Xbox pushed to the back of the electronics dept. at my local Walmart... uh oh?

• 62 results
Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11082 Posts

I went to Walmart to pick up some earbuds on the way home, and lo and behold, Xbox no longer has priority shelf placement there anymore. It used to be Xbox>Nintendo>Playstation when you entered the electronics section, and now it's Playstation>Nintendo>Xbox. What happened? Did MS stop paying for the shelf placement? Have the mighty fallen that hard?

I remember for well into the gen they made sure Xbox items were the first thing you saw. Now they're going toward the back wall, chillin' with the smartphone covers. Oof.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#2 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2946 Posts

How will society move on.... Master Chief more like Master Chump

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

pics?

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Creepywelps
Member since 2015 • 2964 Posts

Beginning of the end. Once Walmart turns their back, so does the rest of the world.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BenjaminBanklin

@me2002 said:

pics?

I'll have to get it the next time I go back. But I know this can't be unique to just my area Walmarts. These deals are usually a nationwide thing.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Move over Master Chump and Gears of War meatheads. Make way for Nathan Drake , Aloy , Kratos , Spider-man , and company.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#7 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

This isn't happening at any of my local Wal-Marts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@Nike_Air: is Knack welcome?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#9 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69412 Posts

So XBox is going to be number one then, because according to you PlayStation was in the back and it succeeded now the Xbox is being moved to the back.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Even this is boring.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#11 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Oh no. How will we go on?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@Random_Matt: How is the placement of electrical goods in a supermarket boring ?

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

@boycie said:

@Nike_Air: is Knack welcome?

After Knack 2 , he is welcome to tag along. What a FUN F-in game! We can take that super generic guy from Quantum Break off the shelves to make room for Knack.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@boycie said:

@Random_Matt: How is the placement of electrical goods in a supermarket boring ?

how is it not boring!

sorry I had to make sure you werent joking with that question

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56062 Posts

People still actually shop at Wal-Mart? Target is were it's at!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@davillain-: What’s the xbox placement like in Target?

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Creepywelps
Member since 2015 • 2964 Posts

@davillain-: Not everyone is a millionaire like you.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BenjaminBanklin

@nintendoboy16 said:

This isn't happening at any of my local Wal-Marts.

Your Walmart isn't as cool as mine I guess?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaVillain  Moderator

@boycie said:

@davillain-: What’s the xbox placement like in Target?

Basically just one section each for the big 3 consoles. PS4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch has there own aisles. I like the idea of separating them so I know what to look for and leave the store within minutes.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

True story: at my local S-mart people walk in and are encouraged to spit on an xbox.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I can't insert an eyeroll gif big enough to justify this thread.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@davillain-: We don’t have Target in the UK but we do have ASDA which is owned by Wallmart. The console are grouped together each with about 9 3 foot shelves. The xboxes are closer to the back wall though.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DaVillain  Moderator

@creepywelps said:

@davillain-: Not everyone is a millionaire like you.

I mean, Target sales are so much better then Wal-Mart. I guess it's why I have so much money in my pockets ^-^

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: Yeah, when they move an entire Dept, it's a regional or possibly nation wide thing. Managers are not allowed to move "basic" depts at all. They go by a set plan and have to stick with it nearly exactly. There's many reasons for this but too long to get in to. My point, your whole region will have the same setup. At my store, it's Xbox and Nintendo on one side, and PS on the other. I've noticed the game selection in all depts are smaller. A lot of crap $15 VR units taking up the extra space.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#25 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

The least you could do is frame it as retaliation for the Xbox game pass, OP

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BenjaminBanklin

@joshrmeyer said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Yeah, when they move an entire Dept, it's a regional or possibly nation wide thing. Managers are not allowed to move "basic" depts at all. They go by a set plan and have to stick with it nearly exactly. There's many reasons for this but too long to get in to. My point, your whole region will have the same setup. At my store, it's Xbox and Nintendo on one side, and PS on the other. I've noticed the game selection in all depts are smaller. A lot of crap $15 VR units taking up the extra space.

Yeah, I figure those floor plans are set and I didn't know if they were up to the individual stores or not. The Walmarts in my area usually have the one wall of display cases featuring the games, and on the other side of the aisle are peripherals and consoles and stuff. That's why I was shocked that they changed the arrangement priority of the consoles, because Playstation had NEVER been in the front for many years. That's why this has to be a sign of the times.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

You fanboys are getting pathetic arguing over product placement now. WTF is wrong with you people. Such pathetic times we live in now. A bigger story would be if Walmart quit selling Xbox products. I can give two shits where a product is placed as long as I can purchase it. It also makes sense to place you products based on sales and we know right now PS4 and Switch is outselling the Xbox, so who cares?

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#28 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

People still buy electronics at walmart instead of online?

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BenjaminBanklin

@Basinboy said:

The least you could do is frame it as retaliation for the Xbox game pass, OP

I never thought about that, but at the same time, I'm not sure if this is a nationwide thing though.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BenjaminBanklin

@Xabiss said:

You fanboys are getting pathetic arguing over product placement now. WTF is wrong with you people. Such pathetic times we live in now. A bigger story would be if Walmart quit selling Xbox products. I can give two shits where a product is placed as long as I can purchase it. It also makes sense to place you products based on sales and we know right now PS4 and Switch is outselling the Xbox, so who cares?

I think everyone should care. Floor display placement is a direct sign of the health of a gaming platform. You care enough to damage control for something I'm not even sure is being implemented at every Walmart, so there you go.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JoshRMeyer

@BenjaminBanklin: They have a point system they use... And a formula based on that to figure out if that section if doing well or not. If it's tanking in your region, it'll get moved. I can't imagine much profit coming from the Xbox section for Walmart. PS also has the VR section, and in theory, over twice the consumers.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JoshRMeyer

@Xabiss: That's pretty much all it is... Low sales. No one should be surprised at this.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Xabiss

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:

I think everyone should care. Floor display placement is a direct sign of the health of a gaming platform. You care enough to damage control for something I'm not even sure is being implemented at every Walmart, so there you go.

No I am not the pathetic individual that goes to a store to notice product placement and then post that shit on a forum. Come to think about it that is just pathetic to be honest.

Again you said I damage control when I damn well say it makes sense for Walmart to place items based on sales. Good lord you all don't even know wtf damage controlling is anymore.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Xbox is flopping everywhere that’s what happened. Why give it big shelf space when it’s not pushing big numbers?

It’s all about Sony and Nintendo now, people can only take so much Halo/Gears/Forza

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BenjaminBanklin

@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:

No I am not the pathetic individual that goes to a store to notice product placement and then post that shit on a forum. Come to think about it that is just pathetic to be honest.

Again you said I damage control when I damn well say it makes sense for Walmart to place items based on sales. Good lord you all don't even know wtf damage controlling is anymore.

I think I know what a meltdown is because you're defining it in word form. I mean, how is this not worthy of a topic on a board called 'system wars' on a gaming internet forum?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

It could have something to do with that day 1 games on Games Pass.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Xabiss

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:

I think I know what a meltdown is because you're defining it in word form. I mean, how is this not worthy of a topic on a board called 'system wars' on a gaming internet forum?

It is pretty obvious you dont, but not surprising coming from a person who post the shit you do on this forum.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BenjaminBanklin

@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:

It is pretty obvious you dont, but not surprising coming from a person who post the shit you do on this forum.

Well if you'd quit playing board mom I'd figure you'd be triggered by a lot less in this place. It's just console games... relax.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

It's not been pushed far enough, it needs to be pushed all the way to the same landfill Atari E.T occupies.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Xabiss

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Well if you'd quit playing board mom I'd figure you'd be triggered by a lot less in this place. It's just console games... relax.

Triggered ROFLMAO, seems you are the one that takes this place to serious with a post like that.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

@Xabiss said:

You sound mighty salty just because your precious piece of plastic is a dumpster fire.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Cows are really running short of new material.

Boring times ahead...

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

@RR360DD said:

Boring times ahead...

Well with Xbox being at the bottom of the dumpster, there's not much new material floating around because Sony and Nintendo are doing great.

Dogmatic923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Dogmatic923
Member since 2006 • 734 Posts

lol, people are so desperate to find any excuse to bash XB. To be fair, if MS ever did tank i'd be done with console gaming and join the PC MR. I'd quit gaming all together if PS was the only option left. I bought and sold PS 3&4 cause i actually thought people around here knew what they were talking about. You'd have better luck finding out how to become a devote cathloic priest listening to Howard Stern's radio show than you would gathering informative gaming info around here.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@shawty_beatz said:
@RR360DD said:

Boring times ahead...

Well with Xbox being at the bottom of the dumpster, there's not much new material floating around because Sony and Nintendo are doing great.

Yeah whatever you say butthurt Cow!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50550 Posts

Such a worthy topic for a thread

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44555 Posts

That's mean, their electronics sections are all the way in the back anyways, their average shoppers kankles would get too sore by then, and the electric scooters would probably run out of juice by then too.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#48 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

That's mean, their electronics sections are all the way in the back anyways, their average shoppers kankles would get too sore by then, and the electric scooters would probably run out of juice by then too.

Hahaha. Everything should be in the carpark.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@RR360DD said:

Boring times ahead...

Lol, yeah. Supposedly they have an endless amount of games to play on PS4, but they seem to prefer to post sh*t fanboy topics so they can circle-jerk each other. Just sit back & laugh.