Xbox One X 'performing phenomenally' says NPD

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
#401 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (10058 posts) -

@techhog89 said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

My predictions:

Sony sold 1.3M units on Black Friday. It's worse than 2017, but overall, they had an exceptional November.

PS4 was #1 at box retailers; GameStop, BestBuy, Walmart and Target.

PSVR had it's second best week ever. Only behind launch week.

1st Party software had it's strongest non launch week ever; GOW, and Spiderman did very well.

Fwiw, we'll see a lot more PS4 Pro bundles / sales next years. A big reason why we haven't is because of hardware supply issues (memory shortages around GDDR5), which should be fixed next year.

It sold more than that (and more than Xbox One).

From what I've been told, Sony sold fewer consoles on Black Friday (NPD) compared to last year. (It's still their second best Black Friday for PS4.)

#402 Posted by robert_sparkes (3012 posts) -

Still selling at an incredible pace been a runaway train this generation. Sony going from strength to strength.

#403 Edited by mowgly1 (1214 posts) -

@cainetao11 said: @mowgly1:

And lol at “Japanese consoles”. Many here are quick to point out the Xbox isn’t made in America. Well the PS4 nor Switch aren’t made in Japan either.

So, your fellow Xbone fans can't realize that Xbox is US brand? You can't be that dumb. That's why i said japanese console because Sony and Ninty are japanese companies

#404 Posted by I_P_Daily (11677 posts) -

I'm having a slow day at work and reading the cow meltdowns in here are helping me get through the day, so c'mon cows give us some more.

#405 Edited by ronvalencia (27706 posts) -

@mowgly1 said:
@ronvalencia said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-red-dead-redemption-2-face-off

Rockstar's stunning technological achievement runs at native 4K on the X, and also delivers the smoothest performance.

I mentioned graphics. Performance isn't graphics, isn't it. Even difference in performance is even smaller than in resolution. Btw. you never mentioned something similar before like @tormentos said.

Where the fu** were you when the PS4 was spanking the xbox one even 720p vs 1080p..

Odd, isn't it. Well done, Tormentos. Xbone fan caught in the act.

My lowest desktop GPU during XBO time frame is Radeon HD 7950 900Mhz factory overclock edition. I'm NOT a fan of XBO's configuration i.e. I can config a better box for the same $499 price target as mentioned in the old topics.

7790 chip area + 32 MB SRAM chip area = ~28 CU size GPU! Kinect has it's own 8 MB SRAM storage. If $499 XBO was configured like X1X in 28 nm process tech, it would have been 28 CU GPU with GDDR5-5000 384 bit bus based system. I mentioned this configuration many times. MS has the larger chip area budget over Sony and MS blown the opportunity. This proposed GPU would be under 1st tier R9-290X in 2013.

Pixel count gap between Radeon HD 7950 900Mhz's 1440p vs PS4's 1080p is larger than XBO vs PS4 pixel count gap.

Radeon HD 7950 900Mhz's 1440p vs PS4's 1080p pixel count difference : 3,686,400 - 2,073,600 =1,612,800 pixels. I later purchased R9-290 Pro during 2013 time period.

I also purchased 7970 1Ghz factory OC edition for potential CrossFire configuration with HD 7950 900Mhz.

PS4's 1080p vs XBO's 720p pixel count difference : 2,073,600 - 921600 = 1,152,000 pixels

Radeon HD 7950 and 7970 1Ghz has existed before XBO/PS4 era year 2013.

In XBO/PS4 era 2013, I purchased Sapphire R9-290 Pro and MSI Gaming X R9-290X 1040 Mhz OC edition (10 Mhz missing from R9-390X).

I support X1X since it's closest game console GPU to what I selected with MSI Gaming X R9-290X 1040 Mhz OC edition which later BIOS updated into R9-390X LOL. Entry level 4K

Tormented can fu**off i.e. I wouldn't be limited to XBO vs PS4 wars.

X1X GPU with 44 CU +384 bit bus design was 2nd tier GCN relative to Vega 56/64 GCN design while Polaris 10's 36 CU being 3rd tier GCN design. AMD should upgrade R9-390X!

#406 Posted by xhawk27 (11271 posts) -

@zappat said:
@Steppy_76 said:
@zappat said:

Lemmings celebrating a NPD rumor as if they had won the gen. Lmao, so pathetic.

Cows coming in to a thread that has nothing to do with the PS4 and bashing the xbone as if xbone bad news is required to enjoy the PS4, Lmao so pathetic.

This is SW, if you cry everytime one faction attacks the other in SW then you're doubly pathetic for coming here and not having a thick skin. Go to the Xbox forum if you can't handle it.

It seems you and the Cows can't handle any good news that Xbox gets. Last time was RDR2 on X1X destroys POS4.

#407 Posted by Steppy_76 (2695 posts) -

@zappat: looks at 8 pages of cows crying... then reads post of cow oblivious to said crying and is reminded of an old adage... never argue with a idiot cow, they'll drag you down and beat you with experience.

#408 Posted by cainetao11 (36544 posts) -

@mowgly1: are you suggesting the population of the United States are loyal to more than capitalism? Lmao

#409 Posted by Pedro (34423 posts) -

Look at the sad triggered Sony fannies 9 pages later.

#410 Posted by sleepnsurf (3179 posts) -
@cainetao11 said:

@mowgly1: it is almost winter so more warmth is appreciated

And lol at “Japanese consoles”. Many here are quick to point out the Xbox isn’t made in America. Well the PS4 nor Switch aren’t made in Japan either.

Good, you'll need that jet engine firing on all cylinders aka the PS4 pro to keep you warm at lower res than the X. Derp.

#411 Edited by ronvalencia (27706 posts) -

@mowgly1 said:

@cainetao11 said: @mowgly1:

So, your fellow Xbone fans can't realize that Xbox is US brand? You can't be that dumb. That's why i said japanese console because Sony and Ninty are japanese companies

PS4s are made in both China (Foxconn Yantai)or Japan (Sony EMCS Kisarazu).

#412 Edited by ronvalencia (27706 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:
@mowgly1 said:
@boycie said:

@mowgly1: bottom line is the X looks significantly better than the pro.

Just because resolution, not because graphics are better. Outside resolution, graphics are the same on both.

Higher resolution exposes additional artwork's pixels to the end user, hence they are not the same.

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

1. Where the fu** were you when the PS4 was spanking the xbox one even 720p vs 1080p..

I never saw you using that argument EVER...Hahahahaa

Boy how arguments change..

All gen long you claimed the gap wasn't that big and downplayed every advantage of the PS4.lol

@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@i_p_daily said:

If true then you have just made a lot of cows sad & angry towards you tormy

Na hahahhaa i use to have an xbox 360 since launch last gen and a OG xbox since 2001 as well,and i still was a sony fan..hahhaaa

I spent >$1000 on a Sony Vaio FW-45 laptop with Radeon HD 4650M (320 SP, ~352 GFLOPS shader compute, 8 ROPS) 512MB GDDR3 + blu-ray-ROM/DVD-RW drive which has higher cost when compared to PS3/PS4 combined.

2. And? what does that has to do with what i was saying to ipdaily?

1. During 2013, I have my MSI Gaming X Radeon HD R9-290X factory overclock edition which is 10 Mhz slower than R9-390X. It's not my job defending PS4.

Hint: 3rd party Xbox 360 emulator doesn't need a separate Xbox OS installation on Windows 7/8/10 based PC i.e. my Windows PC is already full featured DirectXBox i.e. I don't need "Acrobat Reader" DirectX box aka Xbox. Xbox 360's XEX executable format is based on Windows PC's EXE format with extra DRM related layers.

2. The same argument you made with "i use to have an xbox 360 since launch last gen and a OG xbox since 2001 as well,and i still was a sony fan..hahhaaa", but in reverse.

My HDTV is Sony branded besides my Sony laptop purchase.

#413 Posted by Techhog89 (3722 posts) -
@Nonstop-Madness said:
@techhog89 said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

My predictions:

Sony sold 1.3M units on Black Friday. It's worse than 2017, but overall, they had an exceptional November.

PS4 was #1 at box retailers; GameStop, BestBuy, Walmart and Target.

PSVR had it's second best week ever. Only behind launch week.

1st Party software had it's strongest non launch week ever; GOW, and Spiderman did very well.

Fwiw, we'll see a lot more PS4 Pro bundles / sales next years. A big reason why we haven't is because of hardware supply issues (memory shortages around GDDR5), which should be fixed next year.

It sold more than that (and more than Xbox One).

From what I've been told, Sony sold fewer consoles on Black Friday (NPD) compared to last year. (It's still their second best Black Friday for PS4.)

I'm aware. However, 1.3M is still too low. (I'm assuming that you meant for the month of November rather than just Black Friday, since 1.3M for just Black Friday would be astronomically high). Last year they sold almost 1.7M, while Xbox One sold almost 1.4M. From what I've heard, PS4 is still above Xbox One while XB1 is just about flat with last year. So 1.3M doesn't work at all.

#414 Posted by Zappat (1595 posts) -

@Steppy_76 said:

@zappat: looks at 8 pages of cows crying... then reads post of cow oblivious to said crying and is reminded of an old adage... never argue with a idiot cow, they'll drag you down and beat you with experience.

Lol more like 8 pages of lemmings dreaming that they are winning and cows laughing at them. You lemmings are the running joke of this gen if you haven't noticed.

#415 Edited by clone01 (27460 posts) -

cool. I like my xbox one.

#416 Edited by mowgly1 (1214 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@mowgly1: are you suggesting the population of the United States are loyal to more than capitalism? Lmao

Oh...you should ask Mooch, the idiotic Xbone fan who harassed new PS4 buyers at Gamestop and why they didn't buy Xbone instead. Yeah, Xbone deserves to be where it is now.

#417 Posted by SecretPolice (35246 posts) -

Poor cows, I think they need a hug...

:P

#418 Edited by tormentos (29012 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@tormentos: And yet it took the PS3 7 freaking years to catch up. Thanks for confirming what a failure it really was given all the negatives the 360 had.

I guess you could say the 360 was even MORE impressive or the PS3 was more of a failure than anyone could have guess prior to the start of gen 7.

Again, thanks for confirming what more rational gamers already knew

Yes an it catch up even with a price disadvantage all generation.

The xbox one will never ever pull that,that is when you start to see how great sony's comeback was.

Yeah you keep hating the PS3 and inventing false crap about it..lol

@xhawk27 said:

Do you remember when Performance matter to the Cows. Now it seems it doesn't matter anymore.

This thread -

Yes and i remember how it didn't matter to you and all other lemmings..lol

How 720p was ok vs 1080p...hahahaaaa

#419 Posted by tormentos (29012 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:

Yes you are the most limited xbox vs PS4 fanboy in this place.

Claim to not own an xbox yet all you do is kiss and lick MS ass.

And yes when the PS4 was spanking the xbox one resolution wise you defended the xbox to the bitter end.

@xhawk27 said:

It seems you and the Cows can't handle any good news that Xbox gets. Last time was RDR2 on X1X destroys POS4.

It seems you people can't read for sh** the whole growth year over year is attribute to the xbox one X launch.lol

Oh do you care about graphics now? hahahaaaaa

#420 Posted by knight-k (2600 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:

So cute!

On topic: LOL at lemmings grasping at straws, where are those official sales numbers lemmings?

#421 Edited by SecretPolice (35246 posts) -

@knight-k:

I'm hindered by the NDA but... 69 million sold through as of yesterday.

Now don't go telling anyone I told you this SecretSquirrel info. lol :P

#422 Posted by knight-k (2600 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:

@knight-k:

I'm hindered by the NDA but... 69 million sold through as of yesterday.

Now don't go telling anyone I told you this SecretSquirrel info. lol :P

Your secret is safe with me lemming...

#423 Edited by cainetao11 (36544 posts) -

@mowgly1: because some YouTuber? You take this shit way too serious dude. Lighten up, go outside and meet people face to face.

#424 Posted by mowgly1 (1214 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@mowgly1: because some YouTuber? You take this shit way too serious dude. Lighten up, go outside and meet people face to face.

Well, he isn't just youtuber. He is a dumb and idiotic Xbone harasser just because people buy PS4. Don't worry, i meet with people every day.

#425 Posted by Steppy_76 (2695 posts) -

@knight-k said:
@SecretPolice said:

So cute!

On topic: LOL at lemmings grasping at straws, where are those official sales numbers lemmings?

Is there a single post where a lem claimed that MS sold more consoles than sony?

#426 Posted by cainetao11 (36544 posts) -

@mowgly1 said:
@cainetao11 said:

Well, he isn't just youtuber. He is a dumb and idiotic Xbone harasser just because people buy PS4. Don't worry, i meet with people every day.

Well you're not just a PS4 fanboy then either. You're a person that actively hates another electronic box that plays video games. The proof is in your post history lol

#427 Posted by mowgly1 (1214 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:
@mowgly1 said:
@cainetao11 said:

Well you're not just a PS4 fanboy then either. You're a person that actively hates another electronic box that plays video games. The proof is in your post history lol

Like bunch of other fanboys. LOL! Earth to Xbone fans, hello!!! Better to be just an fanboy and hate other electronic box than be a idiotic harasser just because someone buys another electronic box you don't like and harass them in shop.

#428 Edited by kenshiro3948 (406 posts) -

Watch as the same Xbox fangirls in here throwing a party will avoid the NPD thread next week lol.

The sales are so "phenomenal" that NPD and MS can't tell us the numbers LMFAO!

#429 Posted by kingtito (10364 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

@tormentos: And yet it took the PS3 7 freaking years to catch up. Thanks for confirming what a failure it really was given all the negatives the 360 had.

I guess you could say the 360 was even MORE impressive or the PS3 was more of a failure than anyone could have guess prior to the start of gen 7.

Again, thanks for confirming what more rational gamers already knew

Yes an it catch up even with a price disadvantage all generation.

The xbox one will never ever pull that,that is when you start to see how great sony's comeback was.

Yeah you keep hating the PS3 and inventing false crap about it..lol

@xhawk27 said:

Do you remember when Performance matter to the Cows. Now it seems it doesn't matter anymore.

This thread -

Yes and i remember how it didn't matter to you and all other lemmings..lol

How 720p was ok vs 1080p...hahahaaaa

But more importantly more brand recognition and price wasn't much of a concern considering it was the cheapest BR player on the market. That more than made up for it being the highest price console.

No the Xbox won't. It doesn't have everything Sony had going into gen 7, mainly brand recognition and being the cheapest BR player on the market. Sony also has an entire region the Xbox sells nil in, Japan. So basically you have Xbox selling in only 2 out of the 3 biggest regions and yet it still took the PS3 7 years to catch up. So that pretty much the opposite of what you're trying to say. The comeback was even less impressive than anyone imagined.

Once again, thanks for confirming what normal rational gamers already knew.

#430 Posted by Steppy_76 (2695 posts) -

@kingtito: notice how he brings up the 720p vs 1080p thing and yet constantly talks about the 4k abilities of the x1x not being good enough even though the are probably more 4k x1x games than there ever were ps3 1080p games.

#431 Posted by kingtito (10364 posts) -

@Steppy_76 said:

@kingtito: notice how he brings up the 720p vs 1080p thing and yet constantly talks about the 4k abilities of the x1x not being good enough even though the are probably more 4k x1x games than there ever were ps3 1080p games.

Or his graphics no longer matter argument cows have been bringing up since the PS3 days. Now it's only about sales.

#432 Posted by cainetao11 (36544 posts) -

@mowgly1 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@mowgly1 said:
@cainetao11 said:

Like bunch of other fanboys. LOL! Earth to Xbone fans, hello!!! Better to be just an fanboy and hate other electronic box than be a idiotic harasser just because someone buys another electronic box you don't like and harass them in shop.

Better according to whom? God?

#433 Posted by sts106mat (24880 posts) -

i cant remember the last time just two words caused so much butthurt

#434 Edited by mowgly1 (1214 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:
@mowgly1 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@mowgly1 said:

So, you love to be harasser? Well, i choose to be a fanboy instead. I also had led by your statement that i'm a fanboy.

#435 Posted by ronvalencia (27706 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

Yes you are the most limited xbox vs PS4 fanboy in this place.

Claim to not own an xbox yet all you do is kiss and lick MS ass.

Microsoft owns Windows PC platform idiot.

@tormentos said:

And yes when the PS4 was spanking the xbox one resolution wise you defended the xbox to the bitter end.

Fool. my W5000 example shows 12 CU bound issues despite being linked to 2GB 156 GB/s GDDR5 which doesn't need XBO's software tiling render requirement .

#436 Posted by clone01 (27460 posts) -

@mowgly1 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@mowgly1 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@mowgly1 said:

So, you love to be harasser? Well, i choose to be a fanboy instead. I also had led by your statement that i'm a fanboy.

Why would you choose to be a fanboy?

#437 Posted by Pedro (34423 posts) -

LOL. Now Sony fannies are proud to be fanboys. Don't they know fanboys are toxic to gaming?

#438 Posted by tormentos (29012 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos said:

Fool. my W5000 example shows 12 CU bound issues despite being linked to 2GB 156 GB/s GDDR5 which doesn't need XBO's software tiling render requirement .

No one is talking about your pathetic W5000 which you don't have as you claim to have 300 different GPU,as you always claim them as YOURS.

And the W5000 has 32ROP not 16 like the xbox one,the xbox one was a 7790 period,which was the GPU that match the xbox one like a glove.

The rest is just history and is irrelevant to my point,you kiss MS ass and you don't own an xbox which is a testament to how pathetic the xbox one is that you don't even feel the need to own one and like of money is not because you claim to own like 100 different PC as you claim them as YOURS in your examples.

#439 Edited by tormentos (29012 posts) -

@kingtito said:

But more importantly more brand recognition and price wasn't much of a concern considering it was the cheapest BR player on the market. That more than made up for it being the highest price console.

No the Xbox won't. It doesn't have everything Sony had going into gen 7, mainly brand recognition and being the cheapest BR player on the market. Sony also has an entire region the Xbox sells nil in, Japan. So basically you have Xbox selling in only 2 out of the 3 biggest regions and yet it still took the PS3 7 years to catch up. So that pretty much the opposite of what you're trying to say. The comeback was even less impressive than anyone imagined.

Once again, thanks for confirming what normal rational gamers already knew.

Brand recognition will only carry you so far,MS is the biggest testament to that a powerful company that has try anything on the console market and has fail every time to win a generation despite been much bigger than sony and nintendo.

Brand recognition will not sell a $600 console like hot cakes.The xbox 360 was up to $300 cheaper period,if the PS3 by any chance would have a up to $300 dollar price advantage over the xbox 360 and a year head start it would have obliterate it completely,it was at the same price and the PS2 chew and spit the xbox,just like at $100 less the PS4 chew and spit the xbox one,a $200 to $300 gap would have been devastating.

MS has windows on basically most PC on this planet what more brand recognition? Oh but it doesn't work like that. and the PS3 proved that it will only carry you so far.

@Steppy_76 said:

The PS3 wasn't a 1080p console despite having several games that were 1080p,the PS4 is more a 1080p console than the xbox one X is a 4k one that's for sure.

@kingtito said:
@Steppy_76 said:

Or his graphics no longer matter argument cows have been bringing up since the PS3 days. Now it's only about sales.

Yes and you can quote me on that,go ahead ill wait while you quote me saying graphics don't matter.lol

Unlike you hypocriteking who downplayed 720p vs 1080p all gen long,and downplayed resolution to hell and beyond only to claim that graphics are a reason to own an xbox one X after you CLEARLY stated that PC was for graphics not consoles.

Hahahahahahahahaa You are a joke...lol

I'll await the quote let me grab a chair..lol

By the way nice group therapy.

@Pedro said:

LOL. Now Sony fannies are proud to be fanboys. Don't they know fanboys are toxic to gaming?

"Xbox One sales show the highest growth of the three major hardware platforms in the U.S. this year, and the Xbox One X in particular has been performing phenomenally...

year-over-year growth like this at this point in the cycle has never been seen before, driven by launch of the Xbox One X and new content delivery efforts.

Xabis ^^ quote.

Hahahahaaa You assumed wrong so did your lemmings friend the growth is attribute to the xbox one X launch rather than to the year over year for the xbox one X..Hahahaa

#440 Edited by mowgly1 (1214 posts) -

@clone01 said:
@mowgly1 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@mowgly1 said:

Why would you choose to be a fanboy?

Because cainetao11 had immediately reacted to defend Mooch and called me a fanboy just because i called a Mooch a Xbone harasser. Well, led by cainetao11's statement that i'm a fanboy, i rather choose to be a fanboy then. Looks like cainetao11 support Mooch's deeds because his counter reaction.

#441 Posted by Pedro (34423 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@Pedro said:

"Xbox One sales show the highest growth of the three major hardware platforms in the U.S. this year, and the Xbox One X in particular has been performing phenomenally...

year-over-year growth like this at this point in the cycle has never been seen before, driven by launch of the Xbox One X and new content delivery efforts.

Xabis ^^ quote.

Hahahahaaa You assumed wrong so did your lemmings friend the growth is attribute to the xbox one X launch rather than to the year over year for the xbox one X..Hahahaa

And that relates to my quote how again?

#442 Edited by Antwan3K (4397 posts) -

the Xbox One X is definitely a phenomenal peice of hardware.. glad to see it's being well received

#443 Edited by ronvalencia (27706 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos said:

No one is talking about your pathetic W5000 which you don't have as you claim to have 300 different GPU,as you always claim them as YOURS.

And the W5000 has 32ROP not 16 like the xbox one,the xbox one was a 7790 period,which was the GPU that match the xbox one like a glove.

The rest is just history and is irrelevant to my point,you kiss MS ass and you don't own an xbox which is a testament to how pathetic the xbox one is that you don't even feel the need to own one and like of money is not because you claim to own like 100 different PC as you claim them as YOURS in your examples.

1. Without L2 cache linkage and delta color compression, old school ROPS are extremely bound by external memory bandwidth. GTX 750 Ti has 16 ROPS with L2 cache linkage + Maxwell v1 delta color compression is less bound by external memory controller and it rivals Pitcairn Pro GCN.

Do the memory bandwidth math vs ROPS count before arguing with ignorance.

Not including Tahiti GCN (crossbar connected), old GCN's ROPS are directly linked to respective memory controllers.

RGBA8 integer, PS4 has superiority over XBO. For memory writes before framebuffer memory writes that doesn't need ROPS's MSAA feature, TMUs can be used for memory writes which transfers toward external memory bound (for situation not being CU bound).

Games like Battlefield 4 has compute shader tile render via TMU read/write path tricks/optimizations. For AMD's pre-Vega GPUs, TMUs are connected to L2 cache.

RGBA16F, PS4 lands into external memory bandwidth bound (176 GB/s x 70 percent efficiency = 123 GB/s). XBO is borderline ROPS/BW bound. Both machines are almost similar at this point.

That's not including texture AND z-buffer ROPS bandwidth memory consumption which is shared with ROPS read/write bandwidth consumption.

X1X's 32 ROPS lands into 2MB L2 cache hence reducing external memory hit rates and it's probably one of the best 32 ROPS implementation when compared to older GCNs with old school 32 ROPS or even 64 ROPS from R9-390X.

X1X's RGBA16F, 1172 Mhz x 32 x 8 bytes = 300 GB/s, ROPS bound, Need TMU read/write path workaround. Polaris and Fury has 2MB L2 cache with TMUs.

X1X's RGBA32F, 1172 Mhz x 32 x 16 bytes = 600 GB/s, external BW bound, hence Polaris DCC and 2MB render cache for micro tile render workaround.

Hint: PS4 Pro's results with 32 ROPS at 911Mhz continues to scale from PS4 e.g. PS4 Pro's RDR2 yield 2X pixels with 2.3X TFLOPS over PS4's results. Polaris DCC regains memory bandwidth lost to inefficiencies e.g. ~235 GB/s., hence delivering PS4 Pro's almost 2X over PS4's effective ROPS BW.

Not including X1X, RDR2's resolution differences roughly follows XBO/PS4/PS4 Pro TFLOPS power gap NOT ROPS power gap.

Your XBO 16 ROPS vs PS4 32 ROPS argument is flawed!

X1X's ROPS and TMU works best with software micro tile render methods i.e. without this micro tile method, it fall back like Polaris 32 ROPS.

NVIDIA's version is automatic which translates normal immediate mode frame buffer render into immediate mode micro-tile render, hence higher consistency with NVIDIA's side.

This is NOT about MS, but AMD GPU hardware issues.

Around 6 to 7 TFLOPS, NVIDIA switches to 64 ROPS with ~2MB L2 cache, hence RX 580 is not being optimal at this point (needs extensive compute/TMU path optimizations) .

Try again.

#445 Posted by SecretPolice (35246 posts) -

It's realzzzz...

Bam!!! lol :P

#446 Posted by tormentos (29012 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:

Try again.

I don't have to try again The xbox one never was a w5000 it was a 7790 slow down and cut down for yields.

The PS4 had 50% more GPU cores which is why it perform better,the rest is history.

And you downplayed the gap in performance all generation long,even when it was more than 100% like 720p vs 1080p.

#447 Edited by tormentos (29012 posts) -

@Pedro said:

Just spiking you a bit more,your post was stupid considering you are a die hard lemming.

#448 Posted by Pedro (34423 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@Pedro said:

Just spiking you a bit more,your post was stupid considering you are a die hard lemming.

Don't hate me because you are grasping at straws and can't hold your own. :)

#449 Posted by Steppy_76 (2695 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

Try again.

I don't have to try again The xbox one never was a w5000 it was a 7790 slow down and cut down for yields.

The PS4 had 50% more GPU cores which is why it perform better,the rest is history.

And you downplayed the gap in performance all generation long,even when it was more than 100% like 720p vs 1080p.

How many games are only 720p on the x1? The resolution gap is usually 1080p vs. 900p or so, but way to take the least common/widest resolution gap scenario to skew your argument.

#450 Edited by cainetao11 (36544 posts) -

@mowgly1: do you always draw conclusions from being asked a question? When did I say I prefer either? I simply asked what makes being one better than the other since you claimed one is.