Xbox Scarlet info leak

• 124 results
#101 Edited by bigfootpart2 (1131 posts) -

Streaming video games is a non-starter. OnLive and others have tried this and have failed. Why? Latency. The games are a laggy, stuttery mess.

Streamed games do not even work very well over wired gigabit ethernet on a LAN. This was why the Steam Link was recently on sale for $2. Because streaming games on a home network sucks balls. Good luck getting game streaming to work well over the internet.

Microsoft is going to fail hard if they go this route. This could be what finally knocks them out of the game console world.

The dumbasses used DDR3 for a GPU in their last console because none of them knew anything about PC hardware. Now they're trying another idea that any PC gamer can tell you will fail.

#102 Posted by PC_Rocks (2225 posts) -

@Ant_17 said:
@daniel_su123 said:

@Ant_17: Amazon can get into the gaming space. They have the capability to do so. They have AWS, distribution and can buy the IPs.

Cloud Gaming is the next battle ground for Cloud dominance hence why MS is aggressively investing here.

So they are not even in the same league.

And let them join, they would probably beat MS instead of Sony.

They are already into gaming with an engine, studios and cloud services for devs that they can use for gaming. They are just not after traditional console games.

#103 Edited by QuadKnight (12916 posts) -

@bigfootpart2 said:

Streaming video games is a non-starter. OnLive and others have tried this and have failed. Why? Latency. The games are a laggy, stuttery mess.

Streamed games do not even work very well over wired gigabit ethernet on a LAN. This was why the Steam Link was recently on sale for $2. Because streaming games on a home network sucks balls. Good luck getting game streaming to work well over the internet.

Microsoft is going to fail hard if they go this route. This could be what finally knocks them out of the game console world.

The dumbasses used DDR3 for a GPU in their last console because none of them knew anything about PC hardware. Now they're trying another idea that any PC gamer can tell you will fail.

So true. I’ve used OnLive, PS Now, and even GeForce Now over the years and they all suffer from horrible input lag and latency issues even when streaming games at 1080p and below. All these streaming services suffer from these issues even with my great internet (1Gbps) and most people aren’t even close to hitting my speeds.

Streaming is an okay option to have but it can’t take over regular gaming until they fix the horrible input lag and latency issues. Streaming is decent for slow paced games but the moment you try to play a game that requires speed (racing, fighting, FPS etc.) you realize its limits.

MS can jump into it like Sony is doing with PS Now but they have to keep their expectations in check. If they are thinking it will be wildly successful from the start then they are extremely delusional.

#104 Posted by Sam3231 (2566 posts) -

@bigfootpart2 said:

Yeah, that's kind of what I was wondering about. Didn't get around to testing it yet with my current Xbox though, only tested wireless which is completely unplayable on 2.4 GHZ and on 5GHZ it's well... playable kind of - no stuttering but there is quite a bit of input delay, also the sound is not inline with the gameplay.

#105 Posted by Ant_17 (12409 posts) -

@quadknight said:
@bigfootpart2 said:

So true. I’ve used OnLive, PS Now, and even GeForce Now over the years and they all suffer from horrible input lag and latency issues even when streaming games at 1080p and below. All these streaming services suffer from these issues even with my great internet (1Gbps) and most people aren’t even close to hitting my speeds.

Streaming is an okay option to have but it can’t take over regular gaming until they fix the horrible input lag and latency issues. Streaming is decent for slow paced games but the moment you try to play a game that requires speed (racing, fighting, FPS etc.) you realize its limits.

MS can jump into it like Sony is doing with PS Now but they have to keep their expectations in check. If they are thinking it will be wildly successful from the start then they are extremely delusional.

Pfft, what chance do i have with my 100mbs speed?

MS selling to some elites that don't even exist.

#106 Edited by QuadKnight (12916 posts) -

@Ant_17: 😝 No chance. I honestly don’t know what MS is thinking will happen to the internet in two years time but if they think everyone is going to get drastically better internet than we have now they are completely delusional.

#107 Posted by Pedro (34386 posts) -

PS Now (released in 2018) is streaming only and the Sony fannies praise it. MS potentially releasing a system that enables game streaming at least 2 years from now (2020) is completely delusional. LMAO. Fanboy logic is the most entertaining shit you can read.

#108 Posted by Archangel3371 (27879 posts) -

Why are some people talking about this like streaming is going to be the sole focus of Microsoft’s next system?

#109 Edited by QuadKnight (12916 posts) -

@Pedro: Where are these Sony fans praising PS Now you speak of? I’ve been calling it shit since I was a beta tester for it back in 2014 and most people I know don’t even use it 🤨

#110 Posted by Daniel_Su123 (1061 posts) -

@quadknight: the reason why it’s shit is because Sony doesn’t have any datacentres in the area. Microsoft has datacentres in almost every continent and is aggressively expanding it. Hence why many people say that MS has a much better chance.

#111 Edited by QuadKnight (12916 posts) -

@daniel_su123: Data-centers won’t fix shit. Like I’ve said, I’ve used all the three game streaming services and they were all shit. I don’t believe MS wizard juice will stop the next Xbox game streaming service from being shit either.

#112 Edited by FastNslowww (190 posts) -

Another console in dev......and what is the point of the xbox one x, exactly?.........by the time this new console comes out, the x will still have limited games. geez.

#113 Posted by lundy86_4 (53087 posts) -

@fastnslowww said:

Another console in dev......and what is the point of the xbox one x, exactly?.........by the time this new console comes out, the x will still have limited games. geez.

Do you think that once a console releases, they just sit and **** around until the end of the gen, then just pull a new console out of their arse?

#114 Edited by Yams1980 (3464 posts) -

cloud streaming haha what a mess that will be. I've seen people even with high end fibre internet get lag. Nobody playing any real games would want this, it may work for garbage mobile phone type games that require limited bandwidth to work.

At least they did learn their lesson and not forcing this into the "classic" version of their console as they did at launch of the xbox one with their kinect which almost nobody wanted to pay extra for since its a virtually unused device. Just be glad Sony is a beast still, or Microsoft would have drm infested on their console and backwards compatibility wouldn't even exist. What a pile of idiots working at microsoft, i'd love be a fly on the wall to hear these stable geniuses at work. Nintendo would love this idea though, they are massively anal about protecting their games and putting all the games offsite on their servers would put you completely under their control as they want.

When streaming infests PC gaming, that will be the cut off point for me, so far it failed big time with nvidia's little attempt. But if it ever does go anywhere, it will be time to retire for good and find other things to do. Probably just play old games at that point.

#115 Posted by VERTIGO47 (7101 posts) -

@Archangel3371 said:

Why are some people talking about this like streaming is going to be the sole focus of Microsoft’s next system?

Because Asshurt Sony fannies DESPERATELY WANT the XBOX gaming division to fail hard and fast to it's grave. So, to make themselves feel cozy at night and feel emotionally stable, Sony fannies simply want to believe Streaming will be the sole focus for the next Xbox.

#116 Posted by Ant_17 (12409 posts) -

@quadknight said:

@daniel_su123: Data-centers won’t fix shit. Like I’ve said, I’ve used all the three game streaming services and they were all shit. I don’t believe MS wizard juice will stop the next Xbox game streaming service from being shit either.

I just noticed a small problem.

Kids like to live stream now, so getting the streambone is pointless.

#117 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18839 posts) -

@VERTIGO47 said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Because Asshurt Sony fannies DESPERATELY WANT the XBOX gaming division to fail hard and fast to it's grave. So, to make themselves feel cozy at night and feel emotionally stable, Sony fannies simply want to believe Streaming will be the sole focus for the next Xbox.

Nailed it.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
#118 Posted by REVOLUTIONfreak (18418 posts) -

I think this is another case of Microsoft trying to win out with technology and not thinking about the actual user. These are games. They're meant to be fun. People will buy fun. Will they buy a streaming concept? I really don't think so.

Avatar image for storm_of_swords
#119 Posted by storm_of_swords (2794 posts) -

I will buy the traditional console and I hope that the streaming console fails miserably.

#120 Posted by magmadragoonx4 (654 posts) -

This is mosyly the same rumors that xbox one was supposed to be.

#121 Posted by Fairmonkey (1464 posts) -

Lol, now its unarguable that PC is cheaper in the long run and better in every measureable category. I'll enjoy playing all the xbox exclusives at superior graphics and performance. I wont have to buy an xbox ever again. Thanks microsoft

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#122 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1437 posts) -

I'm guessing Xbox Scarlet will be a 9th generation console and releasing same time as PS5.

#123 Posted by pdogg93 (1563 posts) -

One more thing I forgot to mention is audio. There’s no way you’ll be able to stream proper multi channel HD audio along with 4k video for video games.

#124 Posted by sonny2dap (1519 posts) -

Okay no chance on the "stream machine" Internet infrastructure is still being upgraded at a snails pace, and this would put huge demand on a home network that is also supporting at least a couple smartphones, tablets, TV in some cases a fucking fridge, other consoles, laptops, Home work stations etc.

#125 Edited by Black96Z (820 posts) -

How fast will this eat up a persons internet data?