Xbox One X vs. Your computer?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

User Lists: 0

Poll Xbox One X vs. Your computer? (253 votes)

X1X wins 34%
My computer wins 53%
It's too close to call/Not sure 8%
Ooh woo, I'm a rebel just for kicks, now 4%

In general game performance how do you think Xbox One X fares against your computer? Bear in mind the Xbox One X specs:

CPU: custom eight core CPU at 2.3GHz
RAM: 12GB of GDDR5 RAM at 6.8GHz with 326 GB/s bandwidth
GPU: Six teraflop GPU at 1,172 MHz, 40 compute units

My specs-
CPU: core i5-2400 at 3.1Ghz
RAM: old ass ddr3 1333 8GB ram
GPU: GTX 970

I'm pretty sure in my case X1X wins. Which is embarrassing cuz my PC looks like it could probably eat it.

• 
GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#201 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@SecretPolice said:
@GarGx1 said:
@SecretPolice said:
@whalefish82 said:
@SecretPolice said:

That poll. lolol

My next B-Day I'm gonna wish for just one day system warriors can't lie. :P

Why would people lie about their rigs? This is a gaming forum, so just the place where you'd find PC owners that have powerful systems.

Sure a tiny number but most are cows or your ever present MS/Xbox anti-fans on GS SW that you can always tell they're lying when you see they're lips move, erm, I mean posting/voting in polls about anything that put's MS/Xbox in good light. . lol :P

Have you never noticed that anytime PC gets added to a poll in system wars it wins by a country mile? There's a reason for that and it doesn't matter if it's pitted against any console individually or against all of them.

I don't even.....?

Suffice to say people lie all the time and when it comes to SW polls, lololololol They have absolute Zero cred and nothing of value can be ascertained. Eh, but C'mon, you already knew that. :P

Oh, I certainly don't put any credence into system War's polls. From my point of view, (I'm a mug, I take people at face value) when you get the classic "which is best poll?" putting all consoles and PC against each other PC always comes out on top. Really all they tell you is that their are more PC gamers on systems wars than individual console fans but that would also add to there being a fair percentage of the user base having fairly decent PC's.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

My last desktop computer was purchased in like 1998. I assume XB1X beats most "gaming" laptops, but as my laptop is a couple of years old I"m sure XB1X beats it handily.

XB1X is a pretty good deal at $500. If it was simply a "Windows Computer" instead of an Xbox, and allowed me to access my steam library, I'd probably buy it as a great deal on a fairly powerful HTPC.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#203 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@whalefish82 said:
@ronvalencia said:

My argument has nothing do with X1X being superior to GTX 1070.

The angle to your posts in this thread has been: when people posted their PC details and speculated whether their rig was better than a One X or not, you kept asking whether they could run Forza and Arc at similar settings. It takes a 1070 level system to have a chance of achieving that in these particular games.

I've obviously completely misconstrued your points because, to me, it seemed you were alluding that, if you can't reach this specific goal then your PC is not as good as the One X. My main point was that I don't think you can make an accurate comparison between the platforms based on two game examples, regardless of the technical knowledge you possess on the subject.

I own MSI R9-390X and X1X is not following it.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@whalefish82 said:
@ronvalencia said:

The angle to your posts in this thread has been: when people posted their PC details and speculated whether their rig was better than a One X or not, you kept asking whether they could run Forza and Arc at similar settings. It takes a 1070 level system to have a chance of achieving that in these particular games.

I've obviously completely misconstrued your points because, to me, it seemed you were alluding that, if you can't reach this specific goal then your PC is not as good as the One X. My main point was that I don't think you can make an accurate comparison between the platforms based on two game examples, regardless of the technical knowledge you possess on the subject.

Is it your position about "X1X being superior to GTX 1070", or is that just you phrasing someone else in response back in the chain?

def_mode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#205 def_mode
Member since 2005 • 4237 Posts

MSI GTX 1080ti, i7- 4790k 4.00Ghz, 1440p 144hz G-Sync monitor, 16GB Ram

My Pc wins.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 ronvalencia

@AdobeArtist said:
@ronvalencia said:
@whalefish82 said:
@ronvalencia said:

Is it your position about "X1X being superior to GTX 1070", or is that just you phrasing someone else in response back in the chain?

@whalefish82 assertion ronvalencia's claims for X1X being superior to GTX 1070 is fake news.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@AdobeArtist said:
@ronvalencia said:
@whalefish82 said:
@ronvalencia said:

@whalefish82 assertion ronvalencia's claims for X1X being superior to GTX 1070 is fake news.

There's hope for you yet ?

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

Running a 7 year old CPU with a gtx 1080 and it can still run circles around X1X.

Commiesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Commiesdie
Member since 2006 • 372 Posts

My computer is no beast but I am pretty sure it beats Xbox 1 x

Z170 motherboard Intel core i5 6600k,16gb ddr4 3000mhz geforce gtx 1070 win 10 64 bit

Dark_man123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#210 Dark_man123
Member since 2005 • 4012 Posts

my Specs

Intel 6700k

16gb of ddr 4 ram at 3000mhz

Gtx 1070 ftw

with those specs I only game at 1080p so i believe the Xbox one X wins.

Commiesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Commiesdie
Member since 2006 • 372 Posts

@Dark_man123:

We have nearly the same specs we could beat it it plus the only said the Res is higher Res isn't everything u can play bf1 at 4k as long as u have the lowest graphical settings as possible it will look like shit but u probably still could run it

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

@Dark_man123 said:

my Specs

Intel 6700k

16gb of ddr 4 ram at 3000mhz

Gtx 1070 ftw

with those specs I only game at 1080p so i believe the Xbox one X wins.

Your computer better by a wide margin

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Pretty sure the XB1X beats my PC. I have an old HP Laptop. Intel Core i7 2.00GHz, AMD Radeon HD 7400 Series, 8GB RAM. I don't play any heavy games on here anyways. I use this for surfing, e-mail and paying a few bills. This is why my PS4 and XB1 are my gaming platforms of choice for now.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 ronvalencia

@AdobeArtist said:
@ronvalencia said:
@AdobeArtist said:
@ronvalencia said:
@whalefish82 said:

There's hope for you yet ?

X1X having GTX 1070 class GPU result = a GPU solution above RX-580 and MSI R9-390X 1100Mhz (6 TFLOPS).

GTX 1070 belongs with the next level PC GPU cards above RX-580/MSI R9-390X group of cards. Higher level GPU group above RX-580 and MSI R9-390X group are GTX 1070 , GTX 980 Ti and Fury X.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Those voting "my computer wins" should have to post a pic of said computer or a benchmark run. Just sayin...

AdamK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By AdamK47
Member since 2003 • 1127 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

Those voting "my computer wins" should have to post a pic of said computer or a benchmark run. Just sayin...

Time Spy: 19256

http://www.3dmark.com/spy/1698209

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

My computer got an i74790k 16 gigs of ram ( can take 32) i got a gtx970. It probably beat on the GPU side. I upgrade my GPU when next historical total war coming out and use it for xbox one x games.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

This^^^^

You know Every single Rabid Cow is in here lying.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

Most on this poll are flat out liars/haters!

This PC crowd just wants to be heard somewhere when most don't care about them. They remind me of Jan from the Brady bunch

if you got a rig that plays Xbox games please tell us what games you bought? Most of you are liars and post on social media sites how awful Xbox exclusives are without ever playing one, like media gaff. I feel you.

I have never seen such a sorry lot, that backpeddles on grphics when there is no games and it's all about multi plts that run better to exclusives with a 6% user base/.

it was all about grahix last few years, Ponies know it. Sony ran with it and now they can deal with it.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@goldenelementxl said:

Tried running Speccy, but it reads half of my shit wrong (gpu memory), incomplete (ram, pci-ssd), or some parts (storage drives) don't even show up.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: all that just to play weebo games. what a waste. :(

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Jebus213

@the-a-baum said:

This PC crowd just wants to be heard somewhere when most don't care about them. They remind me of Jan from the Brady bunch

if you got a rig that plays Xbox games please tell us what games you bought? Most of you are liars and post on social media sites how awful Xbox exclusives are without ever playing one, like media gaff. I feel you.

I have never seen such a sorry lot, that backpeddles on grphics when there is no games and it's all about multi plts that run better to exclusives with a 6% user base/.

it was all about grahix last few years, Ponies know it. Sony ran with it and now they can deal with it.

Any actual proof that we're lying? Maybe this is just a troll post made by some 16 year old.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 ConanTheStoner

@mems_1224:

Hey now, the only truly weeb game I play is Guilty Gear lol.

But yeah it is overkill for 1080p gaming, especially when I play more SFV than anything else. Though it is nice being able to throw any game at it, maxed out, and still have killer frame rates.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#225 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56034 Posts

@EG101 said:
@goldenelementxl said:

This^^^^

You know Every single Rabid Cow is in here lying.

To be honest, I'm just waiting for someone making one of those "show us your PC gaming desktop" threads we normally get around here every now and then.

whalefish82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 whalefish82
Member since 2013 • 511 Posts

@the-a-baum said:

Wow, please learn to write before posting.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#227  Edited By lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61471 Posts

Fine... Mah specs:

@the-a-baum: You seem upset lol.

whalefish82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 whalefish82
Member since 2013 • 511 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Tried running Speccy, but it reads half of my shit wrong (gpu memory), incomplete (ram, pci-ssd), or some parts (storage drives) don't even show up.

Same here. It messed up my Vram, DDR4 ram, and completely missed my 3rd hard drive and sound card.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#229 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61471 Posts

Yeah, speccy is useless on reading over 4gb GPU memory. I use HWMonitor mostly on temps, but GPU-Z is still the way to go.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 ConanTheStoner

I wouldn't mind Speccy sucking so badly if I didn't have the paid version lol.

Then again it's pretty rare for me to post up my specs, so meh.

Honestly, this calling people on their specs nonsense is silly anyways because

1. People bullshit about what they own all the time on SW, consoles and games included.

2. It's not like it takes a beast of a machine to outperform a console, plz brehs.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56034 Posts

@the-a-baum said:

Anyone who have posted there PC desktop here (including me) can tell you up in you're face we ain't lying about shit when we have photos to back up what we have and what we build!

And the only thing I'm seeing from you is, "I can't afford to build a PC, so I'm gonna shit on everyone's PC BS"

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Well I guess if I'm gonna request people prove their setups are legit, I should probably provide proof myself. All of my benchmarks can be see over at the PC and A/V Hardware forum here. Over 112 people voted that their PC beats the Xbox One X and I'm pretty sure we don't have that many examples here right now.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Jebus213

@goldenelementxl said:

Well I guess if I'm gonna request people prove their setups are legit, I should probably provide proof myself. All of my benchmarks can be see over at the PC and A/V Hardware forum here. Over 112 people voted that their PC beats the Xbox One X and I'm pretty sure we don't have that many examples here right now.

I'm not doing benchmarks.

https://puu.sh/wyB8q/0668f9cc03.jpg

https://puu.sh/wyB9o/9e9476e74d.jpg

Let me know if the pics are upside down.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Jebus213

Fine, I ran a benchmark.

Am I moar powerfulz then Xbox One X now?

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#235  Edited By DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

My PC is faster by miles

• I7 9200k
  • 32 GBs Zeus 3300mhz DDR4
  • 6TB HDD 3x RAID
  • 10GB GTX 1090
  • 512GB Raiden SSD
  • 1350 watt Platinum Certified Green PSU
  • Alienware Skillz water cooling
  • Wireless X WiFi
Dark_man123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#236 Dark_man123
Member since 2005 • 4012 Posts

@goldenelementxl:

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

My PC is faster by miles

• I7 9200k
  • 32 GBs Zeus 3300mhz DDR4
  • 6TB HDD 3x RAID
  • 10GB GTX 1090
  • 512GB Raiden SSD
  • 1350 watt Platinum Certified Green PSU
  • Alienware Skillz water cooling
  • Wireless X WiFi

I think that's an 97 920k. Not 9200 "This is in fact a bug in certain i7 CPU models/steppings that cause an incorrect CPU model name to be reported by the CPU (adding a 0 to the model number)"

Also, this is what it feels like to own a 1090

Loading Video...

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

X1X is gonna be slightly more powerful than my computer. My CPU is holding things back. I'm looking to get a threadripper when they drop. Don't discount the fact that games will be better optimized for the X1X hardware than on PC also, so its definitely not a 1 to 1 comparison.

MooseWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 MooseWayne
Member since 2017 • 361 Posts

@def_mode: neat a 1440 monitor.

MooseWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 MooseWayne

Home theater forums we post pics of our set ups. The entire thing.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@moosewayne said:

@def_mode: neat a 1440 monitor.

that is a pretty neat monitor

MooseWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By MooseWayne

@drlostrib: not in 2017

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 DrLostRib

@moosewayne said:

@drlostrib: not in 2017

Nah it's still pretty neat

MooseWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 MooseWayne

@drlostrib: for you

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 DrLostRib

@moosewayne said:

@drlostrib: for you

Nah, for a lot of people

MooseWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 MooseWayne

@drlostrib: tons of people I bet. Not for me though.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 DrLostRib

@moosewayne said:

@drlostrib: tons of people I bet. Not for me though.

that's unfortunate for you

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 ConanTheStoner

MooseWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 MooseWayne

@drlostrib: I'll be sure to trade my UHD/HDR TV for one.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 DrLostRib

@moosewayne said:

@drlostrib: I'll be sure to trade my UHD/HDR TV for one.

you can try www.reddit.com/r/hardwareswap

Good luck