5. But you know that....

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 LouiXIII

@regnaston said:

@louixiii: sorry I meant Demons Souls not Godfall .. as for MM I have seen the 6 hours mark thrown around.. I guess we wont know until the game is actually released

Np. It's definitely 12+ not unless you're doing a speed run.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#63 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

Imagine if PS5 receive higher score by IGN. LOL

Polygon is even better IMO, more brutal :

The Xbox Series X isn’t the home of Microsoft’s gaming universe; it’s just one of many nodes, connecting outward to your phone, your tablet, your computer, or just a different (and cheaper) Xbox. It’s not the place to play video games. It’s a place to play video games — not only from the future, but also from the present and the past.

If I judged Microsoft’s new video game console, the Xbox Series X, purely as a piece of hardware, I’d only need one word: boring"

"The Xbox Series X isn’t the home of Microsoft’s gaming universe; it’s just one of many nodes, connecting outward to your phone, your tablet, your computer, or just a different (and cheaper) Xbox. It’s not THE place to play video games. It’s a place to play video games — not only from the future, but also from the present and the past. "

"A big, blunt brick that radiates power."

https://www.polygon.com/reviews/21547603/xbox-series-x-review-microsoft-next-gen

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#64 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

@mowgly1 said:

Imagine if PS5 receive higher score by IGN. LOL

Show me anyone who is expecting anything to the contrary.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

The XSX has no games and the XSS is a piece of shit with no games. Everyone already knew this.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#66 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

I'll leave this here.

Loading Video...

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Phlop_Spencer

@sealionact: ya bud... we can all see how upset you are with the lacklustre Xbox showing. Oh well, maybe next year they’ll be something to play. In the meantime, LOL

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@phlop_spencer said:

@sealionact: ya bud... we can all see how upset you are with the lacklustre Xbox showing. Oh well, maybe next year they’ll be something to play. In the meantime, LOL

Games will come and go, but the better performance will always be there.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Phlop_Spencer

@tdkmillsy: once again you’re responding for someone else.

How insecure are you really? Performance means f*ck all without quality games. Honestly man stop embarrassing yourself

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts

@bluestars said:

its as if he doesn’t know xbox have the most and best first party studios

maybe you just chill mcCafery trim those eyebrows and review it when its Banger after Banger eh

hah

both consoles launches are poor

But the ps5 do in fact have more games available at it's launch than the XSX does.

This is a fact.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts
@Sevenizz said:

I wouldn’t exactly call the ps5 bustling with top notch launch software either. What, it’s got a remake and dlc? Not exactly thrilling.

When both consoles hit their stride, it’ll be a different story - I can promise you that.

Maybe not "busting with top notch software", it does offer more than what the XSX is offering.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#72  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 sealionact

@mowgly1: Aw, bless. Selectively picking parts of texts to make it look bad is kind of cute, except it's actually quite easy to click on the link. So when you highlighted "I only need one word; boring", you cunningly left out the context in which it was used....

"So, the Xbox Series X is boring, but after a month with the console, I can say, confidently, that boring is underrated. In fact, boring is better."

Nice try though 😅.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@ermacness: Depends on your taste really. If I bought a ps5, there’d literally be nothing for me to buy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

Basically great Hardware with a lot of potential but nothing worth buying one for the time being. Hopefully 6 months time will be a different story.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@phlop_spencer said:

@tdkmillsy: once again you’re responding for someone else.

How insecure are you really? Performance means f*ck all without quality games. Honestly man stop embarrassing yourself

I'm not the one moaning about being replied to in a public forum.

2000+ games released on both consoles this gen of varying quality. No reason why it wont be the same or more next gen.

Like I say games come and go but the performance difference will always be there.

Meltdowns with you are very easy, just like someone else on this forum.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7231 Posts

It's still crazy to me that MS don't have a single first party game at launch and MS spin it around and say it's their best launch ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

@robert_sparkes said:

It's still crazy to me that MS don't have a single first party game at launch and MS spin it around and say it's their best launch ever.

Well they nearly did, but then they made a disaster of a managerial decision with the development of Halo.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Yup, all it needs is some quality software.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7231 Posts

It seems most of the software is 1-2 years out but because of gamepass it softens the blow slightly. There's still a lot to play for me as I held off a lot of current gen games to play on next gen.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 mowgly1

@sealionact said:

@mowgly1: Aw, bless. Selectively picking parts of texts to make it look bad is kind of cute, except it's actually quite easy to click on the link. So when you highlighted "I only need one word; boring", you cunningly left out the context in which it was used....

"So, the Xbox Series X is boring, but after a month with the console, I can say, confidently, that boring is underrated. In fact, boring is better."

Nice try though 😅.

Well, Polygon's article surely wasn't so nice about XSX. It's not about selectively picking parts.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 sealionact

@mowgly1: Really? I couldn't find anything "not so nice"....but then I don't have a predesposed negativity towards a console.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 mowgly1

Lack of next-gen new 1st party exclusives, buying next-gen console to play old games..... Yeah, that's not nice and it is boring. Well, that's super for Xbox community i guess.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3347 Posts

xbox can play the power game but they still need to provide good games to justify purchase.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Are gamers supposed to know who this person is? I never visit IGN so how would I know?

Sony doesn’t exactly have an ‘exciting’ line up or future either.