Xbox One X 'performing phenomenally' says NPD

#351 Edited by Pedro (34454 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:

You think RDR2 is the best looking game this gen? That shit looks OK at best.

That bitterness is so intense. Say it again just for giggles.

(The above is when the best looking game is not 4k on your favourite system)

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#352 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4579 posts) -
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

You think RDR2 is the best looking game this gen? That shit looks OK at best.

That bitterness is so intense. Say it again just for giggles.

You don't even play any games, so it's not like you even know what a good game looks like.

#353 Posted by Pedro (34454 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:

You don't even play any games, so it's not like you even know what a good game looks like.

LOL. So when you have no other argument and you have been owned, you make the assumption that I don't play games.

#354 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4579 posts) -
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

LOL. So when you have no other argument and you have been owned, you make the assumption that I don't play games.

It's not an assumption on my end. You're just another Xbox fraud.

#355 Posted by Pedro (34454 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:

It's not an assumption on my end. You're just another Xbox fraud.

Assumption: a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof.

#356 Posted by I_P_Daily (11701 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin: Please keep going Benji, just a few more truck & dogs full of salt and I can start selling it to China LOL.

#357 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4579 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Please keep going Benji, just a few more truck & dogs full of salt and I can start selling it to China LOL.

You better use it to season up your defeat this gen so the taste of crow can go down better.

#358 Posted by I_P_Daily (11701 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:

You better use it to season up your defeat this gen so the taste of crow can go down better.

C'mon you can do better benji, give me MOARRRRRRRRRRR...

#359 Edited by mowgly1 (1214 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:
@mowgly1 said:
@boycie said:

@mowgly1: bottom line is the X looks significantly better than the pro.

Just because resolution, not because graphics are better. Outside resolution, graphics are the same on both.

Higher resolution exposes additional artwork's pixels to the end user, hence they are not the same.

Resolution isn't same, graphics are the same.

#360 Posted by ronvalencia (27745 posts) -

@mowgly1 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@mowgly1 said:
@boycie said:

Just because resolution, not because graphics are better. Outside resolution, graphics are the same on both.

Higher resolution exposes additional artwork's pixels to the end user, hence they are not the same.

Resolution isn't same, graphics are the same.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-red-dead-redemption-2-face-off

Rockstar's stunning technological achievement runs at native 4K on the X, and also delivers the smoothest performance.

#361 Posted by darkRecon6Opt (119 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin: yes let's ignore npd dude

#362 Posted by babyjoker1221 (1304 posts) -

Always good to see benji in full meltdown mode.

Keep the rage going benji!

#363 Edited by tormentos (29027 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:
@mowgly1 said:
@boycie said:

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Where the fu** were you when the PS4 was spanking the xbox one even 720p vs 1080p..

I never saw you using that argument EVER...Hahahahaa

Boy how arguments change..

All gen long you claimed the gap wasn't that big and downplayed every advantage of the PS4.lol

@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@i_p_daily said:

If true then you have just made a lot of cows sad & angry towards you tormy

Na hahahhaa i use to have an xbox 360 since launch last gen and a OG xbox since 2001 as well,and i still was a sony fan..hahhaaa

I spent >$1000 on a Sony Vaio FW-45 laptop with Radeon HD 4650M (320 SP, ~352 GFLOPS shader compute, 8 ROPS) 512MB GDDR3 + blu-ray-ROM/DVD-RW drive which has higher cost when compared to PS3/PS4 combined.

And? what does that has to do with what i was saying to ipdaily?

@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Xbox is doing so great, that Microsoft has been keeping it a secret for several years now.*

*The numbers are bad, man.

This thread is positive news for the One X and for 7 pages you have been bitter.😂😂😂

Dude this thread is about the xbox one X performing better this year over the whole 2 months that the xbox one X was available for purchase last year..lol

Which is why it show a bigger growth that any platform dah the other platforms were been sold for the whole year so the year over year would have to be out of this world to outdo the xbox one X which only was available for 2 months last year at $500 and now is even at $429 with 1 game and has been selling for 11 months.

This is nothing really.

#364 Posted by SecretPolice (35254 posts) -

This is freakin TOAT baby!!! Well done TC...

Poor cows can't even buy a break these dayzzz. lolol :P

#365 Posted by Steppy_76 (2695 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:
@mowgly1 said:
@boycie said:

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Where the fu** were you when the PS4 was spanking the xbox one even 720p vs 1080p..

I never saw you using that argument EVER...Hahahahaa

Boy how arguments change..

All gen long you claimed the gap wasn't that big and downplayed every advantage of the PS4.lol

@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@i_p_daily said:

If true then you have just made a lot of cows sad & angry towards you tormy

Na hahahhaa i use to have an xbox 360 since launch last gen and a OG xbox since 2001 as well,and i still was a sony fan..hahhaaa

I spent >$1000 on a Sony Vaio FW-45 laptop with Radeon HD 4650M (320 SP, ~352 GFLOPS shader compute, 8 ROPS) 512MB GDDR3 + blu-ray-ROM/DVD-RW drive which has higher cost when compared to PS3/PS4 combined.

And? what does that has to do with what i was saying to ipdaily?

@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Xbox is doing so great, that Microsoft has been keeping it a secret for several years now.*

*The numbers are bad, man.

This thread is positive news for the One X and for 7 pages you have been bitter.😂😂😂

Dude this thread is about the xbox one X performing better this year over the whole 2 months that the xbox one X was available for purchase last year..lol

Which is why it show a bigger growth that any platform dah the other platforms were been sold for the whole year so the year over year would have to be out of this world to outdo the xbox one X which only was available for 2 months last year at $500 and now is even at $429 with 1 game and has been selling for 11 months.

This is nothing really.

YOY compares the same month from one year to the same month the next year. The x1 had the largest increase in sales over the same month the previous year than any of the other consoles. They ALL had increases over last year, the xbone simply had the largest. It does nothing other than refute the oft repeated claim that the xbone is "failing". There was literally NO reason for cows to get all triggered by the news and this thread, but here we are.

#366 Posted by svaubel (4127 posts) -

This thread is almost as good as some system wars threads of old. so much salt lol

#367 Posted by tormentos (29027 posts) -

@Steppy_76 said:

YOY compares the same month from one year to the same month the next year. The x1 had the largest increase in sales over the same month the previous year than any of the other consoles. They ALL had increases over last year, the xbone simply had the largest. It does nothing other than refute the oft repeated claim that the xbone is "failing". There was literally NO reason for cows to get all triggered by the news and this thread, but here we are.

Last year it was $500 no games.

This years $400+ with 1 game.

Do the math. it is failing it failed period not even 40 million sold even the PS3 that started at $600 was well over 50 million by its 5th year,hell 56 millions by November 2011.

By the way NPD mean total shit the xbox is dead outside US,what this show is the same crap the xbox one only does fair in US and dead everywhere else as this is not a world wide sales article just US.

By the way i am sure MS loss NPD to sony and probably nintendo to.

#368 Posted by Pedro (34454 posts) -

@Steppy_76 said:

Sssssh. Don't step on his agenda, allow the bitterness to flow through them for 7 pages going on 8. :P

#369 Posted by tormentos (29027 posts) -

@Pedro said:
@Steppy_76 said:

Sssssh. Don't step on his agenda, allow the bitterness to flow through them for 7 pages going on 8. :P

Yeah i am the one with the agenda..Hahahahahaa

Yeah let's pretend MS never ever hyped NPD sales and that the only reason they dropped hyping them is because they got the short end of the stick.

Again the xbox one did badly last year.

The xbox one X was $500 no games.

This year is $400+ 1 game.

The PS4 did great last year so did the switch so is harder for them to have the biggest growth again,growth mean total shit without actual REAL numbers.

You can have 1,000% growth and still have shitty sales.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/nintendo-wii-u-sales-up-685-as-zelda-wind-waker-hd-hits-shelves-8878783.html

Kind of remind me of this ^^ crap..Hahahaa

I guess that was also a turning point on 2013 the wii u was making a comeback and wasn't failing because of that right?

#370 Posted by SecretPolice (35254 posts) -

Mangy this thread is epic...

Come one, come all, if just for the laughs. lol :P

#371 Edited by Steppy_76 (2695 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@Pedro said:
@Steppy_76 said:

Yeah i am the one with the agenda..Hahahahahaa

Yeah let's pretend MS never ever hyped NPD sales and that the only reason they dropped hyping them is because they got the short end of the stick.

Again the xbox one did badly last year.

The xbox one X was $500 no games.

This year is $400+ 1 game.

The PS4 did great last year so did the switch so is harder for them to have the biggest growth again,growth mean total shit without actual REAL numbers.

You can have 1,000% growth and still have shitty sales.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/nintendo-wii-u-sales-up-685-as-zelda-wind-waker-hd-hits-shelves-8878783.html

Kind of remind me of this ^^ crap..Hahahaa

I guess that was also a turning point on 2013 the wii u was making a comeback and wasn't failing because of that right?

As I stated before, I'm pretty sure the same month MS led YOY growth was the same month last where they led in revenue earned due to the cost of the x1x, which pretty much wrecks the whole "it's easy to improve crappy sales" theory. Its all about context. The above wiiU example was an example of crappy sales leading to slightly less crappy sales giving a large boost. That is not the case here as I'll say it again, MS led YOU growth in the same month it previously led all consoles in revenue. You are aware the gap in the NA market for PS4 and xbox one is about 1:15 to 1 right?

#372 Edited by tormentos (29027 posts) -

@Steppy_76 said:

As I stated before, I'm pretty sure the same month MS led YOY growth was the same month last where they led in revenue earned due to the cost of the x1x, which pretty much wrecks the whole "it's easy to improve crappy sales" theory.

No it doesn't and MS revenues include much more than JUST XBOX.

The higher revenues were not only do to the xbox one X higher price,now MS gaming division is grouped together with windows and other MS products.

Again and just like i just PROVED with the wii u link i just posted having growth mean total crap when you were having shitty sales the xbox one X wasn't a huge seller and certainly the best selling one by a long shot was the XBOS.

#373 Posted by kingtito (10364 posts) -

@tormentos: So what you're saying is the PS3 catching up is even less impressive. According to you the 360 had no games, had a severe shortage AND was a cheaper console yet wasn't selling that well.

To summarize, the PS3 had brand name recognition, came off the 2 more successful consoles in history, was the cheapest BR player, going against a console that sold 24M total the gen prior, suffered from the worst manufacturing defects(50% breakdowns according to most) AND it's early library didn't have any AAA or even good games, yet it still took the PS3 7 years to catch up??????

Thanks for pointing out the PS3 eventually catching up in sales is even less impressive than anyone thought. Failure confirmed

#374 Posted by Pedro (34454 posts) -

@tormentos "Which is why it show a bigger growth that any platform dah the other platforms were been sold for the whole year so the year over year would have to be out of this world to outdo the xbox one X which only was available for 2 months last year at $500 and now is even at $429 with 1 game and has been selling for 11 months."

This statement was false. Thus the reason @Steppy_76 stated "YOY compares the same month from one year to the same month the next year."

#375 Posted by Pedro (34454 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@tormentos: So what you're saying is the PS3 catching up is even less impressive. According to you the 360 had no games, had a severe shortage AND was a cheaper console yet wasn't selling that well.

To summarize, the PS3 had brand name recognition, came off the 2 more successful consoles in history, was the cheapest BR player, going against a console that sold 24M total the gen prior, suffered from the worst manufacturing defects(50% breakdowns according to most) AND it's early library didn't have any AAA or even good games, yet it still took the PS3 7 years to catch up??????

Thanks for pointing out the PS3 eventually catching up in sales is even less impressive than anyone thought. Failure confirmed

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
#376 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (10058 posts) -

My predictions:

Sony sold 1.3M units on Black Friday. It's worse than 2017, but overall, they had an exceptional November.

PS4 was #1 at box retailers; GameStop, BestBuy, Walmart and Target.

PSVR had it's second best week ever. Only behind launch week.

1st Party software had it's strongest non launch week ever; GOW, and Spiderman did very well.

Fwiw, we'll see a lot more PS4 Pro bundles / sales next years. A big reason why we haven't is because of hardware supply issues (memory shortages around GDDR5), which should be fixed next year.

#377 Edited by tormentos (29027 posts) -

@kingtito said:

No that is what you CLAIM.

There were 360 shortages because of Yields of the chip of the unit weren't great,the xbox 360 didn't sell that much in fact it sold 1.5 million from launch to december 31,to put that into perspective the xbox one sold 3 million at $500 on 2013 and sony sold 4.2 millions.

They could not do units fast enough,it lasted like until may 2006 that shipments normalize.

Well you can quote me saying the xbox 360 had no games?

No what i did was shoot down this notion that the xbox 360 had tons of games while the PS3 had nothing,specially for years like you said. The xbox 360 at launch didn't have this huge library of games,most of its games were on PS2 or PC,worse games like Kameo and PDZ were not 90+ games at all.

And 3rd i showed how the PS3 by 2007 already had games,and by 2008 its second year already had games higher rated than anything on 360.

Oh and i am not even touching Backward compatibility which you people make a huge deal now,and that when the PS3 came was compatible with more than 5,000 games from 2 generations.

Yeah lets ignore that the PS3 was more expensive than the xbox 360 all generations long,that it arrived 1 years late,that the wii and not actually the xbox 360 took most of the casuals on the PS2 side.

Is a miracle sony pull it off,the xbox one started at $500 not $600,and by holiday 2014 1 year,already the xbox one was $329 with 2 free games over a $400 PS4 and still could not do anything.

So yeah the PS3 pulled a big one all things considered.

@Pedro said:

@tormentos "Which is why it show a bigger growth that any platform dah the other platforms were been sold for the whole year so the year over year would have to be out of this world to outdo the xbox one X which only was available for 2 months last year at $500 and now is even at $429 with 1 game and has been selling for 11 months."

This statement was false. Thus the reason @Steppy_76 stated "YOY compares the same month from one year to the same month the next year."

Xbox One sales show the highest growth of the three major hardware platforms in the U.S. this year, and the Xbox One X in particular has been performing phenomenally...

year-over-year growth like this at this point in the cycle has never been seen before, driven by launch of the Xbox One X and new content delivery efforts. It's a mid-generation turnaround the market's never seen before. This qualifies as phenomenal, even if not market leading.

It wasn't just Year over year the own article claims highest growth this YEAR not just year over year.

In fact read the second bold part he claim ""year over growth at this point has never been seen before,and claim is driven by the xbox one X LAUNCH"" you fool the xbox one X launch happen last year not this year,i think you people are putting this so out of context is not even funny,when he talks about year over year growth he credit the xbox one X launch so he is talking about the xbox one BRAND there is no freaking way he is just talking about the xbox one X alone,since he attribute the growth to the launch of the xbox one X how in hell can you people miss that?

OMG..Hahahahahahaa

It is like that the whole year over year growth is not about the xbox one X at least not by what the article claim,the year over year part credit the xbox one X launch and the part about higher sales just say this YEAR...hahahahahaa

#378 Posted by kingtito (10364 posts) -

@tormentos: And yet it took the PS3 7 freaking years to catch up. Thanks for confirming what a failure it really was given all the negatives the 360 had.

I guess you could say the 360 was even MORE impressive or the PS3 was more of a failure than anyone could have guess prior to the start of gen 7.

Again, thanks for confirming what more rational gamers already knew

#379 Posted by cainetao11 (36549 posts) -

So much butthurt here HAHAHAHAHAHAHA hahahahaha

#380 Posted by mowgly1 (1214 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-red-dead-redemption-2-face-off

Rockstar's stunning technological achievement runs at native 4K on the X, and also delivers the smoothest performance.

I mentioned graphics. Performance isn't graphics, isn't it. Even difference in performance is even smaller than in resolution. Btw. you never mentioned something similar before like @tormentos said.

Odd, isn't it. Well done, Tormentos. Xbone fan caught in the act.

#381 Edited by mowgly1 (1214 posts) -

@Steppy_76 said:

FACT is, which Xbone fans DELIBERATELY IGNORING, Xbone had the worst sales last year in US in Xbone history. PS4 is overall UP for now YOY in US compared to EXCEPTIONALLY WELL last year in US and WITHOUT MAYOR PROMOTIONS till Black Friday and unlike Xbone, who had a really crap last year, and wow, Xbone is up YOY compared to last year in US. With all those sales promotion throughout whole damn 2018, it's easy to beat last years BAD NUMBERS! Go figure!

Mat Piscatella :

Pro has also done exceptionally well. The entire iterative model concept has worked better than I think most in the industry expected. They're both a significant contributor their respective platform's total sales.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/15532484/

Fun fact :

If Xbone don't sell over 1.55 mil. units in Nov. this year, it will fall behind X360 in US launch aligned. Globally it's a thing for about 2 years.

#382 Posted by sts106mat (24880 posts) -

cows resorting to the use of bold and caps lock now at the same time .

desperation reaches an exceptionally high level

#383 Posted by VERTIGO47 (7101 posts) -

ITT:

Cows having an intense massive orgasmic super volcanic Meltdown, flowing right out of their butthurt!

#384 Edited by mowgly1 (1214 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

Cuz you, Xbone fans are DUMB to read. Let's see how you will act when your lovely crappy Xbone will be obliterated by Nintendo and Sony in November NPD. That's really good.

#385 Posted by cainetao11 (36549 posts) -

@sts106mat: “cows resorting to the use of bold and caps lock now at the same time .

desperation reaches an exceptionally high level”

IM NOT BUTTHURT !!!!!!!!!! Lol

#386 Posted by Techhog89 (3723 posts) -
@Nonstop-Madness said:

My predictions:

Sony sold 1.3M units on Black Friday. It's worse than 2017, but overall, they had an exceptional November.

PS4 was #1 at box retailers; GameStop, BestBuy, Walmart and Target.

PSVR had it's second best week ever. Only behind launch week.

1st Party software had it's strongest non launch week ever; GOW, and Spiderman did very well.

Fwiw, we'll see a lot more PS4 Pro bundles / sales next years. A big reason why we haven't is because of hardware supply issues (memory shortages around GDDR5), which should be fixed next year.

It sold more than that (and more than Xbox One).

#387 Posted by cainetao11 (36549 posts) -

@mowgly1: “Cuz you, Xbone fans are DUMB to read”

Irony rules.

#388 Posted by dagubot (1310 posts) -
@cainetao11 said:

Irony rules.

Lmfao...

#389 Posted by pmanden (633 posts) -

@XVision84: Go up only ? You can also start digging through the bottom, which Nintendo did with their Wii U.

#390 Edited by mowgly1 (1214 posts) -
@cainetao11 said:

Irony rules.

First and foremost, you Xbone fans, deliberately ignoring some facts. Sadly, you really are dumb to read. That's why caps lock and bold letter are needed. As a reminder to what happened with your crappy Xbone. Isn't that great when Xbone will be in 3rd place, outsold by japanese consoles in US? Soon, Nintendo with Switch will overtake Xbones LTD worldwide in next year and a half. That's great to hear, man!

#391 Posted by cainetao11 (36549 posts) -

@mowgly1: lmao I love it buddy. Keep firing.

#392 Edited by mowgly1 (1214 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@mowgly1: lmao I love it buddy. Keep firing.

No problem. Need to keep fire burning under your Xbone asses

#393 Posted by pmanden (633 posts) -

@scatteh316: I've asked my wife for one. That worked! :)

#394 Edited by cainetao11 (36549 posts) -

@mowgly1: it is almost winter so more warmth is appreciated

And lol at “Japanese consoles”. Many here are quick to point out the Xbox isn’t made in America. Well the PS4 nor Switch aren’t made in Japan either.

#395 Posted by Steppy_76 (2695 posts) -

@mowgly1 said:
@sts106mat said:

Cuz you, Xbone fans are DUMB to read. Let's see how you will act when your lovely crappy Xbone will be obliterated by Nintendo and Sony in November NPD. That's really good.

This whole thing started because cows were salty that good news came out about the xbox. Nowhere did anyone say it was beating the PS4, yet cows got all butthurt simply because this paints a picture contrary to their "xbone is a failure" mantra. Also people's region they are in will probably has a drastic perception in how they perceive things. The PS4 is not ahead in my region (NA) by anywhere near what they are anywhere else. What are we going to consider "obliterated" Let's define it now so that we don't have backtracking when the numbers come in one way or the other.

#396 Posted by Pedro (34454 posts) -

Is there a reason for saying "DUMB to read" vs "too DUMB to read"?

#397 Posted by xhawk27 (11283 posts) -

@mowgly1 said:
@ronvalencia said:

I mentioned graphics. Performance isn't graphics, isn't it. Even difference in performance is even smaller than in resolution. Btw. you never mentioned something similar before like @tormentos said.

Odd, isn't it. Well done, Tormentos. Xbone fan caught in the act.

Do you remember when Performance matter to the Cows. Now it seems it doesn't matter anymore.

This thread -

#398 Posted by Zappat (1595 posts) -

Lemmings celebrating a NPD rumor as if they had won the gen. Lmao, so pathetic.

#399 Posted by Steppy_76 (2695 posts) -

@zappat said:

Cows coming in to a thread that has nothing to do with the PS4 and bashing the xbone as if xbone bad news is required to enjoy the PS4, Lmao so pathetic.

#400 Posted by Zappat (1595 posts) -
@Steppy_76 said:
@zappat said:

Cows coming in to a thread that has nothing to do with the PS4 and bashing the xbone as if xbone bad news is required to enjoy the PS4, Lmao so pathetic.

This is SW, if you cry everytime one faction attacks the other in SW then you're doubly pathetic for coming here and not having a thick skin. Go to the Xbox forum if you can't handle it.