Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4
Member since 2003 • 666 Posts

Linky

We've heard stories in recent times suggesting the Xbox Series S has outperformed the Xbox Series X in various key markets, and now there appears to be even more good news about the smaller and more affordable model.

According to the Adobe Digital Economy Index - which recorded "over one trillion visits to U.S. retail sites", the Xbox Series S (valued at $300 USD) dominated this year's Black Friday console sales in America.

Although the Xbox Series X, PlayStation 5 and Switch OLED are still the must-have systems, chip shortages and high demand for these products are working in favour of the XSS.

Xbox Series S is also "readily available" at various retailers in the US including GameStop and Best Buy.

Ampere Analytics earlier this month estimated Microsoft had sold around 6.7 million Xbox Series X|S combined - with GamesIndustry.biz adding that it's "at least 50/50" split, in terms of the install base.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

You mean a product that's always been easy to find outsold products that are constantly out of stock? Wow 😮

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: That damage control.😂

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

Could be quite beneficial for Microsoft since they’ll make more money from digital sales. Was very tempted to pick one up myself when I saw them sitting on the shelf at my local Walmart.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#5 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Can't blame people for wanting one with Forza Horizon 5 and gamepass.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

Makes sense since it was likely the only current-gen console that had a decent amount of stocks available. I also wouldn't be surprised if Series S also dominates Cyber Monday starting tomorrow. (At the time of this post)

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

It may have beaten out others on Black Friday but, I don't believe for a second it beat out the Switch or, PS5 in the entire month. I guess we'll have to wait for NPD results.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

Xbox bout to kick Sony out of America 🇺🇸

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46267 Posts

Anyone who gets their gaming system from a traditional outlet instead of a scalper is a hero in my books.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Cows,Ps5 has sold 13 million yay.

Series s black Friday top seller,cows bu bu but stock.

13 million managed to buy one so that damage control is deader than the Ratchet and Crank hype a week after release

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

You mean a product that's always been easy to find outsold products that are constantly out of stock? Wow 😮

This whole hiding behind supply constraints is the weirdest argument I've been seeing Cows make about this on other forums. Supply constraints apply to both consoles.

Do people think Sony didn't stockpile PS5s or ration their supply/production to have supply drops ready in time for Black Friday/Cyber monday? Their biggest sales period of the entire year, in any of their territories?

We know Sony ordered DOUBLE as many silicon wafers for PS5s as Microsoft did for Xbox (80,000 vs 40,000). They were also as close as they've ever been in Japan, by only a few hundred units above Series X/S.

Sony has consistently produced consoles more rapidly than Xbox the entire time the consoles have been being produced, so all of the handicaps are in Microsoft favor. The idea that these sporadic stints of Series X/S outselling PS5 are some kind of fluke due to overlaps between restocks, or territory-based supply allocations is silly. Moreover, they're also Sony's fault, and Sony's problem.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#12  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

The source says the reason is because that was the only current-gen console still available in a lot of stores during Black Friday, whereas the other consoles were already sold out before Black Friday.

Either way, congrats to Xbox for finally ending their L streak with a rare W.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

No surprise really... they are relatively easy to get and the S is a capable next gen console for a decent price. Chuck in Game Pass, you have a very attractive package.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@davillain- said:

Makes sense since it was likely the only current-gen console that had a decent amount of stocks available. I also wouldn't be surprised if Series S also dominates Cyber Monday starting tomorrow. (At the time of this post)

Curiously, I wonder if it is better to have all allotted stock sold out (pretty much switch and 5) or have some (XSS) available in store.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

No surprise really... they are relatively easy to get and the S is a capable next gen console for a decent price. Chuck in Game Pass, you have a very attractive package.

Nice joke, dude
Nice joke, dude

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pedro

@hardwenzen: Don't let the truth upset you fakeboy.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hardwenzen

@Pedro said:

You have upset and fakeboy in the same sentence. Imagine thinking a fakeboy can be upset about something like that.😁

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@Pedro: So the truth is now damage control? I saw ZERO Series X or PS5s while shopping Saturday, but 3 different stores had plenty of Series S still ready to be sold.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

Series S everywhere.

PS5 and series x nowhere.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mesome713

Sony is holding some till December to help scalpers out.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

Too bad they can't use physical games

MS should make an add-on disc drive like the HD-DVD drive that let you put in an extra game on the 360

Unneccesary. They would sooner begin shipping games on USB sticks if it ever got to that point.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@Pedro said:

You have upset and fakeboy in the same sentence. Imagine thinking a fakeboy can be upset about something like that.😁

so which is it? fakeboy or upset?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pedro

@hardwenzen: I am glad you conceded to your fakeboy status. That was super easy.🙃

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#25 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Welp, looks increasingly likely I'm wrong about the Series S, and Microsoft's plan is working. This is very good news for the centrepiece of Microsoft's strategy, namely Game Pass.

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 1038 Posts

The Series S is a great little console, well worth the price tag. It’s perfect for those who are on Switch or PS and might want to get into Xbox as well, but don’t want to wait or spend more for a Series X. This gets them on Game Pass. Personally, I will be getting my two boys both a Series S. They primarily play on PS5 and Quest 2, but I know they’ll like Game Pass. I’ll be upgrading my wife’s One X to a Series S too. She really only plays Fortnite and now Halo Infinite with me.

It’s also great for those who aren’t that serious or desperate for a Series X, that are willing to do without the larger SSD or native 4K capabilities. And I’ll bet MS is banking on people buying a Series S and upgrading later to a Series X, or whatever their mid generation upgrade will be called.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#27 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

@Pedro said:

How the **** can be damage control if XSS is available like shit everywhere left and right?? Even the damn article say this :

We've heard stories in recent times suggesting the Xbox Series S has outperformed the Xbox Series X in various key markets, and now there appears to be even more good news about the smaller and more affordable model.

According to the Adobe Digital Economy Index - which recorded "over one trillion visits to U.S. retail sites", the Xbox Series S (valued at $300 USD) dominated this year's Black Friday console sales in America.

Although the Xbox Series X, PlayStation 5 and Switch OLED are still the must-have systems, chip shortages and high demand for these products are working in favour of the XSS.

Xbox Series S is also "readily available" at various retailers in the US including GameStop and Best Buy.

Why you don't say for the article that is damage controling, Xbox yuck fan?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8208 Posts

I just want a series x at MSRP.... Maybe in another year...

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mesome713

I can’t believe Switch is out of stock. The thing is so old and didn’t even have price cut yet 🙃

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ermacness  Online
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts

So a platform that’s readily available and is produced in a bulkier quantity sells more than the platforms that are suffering supply constraints. I wonder do the ones who making fun of the ps5 not selling as much as the xss actually think that if the ps5/xsx was readily available like the xss, would the xss sell like it is now?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pedro

@vfighter said:

@Pedro: So the truth is now damage control? I saw ZERO Series X or PS5s while shopping Saturday, but 3 different stores had plenty of Series S still ready to be sold.

@mowgly1 said:
@Pedro said:

How the **** can be damage control if XSS is available like shit everywhere left and right?? Even the damn article say this :

Why you don't say for the article that is damage controling, Xbox yuck fan?

Trigger 1 and 2. No need to be upset. When the PS5 is dominating in sales, I don't see you goons mentioning availability. But when it is any news about the Xbox Series having strong numbers you all get

don't be so transparent. 😂
don't be so transparent. 😂

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I love my series s. It’s a decent improvement over my xbox one. I do hate how little storage it has though because I can’t keep more than a few games on it’s SSD. Not surprised about how well the Series S did on black Friday. It’s the easiest current gen console to find and it appeals to people who want a cheap gateway into current gen gaming

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By hardwenzen
@gym_lion said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Pedro said:

Today i can be both, but i can't promise anything for tomorrow.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mesome713

Sony really needs to stop drip feeding scalpers. Save a bunch in the warehouse and have a big release.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pedro

@hardwenzen said:
@gym_lion said:
@hardwenzen said:

Today i can be both, i can't promise anything for tomorrow.

I approve of this self ownage.😎

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1236 Posts

I actually bought an S ... but wound up returning it before opening.Decided to just waiting for the X.

Could MS divert resources from the S to produce more X consoles?

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

AKA, the coal in your kid's stocking 🤣🤣🤣

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@ttboy: its a super under rated system. Not only can it play all the next gen games at high settings, it has homebrew capabilities built in, with support for retroarch so pretty much you can play all nes/snes/gamecube/sega/ps1/ps2/ds/gba/gbc/wii. On top of that MS are working hard to make their console backwards compatible with xbox/xbox360/ titles. Now their cloud gaming is at a really high level, so that you can even play on mobile without much lag. Its a true beast of a machine. No other console, the playstation or the switch are as capable as the xbox is. Thats just the fact right now.

Honestly, the series S should be selling far more than it is already. If people knew half the capabilities of the xbox, I don't think you'd be able to find a series S in stock either.

Loading Video...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Pedro said:

Sorry but it is readily available, the walmart close to my house had them physically in BF in fact they had like 10 and no switch,PS5 or series X.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

No it didn't The dyson hair dryer was higher ranked than xbox and switch was like number 1 and playstation was below iphones and ipads

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

@zerothehero: You doubting purexbox.com there, 0?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Pedro

@tormentos: So, the only reason the PS5 was selling better is due to having more supply?😎

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@Pedro said:

@tormentos: So, the only reason the PS5 was selling better is due to having more supply?😎

If the Series S is all there is at Walmart and no PS5/Switch/Series X, its sink or swim for the buyer. Sometimes, its better than nothing right?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pedro

@davillain-: No argument there. My point is that stock availability is only brought into the picture when Xbox is selling well. That is all.🙃

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@davillain- said:
@Pedro said:

If the Series S is all there is at Walmart and no PS5/Switch/Series X, its sink or swim for the buyer. Sometimes, its better than nothing right?

If there was no stock limitations on the other consoles I think the Series S would still sell well amongst those who are entering the console space and parents who are buying their first console for their children. I am NOT saying that it would be the best selling console if there were no limitations, just that it has it's niche carved out for it.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

Got mine in the mail today. Ordered a few days go from Walmart before they sold out.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

Congrats Xbox!! :P

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Someone's taking this personally.