Xbox Series X and Playstation 5 are both more powerful than Nintendo Switch?

• 102 results
Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 4621 Posts

Pretty sure my phone is more powerful than a Switch.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 4742 Posts
@i_p_daily said:
@jeezers said:

Switch still going to kill it, all indies will still thrive on it, Nintendo 1st party, there will still be many games ported to switch.

Its the only portable system now and only $200.

Switch will be fine

If the Switch struggles to handle games that are on the XB1/PS4 now, what makes you think the Switch will handle any games from next gen that aren't Indies???

Nintendo 1st party still exists, Nintendo has sponsored 3rd party as well, Platinum gave nintendo bayonetta 2, astral chain, and wonderful 101

The indie games/arcade games will still run fine on switch

Sure it will miss out on the Cyber Punks of the gaming industry but does it need them to thrive?

The switch is on its way to have sold over 60 million units, that is a big share of the industry, I promise you developers are not going to completely disregard the platform.

The ones looking for the highest graphics possible will have to disregard the platform by default, but others will be looking at the platform licking their lips lol

Because its the only true portable game device (not streaming). Look at the amount of ports it gets, people hate on the switch getting so many ports but its amazing, why wouldn't i want to play games like resident evil 4, RE5, bioshock, Skyrim, dead souls, doom 64, Turok, assassins creed black flag, bayonetta, on a handheld gaming device... I would never re buy these games on my ps4 or PC, but on a handheld... yeah ill make that double dip easily if i really like the game.

The switch is in a good spot, it doesnt have to be the most powerful, id say being the only portable main console puts it in a safe place. Id love to see alot of older games come to the switch, once it starts getting gamecube games as well... game changer.

Man i would shit a brick if the switch started getting games from that gen, games like NBA?NFL street, SSX, THPS, portable on the switch. Id double dip on practically everything, just for the portability, not to mention all those games would run superior on the switch. I know there are licensing issues with alot of old games, im just day dreaming right now, excuse the rant. All im saying is the Switch is in a really good lane, it will be interesting to see how they adjust.

Also i expect a Switch pro within the next 2 years.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 4742 Posts
@Pedro said:

@jeezers: Xcloud.

Game streaming is cool and I applaud MS for doing it, but its just not the same as playing purely on the hardware with either physical cartridges or downloads.

Cool feature, but i dont see Xcloud taking away a big piece of the handheld market from nintendo anytime soon. Not to mention that's more about selling a service, not hardware.

They are competing with Nvidia and Stadia, not Nintendo.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 5

#54 MclarenMaster18  Online
Member since 2014 • 2794 Posts

@jeezers: You're welcome, it's like I'm having fun driving exotic and muscle cars all day.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 16115 Posts

@mandzilla said:
@i_p_daily said:
@mandzilla said:
@wiiboxstation said:

@i_p_daily: The Switch doesn't rely on 3rd party games anyway. Their 1st party games sell the console.

That's a good point.

Then why do sheep get shitty whenever a dev like say EA comes out and says its not making games for the Switch?

I can't imagine buying any gaming device just for first party games, it would get real old real quick.

I mean I bought an Xbox to play Forza, but I knew I would get a lot of great third party games also, same can't be said for the Switch.

Hey not all of us haha, personally I have no interest whatsoever in EA games so not a big deal that they no longer support the Switch. Maybe some others were slightly miffed with EA because their efforts with the Switch were so lazy in comparison to other developers such as Bethesda, CD Projekt or even Ubisoft.

Anyway, there's more to the platform than simply the first-party stuff, I really like playing indies on it as it just feels more natural to play on a handheld than a tv screen. Was the same with the Vita.

And yep, that's true the Xbox is a great console itself and obviously gets way more third-party stuff than the Switch. Doesn't mean it's not a fun system though, they're like the inverse of each other - Xbox has tons of great multiplat games with some nice first-party offerings, while Switch has a bunch of superb exclusives and some neat third-party titles.

Yeah i'm not trying to dis the Switch its just when a thread gets made and a AAA dev says they're not making games for it, some sheep get upset over it.

I do find the bold comment a LOT, and to be honest I don't get it, hear me out. So the screen on the Switch is small, and yes I have a friend who brings his Switch to work and I've played games on it like Bayo 2 (a bit jelly about that one, but i'll live lol) and while the screen is small, it easy to make out most of the time except when the screen gets heavy with the AI, special moves etc.

Now playing indies which most of us would say games that are not very graphics heavy and well are like 8/16-bit games that are heavily pixelated are hard to see on the Switch, and playing the Megadrive on my tv with games that most would call indie games these days never felt bad or felt they would be better on a portable device, so I just don't get the portable/indie game thing, to me its a fallacy.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 I_P_Daily

@jeezers said:
@i_p_daily said:
@jeezers said:

Switch still going to kill it, all indies will still thrive on it, Nintendo 1st party, there will still be many games ported to switch.

Its the only portable system now and only $200.

Switch will be fine

If the Switch struggles to handle games that are on the XB1/PS4 now, what makes you think the Switch will handle any games from next gen that aren't Indies???

Nintendo 1st party still exists, Nintendo has sponsored 3rd party as well, Platinum gave nintendo bayonetta 2, astral chain, and wonderful 101

The indie games/arcade games will still run fine on switch

Sure it will miss out on the Cyber Punks of the gaming industry but does it need them to thrive?

The switch is on its way to have sold over 60 million units, that is a big share of the industry, I promise you developers are not going to completely disregard the platform.

The ones looking for the highest graphics possible will have to disregard the platform by default, but others will be looking at the platform licking their lips lol

Because its the only true portable game device (not streaming). Look at the amount of ports it gets, people hate on the switch getting so many ports but its amazing, why wouldn't i want to play games like resident evil 4, RE5, bioshock, Skyrim, dead souls, doom 64, Turok, assassins creed black flag, bayonetta, on a handheld gaming device... I would never re buy these games on my ps4 or PC, but on a handheld... yeah ill make that double dip easily if i really like the game.

The switch is in a good spot, it doesnt have to be the most powerful, id say being the only portable main console puts it in a safe place. Id love to see alot of older games come to the switch, once it starts getting gamecube games as well... game changer.

Man i would shit a brick if the switch started getting games from that gen, games like NBA?NFL street, SSX, THPS, portable on the switch. Id double dip on practically everything, just for the portability, not to mention all those games would run superior on the switch. I know there are licensing issues with alot of old games, im just day dreaming right now, excuse the rant. All im saying is the Switch is in a really good lane, it will be interesting to see how they adjust.

Also i expect a Switch pro within the next 2 years.

WOW that's a lot to mull over lol.

I see people mention indies all the time, and well if you can't have the majority of third party games you can say indies, only problem is that the others have indies also, so there goes that "advantage" out the window. As for Platinum games, well Bayo yeah, even Astral Chain, but using a WiiU game doesn't help your point.

As for aa Switch 2, well its still not going to be anywhere near what these next gen consoles will do, so third party will be out of the question unless Nintendo makes a dedicated home console and that is never going to happen with Nintendo again.

As for Nintendo's first party, well other than Zelda, and even then i'm not the biggest fan of the series I really don't care for it, a yellow fluff ball and a Italian plumber do nothing for me lol.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 I_P_Daily

@goldenelementxl said:
@i_p_daily said:
however golden is a hypocrite and a muppet who's obsessed with lems
@mclarenmaster18 said:

Yeah, I don't like them both, also I dislike sheeps in GS forums.

@i_p_daily said:

I don't have a problem with sheep, except for golden

@i_p_daily said:
a muppet who's obsessed with lems because they piss in his cereal every morning LOL.

Isn't that right @GoldenElementXL :)

But I don't even eat cereal...

Well you must be eating something for breakfast that lems are pissing on/in, I mean you admitted to sitting in your own filth while playing your Switch lol.

Imagine playing your Switch while taking a shit, finishing then washing your hands (man I hope you wash your hands) then picking up your Switch thus contaminating your hands again YUCK.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 11270 Posts

I wish people would stop comparing handhelds to consoles.

Also, the Switch is underpowered compared to this gens consoles.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#59  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 5757 Posts

@Pedro said:

Its the end of multi-platform games for the Switch. That is all. Unless it supports game streaming.

Supposedly there's a company that's going to attempt ports to Switch anyway. It's gonna be a rough road.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 3239 Posts

@kuu2 said:

I wish people would stop comparing handhelds to consoles.

Also, the Switch is underpowered compared to this gens consoles.

It is like comparing desktop PCs to laptop PCs.

And just because the Switch is under-powered is not a bad thing to say. At least the device is workable and not defective as some video game systems of the past.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 4213 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Well you must be eating something for breakfast that lems are pissing on/in, I mean you admitted to sitting in your own filth while playing your Switch lol.

Imagine playing your Switch while taking a shit, finishing then washing your hands (man I hope you wash your hands) then picking up your Switch thus contaminating your hands again YUCK.

All 4 of my bathrooms have comfort height toilets, so I'm further from my filth than most. Then I have a more than hygienic ritual that involves wipes, toilet paper, and thorough hand washing. My Switch is beyond clean don't you worry. And sure, I have 9 TV's in my house, (50",50",55",55",55",65",65",70",85"), as well as multiple PC monitors, but who wants to be tethered to a stationary screen all the time? There are dark-spots without a view of a television, and the Switch works wonders there.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 I_P_Daily

@goldenelementxl said:
@i_p_daily said:
@goldenelementxl said:

All 4 of my bathrooms have comfort height toilets, so I'm further from my filth than most. Then I have a more than hygienic ritual that involves wipes, toilet paper, and thorough hand washing. My Switch is beyond clean don't you worry. And sure, I have 9 TV's in my house, (50",50",55",55",55",65",65",70",85"), as well as multiple PC monitors, but who wants to be tethered to a stationary screen all the time? There are dark-spots without a view of a television, and the Switch works wonders there.

Nothing you say can justify the fact you sit in your own filth while playing video games.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#63 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 62904 Posts

The Switch has exclusive games worth a ****. Right now that still remains to be seen with the other two jabroni consoles.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 I_P_Daily

@jg4xchamp said:

The Switch has exclusive games worth a ****. Right now that still remains to be seen with the other two jabroni consoles.

In you're opinion, some of us don't wan to play the Mario/Pokémon/Zelda for the 100th time.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@mclarenmaster18:

FYI, XSX GPU has 12.147 TFLOPS at 1825 Mhz

2 x 3328 stream processors x 1.825 Ghz = 12,147 GFLOPS or 12.147 TFLOPS.

Read https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/ctfbem/amd_rdna_whitepaper/

Figure 3 (bottom of page 5) shows 4 lines of shader instructions being executed in GCN, vs RDNA in Wave32 or “backwards compatible” Wave64.

Vega takes 12 cycles to complete the instruction on a GCN SIMD. Navi in Wave32 (optimized code) completes it in 7 cycles.

In backwards compatible (optimized for GCN Wave64) mode, Navi completes it in 8 cycles.

So even on code optimized for GCN, Navi is faster., but more performance can be extracted by optimizing for Navi.

Lower latency, and no wasted clock cycles.

RDNA v1 TFLOPS has about 33 to 40 percent improved efficiency.

XSX GPU's Vega GCN TFLOPS is about 16.15‬ TFLOPS effective.

PS5 GPU's Vega GCN TFLOPS is about 13.60 TFLOPS effective.

GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 GoldenElementXL

@i_p_daily said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Nothing you say can justify the fact you sit in your own filth while playing video games.

I don't see the problem...

phbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#67 phbz
Member since 2009 • 5606 Posts

Spoiler warning! Switch will still have the highest rated games and its exclusives will keep outselling the competition.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 35893 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:
@i_p_daily said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Butters, is that you. lol :P

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#69 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 9105 Posts

Hmm.... I guess I forgot Switch is technically part of the PS5 and XSeX gen. Still not sure there's a need for comparison. Nintendo is generally a full generation behind since Wii.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MclarenMaster18  Online

@ronvalencia:

Oh, I see and I edited my thread again.

Well, for me it takes time to read and learn the hardware, parts, and components for consoles/pc since myself that I'm still an amateur.

Don't worry I will try and do more research too.

I still want to know Nintendo Switch's CPU (ARM Cortex-A57)'s number of flops and the previous link you gave me which was the GPU (NVIDIA NX-SoC) which is correct.

I tried to google something like 'ARM Cortex-A57 flops' then I couldn't find any answers.

To Switch's CPU official page https://www.arm.com/products/silicon-ip-cpu/cortex-a/cortex-a57

Also to an old article confirmation of Switch's CPU http://nintendotoday.com/nintendo-switch-hardware-specs/

Edit: Sorry for link messed up so I have to re-edit my post.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 MclarenMaster18  Online
@phbz said:

Spoiler warning! Switch will still have the highest rated games and its exclusives will keep outselling the competition.

Because Switch has a 3-year head start ahead of PS5 and Xbox Series X.

phbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 phbz

@mclarenmaster18: It was released after X1/PS4 and their exclusives it still outsells them.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 MclarenMaster18  Online

@phbz said:

@mclarenmaster18: It was released after X1/PS4 and their exclusives it still outsells them.

Yeah because it appears that most Switch owners prefer 1st parties while XB1/PS4 owners prefer 3rd party multiplats.

phbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 phbz

@mclarenmaster18: Yes things happen because of reasons. 😄

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 3161 Posts

We don't typically include Nintendo in specs topics because everyone already knows Nintendo makes weaker hardware.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 osan0
Member since 2004 • 15738 Posts

No way man. the switch is clearly the strongest for a few reasons

1) it has an nvidia GPU. i mean it's an nvidia GPU....duh.

2) cuda...didn't think of that now did we (does the switch support cuda? i have no idea but i will leave it in).

3) ARM Cortex CPUs....i mean they are called cortex CPUs...CORTEX!!! apple use cortex CPUs so they must be truly exceptional.

4) it's made by Nintendo so it has tons of TEH hidden power. they are just waiting to unleash it but just wait and see. they will release a firmware update at some stage and will get that cpu to 17GHz and the GPU to 7GHz and unlock the other 2000 cuda cores that i am certain are there. they already have it up to 1.7GHz (albeit just during loading screens) so nearly there.

5) Carts. you think the SSDs in the PS5 and XsX are fast? the switch carts laugh at those puny SSDs.

j/k in case there is any doubt. you never know here :P.

Multiplats will be interesting though. assuming sales are good of course, it may still get the multiplats during the cross gen phase (which is predicted to be at least 2 years from what i hear). basically as long as a multiplat is being made for the PS4/X1 it can potentially get a switch port too (if they can get the witcher 3 running on the switch then they can get anything from the current gen running on the switch).

after that....yeah. porting a PS5/XSX game to the switch. that would certainly be a challenge. it would be like trying to port a high end game from a PS4 to a 3DS. generally its easier to build high and cut but...there are limits. i would love to see it attempted more out of morbid curiosity. Take something that uses the full capabilities of the PS5.....and get it running on the switch. i dont think it will happen though. not with the AAA multiplats anyway (indies, possibly some AA budget games could maybe still work).

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

@mclarenmaster18: I don't own a Switch nor do I care about it's driving games obviously looking worse than everything else.

com2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 com2006
Member since 2006 • 691 Posts

It is portable, and got some fantastic games. Graphics aren’t everything.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@osan0: AMD's RDNA supports wave32 format which is similar to NVIDIA's CUDA warp32 (aka wave32 in Shader Model 6)

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By MclarenMaster18  Online

My future idea of comparing Xbox Series X/PS5 to Switch for graphics.

First game will be comparing is Kylotonn's WRC 9.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 1005 Posts

I want to see CP2077 on the Switch. The pics and gameplay vids in 17fps will be magical.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 I_P_Daily

@goldenelementxl said:
@i_p_daily said:
@goldenelementxl said:

I do, you're shitting all over the floor, geez I knew you weren't very hygienic, but damn you to take it to a new un-hygienic level, ew.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 MclarenMaster18  Online

@hardwenzen said:

I want to see CP2077 on the Switch. The pics and gameplay vids in 17fps will be magical.

Then it's going to be as bad as Borderlands 2 Vita version which it had terrible frame rate (Making it unplayable and hard to aim).

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 hardwenzen

@mclarenmaster18 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Then it's going to be as bad as Borderlands 2 Vita version which it had terrible frame rate (Making it unplayable and hard to aim).

Don't worry, its portable. Portability excuses unplayable fps and unbearable visuals. This is what you're told 100% of the times when you criticize the system's performance.

briguyb13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 briguyb13
Member since 2007 • 3848 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Don't worry, its portable. Portability excuses unplayable fps and unbearable visuals. This is what you're told 100% of the times when you criticize the system's performance.

Imagine crying like this because other people prioritize different things that you do.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By hardwenzen

@briguyb13 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Imagine crying like this because other people prioritize different things that you do.

Imagine lowering your standards below the lowest imaginable just so you don't say anything negative about your little system you're fanboying.

If Nintendo was smart, they would've made a system that may not run very well when in portable mode, but had solid performance when docked. Instead, it runs like trash both ways, because what you're docking to, is just a piece of plastic that barely does anything at all. Nice design btw.

briguyb13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 briguyb13

@hardwenzen said:
@briguyb13 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Imagine lowering your standards below the lowest imaginable just so you don't say anything negative about your little system you're fanboying.

If Nintendo was smart, they would've made a system that may not run very well when in portable mode, but had solid performance when docked. Instead, it runs like trash both ways, because what you're docking to, is just a piece of plastic that barely does anything at all. Nice design btw.

Wait, who's "fanboying" here? You are. You have two perfectly capable systems for console graphics that is stationary as you want it to be, yet you cry for a third iteration of old fashioned gaming?

And stfu about "muh standerdz" if you play any console.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@Jag85 said:

Why is the OP title even a question?

Trying to validate some kind of win for MS over Nintendo, and similarly over Sony.

It's pretty desperate but it's all people who favor xbox have.

Here are some "specs" he didn't factor in....

Nintendo Switch has higher selling AAA exclusives than PS4. Both Nintendo Switch and Sony have GOTY winning exclusives this gen. Both Nintendo Switch and PS4 have MULTIPLE 10 million plus selling exclusives.

With that in mind, both Nintendo Switch and PS4 have exclusives take dumps on any xbox one, S, X titles in sales; similarly both PS4 and Nintendo Switch have shit on any version of xbox one in console sales because, for the majority of gamers voting with their wallents, higher res 3rd party multiplats you can play on any system are far less important than having high quality first party AAA exclusives games.

The same will probably remain true next gen as well.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5450 Posts

My TI 82 is more powerful than a switch. And by the way, if you're playing on a TV, it matters, because the lack of power WILL cost you games. I know the PC will have the best version of games, but if you buy PS4 or Xbox, you still get those games. Switch is going to run dry very soon.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By BoxRekt

@DocSanchez said:

My TI 82 is more powerful than a switch. And by the way, if you're playing on a TV, it matters, because the lack of power WILL cost you games. I know the PC will have the best version of games, but if you buy PS4 or Xbox, you still get those games. Switch is going to run dry very soon.

And yet, those "better xbox versions of games" didn't stop the Switch from taking a dump on xbox in game sales and system sales.

People on this board put so much value on "duh better version" but in practice that argument doesn't hold much weight to gamers looking to play the system with the best games.

PS4 > Switch >>>>>> XB1,S,X is the final result with xbox having "the best versions" of multiplats but no quality AAA exclusives.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5450 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@DocSanchez said:

And yet, those "better xbox versions of games" didn't stop the Switch from taking a dump on xbox in game sales and system sales.

People on this board put so much value on "duh better version" but in practice that argument doesn't hold much weight to gamers looking to play the system with the best games.

PS4 > Switch >>>>>> XB1,S,X is the final result with xbox having "the best versions" of multiplats but no quality AAA exclusives.

You'll note my comment was not about better versions of the games. You've deliberately avoided the real point. In fact, my point was the opposite of yours.

1. Having the best version is merely a bonus, but having the game in the first place is most important.

2. Being severely underpowered means Switch wont get these games regardless of the version.

You avoided the real point because it's the Switch's achilles heel. Being underpowered to this degree costs you games in the long run.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 hardwenzen

@briguyb13 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@briguyb13 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Wait, who's "fanboying" here? You are. You have two perfectly capable systems for console graphics that is stationary as you want it to be, yet you cry for a third iteration of old fashioned gaming?

You, like every single other Nintendo fanboy, y'all are the same with your low standards. Always damage controlling your system with "its portable, so the 11fps and Very Low settings in sub 720p is fine". Just because the other two capable systems are a thing, doesn't mean that a Switch, WHEN DOCKED, can't be running at a performance that is from the 21st century. Its like you're really creating your own little standards with Nintendo systems. Nintendo has conditioned you very well by creating underpowered systems for so many generations in a row. Great job to them.

briguyb13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 briguyb13

@hardwenzen said:
@briguyb13 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@briguyb13 said:
@hardwenzen said:

You, like every single other Nintendo fanboy, y'all are the same with your low standards. Always damage controlling your system with "its portable, so the 11fps and Very Low settings in sub 720p is fine". Just because the other two capable systems are a thing, doesn't mean that a Switch, WHEN DOCKED, can't be running at a performance that is from the 21st century. Its like you're really creating your own little standards with Nintendo systems. Nintendo has conditioned you very well by creating underpowered systems for so many generations in a row. Great job to them.

I enjoy all the consoles, unlike a typical fanboy who can't see past his own nose. There's a place for different kinds of gaming, and not every and all things need to be old fashioned, stationary console hardware.

Time to evolve or die out.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By BoxRekt

@DocSanchez: Listen, I hate that Nintendo refuses to use respectable hardware for their consoles (it's not like they can't afford it).

Nintendo price gouges like no other and take advantage of their loyal fans, however...

Gamers vote with their wallets!

It's absolutely true that Switch misses out on games because of their crappy hardware, but do you think the people who bought Switch when BOTW launched expected to get equal 3rd party support of the current HD twins? Seriously now?

Honestly the fact the Switch as as many 3rd party ports is probably more of a shock and surprise to the people who bought the Switch than to us who understand market share get's shit done.

My point is, multiplats aren't the reason 95% of the people who own the Switch bought the system. The multiplats are a bonus...and a surprise bonus for most owners I'd bet.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 hardwenzen

@briguyb13 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@briguyb13 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@briguyb13 said:

I enjoy all the consoles, unlike a typical fanboy who can't see past his own nose. There's a place for different kinds of gaming, and not every and all things need to be old fashioned, stationary console hardware.

Nothing to do with mediocre graphical settings, low fps in every game and sub 720p in 2020. As i have previously stated, if the Switch was properly built, when docked, it would be at least on par with the XboneS performance, but that's far from being the case. "On the go" does not, and will never excuse the piss poor performance of the Switch.

If evolving is to accept 540p, Low graphical settings and all games running even worse than ps4 and xbone, then no thank you.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 4040 Posts

There's already xbox one and ps4 multiplats that are not possible on the switch so in that sense its possible at some point the 3rd party will be difficult unless they get different teams to help port to the switch.

briguyb13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 briguyb13

@hardwenzen said:
@briguyb13 said:

Nothing to do with mediocre graphical settings, low fps in every game and sub 720p in 2020. As i have previously stated, if the Switch was properly built, when docked, it would be at least on par with the XboneS performance, but that's far from being the case. "On the go" does not, and will never excuse the piss poor performance of the Switch.

If evolving is to accept 540p, Low graphical settings and all games running even worse than ps4 and xbone, then no thank you.

Problem with your perspective is it's on the outside looking in, and you can't get the full picture from that view. If all you are gonna care about are graphics and processing power then stick with PC only.

I don't care for PC gaming, but I'm not dense enough to shit on something I don't completely understand and don't have an interest in, or have not experienced to the fullest.

A lot of time you guys can't see the forest for the trees, and in your myopic concerns for tech progress you completely miss out on awesome gaming experiences, but that's not my problem.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By MclarenMaster18  Online

@boxrekt: I'm sorry that I have to disappoint you.

I'd rather have Halo over Killzone and Metroid.

While I'd rather have Forza Motorsport/Horizon and Gran Turismo over Gear.Club Unlimited (Switch 3rd party title).

GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By GoldenElementXL

The people saying the Switch is “underpowered” don’t understand hardware.

18W TDP limit

Smaller than a Blu-ray case

Vs

Xbox One uses 55W when idle

Xbox One launch console is the size of a VCR

PS4 Pro uses 58W is rest mode... Rest mode

Xbox One and PS4 operate on a 10X TDP vs Switch and never run on a battery.

🙄

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4354 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@mandzilla said:
@i_p_daily said:
@mandzilla said:
@wiiboxstation said:

@i_p_daily: The Switch doesn't rely on 3rd party games anyway. Their 1st party games sell the console.

That's a good point.

Then why do sheep get shitty whenever a dev like say EA comes out and says its not making games for the Switch?

I can't imagine buying any gaming device just for first party games, it would get real old real quick.

I mean I bought an Xbox to play Forza, but I knew I would get a lot of great third party games also, same can't be said for the Switch.

Hey not all of us haha, personally I have no interest whatsoever in EA games so not a big deal that they no longer support the Switch. Maybe some others were slightly miffed with EA because their efforts with the Switch were so lazy in comparison to other developers such as Bethesda, CD Projekt or even Ubisoft.

Anyway, there's more to the platform than simply the first-party stuff, I really like playing indies on it as it just feels more natural to play on a handheld than a tv screen. Was the same with the Vita.

And yep, that's true the Xbox is a great console itself and obviously gets way more third-party stuff than the Switch. Doesn't mean it's not a fun system though, they're like the inverse of each other - Xbox has tons of great multiplat games with some nice first-party offerings, while Switch has a bunch of superb exclusives and some neat third-party titles.

Yeah i'm not trying to dis the Switch its just when a thread gets made and a AAA dev says they're not making games for it, some sheep get upset over it.

I do find the bold comment a LOT, and to be honest I don't get it, hear me out. So the screen on the Switch is small, and yes I have a friend who brings his Switch to work and I've played games on it like Bayo 2 (a bit jelly about that one, but i'll live lol) and while the screen is small, it easy to make out most of the time except when the screen gets heavy with the AI, special moves etc.

Now playing indies which most of us would say games that are not very graphics heavy and well are like 8/16-bit games that are heavily pixelated are hard to see on the Switch, and playing the Megadrive on my tv with games that most would call indie games these days never felt bad or felt they would be better on a portable device, so I just don't get the portable/indie game thing, to me its a fallacy.

Oh okay, well that's a fair point. I've probably done that before myself (with Persona 5 lol).

As for the indie games, it's all down to personal preference like you say. For me anyway I find it well suited to playing them due to the portability, quick boot up time and suspend feature. Sure, the other consoles can run indies just as well if not better, but Switch just feels more convenient. Like watching something on tv and there's an advert break... you can have a couple of minutes on the farm in Stardew Valley. :)

Granted, the small screen isn't to everyone's taste and you'd get better detail on a big tv, but hasn't been an issue for me. My tv screen is kinda small anyway!